At what point does a beginner become intermediate?

At what point does a beginner become intermediate?

When you stop progressing on a beginner routine

When you hit 1/2/3/4

When you hit 2/3/4/5 you're officiallyba gymbra

When you can finally start lifting your feels.

What does this mean?

Oooh you have a way to go bro.

1 pl8 OHP
2 pl8 bench
3 pl8 squat
4 pl8 dead

1 gf
2 scoops, cmon
3 pl8 bench
4 (you)

Which is:
60kg OHP
100kg Bench
140kg squat
180kg Deadlift

Cool, I'm already there. But I don't do deadlifts though, but if I would I'd progress really quickly cuz my legs are already big. I'm at 83 kg btw.

>cool im already there

>i dont do deadlifts though

No

>But I don't do deadlifts though

>I'm there
>I don't do deadlifts though

>but I don't do deadlifts though

You fucked up.

lol at every one that is posting all these reaction images to the guy who doesnt deadlift.

Deadlift is a M.E.M.E

Get over it fags. Give me one good reason to do a deadlift instead of working all the muscles individually.

>deadlift is a meme

Summer came early this year. Post body please

>Deadlift is a M.E.M.E

>Deadlift is a M.E.M.E

>Deadlift is a M.E.M.E

>Cool, I'm already there. But I don't do deadlifts though

Screencapping this failure

1/2/3/4 is terribly asymmetrical, if u can bench 2plate u should OHP more than 1pl8, also 4 dead is alot more than 3 squat.

more like 1.5/2/3/3.5

on top of all that if u can deadlift 180kg and only ohp 60kg something is wrong with you

>Give me one good reason to do a deadlift instead of working all the muscles individually.
You'll get stronger.

Quit being a faggot.

1/2/3/4

Horrible bait.

1 pl8 on OHP 2 pl8 bench 3 pl8 squat 4 pl8 diddly

>Newfag

just realised how ambiguous this really is
at how many reps?

>hit 4 plate deadlift after like 8 months
>can't even 2 plate squat

Just lanklet problems.

its not lanklet problems, i was serious when i wrote that, biggest problem people have with squat is they aren't flexible enough, try stretching, not only after training, but like everyday and see that u will improve squat alot, also people are generally scared to put heavy weight on squat, and dont tell me u squat heavy if u never failed a squat

youre pretty dumb you know.

maybe, but at least my ohp isnt 1pl

There's a few factors that play into this. Height, weight, reps, and sets. People that spout 1/2/3/4 either don't lift or overgeneralize

That's nice, but your bench didn't contribute to it, and squat and deadlift operate on separate muscle chains.

My goals after leg surgery are, in order:
>1RM 1/2/3/4
>5Rm 1/2/3/4
>1RM 2/3/4/5
>5RM 2/3/4/5
>Then just back to Reg Park's 5x5 in one version or another for fun until I get a gf or die first

Not to mention the one way ticket to snap city. Another reason why this board and Veeky Forums need IDs so that one marketer who samefags the SIPS meme can be rooted out.

You can replace diddlys with olys to a certain degree
but lifting shit of the ground is a meme? holy hell

That's... actually really good, user.

We aren't really lifting for gains, we're trying to lift our feels.

How many reps are we talking when we say 1/2/3/4?

Your first rep.
Then your second rep.
Then your third rep.
Then your fourth rep.

That's good actually. Deathslifts are very dangerous.

How did it come to be that the words beginner and intermediate, advanced etc. became so muddled? I don't know what the OP is asking. Is the question when a trainee has reached the "intermediate" phase in their personal development curve and should switch to a weekly progression (which happens at a different level of strength for each person)? Or is it when a trainee's lifts reach some set threshold that elevates them to the next quantile of achievement also named "intermediate? The former asks where a trainee is compared to their own potential and the latter where they rank compared to others. These are completely different questions. And it seems people are equating the two. There is correlation between them but the thing that defines what program you should do is ultimately what rate of progression you achieve on a bulk and not how much you lift compared to others. There are people who will be progressing monthly or slower by the time they reach something like 1/2/3/4 while others reach that with their noob gains.

Is it the fault of apps like symmetric strength? It compares you to other people while using those same words. Two people can both be at 50% of their potential while making progress every 48 hours on SS or whatever and be lifting very different weights and so symmetric strength might peg the weaker as a novice and the stronger as intermediate.

when you change your attitude when its not o shit I have to go to gym but Oh shit I canĀ“t go to the gym, when its not oh fuck chicken and rice again but Oh wow another chicken and rice and mostly, when you finally understand what,why, and how you should workout

1/2/3/4

>when its not oh fuck chicken and rice again but Oh wow another chicken and rice
more like "damn I wish I was home so I could eat chicken and rice instead of this"

>also 4 dead is alot more than 3 squat
I can deadlift 4 plate but can't squat 3 plates.

Maybe you should squat deeper.

Wait so they are 1 rep maxes?

But i reached that in less than 3 months

At how many reps?

>Deadlift is a M.E.M.E

What the fuck is a 1pl8, honestly.

I've read the sticky, I've gone to the gym, hell, I'm going to the gym now. But I've never been able to get that shit, you fuckers mean 8kgs on each side?

>can squat 2 plates for 5 reps without problems
>can't DL more than 2 plates
>manlet problems

>1pl8
>20kg on each side

which means
1pl8 = 60kg
2pl8 = 100kg
3pl8 = 140kg
etc.

Aww fucking hell, that's impossible for me right now. Thanks user.

You're absolutely right. I have had more consistent progress in the deadlift just squatting and rowing more than actually deadlifting. Deadlifts are good, but squats and heavy rows are better.

>right now
you got that one right... just continue lifting, it will get better

>manlet
>less ROM
>>problem

Atleast one

Dude, I literally don't know.

I was just taking a shitty guess.

I have no idea what 1/2/3/4 could mean.

lmao no, a 1.5 OHP is atleast equal to 130 kg bench. Fix your bench form and/or stop push pressing faggot. Considering gymbros around me OHP 50 kg while benching 100, it's fairly generous even

so back to topic: 1/2/3/4 = intermediate
1.5/2.75/4/5 = advanced
2/3.5/5/6 = mirin and better than atleast 99% of other lifters

and these are all fairly proportionate according to my experience, bit more variation on dl/sq ratios depending on morphology

>1.5/2/3/3.5

meanwhile candito at one point had a 1.5 pl8 OHP and a 3.25 pl8 bench along with even higher squat/deadlifts

stop talking out of your ass you non-lifting retard, regarding the general lifting population a 1pl8 OHP is even better than a benchlet 2pl8

This shit confuses me. Are "novice", "intermediate", "advanced" etc. terms for categorizing lifters into groups based on their absolute lifts or based on their rate of progression? I remember that the SS book defined an intermediate as someone who could no longer add 5lbs to their lifts two times a week and ought to switch to programming for weekly progression. The weight at which this occurs in each lift for people has an average of course but the idea is that it varies between each individual. So you can cite average numbers for when people transition from novice to intermediate but that doesn't define when a specific individual crosses that line.

it should be based on progression, but people are stupid and lazy, so they use stats for it too.

>I remember that the SS book defined an intermediate as someone who could no longer add 5lbs to their lifts two times a week and ought to switch to programming for weekly progression

Yes, this is accurate. Somebody who weighs 155lbs trying to hit 1/2/3/4 on a beginner routine is going to be running themselves into a brick wall for no reason. Somebody who weighs 200 and is bulking can probably get there on SS.

Good rule of thumb is when you hit "intermediate" on symmetric strength, but it's just a guideline.

Tbqh if you consider all people that hit the gym as lifters with a 1/2/3/4 you're probably already in the top 1%