Wholebody routine 3x per week

>wholebody routine 3x per week
>diet of %60 carb, 20% protein, 20% fat
>Never more than 1 month away from contest shape
>One of the most highly regarded physiques and one of the most legendary bodybuilders ever

Did the opposite of what lifters do today yet fucking look at his magnificence. How much are we getting wrong? How do we even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7817189
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no roids, so he actually had to do stuff that works and was based in athletic performance.

As much as I admire Steve Reeves, but training three times a week seems to less.
I mean, you train every body part of yours one time in the week, if I would do that, I would be still a dyel, 4 times a week were I hit every muscle group directly two times a week was the best decision I made, I did 3 times a week for almost 2 years and grew very slowly and stuck at 90 kg bench for almost an entire year. So it didn't worked for me.

He looks small though

seriously?
wtf is wrong with you guys

What's his routine

Maybe I'm confused but on full body you every muscle group every time you go into the gym (3x weekly) not once

It is for today's bodybuilding standards, still pretty aesthetic

from his book

slow negatives, don't pause at the top or bottom but don't use momentum either

short breaks (45 seconds between sets, 2 minutes between exercises)

didn't care too much about exercise selection but cared about order

he would save legs for last so he didn't tire himself out before his other exercises, always used this order in his workouts

delts > chest > lats > biceps&triceps > legs > core

>Compete in an era where you don't have to be inhumanly large to even get on stage, let alone win
>Have god-tier genetics, so the fact that most everyone is clueless on how shit works is actually in your favor because the competition boils down 99% to raw genetic talent anyway

Simple as that, user. Most bodybuilders from that era look like dogshit; trying to learn from their primitive understanding of diet/training just because it happened to work out for one freak out of a thousand is stupid.

Ah, now I get it. But I thought it is a bad Idea to train back and legs on the same day and then even chest and arms? Everything in one day?

why 1x20 squats?

I read an old bodybuilding book that recommended the same, pre-steroid era bb'ers were all about 1x20 I guess.

Tbh it might just be broscience, but the conventional wisdom in the older days was that legs need higher reps to grow.
There might actually be some truth to it since they are bigger muscles and take more to fill with blood, and we know now that metabolic stress is a key driver of hypertrophy.

Arnold also swore by it. 20 reps for squats was pretty much the norm

Thanks, I'm going to try this routine 1xF with very light weight to ease into it

you got it backwards. in the era where everyone uses the same 5-day brosplit, it's all about genetics. Back then when there was a lot of misinformation and different ways to train, only the people that got it right actually looked good

Afaik Reeves did a 5x5 when he started and also did early steroids (he was m8s with the guy that developed DBol iirc).

Does everyone do brosplits nowadays? Am I pleb for doing ppl for 3 years?

only normies, and it's garbo so dont worry about it.

t. upper/lower patrish

I meant that pro bodybuilders these days all use brosplits. No h8 on ppl

Brosplits are for bodybuilders. The reason a brosplit is the way to go as BB, is that it lets you work every single muscle in a muscle group from multiple angles. Thats why BB look better than SS/PPL functional strength fatties.

G
E
N
E
T
I
C
S

30 lbs of muscle in 4 months isn't possible though....this all seems impossible what am i missing??

>S T E R O I D S
>S
>T
>E
>R
>O
>I
>D
>S

ok yeah thats what i thought some dipshit in the first post said no roids idk why i believed that

>no roids

fucking retard

It's pretty good but focus on compounds and have some isolations as assistance.

Ikr? to think that this drug addict was natty you gotta be brain dead.

Dumb fuck steroids didn't exist at that time.

when steve was say........24, it would have been 1950, roids definitely existed then m8.

He was 26 y/o when dbol was FDA approved. Test was used for a decade leading up to that. I doubt he was natty.

> So began an era of increasingly sophisticated hormonal treatments that led to the synthesis in 1935 of testosterone, the primary male hormone produced by the testicles. Since then, Testosterone and its primary derivatives, the anabolic-androgenic steroids, have led a curious double life. Since the 1940s countless eliteathletes and bodybuilders have taken these drugs to increase muscle mass and to intensify training regimens.

>Steve Reeves became mr america in 1947
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7817189

You're welcome, nigger.

first of all, you're autistic

second of all, what's your definition of "big?"

thirdly, if this is "small" then that's what I want to be