Anyone try blood flow restriction training?

Anyone try blood flow restriction training?

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1475-097X.2010.00927.x/abstract
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have yet to try it but I have done my research and am preparing to try it.

What do you want to know OP?

Not op but can you give us a quick rundown ?

No. Do your own research first and then ask questions. Someone else may be more generous.

Does the benefits are worth the potential risk ? No way there is no negative consequence from this shit

Enjoy your future bloodclots.

You going to run it during a hypertrophy lean bulk?

Why not train with over 20% 1RM load?

Aspirin?

What negatives are you talking about? If you mean
It doesn't increase markers of blood clot formation.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1475-097X.2010.00927.x/abstract
>However, neither markers of thrombin generation nor intravascular clot formation increased after the exercises. These results suggest that low-intensity resistance exercise with BFR does not activate coagulation system in healthy subjects.

I do it as a part of my physical therapy practice.
Works great for gaining muscles, especially in the legs.

We ran down a study of 17 subjects, 8 on regular exercise regime , and 9 on BFR.

The group with BFR performed better in both strength tests (standardized GMS testing) and muscle volume increase (12% more than the other group) .

The study was only 4 weeks, so the results with BFR were actually good.
Go for it, if you can afford a BFR machine that is. Without it you won't be able to accurately measure the "amount of restriction" you are applying to your extremities

You ought to run it in a non catabolic state as far as I can see. I can't see the positives of running it on a cut.

It's usually in sets of 20 to 40 reps which is like 50% to 60% of 1rm.

I partially want to see if it works. It seems like an interesting way to not tax yourself as much but also to make pretty damn big gains later on in your lifting life. It also fits in as a way to train a more endurance range which I like to do every so often, although I've gotten v mixed messages of whether it improves slow or fast twitch.

Why are you holding off on training with it?

So dint go for it if I can't afford it? Why wouldn't regular bands or belts work? Even if I can quantify pressure?

The cheap way of doing is with knee wraps. There's research out on using those.

Otherwise you can just use a blood pressure monitor cuff, tho finding ones for your leg can be difficult. You've also got to be somewhat aware of differences in leg pressure and different cuff dimensions sometimes giving different readings, although there are some companies out there making decent but cheap(ish) devices.

What
said is generally the cheap version, but not always suitable.
My experience with ppl who use wraps/belts is that they have difficulty tracking the amount of pressure. It can be tracked on belts if you use a marker, but on elastic wraps it's nearly impossible to wrap it all the same.

So, I'd suggest looking into the cheaper options, cause imho, the BFR is as much of a business as anything . The machinery does the same thing that a blood pressure aparatus did for years, it just comes with a handier monitor and costs around $2-300 which is a total rip-off

I injured myself at the end of last year (I stepped on something sharp and it took forever to heal) so that's put some stuff back a bit between making up for lost gains and not being able to lift and so on. I intend to run over some of the summer a 20 rep squat routine to get my numbers up and get some enduranceish gains, then to do something a bit more intense again (probably a peaking cycle as I'd be interested to see whether I retain better with BFR training). I'm also tempted to try it with compound exercises rather than machines. And I'm still researching here and there, I saw some discussion of using it with isokinetic stretches in the rest between sets (really not sure on this one tho), stuff like that I'm still looking into.

Think the difference in results is worth the difference in cost?

I doubt that there'll be a significant difference in results, so I'd go for the cheaper version myself.

In fact, if we didn't get it as a gift in my practice, we would've never bought it for that price.

So go for a belt .

If you mean, btw, why not use a heavier load for bfr training you just can't. Heavier load acutely increases blood pressure too much and you'd end up with full oclusion. I think typical mmHg for 5rm is 1000 but bfr is typically around 200-250.

Ahh, any tips for training BFR?

>le men have it worse than women :((((( meme

back to /pol/, drumpf fags

I started exercising with a belt around my neck four weeks ago, and I've already put on 20 pounds of lean muscle.

I've only tried a couple of sessions after I first heard of it. I'm this guy
Have yet to run it longer than a week.

From that limited experience:
Do something that requires you to push yourself mentally, even if it's just something like running a half marathon or hitting high rep pull ups or something. My pain response is somewhat screwed up, but I would imagine some people might call it painful. I would say it's pretty fatigueing at least.

Pick a weight you can do 30 or 40 reps with for whatever movement you're doing, that way it doesn't matter so much if you have to lower the number a bit to get through it. It's not all that bad but it is surprisingly more tiring than you might expect.

Keep it on in between sets. Try to keep the whole session below 10 minutes or so.

You will get an amazing pump.

Is that what David Carradine was doing?

Lol it doesn't matter what your political affiliations are, claiming that Amy Schumer has a "knockout" body in that picture is just objectively wrong

>too much eating gilbert grape
BUT LEO WASN'T GILBERT RRREEEEEEE

>what is projecting?

This just has sketchy written all over it. I'd recommend double stimulation training any day over this.

Increase that sample size then we can talk

>Amy Schumer's "Knockout figure"
wew lads.

Don't be a cunt. You started the discussion.

HAES (only if you have a vagina)

>20 reps
>60% of your 1rm

Nigger you must be doing your 1rms blood, air and weight restricted to have 1rms that fucking low.