/plg/

Power lifting, generally

Wish me luck on my bench amrap tomorrow lads, going for 12

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good luck user.

Also you guys should probably clean your at least your kitchen before you go to bed tonight. You and I both know you need it.

At how low of a bodyweight is a 100kg bench not complete dog shit. Is it ok at 70kg?

its never not shit

Ok how much do I have to bench to not have a shit bench at 74kg?

If you're a girl, it's not a terrible bench at 70kg.

140kg

rrrrREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ok I'm working on it. I'm just gonna go for 145kg to get that 3pl8

>started out skinny 45kg 5x5 bench
>2pl8 was like a mythical achievement even through I knew about powerlifting and that it was also shit
>kept lifting and gained weight, can rep it for sets now
>I'm objectively infinitely better looking, stronger, more confident, a completely transformed version of myself
>still a garbage GDE through and through

stop being negative

dont get down about a 2pl8 bench faggot and dont bitch about being a gde its just a bullshit excuse for thinking you should be progressing faster than you are and not being one of the complete genetic freaks you compare yourself to that have been training for a decade

Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?

why are anons so unoriginal?

why does my right wrist hurt when i bench?

maybe youre doing something weird with it

How to prevent bar slide, my last squat and bench sessions have been hampered by the barbell sliding down my back from sweat on squats and from my hands gradually sliding outward until I lose my comfort zone on bench grip width, any tips on preventing this without having to use chalk on my back/hands/bar for these lifts it seems excessive given how weak I am (pic related)

i use liquid chalk for literally everything

i grip my bench wide with a wide hand and everything and it locks it in really well instead of being slippery and sweaty as fuck like it would be without the chalk

no reason not to tbqh

Chalk isn't something you decide to use when you get to an arbitrary level of strength, it;s something you use when sweaty hands are getting in the way of you becoming stronger.

Chalk is something you should be using for at least every working, and the last warm up set, of every goddamn pull you do. Deadlifts, their variations, cleans, snatches, and so on.

>4'11
>insulin
>natty
>4'10
>crippled

>the last warm up set, of every goddamn pull you do

>Using chalk for a warmup set

Yes, be sure to keep it in your bag alongside your squat bar pad, and lifting gloves.

>Lifting such babbyweight that your last warm up doesn't require chalk

Or maybe you just don't live in buttfucking Kentucky and aren't sweating between March and November just for existing.

Waste of chalk, man; you're being a huge fuckin puss, but you do you.

who gives a fuck you just buy some more chalk and your sets go better are you that poor and weak?

are you all dead

Cuckols has me doing front squats every second squat session but front squats are the fucking worst thing in the world, would I be doing myself too much damage if I just did high bar squats or pause squats or something with 10% more instead of front squats or are they essential?

>Visiting relatives, won't be able to go to a gym for 5 days

What do

>be female
>insert self into sub-culture
>do minimum amount of work required to maintain appearance
>extract resources from social media/streaming

Why do women ruin everything with their ruthless attention seeking?

>At gym the other day
>These two girls are doing machine circuits and shit like that
>Literally every single exercise one of them is working a machine while the other snap chats it
>Every aspect of their shitty workout is documented, usually on both phones

I almost sperged out from just their presence

not sure what someone's natty status has to do with powerlifters not being fat and ugly?

none of these men are natty

stop kidding yourselves

goddamn insulini is a handsome dude
no homo

So is the idea with sheiko is that it's made for pre-competition cycles so that your numbers peak in time for the competition? If so, does it make sense to do it when you're not competing? Can you use it to make your lifts go up in a sustainable way?

yeah cause chalk isn't pennies per block

why be elitist over this, if you need chalk then use it, don't keep lifting a slippy bar this is basic shit jesus christ

using high bar is fine, he says its ok to swap them out if you can't do fronts.

would also like to see this answered

how did you guys find nuckols 3x int med bench?

where is everyone

I'm currently lifting before work. Frig off and go find something better to do.

no

If you're too lazy to learn how to front squat, then you'll never make it out of intermediate.

They're not necessary, but learning an athletic movement is pretty important to lifting.

>Waste of chalk
I ordered 2 pounds of chalk 5 years ago for less than $5. I've used about 10% of it.

Who is worried about wasting chalk? LMAO

I feel like shit when I'm not cutting. Bulking makes me feel sick and disgusting.

Don't bulk then. You just trying to impress your fellow can skinning forum friends? Lol.

Fuck off and learn some respect. NOBODY speaks to me like that. FUCK OFF.

>NOBODY
>me
Pick 2.

Holy shit. This turned into an autistic cluster fuck rather quick.

The dude who said "your a pussy but you do you." Fucking phenomenal.

Sounds like your insecurity is leading you to compare yourself to women.

Women are children with very different motivations and social drives than men. So stop thinking like a jealous woman, unless you're looking to transition.

>just LB squatted 175kg about 2 inches below parallel for an easy triple
>140kg deadlift didn't move a millimetre from the ground after 3 attempts
i want to know why.

It's never bothered me not using it. Hell I've even lifted with moisturizer on and been fine.

>client I'm coaching set to make PRs across the board (likely +10/+5/+12.5) in his upcoming meet and his peak isn't even over yet
feels good mang

quarter squats

you put someone on sheiko or something and get paid?

Can anyone help with an early intermediate TM program focused on powerlifting? I'm coming from SS.
It would have to follow the 4-day split of TM and follow this style:-

Mon
Press (?) Intens
Bench Volume
Chinup (or w/e other pull)

Tue
Deadlift 1x5
Squat Volume (it's OK if squat is second exercise tho? shouldnt it always be first?)
Curls?

Thu
Bench Intens
Press Volume
Chinup (or w/e other pull)

Fri
Squat Intens
RDL 5x5

Probably for PL, bench should be focused more and have more volume than being equal to the press. I'll wait for your comments.
Thanks a lot !

did you read my post bro?

No, I make programs based on JTS principles. I don't just copypaste the templates in the strength block/peaking block videos, nor do I use RP templates for hypertrophy phases.

I'm not jew enough to ask money for something and not put in the work.

yeah i wanna see to u squat almost 4pl8 and then not have the strength to deadlift 3

dude if i knew the reason i'd be trying my best to fix it. i think its possibly by short femurs and weirdly long lower legs but i honestly don't know at this point, it's not increased in over a year

post vids of squat and deadlift form

I think this guy's DL form sucks. simple as that.

user, why doesn't don't you just learn to heart the 5-step DL from Rippetoe?

i've broken my form down before but i suppose it must be fundamentally wrong in some way i've not noticed before

i don't have any, plus my garage is shaped such that i can't film my deadlifts side on. i usually film all my squat sets but i lost my phone after fuggin this girl last week and haven't got a new one since

Any recommendations on switching from wl shoes to flats when squatting? Should I go for a wider stance?

change one thing at a time

Are rack pulls (above knee) an upper or lower day exercise?

id do them purely as an upper back exercise, after your main sets, so do them on either

be mindful not to just drag it up your thighs, see that a lot with rack pulls

some dudebro in my gym just took off his tanktop, revealing a stringer underneath
what's the point? if you're gonna wear something light and sleeveless, why have an identical layer over that one? just wear a tshirt or sweater over the stringer ffs

Yeah I'm looking for some upper back size and strength, my lower body is doing fine for now.
I'm doing 5/3/1, UxLxULx, so I was thinking of doing them on the first L day which is squat, then my upper back would be fresh for diddly on the next lower day.

>be mindful not to just drag it up your thighs, see that a lot with rack pulls
What do you mean? I've only tried them like twice but I think I did that.

I use chalk the moment I walk into the gym

if you have sweaty hands you'll understand

>inb4 he lifts in a commercial gym where hes not allowed to use chalk so he copes by pretending not using is manly

useless exercise that got hyped up by some goofball on youtube tb h

Especially because his "rack pull" is more like a "weighted trap stretch knee extension". His position is completely different from where his deadlift angles would be in the final part of the ROM. It has almost 0 carryover.

also whats more retarded is that it puts retarded about of stress on your spine and joints

>tfw wasted two months on Sheiko and made virtually 0 gains

try trying next time

I did (almost all) the programmed lifts, including chest flies
What else was I supposed to try to do

hit prs??

what program did you do ? you probably need a higher volume one depending on your level

also eat more, sleep more

Can I make progress on my main lifts if I do 5/3/1 with FSL and jokers but whatever I want for assistance?
I'm getting kinda burnt out of doing the same old same old and I want to have some fun and try different shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

yes no problem

how tall is williams again

5'11 apparently

>5'11
>somehow weighs over 400lbs

there was a strongman at the arnold that was 5'8 @ ~400

link

Dimitar Savatinov

"strong"man

HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA

he could probably snatch more that you panzy

HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA

Was filling out a medical thing for my job the questions were
>have you had depression in the last 12 months?
>have you had lower back pain in the past 12 months?

>ticked no

how strong is this dude compared to eddie hall a quick google search didnt give me much info

He's lower middle of the pack in the Arnold. Bretty stronk.

reminder to do only compound movements to get strong

I hope you fucking realise that's Wamuu from JoJos Bizarre adventure not a fucking persian you pond beetle.

Why would I realize that? It's a fucking cartoon, I don't watch cartoons

does anyone have that chart of the relation between percentage of max and the maximum repititions accordingly

You must have some really fucked up Deadlift mechanics m8

unless you want to get really strong, then you should do lots of compounds and do some body building stuff on the side and once in while do some strongman stuff

then you'll be truly strong