/FAT/ GENERAL

Previous thread over 300 sticks of butter

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight
>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Vegemite Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Starting my cut tomorrow lads

It's happening

>tomorrow
NOT going to make it

How do you respond when people ask "How did you lose so much weight?".

Me: "hehe, stopped eating spaghetti every day and added some veggies instead"

Not gonna unveil my power level to plebs.

okay I'm starting RIGHT NOW
>it's 11:45pm

>"How did you lose so much weight?".
I just say I ate more veggies and took walks
That or I spout whatever fad weightloss thing is current popular

I unveiled my powerlevel and got someone really in to lifting. Like they gym 3-5 times a week and do diddlys, squats, and so on where before they'd just jiggle jog on the treadmill.
Got another to start counting calories.

Really neato.

>not fat wojak
you fucked up

>Ate a small bowl of granola cereal
>Logged it into MFP
>Over 400 calories
>Still hungry tho

I'm not gonna make it unless I get better at measuring my shit before eating

>try autofellatio years ago
>fuck my back up something BAD
>still haven't recovered entirely
>every now and then get back pains
>get back pain while doing cardio two days ago
>rest it yesterday
>still have back pain today
>not sure if I should risk it and go for more cardio now
what do

/FAT/ I AM MAD EXPLAIN TO ME
i am 88kg and 188 cm at a fat percentage of 16%. wanted to lose 10 kg in 2 months so i did everything you told me. I was ordered to eat 1600 kcal a day but i pushed the limits and did 1450 kcal avarage. I went to the gym 3 times a week and also went runnning for 2 days a week. I AM A MONTH IN BUT WHY TF DO I STILL LOOK THE SAME AND HAVE I LOST JUST 1 KG. LOSERTOWN SAID I WOULD BE 82 KG BY NOW

>Started at 5'9", 231 lbs
>Down to 183 after a year just dieting
>About 20lb more to go and I'm at goal weight
>Start a new job tomorrow that has a gym basically down the corridor from my office

So is now the time to finally hit up a gym, or should I wait for the last of this fat to slough off me first? It feels like it's be wasted because I'm eating so little, there's no way I'm going to build any muscle. And cardio is no fun when you're fat.

183cm M
Started lifting and dieting at 138kg march 1st, did 1 month of 1800~ normal macros and lost about uh.. 2kg? Half of April I started keto, now i'm down to 133 and been there for 3 weeks. I eat < 20g carbs (all from broccoli and green shit) and 1500 kcal. This should be a huge deficit yet nothing is really changing. What gives? Workouts are really hard and tire me out, currently 115kg squats/dl for reps and 70kg bench. Why am i not shedding fat like a motherfucked fronds?

Are you only eating shit food? Did you up your water intake? Do you do any cardio, or only lifts? Do you work out hard, or just dick around for 20 minutes?
Watch what the fuck you eat and walk/cycle most places. Lifting helps but if you want fast results like that you need to also add cardio.
What lifestyle did you put in when you did your losertown calc? You probably overestimated and you're probably not measuring your food correctly/not being truthful about what you eat. Log EVERYTHING you put in your mouth. A spoonful of bbq sauce doesn't seem like much but it adds up.
If you are lifting hard and doing the right thing, take a photo of yourself today and keep going. A month from now do the same thing and if you don't see results you need to change

(please reply)

I dont really know but maybe your muscle mass increased but you just dont see it becaus of the fat

My muscle mass ha certainly increased but I don't think I could gain as fast as I'm losing, especially on a 1k+ deficit. Also visually there aren't many improvements. Feels bad man.

See a chiropractic.

I put everything i ate directly after eating in an app and the results are in the picture. Also when i gym it is almost everytime 30m running and 1 hour exersizes with weights.

Forgot the pic

My next 3 lunches, 400 kcal each

Translation
Energie=energy
Vet=fat
Verzadigd vet=saturated fat
Eiwit=protein
Koolhydraten=carbs
Vezels=fibers
Zout=salt

>speaking swampgerman
Alter...

Maybe try taking a cheat week, and eat at maintenance. I've heard it helps your metabolism catch up, but I'm no expert tbqhwy

Cute cup

is that quinoa or couscous

considered seeking help but I don't know what to tell them. that I failed blowing myself off? no way.

plus I'm asking if I should take the risk today

Tell me /fat/, does life get better after losing weight?

Been fat my whole life, current 183cm and 92.5kg, was 100kg at start. Aiming for 85ish by the fall, before school starts. I just want my health (and love life) to improve, /fat/bros.

You should always be honest with your doctor. Everything's confidential, anyways. Besides, an accurate recount could aid them in figuring out which vertebrae you fucked up.

thanks.

now, for today?

Do bodyweight exercises if cardio is bothering you. Pushups and pullups could help straighten your back if using proper form.

this

but I'm on a suicide cut right now and really want that cardio

fuck it, I'll just run until my back can't take it anymore then pay for massage tomorrow

You're probably gaining muscle mass then. Do you take your measurements ever?

Also how tall are you?

>went to the store today
>wanted ice cream so bad
>huge 5lb bag of sour gummie worms on sale
>salsa and chips craving
>tons of sweets/donuts/cookies/cake being made for mommies day
>only bought what was on my list

I feel weak brehs

>swampgerman
What the fug is this?

Not him, but I thought you only gain muscle mass if you eat at a excess calorie thing. Shouldn't that not happen if you're eating at a deficit?

>Guys I need advice halp!!!!!
>Gets sound advice that could help prevent serious injury
>Nah I'll just do what I want and possibly fuck myself up
Why even ask?

So you didn't buy any of that shit? Damn man, good on you for staying strong. You're gonna make it.

Right. Didn't think about that since I usually only cut.

Sour gummies sound so damn good though I'm still thinking about them.
but I've been losing so much weight lately and when I thought about plateauing again I walked by.

30lbs more and I'm good to go

As a beginner and a land whale you can gain muscle mass on a cut. The best time to lift is right when you start dieting. You'll get more gains much faster than a skelly.

WiiFit and Zumba.

I'm genuinely proud of you, my man. Good job.

while I forgot to initially mention my suicide cut I expected something like
>take it easy and stop if it get worse
>rest another day and decrease your calorie intake for today
>just do it fatty

Seeking validation to do stupid shit so he doesn't have to own it by himself.

Looks good. What's the recipe?

Buy ketostix and make sure you're actually in ketosis. You should've blasted water like a sick bastard by now.

Drink like half a gallon of water a day too and make sure your protein isn't exceeding around 150g or else it converts to glucose and kicks you out of ketosis.

Otherwise make sure you're recording everything properly. Odd that you're not losing.

Always workout on a cut. Its slow but its worth it. Dividing up the labor by cutting to your goal and then lifting is... weird to me, but different strokes for different folks.

Start tomorrow. You'll be surprised.

But you'd still lose weight right? Your body just reutilizes the given intake resources into more muscles mass?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this while keeping the fundamental thermodynamic laws and shit (basically cico)

Yeah, at my gym you can weigh yourself with a special scale.(idk how accurate it is). This is an example (old one but the first i could find.
188cm

Yes you would. Muscle weight wouldn't make your bodyweight fluctuate that much. It takes months and months.

Yeah, I should have.

I don't think I can find ketostix in jewroop but my piss smells foul so I probably am in ketosis. I drink at least 2.5 liters per day of water and meticulously log shit on MFP. It's been teeling me for 1 month and a half that i'll be 124 in 5 weeks ;_; I wish.

By measurements I meant the circumference of your waist, arms, things, hips, etc.
You don't need a fancy scale for that. Just go spend a dollar or two on a seamstress measuring tape

>Basically, if you have hormone issues then you'll always have some fat that will seem impossible to get rid of. For me it was my love handles, even at 15% bodyfat I was looking pretty fat because of the handles. And because hormone problems prevent you from building muscle effectively, you'll always look fatter than you actually are. Better get your shit fixed before getting frustrated.

This is me, how do I fix it

I had been stalled for a week after good losses doing keto IF for a month or 2
so I recarbed on my birthday and the next day went to a Basque restaurant
fucking ate everything that was keto friendly. veg soup , salad with fatty dressing , goat stew , prime rib .
scale goes down !

So I started Keto about 3 weeks ago and it's done amazing things, I've dropped INCHES and about 10-15lbs

But I've plateaued I think or I'm fucking up cuz I'm not leaving that much of a deficit for myself (400-100 calories).

Now, I'm also trying to get to where I can join the police department, my workout plan is a monday-friday split with cardio three times a week including HIIT.

My question is, is it safe to move into TKD or CKD and give a dose of carbs to my body this early or is it jumping the gun?

>TLDR: TKD/CKD, three weeks into keto and about to do lots of cardio and calsthetics, what do?

>188cm
>LENGTE 187.0cm

>fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

just came out at 39% bf

surely I'm doing this wrong

Is this what they call "body dysmorphia?"

I was 92kg in September 2016

This is the best feeling, it feels better than any food I can think of, everything has been worth it and I can't wait to continue on this journey

L O N D O N ?
O
N
D
O
N

Ohh like that, no i dont but its a good idea so i will
0_0 i got exposed.

One of you people a few days ago mentioned you liked to make pancakes with just eggs and bananas. I made the mistake of trying this. Never again

>blokes
>wearing nailpolish
well they keep saying it's 2017..

just checked where the smallest part of the waist is. looks like I measured correctly. 39% bf it is.

seeya in 20kg

Cut's been successful. -11 lbs. from last week.
Only 90 more to go.

it was me, what the fuck did you do??

blend one egg and one banana. cook thinner pancakes on low heat for a good while. i can clearly see that your shit is uncooked as fuck.

get better.

It's honestly funnier telling them the truth.

"I'm just counting calories and going to the gym."

They always wait for a follow up like I have some kind of magical fad diet or don't know what else to say like I have some kind of ancient secret.

>low heat
That was my mistake. I did it on high because I thought that is how you make pancakes. But then I got scared that I might burn my pan so I ended up making that disaster. It wasn't undercooked though. Also my bananas weren't as ripe as they should have been

put oil in the pan

also, i think using a blender and ripe bananas make a lot of difference.

>implying bloke

Never really browsed Veeky Forums before. I've managed to lose about 50 pounds with good ol excersize and calories in out whatever, but I feel like I've gotten stagnant. I'm stuck at 190 limbo. Any advice? I don't want to get stuck.

>Store had so much chocolate candy marked down to $0.50.
>Went in and only bought eggs, cashews, peanut butter powder, cottage cheese, chicken breasts
>Kept passing by that isle though, but didn't buy it

Good lord, why do they have all that candy on sale?

Cut more calories do more exercise.

I did blend it, but I think the unripe bananas really did make it worse. Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow.

read the sticky

recalcuate TDEE and eat less

its satans trick to break the weak. good thing you didnt fall for it.

printing this out and sticking it on the wall

seeya jan 1st f-friends

Has anyone tried water fasting? How did that go?

It's stupid to do for more than 24-72 hours and any exercise will suffer. If you have a life (ie work, school, gym, and so on) it's not feasible and shouldn't even be attempted.

If you're a NEET and don't work out go for it.

it's worth a try user

get those sugarless gummies that make you shit yourself if you eat too many

Ketosticks is just a waste of money. Cut your carbs and you should be in ketosis within a day. Have you checked your macros recently?

>protein is the goal
>carbs is the limit
>fat is for satiety

it's fucking criminal how inexpensive sugar is. i don't know how the fuck a massive bag of mini snickers can be like $2

>been looking forward to my cheat day for almost 6 months
>terrified about actually having it now that i have less than a week left until it comes

i'm not sure what i should do. i feel like i really need one but i also don't want to see the scale go up 6 pounds the next day.

You'd need to eat 18,000 calories for that to happen, not including your TDEE.

Just as it takes time to lose weight, it takes time to gain it.

this. if you're going to keep up a good diet for the rest of your life (which you should), you need to learn how to do things in moderation and allow yourself to live. A cheat day and a slip-up now and then won't ruin you.

don't be afraid of food, user. it's unhealthy.

You could start the day off normally, then absolutely destroy it in the evening. Food, beer, desert everything. No cheating in six months is amazing, I barely last a week

>local sale on yogurt
>kid-friendly, all-organic, two compartments of yoghurt and granola
>buy a shitton
>get home
>have one
>scan with MFP as always
>mfw when 380kcal per 100g

should have checked before i bought

Veel te veel koolhydraten neger, hou ze rond de 80. Eiwitten moeten omhoog; voor jou rond de 120

>neger

are the atkins frozen dinners acceptable during keto? i just hate having to prep 3 complicated meals a day. having one of these for my lunch would really make it easier on me.

Instead of having a cheat day why don't you just wait until a social situation arises or you go for a meal with family? Having a cheat day alone to reward yourself is basically just a waste

>just wait until a social situation arises

what is the fat food you keep thinking about?

i want burritos. every single day i think about them. Fucking full of sour cream. goddamn.

This except don't eat in the morning and should fuck shit up at night. Have some bros over and get hammered, eat like shit, live life a little.

Tbh you could be a madman and starve yourself in the morning and afternoon, and come evening time go crazy

kek

>true though

Weekly weigh-in day! 3 more weeks until I go on vacation, can I make it to 80kg?

>back didn't act up during cardio
>lost 300 extra calories today
thank god for not listening to that user

>Tell me /fat/, does life get better after losing weight?
Not really. Once you give up shit food and kill the last pleasure of life, you feel the the freedom that only the miserable know.
After that, things can't possibly get worse, which means that everything's going to get better!

Cut out sugar. Do it now. It will suck the first week and you will want to die but you can replace it with salt or fat if need be. Eventually you will find sweetness to be overpowering and repulsive. I had to force myself off sugars, but now I don't even crave them.