The official arms thread

Welcome to the arms thread, dedicated to improving the muscular development of the arms.

This particular thread is geared towards intermediate lifters, who want to improve their arm measurement from say, 14 or 15 inches to 17+.

Please respond with advice that has worked for you, related studies and general recommendations. And of course, pictures of well developed arms.

Other urls found in this thread:

sci-fit.net/2017/bulking-deficit-gaining/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have a question to fuck up this thread immediatly. I recently switched to a full body 3x a week and i do only 1 pure isolation bicep exercise, the most normal curls possilbe with an ez-bar. I do 5 sets of it of 8 reps(the last reps are a nightmare). Is it enough or is it stupid as fuck and i should another exercise and cut the curls to 3 or 4 sets?

First and foremost, your arms will not grow if you are not in a calorie surplus. This is a must for improving any muscle group. Your arms will not grow if they are not getting stronger. Your arms will not grow if you do not train them intensely enough or frequently enough.

Cut a set and add more weight. And if you want even more weight cut the reps to 4-6 then work back to 8.

mix up the exercises more. do barbell curls alternating with triceps or some other type of curl such as dumbbell or hammer curls. just always hit ALL TYPES of your muscles from different angles with different exercises.

are you improving weekly? are you eating enough? If the answer to both of these is yes, continue, if not, either up the food, up the frequency or up the volume and weight by either a) adding more biceps movements after or b) do fewer sets with more weight

Weighted pull-ups and chin-ups are good, too. 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps each. Bruisers are also a great exercise to help with hitting your biceps, same set and rep range.
Hope this helps you, user

Has anyone experimented with training arms over 3 times a week? I've seen it recommend by Mike Israetel that biceps can be hit up to 6 times a week and triceps 4 times a week if memory serves

I'm certainly going to try it next bulk

>concentration curls and hammer curls after pulling heavy
>db skullcrushers and db incline bench after pushing heavy

is what i do, sets of 10, sometimes supersets of 8 each

>geared
You're on the right track.

sci-fit.net/2017/bulking-deficit-gaining/

retard

Not a word there contradicts anything I said... This isn't a thread for beginners. If you're new (which it seems you are) you can do almost anything and gain size and strength.

rekt
>also bump for more info on this subject
I havy babby arms and I only do 5 sets of straight bar curls twice a week , I do pull ups too , guess should go a little harder also

My arms stopped growing after hitting 17inches. Theyve gotten much stronger but dont seem to increase in size. Im going to switch to pump volume type of workouts. 12-15 reps. just a ton of different exercises and volume because all that''s happening is the ligaments and bones are getting strong but no size gains.

I work them out 3x a week with fullbody and ive gained 2.2 inches in the last 5 months training arms this way.

A lot of people say it really works. It's called Nucleus Overtraining

Like everyday before sleeping doing 100 reps for bis and tris. A lot of people report absurd gains.

>Nucleus Overtraining
Rich Paninibread calls this a "feeder" workout.
I'm thinking about trying it, but the last thing I do before I sleep is usually jack off.

I'm on week one of that.

I haven't measured my arm yet, but it's always pumped now

When you measure your arm you do it flexed or relaxed? I'm 37cm relaxed 41 flexed and dont know which number to use

I just assume everyone is saying their flexed number.

anyone else here ever try this?