How have you guys delt with depression? It's destroying me in confidence, self worth, lifting, and more

How have you guys delt with depression? It's destroying me in confidence, self worth, lifting, and more.

I know going to the gym helps, it does, but I find myself with no motivation nor strength even with a great pump up song. I end up feeling the same afterwards.

I've heard talking to people help, but nothing really comes from it.

Face pulls are great for fixing delt depression

Go to the doctor get antidepressants. Then over the next few months focus on everything else. For me nothing worked until I got on meds, but even on the meds I still had to pull my life together. This is especially pertinent if youve had the depression for a long time, you likely need medical assistance. Get some help buddy. We're all going to make it.

Hey I am in the same boat as you. I've been dealing with depression for a while and it has been hard to focus on anything and stay motivated. I am currently on medication and it helps quite a bit.

The hardest part about depression is not giving up, even though you want to crawl into bed and let the world pass by and not lift. Don't do that, the more that you do, the better you will feel.

I stayed away from anti depressants and went to a doctor and hopped on TRT. My test levels were high-average and he still prescribed me test c injections with anti estrogens. no depression issues anymore

my girlfriend just got diagnosed with kidney failure, lost all her gains, has to get dialysis and a kidney transplant.

not exactly sure what the fuck I'm supposed to do but thinking about high-tailing it because the future seems pretty bleak right now

>How have you guys delt with depression?
Fluoxetine.

Up to you user. No one could fault you for leaving as you should always look out for yourself first. On the other hand, you could be the one thing that helps hold her life together. Depends on how strongly your feels are for this girl.

Either way, its a shitty situation. My mom is dealing with kidney issues now and a transplant might be needed. It fuckin blows so I feel you.

Yeah man, you gotta keep pushing but for how long and is it even worth it? I'm debating going to a walk-in to talk about meds, it's been too long and nothing has been working.

Can you explain what TRT is and anti estrogen stuff? I'll ask the doctor about that.

Agree with this guy get help. I've had depression for years and the meds make me feel like I've done more in the last month than the last five years. I'm actually enjoying stuff and looking to improve my situation. Get help.

If stay a bit longer, you might be the only thing keeping her from falling off.

This guy gets it.

yeah i mean that keeps going through my head as well, and really the only thing holding on. Everytime I think about leaving it just makes me feel awful for her, and how badly I'd feel abandoning her. But at the same time, how am I supposed to sacrifice everything I have - all hope of a normal family life for this one person?

I just don't think we'd ever have a normal life even if she got the transplant and we'll be so limited in what we can do together.

I'm a gym autist and love hiking, traveling, and all that goes out the window now

meditate , try the headspace app

also, not the OP, but figured I'd share my story and give him some perspective. Life just shits on people for no good reason sometimes

underrated post

in the same boat here
I want to stay away from any meds that could actually affect my behavior
and getting motivation from the golden one only gets me so far
>inb4 golden one is a faggot
maybe, but he's inspirational as cheesy as he is

Pushing yourself over time will help you feel better because if you give into your emotions you will be come more and more depressed. I've been there.

Are you doing something besides the gym? A martial art or something?

I'm a Veeky Forums noob (count calories + bodyweight fitness) because I wanted to lose weight, but Muay Thai really helped me out of the depression.

When I'm punched in the face by a guy bigger or faster or younger than me, I freak out internally first, then I calm down, then I forget about the depression because some other guy is trying to kick my ass, then we hug at the end of the 3 minutes and it's manly but no homo, then I'm happy for some reason.

Also it helps at work for some other reason. You don't care anymore about all the morons who disturb you or ask you about their own jobs that they cannot do on their own, because you've been punched and kicked for 2 hours the previous evening, and you're hiding one or two bruises under a long-sleeved shirt like some kind of personal war treasure.

I don't know why but it makes me happy.

Yep. I don't want the meds messing me up, but I'd like to get tested on my testosterone and estrogen levels among other things.

I'm actually watching kick boxing videos on YouTube to start to do at my gym on the bag. I don't really do anything else, I work 9 hours and all I have time for is the gym in the evening.

user , you're in a fight club?

try phenibut, or just work on yourself and think about the future not the present

Love comes with some degree of sacrifice. Its just how much are you willing to do so. If you are determined to make it work, alter your routine. You can still hike, travel, and all that stuff. It just becomes harder and requires more effort and planning based on what she is able to do. You have to ask the hardest question anyone in your situation does of how much worth do you place on her company as a human and what exactly does being with her mean to you. You may lose a few of those things for a little while and perhaps some maybe even permanently. On the other hand, never underestimate modern medicine and the human will. You could lose nothing.

Of course, I'm just some fag on the internet so take everything I say with a grain of salt. Have a fap, get a little drunk, lift, whatever it takes to clear your head. Make your decision and try not to second guess yourself or it will eat you alive.

Story time. Friend of mine was dating a girl who had cancer and the prognosis wasn't really the best. So he separated from her and straight up told her he couldn't invest so much in someone under the assumption she might be dead in a year or two. They spent 4 months apart before he asked her back out and they got married two years ago and are one of the most legitimately happy couples I've ever seen. Anything is possible friendo.

Saw a psychologist because of my family, she figured out in 5 minutes that I'm depressed because I let myself become depressed, worthless, and miserable to fuel myself at the gym, because I have nothing else to work for and nothing else can motivate me right now. She said my fear of losing what I gained causes a circle of me lifting to feel better about myself and making myself more miserable so I can keep lifting.

Antidepressants fucked me up worse.

The only thing that really helps me is getting a new job, having money to improve myself with, and moving on to a new one when the honeymoon phase ends.

When you start hitting a rut, pull out an recompile. Having friends to talk about stuff with really helps a lot as well, and maintaining that relationship through the shit times.

T.struggling with depression whole life

Fix inside
>Meditation
>Life goal
>Hobbies
>Remove excess stress in you life

Yeah she doesn't know what she's talking about

Fucking hell it's a kidney transplant it's not like she's gonna be crippled for life, you won't even need to do anything you stupid autistmo. Once she gets the new kidney she will have a normal life again, maybe after a little while of adaptation.

I have been feeling depressed for some months now, but I think it's because my dog died of cancer two years ago and I can't get over it. I guess time will heal the wound, probably.