dead inside

on all levels except physical he is a 4pl8 lifter who doesnt count the bar

Work on accessories, dips, flys and incline db press are the tits

Why do you even need to bench? Probs the most overrated lift ever

>gain weight eat 2x protein
>bench AT LEAST 2X a week
>scapula retraction is god tier, helped me immensely
if you follow all these and are plateauing at 50kg you need your test checked

lol no point, u dont need accesory work until u can bench 1 plate this guy just needs to fucking wait and keep training consistently and progressively overload in other ways

this, accessory meme lifts are the worst thing to suggest to beginners who are plateauing at babby weight. If anything just bench more often. The earliest an adult male should be thinking about that stuff is once he's putting up 80kg or so

lol what, I dont even bench 1pl8 (super skelly been lifting for 3 months) and I need accessories, flat bench alone was giving me such slow progress

you're not doing it right then. beginners work load capacity is so low they don't need much more than bench. Accessories won't speed up your bench to any meaningful degree at that point unless you're not doing enough sets to begin with

Lmao ok, i'll keep doing it my way, its working pretty well for me so far :^)

I legit dont believe this is possible.

are we really talking about benching 50kg or is this some new meme

>not even at 1 pl8 after 3 months
>it's working pretty well DUDE!!
alri spastic

keep pushing on
keep trying to put more weight on
it doesnt have to be perfect form
im not trying to undercut the importance of form but some people put too much emphasis on form
especially since youre moving baby weight, i would think the potential of injury from loose form wouldnt be that high (i could very well be wrong, if i am, please tell me so)

i remember grinding out 135 before with less than ideal form (at least my shoulders were retracted and butt stayed on the bench)

now 135 is my warmup

dont listen to these faggots
as long as youre actually pushing yourself, and you are trying to move more weight, progress will come
how fast or how slow is determined by a variety of factors, but is essentially individualistic

unless youre trying to compete or become a pro, then disregard all i said and prob get a "couch"

yeah because I was skelly as fuck when I first started, see if you could read properly then you would have seen that ;)

I started off as a 130lb 6'1 skelly so I had the same issue OP, it took me about 7 months to hit 60kg bench for some reps.

Just keep at it, keep bulking, deload if you have to, maybe switch to dumbbells for some time, yeah cunts will make fun of you on Veeky Forums but IRL nobody cares, everybody starts somewhere.

As others have said, just work on your bench, some accessory work might help but not really, strengthening your triceps will increase your stability when benching so don't forget about those triceps.

Make sure you are eating enough as well, most skeletons tend to have the problem of not eating enough and wondering why they ain't getting stronger.

Yeah I'm having a hard time improving my bench, I'm just pushing 35+5lbs rn

I agree with everything you said except the injury part, I injured my shoulder twice (2 years apart) benching 115 lbs, to the point that the doctor recommended surgery the second time.

The only problem was that I was sticking my elbows out too much, kept them at probably 15 degrees.

I thinks its because my wrists and hands are too small skinny, my whole body is klinefelter tier and after 1 year of training i don't think there is any other explanation

What are your stats, including height and weight? Post a picure if you can.
Also how many calories do you eat a day?

doesn't matter my man, skellies can reach 60kg in 3 months
don't reply to me ever again BITCH

im sorry to hear that user, and thank you for correcting me
i will stop saying that from now on (the injury part)

yeah this happened to me to a much lesser degree when I was 16. Was benching 135lb with atrocious form, shoulders aren't too good today and I had to be careful for a while (I'm 19 now). Admittedly I also wrenched my shoulder doing shoulder press when a dumbbell fell backwards but the bench didnt help either

kek alright tough guy

>he replied
listen son your jaw will be fairydust if you keep this up

>bench 85kg 3x5 couple weeks ago. felt easy. Even got 6 reps on last set
>next week try 87.5
>3 reps
>try 85kg again week after
>first set 5 reps, second set 4 reps, 3rd set 2 reps

>mrw

happened to me too, not just on bench
Probably circumstantial

Kek.

183 cm
75-78kg

pic form last year

right now i look little better but still, unfortunately i don't count calories just eat reasonable healthy food

fucking hell are you me. Literally almost identical numbers. This has happened to me a few times, makes me enraged every time.

>unfortunately i don't count calories just eat reasonable healthy food

And yet you wonder why you are weak as shit.

You lift like a bitch, and you dont eat to promote an anabolic environment for your body. Stay weak and small.

is this with or without barbell weight?

the only difference i see is your tits being more perkier on right

You're not that skinny, you look like you should be able to bench that much.

Try counting calories and making sure you are getting enough carbs and proteins, maybe bulk up a bit.

I heard some guys would take a break from benching and do a shitload of pushups for a few weeks, then come back and bust through plateaus, might be worth a try.

what the fuck mate you're only a few kg lighter than me and same height. I thought you were going to be like 60kg. In that case this is pretty bizarre, i can only assume you aren't getting enough protein

>maybe bulk up a bit.
>I heard some guys would take a break from benching and do a shitload of pushups for a few weeks, then come back and bust through plateaus, might be worth a try.

How new are you to lifting?

If it makes you feel any better I can't even do 12 reps of 10 plate

What's wrong with what I said?

get test checked by a doc ASAP

The terminology you're using is that of someone who just fucking started lifting, normie tier.

What are your lifts?

what age are you? If you're underage no big deal, if you're actually 18 or above get checked

I have a problem where i lift with my over developed triceps and when the weight actually gets too heavy for my triceps my weak chest cant help.

>everyone has to use my super secret Veeky Forums language
fuck off

Is there any issue with the advice I gave or do you just don't like how I worded it?

if you're eating enough protein, and lifting with intensity, and you look like that still, and are that weak, then I wouldn't be surprised if you have low test. The lack of body hair, shit gains and strength, would suggest so. Are you chronically tired?

No you fuck off, there is no "secret language" you or just word shit like my goddamn mom would and you sound generally clueless.

>bulk up

my fucking sides. What are your lifts again?

Yea, pushups is not bench pressing. Benching makes you better at benching, pushups should be used for recovery if you tear a pec, dont go to the gym at all or on rest days. Why the fuck would a serious lifter quit doing one of the main lifts to do some fucking pushups? For SEVERAL weeks?

>if you're eating enough protein, and lifting with intensity

He isnt.

I lift more than 2 plates for reps, but I still have no idea what this scapula retraction is. I also lay super flat on a bench, while I heard you're supposed to be arching a bit. I wonder if this is gonna fuck me up.

not the guy, but you're fucking autistic if you take such issue with something so minor. To defend his point, this guy isn't a "serious lifter" at 50kg bench. maybe getting used to pushups would help
t.been on Veeky Forums for a good few years

scapula retraction supposedly helps to mitigate or prevent shoulder injury
as does including an arch in your back
but im just parroting stuff ive heard/read about/seen from research
i personally dont know the anatomy and science behind it

It probably won't fuck you up you just won't be able to lift as much as you could. If you improve your form by retracting your scapula, arching a bit and getting some leg drive your bench will definitely increase.

I agree this is the most likely explanation, never the less guys with low as fuck T do exist and considering he has tits and no body hair at 22 it's a possibility

No, i don't think proteins are that big of a problem i eat 3-4 times a day its not like i don't eat at all, its 1 year of damn lifting with such a shitty results. Everyone could do better in 1 month of training.

but mentally? spiritually?

yeah but how much protein are you getting? If it's not 120g+ daily you need more

Why are you getting so emotional over how somebody worded something? Jesus man calm down.

That is not my issue, but you being a newfag that started "lifting" for the sole purpose of not looking pathetic for summer is pissing me off.

Its gonna fail regardless, becuase you are incompetent and a few weeks isnt enough time.

Keep being mad buddy, I've been lifting for almost 2 years. You legit have some issues.

youtube.com/watch?v=B9YHEq
rBIek&t=96s
youtube.com/watch?v=EapVkFWiq_g

Watch this. Some people are not born to be great at bench. This is not supposed to be an excuse, but whether you have a big ribcage or not is not up training hard or eating a lot. There's a reason every elite level olympic weightlifter has short femurs and every world class power lifter has a barrel chest. You can participate, but there are more factors that go into the equation than just eating a lot and training hard. We have to take into account biomechanical realities, and people are built differently. Shallow vs deep hip socket, how muscles attach to tendons. It is not without reason that people training in the same team for decades have different bodies, display varying levels of athleticism and coordination. Ability to recover from stress, lung capacity, limb proportions all affect your performance. Working hard is a given, but at some point people with advantageous physical traits will perform better than those who dont exhibit those traits.
Watch this channel, the guy is very knowledgeable and gives some highly interesting perspectives on goals, training, and the biomechanical realities.

example

eggs, oats or sandwich for breakfast
mostly meat with something for lunch
eggs, oats, sandwich or lunch leftovers for dinner
bananas in between

don't now how much is that proteins

>Cannot feel the push from back
>Cannot feel the leg drive

I could probably physically lift 50kg, but mentally my body just does not feel the bench.

But we're talking about 50kg here. Anyone can bench more than that, even women. Sure you need to have good genetics and anatomy to get past 3pl8 but not 50kg.

Bruh what the fuck, I helped my mid-fifties step-mother with her fitness routine and she was benching 1pl8 within 2 months from starting at 30kg.

nice

you guys are retarded

I think what he was saying was that the guy is disadvantaged, so it would take him longer than average to bench over 50kg

Watch the video, you dont know how this guy looks. There is soo much that goes into the equation, its too easy to dismiss his problems based on preconceived notions of what arbitrary numbers he is supposed to bench as a man.

I am 5'8/135 and I am benching 72.5 kgs 3x5 evem though I've got long and thin wrist as well as small hands. I OHP 51 3x5 though. Try to do push-ups/dips to develope triceps/chest strength more.

135 lbs that is, 61.5 kgs in proper metric system.

>to do some fucking pushups

Fucking really? Man you free weight cucks never cease to amaze me with every new word you spew.

I can do 50kg for 5+ reps easily but my bench has hit a plateau, I can't get to 60kg / 1pl8 and I'm stuck at the 50-60kg range for a month

I don't know what to blame really, I don't really eat that well and I don't get any protein whatsoever. Still though, I'm not disappointed. I only bench once per week, and I don't intend to become a monster. My final goals are 2pl8 bench, 3 pl8 deadlift, 2 pl8 squat and 1pl8 overhead press, and I'm currently midway through all of these

I am not a free weight guy, but I managed to develop decent chest/tricpes strength with pretty much just push-ups, so when I started to go to gym I've benched 50 kgs 3x5 no problem whilst weighting 54 kgs myself.

That's what I meant, that faggot I was quoting was denigrating pushups despite them being one of the best exercises for chest work.

Because she was jacking your dad off twice a day man, I aint got that kind of stength

>Bruh what the fuck, I helped my mid-fifties step-mother with her fitness routine and she was benching 1pl8 within 2 months from starting at 30kg.
>starting at 30kg
holy shit she must be tiny