I've done the following for years:

I've done the following for years:
>brush in the morning with manual toothbrush
>brush and scrape tongue
>rinse with listerine
>chew gum at work after lunch
>brush/brush tongue / scrape before and after dinner when I get home
>floss / electric toothbrush / listerine before bed
I only have 3 cavities at age 30. Is a dental cleaning unnecessary? Don't want to be bothered if I dont have to. You know that dentists love to make shit up.

Dental plaque occurs even when you do those things. Brushing will not remove plaque. A cleaning is like $100 without insurance. Stop being poor

I had obamacare, but the prez took it from me

Good

You shouldn't rinse with listerine/mouthwash immediately after brushing- it removes the toothpaste and fluoride that is good for your teeth/enamel. Ideally don't drink/rinse with anything for around an hour after brushing.

Also check your technique- most people brush way too hard, damaging the gums. Flossing as well, don't do a sawing action between your teeth, but sort of slightly wrap and pull up.

>You shouldn't rinse with listerine/mouthwash immediately after brushing- it removes the toothpaste and fluoride that is good for your teeth/enamel.
This is exactly what ive done since 2008, only 2 cavities in that period and 3 in my lifetime. The 2 in this period didnt even require novacaine to fill.

The dentist told me not to drink after rinsing with listerine

>brush teeth 1 a month MAYBE
>visit dentist every 6 months for a cleaning
>27 and only had 2 cavities

Don't give in to the dental Jew.

Stop eating shitty fucking food. Sugars and acids destroy your teeth and good food protects it. Thats why the poorest people never had teeth problems when they were young whilst the rich always did.

>tfw I'm willing to put hours a week into working out and grooming but my mouth is a wreck
I've got about six fillings, all amalgam so very visible, oral thrush all the time, and chronic tonsillitis from smoking and poor oral hygiene.

I am British though, so whatevs

I just brush a lot (2-4 times per day). Almost never floss (permanent retainer wire makes it annoying), only use mouthwash if I'm going out to a nightclub or something. Never chew gum (I don't even think that's supposed to be good for oral health). Never really scrape tongue (it triggers my gag reflex and I nearly puke). I've never had a cavity and I'm 24.

>Sugars and acids destroy your teeth and good food protects it.
brush your teeth and rinse with mouthwash after eating you retard

>tfw I only had one cavity in my entire life and that's when I was 8 years old
>tfw I purposely inflicted myself with a cavity by intentionally eating like shit (Chewing on Jolly Ranchers, and consuming copious amounts of gushers and fruit roll ups) just to feel the sensation
>As a 21 year old, I haven't gotten a cavity since

Lol how does it feel to have inferior teeth genetics, losers?

Do I really have to brush twice a day or is that a meme? Why would I brush immediately when I wake up (besides freshening up the mouth) if I just brushed before I went to bed? Is it scam so you buy more for toothpaste?

brush after you eat your morning oatz

Dentist here.

>only 3

That's 3 too much bro. Also of course it's necessary, why the hell would you think the entire profession and scientific community is lying to you? Just for shits and giggles? Jesus... But hey if you wan't why not stop brushing for few years and see what happens.

You're thinking of dental calculus which is different from plaque, which is removed by brushing & flossing.

That's absolutely disgusting, you know that right? Anyway congrats, you likely have very good bacterial flora in your mouth, lacking S. Mutans for example. But it's also entirely possible that you have like 38 developing cavities and one beautiful day when you go to your dentist everything blows up in you face. So I do recommend actually brushing & flossing..

wtf are you talking about, in Sweden where I live (yes were fucking cucks) all the rapefugees come here with a dozen cavities and all have to schedule dentist appointments which the swedish taxpayers cough up 5k dollars for each patient.

>Dentist here.

I'm 25 and haven't gone to the dentist in over 10 years. I brush twice and floss most days, but somedays I just brush once or don't floss. How fucked do you think I'll be if I go back to the dentist for a cleaning?

Similiar situation, I brush twice a day (sometimes just once a day on the weekend) and floos somewhat regularely.
Never had any tooth pain or anything so I didn't go to the dentist in like 7+ years.
At this point I am kinda scared to go.

I've never had a cavity in my life and I don't take nearly as good care of my teeth.

Sucks to suck OP.

>Dentist here

Do you think it's funny that I'm a dentist, or that I'm lying?

Less fucked than if you wait another 10 years before you go... I really don't understand why people keep putting off visiting dentist. Do you think the problems go away by themselves? There isn't a single dental problem that just goes away byt itself, in only gets worse.

B-but I know a guy who had bad tooth ache and it went away, that's what you're going to say right? Yeah the pulpitis went away because the pulp died only to be replaced by worse condition of periapical parodontitis. Yeah it might be quiet for a while until you get even worse pain and abscess if you're unlucky.

I try to brush every day, sometimes i go a day or two without.
33 no cavities and all 32 teef.
They're crowded and my upper premolars have receding gumlines so it hurts to eat sweet shit.

Same

32, no cavities, cracks, gum issues or anything. Only started brushing twice a day when I was 21.

Inferior genetics and sweetened protein powder leaves all you failures with a rotting mouth

I'll end this thread right here.
>brush in the morning 30 minutes after breakfast for 2 minutes, don't floss. Rinse is optional.

>brush and floss before going to bed. Using rinse here is optimal.

>go to the dentist every 12 months for a check up. If you don't want the cleaning don't get it. Ask for an oral exam and x-rays.

>brush along the gum line.
>floss as far down as you can in a circular motion wrapping the floss around the side of each tooth
>if you eat sugar/acidic food don't brush for 30 minutes after or you'll brush the sugar/acid into your enamel
>use a soft bristle brush
>if you chew gum get one that contains xylitol
>drink coffee/tea/soda through a straw to prevent staining

Any other questions?

You know that water has fluoride in it now, right? This is the reason why the need for dentists and cleanings is in the decline, yet actual DENTISTS dont want to admit it.

The minuscule amount of fluoride in tap water won't do anything if your diet is bad. Also, if your diet is bad you are less likely to be drinking tap water. Considering the amount of people who do consume sugar/acidic foods daily and the sugar content in said foods is high, the need for dentists is going up. Dentists give you this information if you actually went to one...

>parents hate dentist
>never go because they think the doc will fake the cavities
>go when 25
>indian doc says i have 2 cavities
>think its bullshit so i visit another doc
> nu doc is so impressed by my teeth says there is absolutely no signs of anything wrong
>not one crooked tooth
>who here teeth natty as fuck

t. out of work dentist

Here, I went when I was a kid, as I live in a glorious social democracy and it's free, but I never had any cavities so haven't bothered to go in about 6 years.

>only have 3 cavities at age 30
>27 and only had 2 cavities

"Only" 2-3 cavities after a third of a lifetime. Is getting cavities so common that people consider getting less than five an achievement? I thought zero cavities is the norm and only people who eat garbage all the time get cavities

probably americans, all they eat is coated in sugar

its because people are less retarded these days and are brushing their teeth. Need for dentists are going down so theres a lot of dentists in the industry telling you, you have cavities when in reality your teeth are fine. Thought about this all the time and my mate who just became a dentist recently confirmed it with me.

>sweetened protein powder

I don't think bacteria can eat artifical sweeteners. Or can they?

That's fucking knarly man I couldn't even imagine what your breath smells like.

he probably just brushes and scrapes his tongue, which is where the stench lies

True but plaque still grows on your teeth I can tell if someone didn't brush in the morning

Not even a dentist mate, I just live in a country were people know how to clean themselves

That's fucking groce jeff

Same. Was kinda scared to go too. I went after not going for 10 years. I recommend you go right now.
I didn't have any cavities but the dentist basically said "you're a faggot. Need to do a deep cleaning" (which was ez mode 2 visits a couple weeks apart) had to go in for cleanings every 3 months instead of 6 for 3 visits following then I was good to go. Now just go for regular cleanings every 6 months.
I didn't think anything looked bad or anything but after they did the deep cleaning it was fucking night and day.
Go now.

Tfw 25 and crookes teeth.

Can i get bracea and will i be laughed at if i do?

Yes no

Do it. You'll regret the decision not to. From what I hear girls care about straight/white teeth

Looking to bleach my teeth with 3% hydrogen peroxide. Do I swish it or mix it with baking soda to keep it more isolated to my teeth? How long do I leave it and how often do I apply it?

>only 3
Lol I have 0 cavities and im 87 yrs old

You mean he gave it back to us?

It's also genetic, I brush 3 time a day, ate more or less healthy and I had maybe 7 (already treated) cavities and lost a tooth at 19yo while a bud with fucking yellow teeth and white tongue is perfectly fine. My dad lost all his teeth at 40 due to malformation.

TFW T1 diabetic. All those nights waking up with low bloods, grabbing some jam on bread with milk and falling back to sleep have now shown their impact. Got my first cavities age 24.

Decided to go see the hygienist quarterly now to try help. Wisdom teeth have come through and shifted my front teeth so I'm shelling out for invisalign.

Dentistbro, have you had experiences with invisalign and would you recommend it?

>have never touched a toothbrush
>diet is 90% candy 10% acid
>negative cavity count, age 350
get on my level

I just do intermittent fasting so I've circumvented the oral jew

>eat once a day at night
>clean my teeth afterwards
>teeth are clean 99% of the time
>teeth spend 20+ hours a day being clean
>meanwhile normies spend 20 hours with food in their mouths corroding their teeth with soda

Hmm, I've been IF for a few months now, didn't consider this benefit.

I only brush my teeth in the morning for like 30 sec. I dont floss, use listerine, or do any other mouth care crap. Im 34 years old and ive nver had a cavity and my teeth are still white. I srink a lot of milk idk if that has anything do with it. I dont drink tea, coffee, or soda either. My wife says my breath smells ok and tastes great so i dont brush at night.