Eating raw fish regularly

Bros, please red-pill me on raw fish.

For me, it seems more palatable and perhaps easier to eat more. Plus it's easier than cooking fish all the time.

Is it safe? Is it hard to do? Where would I buy it and how would I store it? I would like to start eating raw fish every day for lunch at work.

>Is it safe?
yes
>Is it hard to do?
you chew it then you swallow
> Where would I buy it
literally any grocery store
>how would I store it?
in the fridge for short term, in the freezer for long term

user did you stop to think before you asked these questions?

You need to buy sashimi-grade fish to eat it raw safely. And that's expensive as fuck. My whole foods sells it from a special freezer. You've got to eat it within 24 hours of taking it home as your home freezer isnt' good enough.

no you fucking don't. eating fish raw is a very traditional food in any scandinavian country. you just go up to the counter and you buy a piece of fish and eat it. well, you cut it up to slices, put salt on it and eat it. literally all it takes.

"sashimi-grade" sounds like a meme used to milk stupid americans out of their monies

Freezing it then eating it is safest, you should be fine as long as you do

lol enjoy your worms eating your gains scandiefag

All "sushi-grade" fish has actually been frozen or flash frozen to kill bacteria/worms. There is a misconception that sushi is always fresh and never frozen when in fact it's the opposite and has to be frozen. Now, you can just go to cosco and buy some frozen salmon, thaw it and eat it. But the problem is that stuff often isn't frozen and served for the ideal times to be made for sushi. It is intended to be cooked so you aren't guaranteed to get the ideal sushi quality you would expect.

You can go to your local supermarket and just pick out a very fresh local fish (there are ways to identify how fresh it is, google it) and then freeze it yourself. Only thing is it has to be at certain temperatures which your everyday freezer may not hit.

So sushi-grade isn't a meme, but it isn't necessary. Don't just eat any old fish raw if you want to avoid worms.

>obviously has never fished in his life before.

you people have been distanced from nature by your doctor tv shows selling you scares to get you to watch ads

here's how it works:
fisherman goes to sea
fisherman catches fish
fisherman puts fish into a box of ice
box of ice goes on a truck
truck arrives at grocery store
grocery store sells you the fish
you eat the fish

at what point is it supposed to be """graded"""? it's fucking fish. not only have people been eating it for millions of years but in these SAFEST COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD with HIGH FOOD REGULATIONS it is commonly sold to MILLIONS OF PEOPLE daily and no one blinks an eye. because we're not memed americans.

OP here. What type of parasites are we talking about here? Life threatening or minor inconvenience? What is the probability of contracting these parasites -- 1/10, 1/100, 1/1000?

careful with the shit you buy, like I said. A lot of it has been in transport for a while and is no where near the caliber to be used as sushi. You can get away with using stuff a little older because it is intended to be fried.

My brother got very sick eating just any old cut of tuna from the supermarket as sushi.

sushi, sushi, sushi. you see raw fish as sushi because for you the concept of raw food is something known only through this relatively new and strange exotic dish. a dish that became popular after your people had already gotten used to frozen TV dinners and food paste so it only makes sense the jews saw an opportunity to slap a "grading" sticker on it and sell it at double the price.

here in the old country we've been eating raw fish literally since from before the first colonies were set on america. so it is not exotic and there is no scare. it's just food.

And well I live in the middle of butt fuck nowhere in NA, I don't have the luxury of hand catching a fish from my own backyard. If I go to the market and buy fish and just eat it, if I am lucky, I'll probably just get sick, if I am unlucky, I'll get some nice worms.

So I wouldn't advice most people to just fuck their shit up for the sake of it. You have to ensure if it was frozen before hand, how it was handled and the freshness.

I would find a new grocery store if I couldn't even trust their fish.

But I guess it is true US has some heavily landlocked areas. That's why they put it on ice and refridgerated trucks for transport though.

>Memed americans
top kek

>We've been eating raw fish since always
>No one in the history of our people has ever gotten sick from this ever ever ever times a million
>Believe me guys Im not a stupid faggot

Is it halal akhi?

I'm a radiologist and there was one guy I was taking echocardiographies on that completely changed my view on sushi and raw anything. I don't know the name of what it was, but it was some helminth or worm or something, and i was just ordered to take the echo. The doctor happened to be in the room at the time, it was ICU so it's not that uncommon. He basically told the guy that even if we kill the bug, it had been eating his heart muscle tissue for nearly a week, and had caused extensive damage that lead to several risks should he even survive long enough for antibiotics to work. If he exerted himself, the heart wall was thin enough that excess strain risked rupture and subsequent death. Dude was in his 30's and now had the heart of an 80 year old because he decided to eat raw meat and got lucky. Never eat anything raw after that.

people can get sick from anything obviously. but there is no association of raw fish and some "HIGH RISK FOOD" because it's not exotic

>Aloha-user
>Eat raw tuna that was pulled out of the ocean an hour ago
>Wash it down by drinking out of a coconut

The taste is unreal. This is the best fucking food on Earth.

enjoy your worms faggots

I dont think raw food is halal brother, allah kareem

>My whole foods

1 in a trillion case.

>Helminths
>Treated with antibiotics
Pick one.

Scandinavians are pathetic cuckolds being raped out of existence. I would not take their advice

>But I guess it is true US has some heavily landlocked areas.

No fucking shit

why would anyone choose to not live on the ocean shore is beyond me

>Not being aware that we treat bacteria and helminths with metronidazole
>Pretending you know anything about medicine

>Scandinavians are pathetic cuckolds being raped out of existence

Just like white Americans.

Gently salt your fish in a bag and put it in the freezer for 24 hours, you will have "sashimi-grade sushi" fit to eat raw.

>Is it safe?
yes, i've got a salmon sale and spent 2 weeks eating sushi for lunch
>Is it hard to do?
literally the easiest protein, get salmon, cut, eat
>Where would I buy it and how would I store it?
i get mine from a supermarket, its frozen but it says when it was fished and when it was stored
>I would like to start eating raw fish every day for lunch at work.
its cool, easy as fuck to eat, filling but not as much as chicken breast, you won't need to take omega 3 pills, it has healthy fats and it doesn't smell, so you can eat on a room without people bitcing about the whole office smelling like chicken and brocoli

LOL you guys don't know shit, most fish consumed on regular supermarkets in the us comes from fish farms, and the ones that doesn't gets fished on nets, placed inside a huge "aquarium" on the boat and then killed minutes before getting packed, my grandfather is a fisherman, so is my father, i'm a graphic designer because i'm a pussy but yea, i know everything about fishing and cooking fish for 23 years