Height Gains after 25?

I know my bones won't grow anymore. But I've been watching Mike Mew and he talks about how stroke and ALS victims end up with deformed skeletons due to the loss of posture throughout their body.

When we think of posture, we only think about straightening our backs. However, posture is more generally how your muscle tissue sits on your bones.

It might be that I actually have the skeleton of a 5'10 man, but my muscles have poor posture (particularly in my legs), causing me to be 5'7.

What got me thinking is that I've always had very thick quads, glutes, hamstrings, and calves; despite being very weak on leg exercises. I've also have very thick knees. On top of that, my brother is 6'1, my parents and 6'0 and 5'4, and my sister is 5'5, so it never made sense to me why I'm short. Also I only became a short guy in high school, right around 15, when I just never got taller. Could it be that my facia never stretched properly, and my leg muscles lack the strength to stand erect and long against my bones?

What I'm thinking is doing 30 minutes of yoga/stretching 6 days a week, plus foam rolling every morning, as part of warm up, as part of cool down, and before bed (total of 4 times per day) to essentially make my leg and back muscles longer.

Tell me if you think my plan sounds retarded. Has anyone ever grown after 25?

Other urls found in this thread:

walktallshoes.com/grow-taller-exercises.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't think it will help, but it's worth a shot if you think it will make you happy, man

I'm 18 and 5'10, will this work?

I already stretch every day for mobility

the gains will probably be a quarter of an inch at most.

My grandfather apparently put on 2" of height between 20 and 22, but that's the latest I've ever heard of anyone growing.

Thing is, your growth plates have closed at 25. Good posture will help make you appear taller, and the confidence that it exudes helps bump up perceived height.

But the idea it's your fascia in your legs are reducing height is silly, everyone stands with their knees locked out as it is the most energetically efficient method of standing.

What you should be doing is shoulder and back exercises to pull your scapula back and keep your head up.

I gained 2cm from correcting my anterior pelvic tilt.

Or I should rephrase, I recovered 2cm from fixing my shitty posture.

Is there, like, a "height max" routine?

How did you actually fix it, I've been trying to fix it for like 3 months and not having a lot of results. I've been working my abs, doing streches and working my hamstrings

>being insane about your height because of coming to this board

dude just drop it

im balding, i started balding at 19, i have big natural bitch tits not from being fat or roids, i have a bunch of issues with my bones and joints and shit, i got cancer, i have mental brain problems, i'm slightly under 5'8

and its ok.

If you can get your muscles standing up straighter, and you were suddenly 5'10, I'll bet half of that other shit goes away. Especially the mental issues, the joint issues. Possible the cancer.

There are many different techniques, but I treid this meditation technique to change my body into a taller one.

>stand in the middle of a cool room
>close my eyes, breathe deeply
>try to imagine a force making all my bones grow in length
>try to feel myself floating and getting taller
>whisper the words "grow, grow, grow" as im doing it.

...bro...

This can't possibly wor--

Oh shit, now I'm 6'3

>i have big natural bitch tits not from being fat or roids
Is your name Alexander Gordon Jahans?

Always had a good posture, so i dont think its related to it, but i've went from 1.80 to 1.82 (5'11 to almost 6') in a month by stretching three times a day, in the morning, in the middle of the day and before going to sleep.

I took the excercises from here: walktallshoes.com/grow-taller-exercises.html

Always a routine of 1-2-3-5-7-8 and then i hang for about a minute. Plus this i also started jumping the rope twice a day everyday.

So give it a try user and good luck.

You compress throughout the day, best bet is to stretch and then never get out of bed.

Great stuff!

Looking to compile a total height-gain routine.

Look into bone morphogenic protein 7

>GET A HANDSOME FACE USING MY NEW TECHNIQUES!
>GET TALLER USING MY TECHNIQUES!
it was bait then, it's bait now (((obviously))).

>Mew
>bait

Just because youre okay with looking like shit it doesnt mean that everyone should also be like you

I love this one.

>It might be that I actually have the skeleton of a 5'10 man, but my muscles have poor posture (particularly in my legs), causing me to be 5'7.

That's probably too optimistic, more like 1-2 cm at best. For posture gains deadlifts with good form (don't do webm related) and overhead squat (requires great mobility but will straighten/strengthen your back like no other exercise). And no, nobody has ever grown past 25, even those GH secreting tumors.