/qtddtot/

Questions that don't deserve their own thread
England edition

how many rounds of tabata do you do? I just did a 4 minute cycle of tabata squats and my legs have a crazy pump

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_obxAwJQTHI
youtu.be/uq3OjmKeL44?t=44
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?

Two things:
I'm 5'7, 159 lbs and probably 18% - 20%, is it possible to hit 15% in 4 weeks, and 12% in 8 weeks?

And:
>warm up OHP 45 - 85 - 100 - 120
>120 feels like fucking nothing, feeling good and I was amping myself up to try for a 135 1rm.
>Try to do 120 again after 3.5 min rest
>Feels heavy as fuck, can only do 3 dirty reps + 2 push press reps
>Rest another 3 mins
>Can't even get it up, deload to 115 and even that feels heavy

Why, should I take shorter rests? Longer rests? Gassing myself out cause I took too many warm up sets?

pls respond even if this post is 10+ hours old, more input is always appreciated.

I am fat but not obese (177cm 99kg 25% BF) and recently got back into exercising on a daily basis around 4-5 months ago following a circuit program.

When I started for the first month I was working out at random times and at the end of each time since I was always pushing myself to my limits I was close whiting out but eventually my body got used to the intensity and duration and it was no longer a problem, recently the program increased the duration of each workout by 50% and added another set/round for each workout so now its 4 sets instead of 3.

Basically to cut the story short after the increased intensity and duration I have not been able to do the 4th set because after the 3rd set I am always super close to passing out. What can I do to either stop this or increase my whiting out threshold?

Love ADF-Kun

Probably got in your own head. Was 120 your working set? Or 135?
Also maybe try some other light shoulder warm ups to get everything going. This video definitely helped my shit out
youtu.be/_obxAwJQTHI

Will all cardio help me get better at running? I want to do some boxing and rowing instead of running all the time, i dont want to run constantly as its hard on the legs and makes leg day a chore. Will rowing, boxing, etc contribute? Or will it not be as effective. Need to git gud at running for the army reserves.

Should I bulk and then cut or cut now and then bulk? I don't want my gains to stagnate right now but if it is more beneficial for the future to cut then I'm all for it.

What should I do exactly? Btw if it matters I'm currently at ~24% bf, and 6'6. I feel like cutting will make me look too skinny

Been lifting for a year why are my arms still 12"? I've gained weight and do weighted chins and dips

forever bulk at 6'6

You're overweight. Cut down to at least 20 bro

am i still skinnyfat kms mode

should i get gyno surgery or just lose more fat

Whats a good app for tracking my lifts? Wanted to start with Texas Method and like to enter my lifts into a simple, somewhat adjustable app to keep track on progress

At what bodyfat roughly % will I be rid of this piece of fat?

Maybe 12 or 15. Build your chest to take away from it.

>Wanted to start with Texas Method
never gonna make it

i use JEFit and it works great imo

Is it alright to substitute the floor press for the decline press?

Pls respond quickly

I don't think I'll be able to go to the gym during the summer. Will it be hard to maintain the muscle I've built? I've been lifting for 8 months now, so I don't have that much muscle to lose.

don't start with the texas method.

Fit notes is GOAT

why the fuck would you not be able to go nigger

its 2 hours off ur day

I won't be anywhere near one

I mean obviously yes your muscles with wither to a point, but who the fuck can answer you how much. No one.

What you should be asking, whats a good bw routine to do instead. I dont know the answer to that one, but thats what you should be asking.

Teared my supraspinatus tendon, I basically can only do squats and deadlifts for 2 months.
I already squat every lifting day but deadlift only once (SxSxSDxx and 3x5 S and 3x3 DL).
Considering it's going to be the only two exercices I will be doing, can I deadlift everyday or twice a week on top of squatting everyday or am I going to fuck my shit up?

I dont think you can DL heavy if your shoulder isnt fine.

Also yes youll fuck things up, volume can normally be added to a quite high point if enough kcal are eaten, but limits to everything. Especially DL.

Look at those digits. Glad I checked with you guys. Whats better after SS/SL type of linear progression?

I will take a look into it, thank you user

Candito lp, phul

M, 24, 193cm, 86kg

GSLP - 5months:

94kg X 5 - Squat

108kg X 5 - Deadlift

66kg X 5 - Bench press

44kg X 5 - Overhead press

BW X 10 - Dips

BW X 7 - Pull-ups

I've been stupid and cutting since February but have been on a 2600kcal bulk for a couple of weeks to push the numbers up. I feel as if most my lifts are growing steady, but my OHP is not even third world, just like my bench. Should I keep grinding or switch to a program with more volume?
Also, I'm sleeping about 7-7,5h a night, should I try to get more sleep?

it will improve your cardio which makes running easier but in my experience no where near as much as running. Even just twice a week for 20-30 mins will help you out a lot

no
better to not substitute it at all or just do flat bench

TM is great after SS, but it seemed like you were going to jump right into it as a beginner.

one thing to warn you about TM is that the upper body and deadlifts are very much second priority after squats. TM will make your squat big but don't be surprised if the upper body and deadlifts don't take off at the same rate, though they should still increase.

like other user said, PHUL and candito are also good options. i'll also recommend greg nuckols' 28 free programs.

Do both presses more frequently with lower weights (60-70%) and more reps on the days they're not originally programmed.

yes

how can i make my gym shoes not smell?

serious

According to my bmi, I'm overweight. I'm 180cm and 90kg. Thing is, I'm quite lean so I'm confused.
Also, as I have no chance to get into a gym at the moment, what could be good excercises to strengthen my upper body?

baking soda

Really not able to do floor presses at local gym. Would it be enough to do flat bench stopping when the elbows are parallel to shoulders?

The doc said I was fine, even if deadlifting heavy because my arm stays straight down and I have 0 pain when deadlifting.

I won't be changing my daily volume, only 3x5 squats and 3x3 deadlifts, but I guess I'll have to stick with DLing once or twice a week then.

Put it to dry out in the sun after you're done using it .

Is 135 bench good for 2 months of lifting? Im 154 pounds.

how much volume is too much volume?
i tend to think overtraining is a myth but i recently got tendonitis and i was wondering if that may be because i had too much volume

some days i feel super gassed by the end, and walk out the gym thinking "i probably should have cut out a couple exercises"
other days i feel fine

Thanks user

post routine

can anyone answer?

Thanks. The thing is that my lifts seem pretty low compared to others that started phul, candito or TM. But I stalled after I cut, and I like the leanness I got and wanted to maintain this weight over summer
5'10Lifting since November with 2 months break in between. Played sports before but was not active the last 3 years till nov 2016.
Lifts are 5x5 each, never tried 1rm
OHP: 125
Bench: 170
Backsquat: 225
Front Squat 180
Deadlift: 250

My chest is lacking so I wanted to bench 3 times a week. Shouldnt be too much I guess. I would like to 4 times now, and I think I have a good grasp on how my body behaves.
Thanks for your input, much appreciated lads

Pull
5x5 bent over row (3x5 deadlift, alternate)
3x8 pullups
3x8 narrow grip cable row
4x8 narrow grip ez bar curl
4x8 hammer curl
3x8 wide grip lat pulldown
3x8 wide grip cable curl
3x8 narrow grip lat pulldown
3x8 each arm cable curl
3x8 wide grip cable row
3x8 spider curl
3x8 t-bar row
3x8 each arm concentration curl
and if i still have the energy
3x8 dumbbell row for each side
3x8 incline bench curl

Push
5x5 barbell bench (5x5 barbell military press, alternate)
3x8 barbell military press (3x8 barbell bench, alternate)
3x8 incline barbell press
3x8 cable tricep pushdown (superset with 3x15 dumbbell side raise)
3x8 cable overheard tricep (superset with 3x15 dumbbell side raise)
3x8 low-to-high cable fly
3x15 for each side, kettlebell side raise
3x8 landmine press
3x15 for each side, cable side raise
3x8 dumbbell press
3x15 seated dumbbell side raise
3x8 incline dumbbell press

Legs
5x5 squat
4x8 barbell hip thrust
3x8 leg pres
3x15 calves
3x8 hip adduction machine
3x8 bulgarian split squat
3x8 for each leg, lunges
3x8 for each side, cable kickback
3x8 cable pull through

also included in every day are abs
3x8 hanging leg raise
3x8 cable curl
3x8 decline weighted situp

forgot weight, 160 now, 180 before.

is it odd if i squat and DL the same amount?

probably either psychological or your muscles cooled down and couldn't exert as much force as they could when 100%. have you tried stretching briefly before sets, or doing some shoulder prehab/warm up drills?

2 sets, rest 10-20 mins, last 2 sets. if that's still hard, 2 sets then 15 minutes then third set with another 5ish mins before set 4

it most likely means youre squatting during deadlift
ask some big guy at gym to check your form i guess

This may be a retarded question but do I warm up before every exercise or just at the very beginnend?

nice dubs
i only warm up before the initial exercise, and that seems to be the norm
warming up before every exercise would make your workout way too long
also your would have already been warmed up by your earlier sets so no need to warm up for your later sets?

it depends what you mean by warm up. i definitely do a longer warm up on my first lifts, but i always ramp up to my working sets.
for example, when i'm squatting i start with an empty bar and add 5-10lbs after every 4-5 reps until i'm within ~25lbs of my working weight, then i make that jump at once. but after that when i deadlift, i'll do a set at 1pl8 and another set halfway between 1pl8 and my working w8.

senpai pls, is this too much volume?
or just follow my body, see how i feel, and cut or add exercises accordingly?

>4x8 narrow grip ez bar curl
>4x8 hammer curl
>3x8 wide grip cable curl
>3x8 each arm cable curl
>3x8 spider curl
>3x8 each arm concentration curl
>3x8 incline bench curl

Honestly this is the worst troll post of 2017 I saw u posting this same shitlist on some other thread 2 days ago

Thanks man. According to my scale I'm already at 15,7% or something.
Although I'm not sure if that is correct.

At the start of my workout I do elliptical / bike / some shit for 5-10 minutes, then take a wooden stick and do mobility stretches with it, spin arms, basically do mobility/elastic stretching for another 10 minutes and then move into the exercises.

If I have bench first for example, I'd probably do lat pull down 1x20 reps with light weight to warm my back up even more, then just jump on the bench and do around 10 reps with the bar while focusing really hard on the ROM.

Work up by adding 10kgs plates to the ends untill you get closer to your working sets. I like to leave a bit bigger gap between my last warmup and work set, and do some more arm spinning or light shit for a minute or two, then load work load and do them.

After Ive done that just deload, and see whats next. If doing push and it would be like ohp db shit, just do one light set of 10 reps for the sake of the ROM. Then go for the set.

Hope this helps you

O right, elastic stretches basically mean you only go to the end of the stretch, and immediately return. No hold. You can hold for a max of 0-2s at the beginning if you ask me.

At the end of the workout, do static stretches. Those are 5+s and actually stretch the muscle. Dont want to do these before, they ruin the elasticity of the muscle and you get less out of your workout; you feel tired more easily.

Never stretch a pumped muscle, it is already at its max mobility and you can only hurt it by doing so. Wait till the biggest pump cools down and then go for the static ones.

If it's a basic electrical current based bf calculator then it's probably pretty off.

Is 531 supposed to be generally be low reps? The app is telling me to hit like 15 reps of some shit for my amrap and I feel like I'd be better off if I put on more weight and shit for like, 10 at the most.

Yeah that's what I thought. How would you recommend I calculate it myself?

you look like you have good genetics, so doing TM for squats is fine probably.
i'd do something else for the other lifts though.
take a look at nuckols 28 free program.

Calipers? Not sure. I don't track my bf%

Any advice for activating/using particular muscles?

Many form resources mention things such as tightening glutes, pulling with elbows, pushing through ground on bench, etc, but I find it difficult to form these mind-muscle connections and use the appropriate muscles.
Any training that can help alleviate this problem?

which muscles?

Lats, any shoulder/chest based muscles, hamstrings.

meant for

Just started lifting not long ago. Did deadlifts the other day. My obliques and erector spinae are really sore. (I think the obliques might be from the weighted side bends I also did though). Don't really feel anything in my hamstrings. Is it supposed to be like this or am I doing something wrong?

I'm stalling at 3pl8 for deadlift due to grip strength. my deadlift is already way stronger than my other lifts, so should I just deload and improve my grip strength or buy some chalk?

A lot of articles online regarding lean bulking say to eat at maintenance on rest days and at 200-300 kcal surplus on training days. Is this the most optimal to do?

I was entering the intermediate levels but i stopped lifting. It's been 2 years since i lifted, want to go back. Do you recomend PHUL?

lats: straight arm pulldown
youtu.be/uq3OjmKeL44?t=44
(you can use a bar too)

shoulder, front delt: dumbell front raises
shoulder, lateral delt: dumbell lateral raises (bend forward slightly, hold at parallel, use a little momentum)

hamstrings:
RDL or good morning (keep back straight, 45deg bend in knees, initiate by bending at knees and hips, then stop knees at 45deg and keep bending hips until you feel a nice stretch in hamstrings).

always use chalk.
also do hookgrip.
if you still fail, use straps.
improve grip strength by doing a set with lower weight and double overhand grip after your work sets and hold it for time.

How do I know if I'm fucking up my joints, and is there any way to prevent doing do besides good form?

No.
To decrease chances of injury, start with a fullbody 2-3 times a week with medium reps and medium sets (e.g. 3x5), just the basic compounds (squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press, pull-up, row).
Start at low weights, and increase them substantially.
After 2-3 weeks of this, switch to whatever other routine you want.

When they're achey or painful.
Doing stressful lifts more than twice a week will increase load on passive structures and will increase chances of them not fully recovering.

Do a "towel bench" aka "board bench." You can ghetto this by taking a pool noodle and cutting off a 12-18'' section and stuffing it in your shirt, lower the bar to it then explode upwards. Use the regular noodle for about 2'' off the range of motion and use the monster noodle for about 4.5'' off the range of motion.

later in Practical Programming there is a Texas Method for Powerlifting that bench presses more often then the regular version. buy or pirate the book.

Starting lifting again tomorow after 5 years abstinence. Which program should i follow to start?

when do I call an ambulance for fast heart rate?

When you say achey or painful, do you mean immediately after the lift or like the next day?

how long is it going and how fast?

Is that a fuckin Rip-It I spy with my little eye? Those are some military grade sips boy.

been awhile it seems fast but it's only like 100 per minute

I just feel like shit / about to die for a couple hours now

Was it going faster before? Do you have to pee often?
Roids or anything related?

GOAT pre- and during-workout drink, homes. Even better than Mountain Dew.

on test and dbol

took some caffeine and yohimbe earlier tho

either

any beginner linear progression

On a personal note: Why the fuck do you want fuck up your system that bad user?

cut the dbol and continue with test if you don't want to fuck up your liver and for gods sake stay off of caffeine and all that other shit.

Also call an ambulance when your heartrate stays above 110-120 for at least an hour. In your case i would go either way and let them check your blood

Yohimbe and caffeine will surely do that, you dont need those at all if youre on roids. Drop them. Dont know about roids at all so I wont comment on those.

whats the best food to eat before leaving to a night of drinking tequila shots? Had chicken and broccoli 2 hours ago but I'll only go out in 3 hours from now and I want to munch on something

Carbs bloat your body but they also slow down the effects of alcohol.

Then again I think martin berkham (leangains dude) mentioned in one of his articles that eating plenty of protein while drinking and before that reduces muscle loss.

tldr RICE AND CHICKEN BRU

Guess I'll bring a tupperware with chicken and rice alongside my bottle of tequila kek

I can handle 5-6 shots, wonder what happens next if I do more.
I just know that I'm all fine until out of the blue shit hits me, I'm aware but kinda funny

Just dont drink it all while sitting, stand up more often to see how drunk you are.

Arent you niggers gonna order any pizza or some shit? What the fuck.

>Arent you niggers gonna order any pizza or some shit? What the fuck.

im out clubbing with some girls but ill hammer down a bottle of tequila with them first

I'm using my fitness pal and i love it, except there's ashitton of ads. Anyone have an apk for no ads?

Also i need fiber in my diet, what should i eat

>i need fiber

veggies like broccoli
fruits
oats

Anything else that taste decent? Not have on veggies tqh famalam