3x10 Curls
3x10 triceps extensions

Solid or what? Pls rate

TM is pretty sweet.

Also pretty simple.

maybe up the rep range on SLDL, 2-3x8-10 or something

highly don't recommend alternating bench and OHP if you want any gains

Madcow or Texas Method?

Madcow 5x5 got to little volum. They count warm up set as 5x5, but it's really just 1x5 as working set. Texas Method actually have 5x5.

>Texas method newfag here
how should i program accessories and cardio into TM?

Agree on sldl
What about this with some light bw dips monday and friday for some chest gains?

Tips on modifications to help deadlift? It's going absolutely nowhere. Got deficit deadlifts for 2x5 on Monday & 1x3 topset on Friday.

Newfag here, when it says alternating bench and OHP, what does that mean exactly?

Volume:

Friday: Bench 5x5
OHP 3x5
Pull Ups 3x8

Saturday: Squat 5x5
BB Rows 3x5
Weighted Dips 3x10
Hammer Curls 3x12
Planks

Intensity:

Monday: Bench 1x5
OHP 3x5
Chin Ups 3x8

Tuesday: Squat 1x5
Deadlift 1x5
Weighted Dips 3x10
Preacher Curls 3x10
Planks

Posted in another thread but would appreciate some input on my 4-day template, thanks lads.

Week 1: Overhead press two times, bench one. As follows: Day 1 & Day 3: Overhead Press. Day 2: Bench
Week 2: Bench two times, overhead press one. As follows: Day 1 & Day 3: Bench. Day 2: Overhead Press
Rinse and repeat.

ah, thanks, and why would that be bad for gains?

w-wait, the beginner program I've been doing (4 months) does exactly that. does it mean I got memed?

It's not, I don't really know why people would say that. It's not exactly 100% effective if you're looking to say only raise one of the two lifts, but for gains in general it's a great way to go with a 3x a week lifting schedule.

no you didnt get memed the guy you are replying to is just clueless

I'm starting to hate power cleans. What can I substitute them with.

a pair of balls

tell me about that... i am literally only one doing them in my gym... looking like autist

Anyone ever run TM on a cut? If not what's a better program?

Texas Method is "bad for gains" or "not good for bench" is usually said by wannabe powerlifters, because bench pressing only 3 times every two weeks is not ideal for their training. what they miss is, that later in Practical Programming he lays out versions that DO bench press more often and ARE designed for powerlifters, but nobody seems to read the fucking book, they all go after the meme stuff on the internet as if it were the entire program.

Page 163 of the PDF has a 3-day full-body version that benches heavy twice a week in a 3-week cycle.

Page 165 of the PDF has a 3-day full-body version that benches twice a week using "max effort" work.

Page 170 of the PDF has yet another 3-day full-body version that benches twice a week and even shows how to run it through a 12-week cycle.

Page 182 of the PDF has a split version that benches heavy twice a week and uses "dynamic effort" sets over two 3-week phases.

That's just a few of them.

if you want pressing gains in a program that already has low pressing volume, you should not alternate bench with OHP

OHP is inherently lower stress

the best solution is to swap out the garbage pressing in TM for something else entirely

Squat 5x5
Bench/OHP 5x5
DL 1x5

Squat 2x5
OHP/Bench 3x5
Chins 3xF
Decline Sit Ups 3x15

Squat 1x5
Bench/OHP 1x5
Barbell row 1x5
Strict curl 1x5