Over Head Press day yesterday

>Over Head Press day yesterday
>Triceps sore today, but not deltoids

Wat? Am I doing it wrong?

Hard to say without having a video to see what you're doing.

Possibly going too close of a grip with the press or leaning back too far?

I would just chalk it up to, "I'm doing a compound lift." Sometimes everything progresses at similar rates, sometimes triceps fall behind, whatever. The weakest link is gonna be the thing you work the hardest.

Just keep it up.

I do the regular shoulders distance grip, or maybe a bit wider.

>Update
Yeah, might be just that. Usually I am not sore at all, it's just that I am coming back to liftan after a couple of months.

Nah that happens to me, sometimes the very top inside of my triceps feels sore after OHP
Plus shoulder doms are pretty rare

If you lift a weight over your head you are using your shoulders. Nothing else is possible.

close hand grip

delts are small, very fatigue resistance, and have very high maximum recoverable volume

unless you spent an hour smashing your delts with pressing and then a shitload of front and side raises you probably won't feel them much the next day

OHP is supposed to hit the triceps. what the other guy said about comound lifts, your weakest muscle will be sore.

>

it's because your tris are weaker than your delts or the move is badly executed.
Soreness isn't a good clue to see if you progress : The weight on the bar is.

what the fuck

He's still using his front shoulders, but jesus fuck he's an idiot

Back in time overhead press was at some weightlifting contests iirc. To get more strenght and lift more, the athletes were arching their back so they could engage chest.
They later removed that lift so the athletes wouldnt injure themselves

>2017
>not doing standing benchpress

Your triceps are too tight.

Try stretching or more rest from other pressing days

kek'D

this hits his abs much better than OHP

What the shit

Lack of soreness =/= lack of work

Dyel