What causes the shoulder blades to do this?

What causes the shoulder blades to do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_scapula
youtube.com/watch?v=VCPp1DUypo0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Autism

fix your scapulars you fucking pleb bitch

Gravity

>Hairy back

How do people develop that shit even?

I have no idea man. I'm generally body hair all over but I do trim annually.

people whose ancestors slept on their stomachs outside developed the hairy back gene to keep themselves warm. Those who couldnt evolve to have hairy backs died out in those climates.

You're right. At the end of the day, it really does come down to whose back is hairier.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_scapula

Jesus that might actually make sense.

real talk: this isn't normal?

do peoples scapulas stay flush with their back?

Usually the blades sit flush in the back. That's what I was told.

It's because we used to be apes you stupid fucks

really makes me ponder

wikipedia org/ wiki/ Winged_scapula

It's a common problem, takes a hell of a lot away from the aesthetics.

He definiteley doesn't have this. Just kinda lean and has a genetic propensity for a protrusion.

metamorphosis into a glorious winged faggot

nice meme

yes he does.

to OP, there are different reasons for winged scapula. Usually Long thoracic nerve dysfunction, poor neuromuscular control of the upper back and shoulder, or parascapular muscle dysfunction- some combination of hypertonic pec minor/major, internal rotators, upper traps, possibly lats + weak/underactive middle and lower traps, rhomboids, serratus anterior, external rotators.

>I do trim annually

WTF is the point of triming once a year? That's doing 10 push-ups a year and expecting to be fit

I've literally never seen a jacked person with winged scapula. Can you do a lat spread? maybe it's serratus anterior weakness. what's your strength on OHP or front raises?

Weak or lengthened serratus anterior. Just look up scapular winging. Unless you had surgery or some kind of trama to the side of your body I wouldn't worry about long thoracic nerve damage. I seen a patient with a severed long thoracic nerve during my clincal rotations and it's definitely noticeable winging. (2nd year physical therapy student.)

>people think that's hairy

oh sweet children of summer

It's already pretty disgusting.

who dat mirin

winged scapula

Whats the recomended way to gain better neuromuscular control!

I didn't know it was to be concerned about, is it often fixable through therapy? Are there health problems lifting with this?

So, all I'm getting from this thread is to focus on my back. I was told to park my shoulder blades on the bench when working chest, I got my chest to finally activate using this method, my back mainly my upper looks like something out of Auschwitz; I'm looking to correct it. Since I've been seeing the sports doctor, I've had 10 sessions of chiropractic therapy because my lower back had pain. Now since I've been seeing her I've been doing better in the gym and my posture and flexibility had gotten better ..

Now just this part of my back is the only thing lacking. It doesn't help that I do manual labor.

>wouldn't worry about long thoracic nerve damage
Which is the cause of the winging?

From what I've observed my pecs aren't activating as well as they should. So far everyone's opinion is spot on

youtube.com/watch?v=VCPp1DUypo0

the video is still warm

weak upper back (lower and middle trapezius) and weak serratus anterior.

It's called winged scapula.

>used to be

>this is how evolution works guys

Weak middle/lower traps

"No."