Want to start lifting at home

>want to start lifting at home
>get two 33 lbs dumbells
>they are so light I can't even feel them during lateral raises
REEEEEE

How much weight do I need for dumbelling?

Pic unrelated but praise Jesus.

So you're strong enough to "not even feel 33's while doing lateral raises" but you don't know how much weight you should get?

Want to know how I know you're actually a fat neckbeard that doesn't actually work out?

Nigger damn, most beginners shit bricks at 15lb lateral raises, you have some real natural strength. Do yourself a favor and hit up a gym, it'd be a waste otherwise

I did calisthenics for years and I am very heavy. I have no feeling at all anymore about how much I should lift for 10 reps.

Why don't you go to the gym instead of wasting your time with one set of dumbells at home?

>33 lbs lat raise
>doesn't feel anything

kek

You're a fat piece of shit that doesn't have the mental capacity to test out dumbbells in the store or gym before buying them.
You're such a fat loser you can't accept you're fat and refer to yourself as 'heavy'
You're so needy you came to this board to shitpost and try to make yourself feel better about working out. Quit looking to others for validation. Go return your 30's and buy a set of adjustable dumbbells or a gym membership.
Don't want to go to a gym? If you got such amazing results from calisthenics then stick with it. That or realize you're fucking retarded and you shouldn't be creating a home gym to begin with because you need adult supervision around heavy objects.

Think twice before you post a bullshit thread like this OP. God knows this board has been in decline lately, we don't need people like you lowering the bar any more than it already is

/thread

>they are so light I can't even feel them during lateral raises
What does this even mean? You can't feel them at 1 rep? you can't feel them at 10? Can't feel them at any?
What were you even intending to do with these dumbells?

Post a picture of yourself, OP. I have a feeling you need a gym

man i cant even lateral raise my own arm

>33 lbs lateral raise
>not feeling anything
how shit and bent is your form

I think the OP fled the thread in shame

I think I'm getting stronger as I get bigger
I can just throw these weights around
going to have to get bigger ones soon

you're either swole as a motherfucker or you don't know how to do lateral raises if you can't even feel 33 lbs

are you throwing them up with the momentum of your whole body or what?

Not OP.

I started training a year ago. In my gym I use those fancy machines with servo-motors, which gave me good progress so far.
I also have adjustable dumbbells at home, which go up to 24 kg. Aside from lat raises and curls I maxed them out. Is it worth it getting heavier ones or should I get into barbells? How does dumbbell weight translate to barbell weight?

Why does it matter when you have access to a gym?

Its rare that i come across bullshit like this, this is next level.
OP post a picture so we can judge you, I'm 100% certain you're lying about your stat, only one way to prove us wrong and get some real advice. But I already know you won't, you were bullshitting and if you post a photo it will be fully confirmed

I like training at home. Going to a gym is the worst part about fitness. If I had a house I'd invest in a full home gym.

You're self conscious

For starters a modular dumbbell with 10 - 20 kg is a good idea, then you can just buy additional 5 and 10 plates on amazon.

The problem is, if you can't actually buy all that you need for a gym i.e a rack with a barbell and plenty of plates, then you're not using your time as well as you could.
Your dumblells are at such a weight that you can really only use them on isolation exercises like curls, flyes and so on. Your bench will suck shit because you can't properly increase the work load and 24 kg dumbells on a bench aren't a whole lot to begin with.

You could do your isolations at home, and do the compound movements at the gym, but at that point, what's the idea, anyway? Isolations are the easiest and quickest movements you'll be doing, so you might as well just do it while you're already at the gym and your muscles are already being worked.

So basically, either;
A) buy a rack, barbell and plates
B) go to the gym
C) use the dumbells knowing that you'll be doing something sub par
D) a combination of the above

I am. That's why I go at night. (Also it's nice for my sleep)
You're probably right.

and? Going to gym is a huge minus because you can't really push yourself while being scared of embarassing moments like farts or failed reps.

People like NinjaTyler and Eric Bugenhagen are good examples why you should be homegym masterrace

Consider that going to the gym will add immensely to your character, since you are so heavily opposed to it. each time you force yourself in the gym, it gets a little easier to feel at home and ignore the rest of the dregs that inhabit the gym.

You already know that you should. You already know that it's good for you. Honestly, don't you want to prevail? Nothing is physically stopping, so you'll be guaranteed success every time you go into the gym. Also, as much of a platitude this is; All the other people in the gym are either spending their time minding their own business, or thinking about how YOU perceive THEM. Humans are self absorbed, and they'll be more wary of being caught making a "mistake" than thinking about you making one

I believe in you, user

there is no way 33 pound lateral raises are "light" for a beginner, either your 3rd world shithole weights are fucked, or you have no idea what a "lateral raise" is

this user is 100% correct

Sorry, OP here. I left out the decimal on accident, they're 3.3 lbs each.

holy shit this

who the fuck makes a 33 or even 3.3 pound dumbbell?

Get york spin lock dumbbells, the long kind. Mine has 110 lbs on it atm.

Alternatively there are olympic sized ones too, that makes everything neater in the short to medium run.

People who use metric.