/plg/ powerlifting general

/plg/ powerlifting general

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlifting-ipf.com/rulescodesinfo/approved-list.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

exterminate

Delete and make a new one

Why?

Hey guys. My friend asked me a few months ago about the best routine bla bla bla, what every noob asks. He read the sticky and did SS with some assistance but now his workouts are taking too long and he only has 45 minutes to workout (work and uni). I know wich FB programs are solid but I don't know about FB short 45' ones. I assume you do a lot of supersets and short rest but no idea about excercise selection.

Any help would be awesome.

Somethin ain't right here...

I fucking love sumo and i dont care who knows!!!

reminder that having le long legs and short torso = good conventional is a meme

what the fuck do they put in monster drinks that keep me wired for so long? caffeine pills or coffee etc with the same caffeine content would not still have me wired like this

i know they put other shit in it like vitamins and shit but i thought that was just a meme

powerlifting-ipf.com/rulescodesinfo/approved-list.html

I need a belt, any advice, lads?

What is preworkout like c4 supposed to feel like? I tried it for the first time today and i didnt really feel anything.

I never take any caffeine or sips or stims

C4 sucks. I need 4 scoops for it to do anything for me. Get a new better preworkout or take more of it

There's niggers in the op that's why

I want to stay natty so i dont want to start taking preworkout i just borrowed a scoop from my friend hopefully i didnt lose my natty card

I felt kinda tingly from c4 but I didn't get any energy from it. Don't think it's a good pre at all desu.

>Need multiple belt tightnesses for different lifts
Prong or quick release

>Like cranking it tight and taking it on and off easily
Lever or quick release

>Don't want to deal with maintenance (tightening screws and such)
Prong or quick release

>10 or 13 mm
13 mm is more supportive, 10 mm will interfere with your mobility less. Not everyone has issues with belts interfering with their mobility/getting into position.

>Tapered
Just no

Thanks, would probably go with a 10mm since it's my first belt. Single or double prong?

how do u guys program board presses? i dont find that i have any sicking points currently, so im just playing around with different accessories. i did close grip board presses at ~10 lbs over my close grip 1rm for 2x3, and really liked it. if i push the weight on it what carryover can i expect to my bench?

Your first belt will last you a pretty time man. Single will be easier to take off. Not aware of any advantages of the double over the single desu.

Sniffing ammonia is the best preworkout

Pretty long time*

Alright, thanks.

discovered that my isleyesque squat was because of weak glutes. been doing some glute bridge holds and focusing on keeping my knees out. my butt is chronically sore but squat feels fantastic. Reminder to do your glute work

reply to this post or trappychan dies in her sleep tonight

>her

>him

rest in peace rafael

how was everyone's weekend?
got any big plans for the week?

Kills brain cells

I take C4 and don't get tingly. Though I don't feel super energetic after taking it or anything.

Though THAT might just be because I've been taking it every workout for so long I have to stack six scoops with the 9 volt battery to feel a buzz.

dont need em

C4 makes me shit my brains out and feel awful.

>tfw tried C4 once on squat day
>tfw had to run to take a shit between every set

grapefruit juice contains enzymes(?) that prolong and enhance the effect of caffeine, they probably have an isolate of that in there

what habened

Esmeralda?

Trappy?

1. can nuckols 3x a week int med bench be done indefinitely/until it dries up?

2. is sheiko good for builing good strength/size or is it only really designed for peaking on the platform/not sustainable gains?

thanks

How does /plg/ work around life events and demands?
And how can I work on improving my recovery speed?
I'm going to start up working graveyard package handling at a shipping company. I'm going to try and continue lifting as my rest and schedule allow, but I'll be disappointed if I have to cut back on time in the gym.

Is there anything that I can do to deliberately improve my rate of recovery in between sessions, accounting for the fact that I'll have physically demanding work and possibly some sleep cycle disturbance?

if you bulk on sheiko you will get fucking huge

I went from 181 to 215 in a year and now Im back at 193 at 12% BF

I dont think Ill compete 181 again, woops :)

if i was you i'd take advantage of the extra work by ramping up my food intake a LOT

thank you

steroids

other than that, sleeping and eating

make sure to do hypertrophy and deload after every 3 month peak

like please do not jump right on 29 again

Kek

oh yeah that was another question - i got the all sheikos spreadsheet and dunno what the fuck all the different numbers mean like 29/30...what did he mean by this?

DYEL here

When I lift I a warm up set with a bar then I add about 10kg then add about 5kg until I get to around 40kg but by then I'm four sets in

How should I go about getting my heavier weights, should I warm up with the bar then go straight to 40kg or 30 to 40kg

read some online guides

29 is the starting program

31 is a good middle and I think 32 or 37 is a peaking program. most guides recommend 29, 32, 37 or something

Id recommend sheiko beginner unless youre already having a class I or elite total

Warmup sets dont count as sets. Do as many as you can without getting tired.

ok cool man, thanks

Just remember, you can sub 80% for meaning RPE 8.

except 90--95% is not 9.5 RPE, haha.

how I siurvived is I got a poster of sheiko in my room and a cuddle pillow with print and told myself "he only hurts me because he wants me to be stronger"

>29, 32, 37
What? 32 is a peaking block, 37 an introductory accumulation block. This order makes no sense.

Probably the most common Sheiko program is 37-30-32. It's the "sheiko for under 80kg" one on the sheiko forums.
Apart from that you can just download all of trappy's sheiko spreadsheets that get dumped on /plg/ a lot.

>each day I go to bed I keep sleeping less
I swear I just had my eyes closed for 5 hours without calling asleep once

Falling* REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AUTOCORRECT DON'T FUCK WITH ME NOW

>*trappy
*Rafael, gay lover of sean o'neil and child predator.

I had that issue. Try staying awake for 2-3 days and you'll fall back into an okaaayish sleeping pattern.

That's literary the only thing that worked other than daily medication

My nose and throat are fucked and why I can't sleep, so that probably won't help me. Plus I have summer classes that I need to focus on. RIP

Bull spunk
That's what taurine is anyway

Doing less volume today because of max attempts on friday. Going to be a disappointing workout tonight, but I guess friday's will be even better so it evens out.

Squat
Squat Assistance
Bench
Dip
Chin

Squat
Bench
Dip
DL

Squat
Squat Assistance
Bench
Dip
Chin

Am I fucking up by not doing curls/extensions and rows?

yes you should do rows and extensions.

What are the advantages hitting lower twice and then upper 3 times over alternating them?

Just ease for me and saves time. I like doing my squat assistance right after squatting and I'm loose.

What is the secret behind sheiko working? Also, can i still gain on sheiko if i don't inflate?

Has anybody else here had shite xperience with sheiko peaking blocks?

The secret of Sheiko working is in whether it is an appropriate amount of volume and frequency for you relative to your training history. If that's true, then doing lots of submaximal reps will refine your technique a lot.

I wonder if the people who don't have great experiences with the Sheiko peaking blocks are also the people who are actually doing a significant amount of volume for the first time, so the peak isn't actually sufficient to dissipate all the fatigue.

These are the people who have to two plate benches LOL

>What is the secret behind sheiko working? Also, can i still gain on sheiko if i don't inflate?
Tons of submaximal volume and specificity of lifts improve your lifting economy. Inflate your Maxes if you think you can handle it but you should give it a couple weeks first for the fatigue to set in and break your dick
>Has anybody else here had shite xperience with sheiko peaking blocks?
Most of the genetic dead ends around here that I've run it see some gains but then they burn out. Use it for big meet prep but it shouldn't be the program you run year round

How common is 3/4/5 in most commercial gyms for 1rm? I'm weak, and did sheiko intermediate high load for a while but eventually switched to train for aesthetics. While the program was fatiguing, especially after 3 cycles back to back with only one week inbetween to test new maxes, i can think of a number of things that are way more taxing than doing sheiko. Drinking half a gallon of milk in the gym while doing it basiically solved the problem of the mid-session headaces and cold sweats.

If you get stronger in a pre fatigued lift, you will be stronger when not fatigued for that lift.

Consider kys.

If you think that's the only mechanism at play when running that kind of programming then you're retarded

My squat is a weak point compared to my bench, why would I not squat first?

Why do so many natty power lifters who are about 200lb look so small, silent mike benched 4plate and DL 700 or 800lb. Yet he looks like a fairly average guy.

Is it just because they are not on gear they look kind average? Is there any examples of actually natty bodybuilders in clothes so see if they look small too.

in pictures maybe, hes not that shredded.
Irl hes thick as shit, just look at those wrists

his pencil neck creates the illusion that hes smaller than he really is

also what makes you think hes natty lmao

Is it just the pictures that make them look small, i mean he is 225lb and 5ft9 and clearly not that fat he should look huge.

Yeah, Silent Mike is not fuckin small. If you put him next to Mark, maybe he looks sort of small, but Mark's been on roids for like 20 years

He looks kinda small in his videos, like his arms look small on his frame and he looks like a fridge.

His Instagram pic makes him look a lot better.

Ah no I figured it out, his head is huge

Squishing some Norman khan out of my asshole right now, it's not as thick as it usually is.. A bit more water and it probably would have been a direaha mess.. Needless to say this is the type of Norman khan that has you wiping for days

Ahhhh just let a couple more drop in the toilet

Ooh make that a lot more thy really are
Coming out furiously

Took a sean o'neil this morning.

Felt like a wasted life leaking out of my bum.

Lmaoing at anyone being memed to death doing shieko instead of a truly effective powerlifting program like Dietmar.

Don't copy my meme again Dino

Is smolov jr legit for bench or not?

I remember trying it a few years ago but i was stupid and did it whilst cutting, then went straight to a bro split after.

What makes deitmar better?

It works, just have to be careful and not do too much other upper body work

How would you run it? Would you include squats + DL still too?

Could i add the Smolov jr for bench template and C6W lower days.

I'd run it with something that's fairly manageable with the bench since I'd want it to be my main focus. I would include squats and deads. C6W lower + smolov Jr might be a bit much, especially the first two weeks, unless your recovery, food, and sleep are on point.

+ greg nuckols 28 free 1x squat/dead

look at those beautiful variation exercises

Never doing a comp bench or comp deadlift for 8 weeks is what gives it it's strength

Thanks guys.

>sheiko M W F
>back, arms, and mobility work on Tuesday and Saturday
>Sunday and Thursday rest days

Been doing this a few weeks now and it seems good. Recovering enough and not burnt out, been lifting a few years so I'm used to high volume. Is this sustainable? I feel like sheiko doesn't have nearly enough pulling movements to offset all the pressing.

Fuck off /pol/

Has anybody watched EPF equipped 120kg and 120+? It really left me puzzled... How in the world can you compete for 10+ years yet cant reach depth for your opener? And then fucking bomb out on squats because all 3 are high? I mean the judges were not even unreasonable, they really didnt hit depth and even the ones that did were borderline most of the time. Isley or somebody else who knows this, is equipment really so tricky that even training under Dietmeme you barely make your opener giving a 11/10 effort?
This really was quite a shitshow. I have to give credit to the Ukraine team though, they were absolute beasts.

The suits and shirts are really, really stiff and it is very very difficult to hit depth/ touch your chest. My raw bench is 120kg and i couldn't even get close to my chest with 190kg in George's shirt, and 180kg in my own shirt.

A lot of people will also use brand new kit at high level meets, so it's not broken in and even more stiff than usual. The ukrainian/eastern european countries seem to be on another level with their skill in the kit, probably because they focus on it more than raw.

One last question, how much should you increase the weight each week.

It says 2.5 to 5kg but 2.5 puts you at 95% of your max for 3 which i could do from the start.

>tfw woke up with cyst on face on sunday
>tfw had to have surgery on sunday and today
>tfw no lifting
>tfw have to take antibiotics
>tfw only 300 wilks
>tfw small wrists
>tfw no gf
honestly might kysms Tbh

how much do you bench right now

I suspected something like new kit but I cant understand it. In raw pl its common practice to refine your technique and use good technique even with low weights. You try to do everything the same way everytime you lift so that when you step on the platform you dont even have to think about it and just do as always with an opener you can hit with ease.
What is different in equipped pl that you can jusitfy saying "oh wow I never practised in this very hard to use thing, better wear it for competition I guess" ?
And on your first point: I know its hard to touch/ hit depth in kit, but so do the lifters and the coaches. Why not wear it a bit looser and at least get a total? Hitting depth shouldnt be your goal, it should be an absolute given part of the lift.

120kg for 1 and 110kg for 4.

Go by how you feel, it's a lot of volume man. 95% for 10x3 won't exactly be easy.

I know the vast majority of these feels. Don't hop back into lifting too early and tear a muscle like Duffin :^)

>Justification
It's hard to hit depth or touch anyway, so yolo :^). You can make a total by opening raw as well.

>It's hard to hit depth or touch anyway
not if you squat highbar

There a great degree of uncertainty when using kit as well. A small deviation off the necessary bar path will often mean you miss the lift or don't make depth. Sometimes i miss equipped benches i know i can get to a 2 board and have done in the past because my bar path is just slightly off, and i end up losing most of the pop from the shirt.

To answer your question about what the biggest difference is, i think it is the intensity/ loads you use. If you are using weights in training that you can always touch/hit depth with in full kit the intensity is going to be so high you a) won't be able to do an effective amount of volume and b) it will fatigue you so fast that you'll burn out very quickly.

>95% for 10x3 won't exactly be easy

desu 95% for 1x3 isn't possible if you're using a true max