/fit assertiveness

Hey fit, any current/former police or military able to tell me how they train you to be so confident?
I'm talking about going from cant look a girl in the eye to walking over to someone and saying "I suspect you have drugs in that bag, open it up now"
I know a lot is fake it til you make it but is there something else they do like scream at you until it doesn't phase you anymore?
Thanks in advance

I just roided a month in and it changed me forever. Now i care less about shooting shit

just talk to them like you would a guy.

In both careers you get in so many uncomfortable situations that you kinda become desensitized.

Thats good but I want to stay natty
it's not just girls, I might as well greentext what started this.
>Mum buys lip gloss from shops that was at >the wrong price
>I go in and ask the cashier to return it- have receipt and its not used
>she send me to other end of shop for return
>they tell me that they don't accept returns for that item
>go back to cashier and ask how long they havent returned those items
>2 years
>I ask her if they was any point to me going all that way
>fobs me off so i go outside
>Dad goes in and 10 minutes later comes out with the money.
>just be more assertive user.

Yeah when you have to put cuffs on 5 niggas that weigh more than cee lo green, you're gonna wanna juice

yeah, but does that give you the mental 'I can do this"?
So I should just do embarrassing/ risky stuff until it becomes normal?

Maybe not risky or embarrassing but something out of your comfort zone.

ok will do, thanks,
>5 winks at random girls
>2 short questions with complete strangers
per day
should be ok to start with right?

Sounds like a good start. Have fun, mate!

yeah, thanks I'll do my best

Well you just didnt explain what happened.. You see they thought you want to return it but what happened is you payed the wrong price. By the way dont get sucked into this macho bullshit attitude. I bet you are a nicer person and more pleasent to be around than your dad. I understand why you wabt to learn it as a skill but dont let it dictate who you are. Keep it as an on off switch

Well I/mum did want to return it because of the price $20 down to $13 and was in an even cheaper rack. I said that and I had only just brought it.
Dads pretty nice, he's one of the quiet ones that has a switch. I know he didn't insult them and he didn't yell at them he was just 'that's wrong, please do it right'
I'm not looking for macho exactly but rather confidence.
And yeah I'll only use it as a switch myself, it's mainly me wanting to stand up for myself.

christ

you think the marines ease their way into things by talking to strangers and winking at women? not only is this timid as fuck but its seriously autistic

my advice: join some sort of hardcore martial arts gym. i used to do boxing and muay thai and the feeling after coming out of the ring, especially when you win, is intense. the adrenaline flows like crazy and you feel as though you can take on the world. at muay thai, we used to do 2 on 1 sparring to help us keep our cool when things get rough and afterwards the feeling of pure exhiliration is therapeutic as hell. i recommend it to everyone

I just think; I have dick, they don't or mine is bigger.

Well for a cop it's easy, in the USA if they fuck up, they don't get in trouble. It's a great job because the only way you get in trouble is by snitching on one of them.

Sounds good, I live in a smallish town so Muay Thai might be hard to find but boxing might work, is sparring against people an important part or would a punching bag work to start with?

my dad was in the police for 30 years in the UK which meant he was involved in the miners' strikes as well as some anti-terror work when the IRA were around, and of course plenty regular arrests, house raids etc. never asked him about it but one time he told me it was everything he could do not to leave or run away when he was being jeered by a crowd of armed football hooligans across the street until the squad car he was expecting arrived. sounded scary as fuck, but he said that people generally don't fuck with the police as it results in their arrest literally every single time, so i guess there's an element of feeling protected by your uniform in those situations. i'm sure the military feel something similar through the sheer might of their power over sandnigger terrorists too

From actual policing experience. In my case they put me in high stress living environment for all of my training. At that point you're kind of numb to what some may consider a stressful situation. Talking to people just doesn't seem like a big deal anymore since you may be running into a house where some idiot has a gun

no, in order to learn a martial art, sparring is absolutely indispensable. they see beginners all the time, they will teach you better than you will ever teach yourself. one thing that would help before going wil be to improve cardio and flexibility.
remember, the sparring is the important part. getting the shit kicked out of you is something that needs to happen to every man and it will change you. after so many times you just stop giving a fuck as you know that you can take it.

From military experience you can still be 100% autistic and shy in every branch. I knew shredded fucking Marines who couldn't talk to girls.

Social skills and confidence come from practicing those things more, not from getting yelled at or doing pushups.

Yeah, I've never actually been in a fight so I probably imagine getting hit to be worse that it is, I'll do some cardio then look at what my town has. Thanks
Sound interesting, what exactly is a high stress environment?
Yeah, it would probably help knowing there's others next to you.

Sounds like I need to do a mix with of both then

When you're in the military you meet alot of new people and live with them. Taking showers, sleeping, going to class, eat with random people everyday, so meeting some chick when you're on your weekend break isn't that scary anymore

Right, so you immerse yourself into it.

For us we're constantly being tested and yelled at. Any mistake at all was corrected immediately. If you failed any of the 12 major tests you could be kicked out. People who you're rooming with are getting kicked out left, right and center. we had to spar each other and if you got too injured you could be kicked out and a lot of people were. Plus lack of sleep contributed to a lot of it since we were doing 17/5 hour days every day. We were also physically exhausted from the physical training we had to do every day. On top of regular duties you had a certain amount of exercising, driving, shooting and various other assignments to do.

Sounds rough, do you think it would be stupid to simulate that on a lesser level?
Eg downloading MP3 files of people yelling, doing online exam tests ,ect

I went from virgin to about 70 notches and I think 5 winks and smiles and 2 conversations per day is a very good idea. It's a realistic goal and you will also be gaining every day from it.

Avoid winking in workplace though obviously.

Ignore the guy telling you that mma training will somehow reduce approach anxiety. It might a little but it's only a small secondary effect.

My legitimate suggestion is to join a martial art gym, particularly a bjj gym. It forces you to be in constant contact with another person (even grils) and it'll raise your confidence because you will have experience handling physical confrontation.

If you're born autistic/introverted pretty much nothing will change that, by the time you've grown to realize what you've become it's pretty much who you are.

The only way around is to immerse yourself in social situations and face your fears, trial and error, etc, through knowledge and experience you'll become better at facing certain situations, but it won't change how you feel or who you are inside.

tl;dr: fake it till it rubs off on you.

I'll look into it, might be hard because small town but I'll see
Yeah, definitely not the workplace- though might be funny to walk up to the boss and wink.
Funny thing is I was normal but over time I just got more and more self conscious or something. Just a bit to fix it everyday.

Not him, but no I don't think that is a good idea. The whole part of the stress added is the consequence or the idea of consequence that you cannot just add.

>military
>police
>confidence training

Jesus.... You either have or not, they don`t specifically "train" your confidence.