Intermittenet Fasting

whats your thoughts about this?
ive been doing it for about 6 months now.
i eat a huge meal about mid day, then dont drink or eat anything with kcals the next 22-23 hours.
>i have less energy right after a big meal, but lots more the rest of the day.
>i have lots of energy even from the morning, through my workout and until i eat my next meal.
>its easier to manage food intake with a hectic lifestyle.
>i dont feel like i need to constantly eat something to boost my energy level anymore.
>and im getting a lot leaner.
>i can get away with more unhealthy foods and im still getting leaner.
>and the meals i have are insanely fullfilling.

the downside of all of this is that i cant eat anything other than my scheduled meals. on a normal way of eating, i could get away with having a snack with friends, while now i just cant.

any others who have tried this out? would love to hear about your experiences.

bump

Ive beem doing 5/2 and just fasting on Monday & Wednesday. Working good and I'm maintaining my muscles. Down to about 15% BF @ 215 lbs

thats awesome to hear.
im feeling that fasting is a growing thing

I eat between about 12:30pm and 6:30pm but I'd say I have roughly the same experiences. I used to eat a huge lunch but now I eat a moderate one and then a huge dinner, as this seems to help with the post-lunch energy drop.

There was an interesting study done last year where they found benefits from a "fast-mimicking diet" done 3 days in a row each month. They had people eat below BMR so they were getting some nutrients, but something like 500-800kcal per day. The study showed vastly improved blood health markers and some bf% loss.

I tried it once, and it was kinda rough. If you have something to do that keeps your mind very occupied, and it's not physically taxing, (and you take caffeine and yohimbine) it's not bad, but 1 of those 3 days I didn't really have anything to do and all I ended up doing was thinking about how goddamn hungry I was. I'd like to try it again but I'm currently trying to slow bulk from skelly mode so I probably won't attempt for a couple of years.

does the feeling of hunger get less intense after some weeks of 5/2?

>the downside of all of this is that i cant eat anything other than my scheduled meals.

You don't have to stick to a strick schedule. You can skip a meal one day and fast for 36 or 48 hours or more. You'll lose fat, not muscle (a myth).

If you do keto/paleo/hflc, you'll probably reach an autophagy state. If not, you'll reach autophagy after 48-72 hours.

Fucking fantastic for staying lean as a natty.

I workout 3x a week with some ab workout, mainly compounds and I look and feel the best I've ever been

Used to do 8/16, exercising every day.
Was seeing fat loss and muscle gain, so I was pretty happy.
Was on it for about 2 and a half months. Only dropped about 5kg of weight total, but looked a lot leaner.

Issue is, with my new job, I tend to work from 11AM till 6PM, with no chance for eating while I'm working.
Will I still see benefits of entering a fasting state if instead of eating from 12 to 8 like before, I start eating from 10 to 7:30?

Sorry for blogposting, but I want some advice her.

I have a job where I'm on my feet for 12 hours and I just drink water during breaks, coffee before work. I eat 1 big meal when I get home.

At first I would come home ravenous but eventually got adjusted to it and now feel like I could go forever without eating. The effect on your "hunger hormones" is real.

Can I do 14-10 IF? I've head you get fewer benefits from a sub-16 hour fast.

yes.
yes.

Not good while bulking

very good for a cut, on a cut you should drink lots of water and take vitamins so you dont get unhealthy.

How do you avoid having headaches or lightheadedness without eating?

I get seriously bad headaches and usually eating will help stop them, I've tried taking specialized pills for headaches but they don't do much. I drink lots of water but it doesn't help :(

IF is flexible, gut friendly, and gets fathead mind off food after the first week. 260lbs to 205 in 8 months 16/8. 1760kcal 110c/150p/80f at 205 I was @ 135bench. Bulk meme regrets now tho. Doing 18/6 at 1100kcal 2 meals greens/chicken/tuna/mayo/olive oil to get to 180.

Either do it or don't.

Any supposed benefits would affect you marginally or be placebo.

The really only good purpose for doing it is keeping hunger under control by eating bigger, more satisfying meals.

When I fast my head is clearer than when I eat

carbs and sugar seem to give me horrible brain fog

I've been doing IF for about 2 months. I start work at 7, get home between 3:30 and 4. Eat some veggies as a snack when I get in, then a little later usually some sort of protein. Probably closest to a 20/4 schedule.

Some days it's difficult to control cravings by the end of the day. Particularly in an office where I can't do something physical to alleviate boredom, and where people like to bring treats in.

I also don't really sweat my schedule. When I've gone out for lunch with friends or coworkers, I just treat that as my big meal.

You might want to talk to a doctor. Those are symptoms of hypoglycemia (and goddamn near everything else which is why: Doctor).

Remember: There are many ways to the promised land. It's okay to change paths.

Thank you for your encouragement, it means a lot, user.

I have and apparently have extremely low blood platelets, which means I'm prone to fainting, feeling cold, tired, etc all the time. My blood also doesn't clot so if I get a decent enough sized cut or bruise, I'll literally bleed to death. I was put on some steroids a couple months ago but they still haven't managed to put my levels even close to where they need to be. Hopefully my body will stop attacking itself and start to repair so I can get to where I need to be.

Gotta stay optimistic.

I did it 2 years ago and I lost about 20 kilos of lard but it's not maintenable in time if you want to progress in the gym and have social life too

moosleems do it, why don't you?

I've been on 8/16 IF for more or less 7 years by now, it's just my daily diet. Only during weekends I allow myself to break my 8/16 or sometimes even 4/20 routine by extending a non-fasting period or just by eating all day.

Normally I eat my first meal around 1-3 pm, but I can make it to 5 pm also. I don't feel hungry at all, as long as I consume enough of calories.
As I work in the morning I save up some extra time, that would be wasted on breakfast preparation, etc.

The disadvantage is that you can easily develop a binge eating disorder, sometimes it's hard to control the calories intake, at least for me. On the other hand I appreciate the taste of food more while breaking off of 16 hours fasting.

Now I'll be switching to 24 hours fast at random days during week, just to lose some weight.

i thought autophogy begins around 18hrs into a fast?

Sounds like your blood sugar is crashing because you're not adapted to using fat as energy. Try coffee.

it KILLS, you're supposed to eat or you will DIE
enjoy being DEAD i guess?