Metabolism slowing down?

Hey guys.
So since march I've lost 10 KG with diet and a lot of training. I was at 107 and I'm now at 97 at 183cm.
My goal weight is around 80 kilograms.

It's been pretty good so far and I never had any problems. Cutting food back was a challenge at first but now it's going like a breeze.
The thing is. I don't eat more than 1600-1800 calories a day nowadays.

Before I've struggled with cutting under 2500 and now I'm just not that hungry anymore.
My diet pretty much contains of eggs, vegtetables, low fat milk products and chicken breast.
So I talked to a friend and he says my metabolism is probably declining which would be unfortunate for further weight losing.

>if it's true what can I do against it
>any tips you could give me?

Cut more? Adipose tissue also expends calories, I think it was 22kcal per kilogram. It stands to reason that you should lower your caloric intake with about 250 kcal a day if you want to see the same results for the next 10 kilograms. Incorporate some memes into your diet like IF and keto, do some cardio. Buy weight loss supplements like l-carnitine, yohimbine, thermogenic fat burners (those work best if you actually train and do cardio).

>guys I did the bare minimum and now I'm plateauing :^)

Just up the ante and you're gonna make it. We're all gonna make it.

"Reducing calories leeads to weight loss" is a myth. It's just playing the insulin carousel. You need to fast 2-5 days a week, and eat filling, nutritious meals (leafy green veggies, protein, fats) when you do eat to nourish your body. Preferably low carb.

Well for now I didn't experience any decline yet.
I'm lifting 3 times per week and do cardio on a treadmill 2 times.
I was just wondering about my decline in appetite so I asked him and got a bit worried because of his response. Losing weight has been perfectly fine and I'm not complaining.
I was just worried and wanted like a second opinion of you guys

Your body does not like the fact it is not getting enough calories in, so it's trying to keep you alive longer by being more efficient with it's calorific consumption. Do a refeed. I do Keto for fat loss, low carb, high fat, adequate protein. Do a refeed every week or two to keep your body happy.

See related, OP

youtu.be/vCIBse6v3Qc

Your cultish behavior is what makes fasts, both IF and EF look bad when they actually work. Please stop.

No u

The thing is it happened pretty quickly and drastically like staring from yesterday to tomorrow.
At first I was glad I don't need to eat so much, and what I eat is already really healthy but after speaking to my buddy I was having second thoughts.
He also told me to "refeed" to tell my body I'm not in survival mode

>Implying you can't do Keto and IF at the same time

mcfucking kill yourself faggot

Everything I said was true

Are these fat burn supplements worth it? I always thought they're just Fitness hocus pocus which actually don't do anything

See? This is what I'm talking about you absolute fucking neanderthal. I said fasting works, I'm actually on my 8th day of water fasting and I NEVER mentioned anything about keto in the post you quoted, but you had to go and argue against a fucking strawman because I dared question your methods.

Absolute fucking cult.

Survival mode? That's some bro science right there. You have plenty of fat reserves to live on. Shit, you could do a 20 day water fast if you want and have plenty of body fat to feed the body.

You're not losing any muscle either. That's a meme.

youtu.be/E484qiQXxzM

If you fast for more than 3 days Morton Lite Salt (potassium) & Natural Care Magnesium Powder, and a multivitamin are your friend.

>Your cultish behaviour makes fasts look bad when they work

Sure as shit sounds like you're saying that I was saying fasts don't work, or why the fuck else would you be saying I 'make them look bad when they work'?

Not eating enough carbs or in general can slow down metabolism. You're sending to your body the signal that it isn't getting enough energy to support its functions so it adapts.

Eating too much fat does the same, that's why animals engulf fatty food before hibernation as it'll send their body in sleep mode

Do 'em if you have the disposable income. They aren't a magic pill (although sterons and other illegal shit like DNP actually are 'magic' but I wouldn't recommend those unless you really know your shit and even then they carry their risks) that will double your weight loss but will make you lose weight at 2x the rate, but it's not like they are gonna make it harder either. At the very least they raise my heart rate and make me sweat more, so they do help -some-.

Well I am training and following a diet so it couldn't hurt, right? I mean I don't expect the pill to lose weight on it's own for me, that'd be ludicrous.

Any recommendations you have for me?

No. Many do more harm than good. Fasting is very healthy, and you lose weight fast. You'll lose almost a kg a day, and:

>skyrocket HGH, lower blood pressure & glucose, repair scars & ligaments via autophagy, remove bad/dead cells, bacteria, parasites, etc

You don't need a fucking pill..

No recommendations really so take all of this with a grain of salt, I've only tried like 2 brands and it was based on online reviews in my country. Gotta check the stores near you and if someone online has any experience with the products they are selling. As far as products go I'm using pills of pure L-Carnitine, pure Yohimbine and a blend of fat loss suplements that includes raspberry exogenous ketones called Black Fire. Basically my thought process was 'I have the money, why not try something with good reviews'.

Bro your diet is a meme. Eat some rice with your protein and your metabolism will go up.

Right now you're damaging your body, I'll explain. When you eat protein, its amino acids make your insulin goes up which in turn make your blood sugar go down. It doesn't stay that way because you would lose consciousness. Your body has TWO ways of getting your blood sugar back to normal : a) if you ate enough carbs (1.5 to 2 times your protein grams) it transforms them into sugar OR b) it triggers cortisol (stress hormone) which will make up sugar at the expense of your body because that hormone does all kinds of nasty inflammatory things.

Your 5g of carbs from veggies are far from enough. Take a hint from 6000 years of human history and punch a lowcarber in the face next time he tells you to cut off carbs.

So "fasting" in terms of not eating literally anything besides drinking water?
But that doesn't sound really healthy

I occasionally eat some carbs like full corn noodles or some brown rice. And fruit too but I guess I should eat "normally" once per week

Carnitine is the reason studies find that red meat causes heart diseases and colon cancer and you're taking it as a supplement lol. Just eat red meat 3 times a day, it'll be the exact same outcome but tastier. It's anti-thyroid too btw.

Right. See , , .

Its super healthy.

I'm not eating red meat since I'm fasting. Something being bad in the long run is a non-argument since Oxygen is bad in the long run, lol. Once I have a healthy weight and move onto a healthy diet I'm not going to take any supplements for weight loss.

Leafy greens also cause colon cancer because of HIGHER concentration of nitrates and excess amounts of dietary fiber which irritates your colon. Don't eat cucumbers, yo.

Nitrates are actually pretty shit yeah but your comparison of all things being bad in the long run is wrong and retarded. Maybe stop fasting it'll help you think clearer.

Anons I'm having a problem to lose fat and it really is a painful one and need help.

Just to tell it I have to tell the reason why so bare with me for a sec, I have a bone/muscle degenerative autoinmune disease that makes me pretty much consume really strong meds daily since I was a child, but thanks to that now I now have to deal with a slow metabolism because I developed a fatty liver disease that litterally slowed down my metabolism to cirrhosis levels of severeness and along with that, gastroesophageal reflux disease.

The problem is every time I start working out the reflux doesn't let me sleep from the pain of the small amount of food I have to digest thanks to the diet and I'm on pain pretty much all day thanks to it, so what kind of food/snacks do you recommend to fill me up all day and what can I do to lose fat faster since the sticky doesn't help me at all on my specific case since veggies seem to be not working at all.

I'm actually not sure about this "metabolic slowdown" thing, there is a huge discussion with claims on both sides. Some preach that there is absolutely no slowdown beyond what naturally comes from losing weight and others say it goes as far as metabolic damage, people eating very little and exercising a lot without any further weight loss.

In my experience the latter is true, I've eaten very very little without losing weight before but there is no concrete science for it, mainly anecdotal stuff.

Are you exercising? I couldn't lose weight through just diet, what helped me was eating more and actually working out. It sounds a bit counter-intuitive and as I said there is no real science for it but it seems the exercise raised my metabolism a lot more than the extra food.

I'm in the same boat, I'm at about 15% BF and it just doesn't seem to go any lower even though I'm on about 1200 calories a day, don't really feel hungry any more just lethargic.

I feel like ive stayed the same for weeks though

user above you, had the same thing. I'd actually fall asleep during the day for no apparent reason and I felt cold all of the time, even at 21C at home with a sweater. I hate the word starvation mode but it kinda fits here. I ate below 1000 calories and lost like 3kg in 2 weeks.

The "solution" seems to be to slowly increase your daily intake and slowly "recover" your metabolism. Ideally you shouldn't gain any real weight during this time and increase your TDEE so you will eventually be able to actually create a deficit again to lose weight. But all of this is pure broscience. Worth a shot though, it's stupid to contiue what isn't working.

yea its just weird though, calories in vs calories out seems to fall apart the thinner you get

Because CICO is extremely reductionistic, there is so much more to it. When you're at 400lbs any change will lead to weight loss, when you're at 150 and 10% BF you really have to think about how to balance it, when and what to eat if you want to get even lower.

but where does your body take that energy from if not fat or muscle at that level?

>Are these fat burn supplements worth it?

the only fat burner that's worth using is DNP.
it's also illegal, poisonous, dangerous as fuck and potentially lethal.

Being on a caloric deficit for a long period of time always leads to metabolic adaptation. The bigger the deficit the faster your resting metabolic rate drops. You will recover when you eat at a surplus.

Your energy expenditure drops and so the deficit becomes smaller, slowing down the fat loss. The smaller your fat stores get the more aggressively your body adapts to reduce energy use. One effective adaptation to reduce energy use is getting rid of muscle since its maintenance is energy-expensive. The liver and kidneys also become smaller. Going real slowly with the cut at this point is a good idea.

>drastic loss in weight
just water weight and intestinal bulk
keep cutting at 1800, you should lose weight
ignore your friend

What the fuck is wrong with you?