QTDDTOT

When benching, should I go past 90 or let the bar hit my chest no matter what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EapVkFWiq_g
stronglifts.com/overhead-press/
stronglifts.com/overhead-press/#Seated_Press
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It should crickledy-crack your ribs m8.

If you're a powerlifter you have to touch your chest. Otherwise it doesn't really matter. Supposedly going 90 degrees is safer.

Can I make gains with only Bench/Row/Squat and some arm isolations?

My neck/traps are fucked and I am supposed to avoid overhead movements for a few months.

dont listen to this half repping fag
OP touch your chest every time

yes, your neck/trap muscles will just be very weak i comparison. no deadlifts?

If I do full body every other day, would it be fine to sometimes do full body in two consecutive days if i feel like im not too achy for it and have the energy + time available? Or would it hinder optimal recovery?

from the previous thread

Suggestions to lose some gains but stay strong? I want to get lighter for climbing, but the weight I'm aiming for would put me sub 10% body fat and that shit sucks for performance.

Wrong. You never actually HAVE to touch your chest at all. That's a powerlifting thing.

youtu.be/EapVkFWiq_g

And I do touch my chest fyi

Been told my doctor and PT to avoid DLs until things shape back up. Gotta work on shrugs in the meantime to bring up their strength

Started almost going to the gym everyday 4 months ago (started off as a skinnyfag) following reddit ppl, but I feel like my legs are too big in proportion to the rest of my upper body? Should I skip leg days until my upper body catches up or keep squatting. 5'7 manlet 145 lbs bw, 225 squat 3x5, 135 bench for 5x5

It has to touch your chest and stop.

I laugh at the fags at the gym bounce humping 2 pl8s

Is taking 8 mg of ephedrine and 100 mg of caffeine twice a day too small of an EC stack to matter?

Ive fapped for 6 hours on 40 mg adderall xr and coffee and my heart didnt give out but am weary of increasing EC given allhealth warnings.

Also does EC stack good to take while sedentary at job for 8 hours? Will it help my cut while eating at a defecit? Or should i only have it when working out? And is itdangerous to do cardio given my dosage level? How long should i wait till after taking it to do cardio?

>not wanting the full ROM
>stopping at an arbitrary point in your lifts

Jesus fucking christ I'm so done with this board

>oh my god people asking questions and not knowing every single thing about lifting weights.

Off with you then faggot.

>implying the chest isn't also an arbitrary point based on how fat you are and your form/arch.

yeah this guy sure is getting a great rom. He is touching his chest after all.

I just want to get smaller bro. When I eat less and stay active I just get shredded until I lose energy. How to lose gains while staying fit?

not gonna make it
gonna make it

First time bulking. Should I bulk only on lifting days and maintenance otherwise, or every day?
Also, is it better to eat more after or before the workout?

My lower back right above my tailbone is very tight after deadlifting heavy (Not to the point of feeling like something is injured). What am I doing wrong?

never do leg day again if you don't want to

I get this too and with squats as well and the warmup sets of bent over rows are uncomfortable. Im going to start stretching more but I think it's due to slight anterior pelvic tilt in my case. By erectors are doing too much of the work and never get a chance to rest up because my lower back is always extended. Does this sound about right?

>cherry picking examples
>implying user is using that shitastic form
nobody in your average gym has form like that

theres nothing arbitrary about your chest as an endpoint to your lift because hitting your chest is the end of your ROM you retard

Hips are off bench, doesn't count

Is this the Azn Press? I've only ever heard of it.

Is apple cider vinegar a meme?
I'm eating at a deficit, trying to lose some weight
Does it actually help with weight/fat loss? Just mixing a tbsp. with warm water.

I like squatting, but just sure not sure if its a good idea to do so cause my upper body is so dyel

Eat more every day, chances are youll still struggle to put on weight in the beginning. Time of eating doesn't matter

Was recently given this advice when talking about going from a beginner routine to something else:

>Generally don't recommend PPL. If you're going to split, it's more worth it to go with push/pull, upper/lower or bent arm/straight arm.

>Less frequency with exercises per week means much much slower progress. ~50 weeks in a year... 1x vs 2x vs 3x per week is 50 vs 100 vs 150 times you're working with a movement per year. It adds up significantly.

Does this sound about right to you guys? I see a lot of people who look good that run a PPL routine tbqh

Tried a seated OHP for the first time today and it felt a bit iffy on my lower back. Never had any problems with standing OHP.

How do I sit properly to avoid injury?

Push your back into the back rest using your feet and keep it there. You might be sliding forward and turning it into an incline bench press with no back support and you're gonna fuck your shit up. If you find yourself sliding forward or your back leaving the back rest lower the weight.

Does sips raise insulin? I want to take yohimbre but not sure if the monster ruins the yohimbre if it were to raise insulin.

I'm type 2 diabetic and want to hop on some gear.

Anyone know if controlling my blood would be an issue?

I'm cutting at the moment at around a 800 kcal deficit, I've lost around 3 reps off my squat in the first week.
Is this normal?
>78kg
>5"10
>120kgx8x3 (failure)last week
>120kgx5x3 (failure) this week

Should I have a small redder once a week where I'm at a lean surplus of around 300 cals?

does alcohol get rid of water weight? I was cutting but the weight was staying the same, then I went out drinking a tequila and vodka bottle with some friends and I woke up the next day with 1.6kg less

Should I eat my proteins all day every day or just on the lifting days?

Yeah it's because you're dehydrated

Don't have a back rest, just a flat bench.

Should I have a small refeed* once a week

could be psychological because you know you're cutting, could be glycogen dropping low because you cut a lot of carbs

why would you want to hop on gear? and probably not as long as you take your regular meds like you're supposed to

google "does *blank* raise insulin"
*blank* is the artificial sweetener used in your monster, some of em do, some of em don't I really don't know sips well enough

yes and no, it severly dehydrates you but it's not good
don't do it for losing water weight

yes, more frequency is better to an extent
in the end, PPL is good too, choose a routine with at least twice a week frequency per muscle group that you will stick by

yeah sounds about right

make an effort to contract your "lower" abdominals, like you're trying to push your bellybutton towards your spine, it'll help stabilise you a bit

Hey Veeky Forumsbro's, what protein powder do you use?

What should I be looking for when buying?

Whats your favourite brand?

Should I have a refeed once a week so or not?

myprotein unflavoured for those days where I'm cutting and want to eat something else other than chicken or fish but still need protons

bought goldnutrition total whey chocolate with probiotics and all that, chocolate one and it's SHIT. Too sweet and awful
but it has 103kcals and 38g proton on two scoops

you could, but once a week seems too often for me, it's what you can tolerate really
can you go 3 weeks without a lot of carbs? do it every 3 weeks, faster results n shit

it really doesn't matter that much

Can I safely assume I burned 150 - 200 calories biking 16 miles in an hour?

don't do sitting OHP
if you do, keep core tight to protect that spine
see this: stronglifts.com/overhead-press/

>don't do sitting OHP

The free weight area of my gym has a low ceiling, and I'm a tall dude. I barely fit with 5kg plates, anything bigger smashes into the ceiling. I'm switching gyms in a couple of months, but until then I'm fucked.

stronglifts.com/overhead-press/#Seated_Press
this section**

if you biked 16 miles in an hour, and you went 16mph average you burned a hell of a lot more

I'd like to do the 5/3/1 triumvirate, but I may not have access to a leg curl nor leg press machine. What should I do instead of these two exercices ?

In the same scope... Is there anything other than leg curl that really hit hamstrings ?

400 then?

For the leg press, substitute front squats, or lunges (dbs in hand or barbell on back or in front squat rack position) or step-ups. Or hack lift or the hack squat machine. For the leg curl, substitute good mornings or straight-leg deadlifts.

Just bench until you change gyms. Hit the delts with db front and lateral raises, or db upright rows, and hit the triceps with skullcrushers. If you don't like benching heavy that often, make one of them a close grip bench or a board bench (you can put prop it by putting a water bottle or cut off section of pool noodle in your shirt)

Also just as a note, Strava tells me I burned 750 but I don't trust that as it seems so high.

Reverse flys, yey or ney?

My gym only has a power rack with smith machine attached like pic related.

How autistic would it be to unscrew the bar to turn it into a normal power rack?

Thanks a lot.

Also, one last thing about the triumvirate. Isn't it overkill to do both bench press and dumbbell bench press ? Shouldn't I concentrate on other muscles than the chest ?

just take a barbell from a bench

No benches... Its all my gyms got

Is it ok to go to the gym in sandals when im not working out legs?

You can if you want to. Db overhead press, or bb overhead press with higher reps would work well there. That program has you benching as a main lift only once a week so in some schools of thought you may as well hit the chest hard that one day. Either way will probably work for you.

what the fuck

benches are cheap as fuck too

Didn't get to do my workout yesterday (back/biceps), would it be fine to do what I can at home right now, and then do my chest day at night? Or is that too much?

Should I just move my schedule over a day? I don't want to skip back, but I don't want to push chest day out either

Why don't you just wear a pair of ratty old slippers like some silverback nigger bitch?

Wear your fucking shoes like a White man, dammit.

That kind of smith machine (with free horizontal movement) is actually OK.

Hmm, right, I understand the point of it now. Well, might aswell follow the program anyway.

Thanks for the input.

As close to your chest as possible without touching it. Hitting your chest will cause a slight rebound effect making it easier to lift back up.

it's correct I think

yey

don't half ass back day, you'll get shoulder problems from imbalances

>get smaller
>lose gains

You are on the wrong board my friend.

So should I just do my back day tonight then? And continue with chest tomorrow?

Can I keep my gains if I join the army?

jup, just don't skimp it or you'll do it more often and in the end, you'll be fucked

Im doing a ppl routine with only these excersises:

Barbell rows
Weighted chinups
Lateral raises
Dumb-bell / hammer curls
Barbell shrugs

Flat Bench press (db and bb)
Close grip bench
OHP
Weighted dips
Skullcrushers

Squats
Hack squats
Deadlift
Weighted sit-ups
Varitations of crunches

With compounds, i do 3x5 heavy and then 2-3 lighter sets of 10-12, lifting 6 days per week.

I switched over to this routine after starting with phraks greyskull. Is this enough for a balanced physique? I've made decent gains thus far with the equipment in pic related but am worried that i'm missing something.
Thanks

Just think about it
How exactly would it help with weightloss?

Why does cutting have to make you weak, brehs?

Also, what do I do to stop diddlies from smashing my bar into my sack on lockout? should I just grip wider?

Isopure unflavored whey is what I use and it's 50g of protein with 2 scoops.

>>Also, what do I do to stop diddlies from smashing my bar into my sack on lockout?

Get longer arms. Or just wear a cup.

I did something similar to a clinical trial recently and over the course of that, they measured my bf% in some sort of vacuum tube like thing. What's weird is that the results were that I'm at 22.5% bf at 92kg, but my TDEE is supposedly slightly above 2300kcal.
Isn't that a bit much? What the fuck. Height's 6'3" by the way.

To what extent is it normal to feel lower back pain after deadlifting? I always feel in my lower back and sometimes very low, like in between the glutes (not the muscle, I think) for the rest of the day after I deadlift and sometimes the next day.
I'm working on my anterior pelvic tilt, which is almost cured now.

Maybe my form is fucked, but I don't have a good deadlift yet, 225x5 at 150-155lbs 5'10
Any tips? What's the process for you guys to deadlift? Like step by step?

I get in to position (neutral spine)
Brace
Lift the bar with my legs until my knees and after that with my lower back
Brace again
Put it down

Is this correct? Any tips?

looking to buy a vitamin D supplement, which one is the best? is pic related good?

thinking of this one or the other one from myprotein but no clue, money aint an issue I just want the best

Is it retarded to cut if I'm 191 cm (6"3) and 75 kgs (165 lbs)?

I feel like my bodyfat% is too high. I mean I'm a lanklet, but I feel like I'm getting some belly fat

Soreness is okay. If 225 is legit challenging for you you'll also feel a sort of dull pain from your spine compressing (going from having to lift ~100 lbs or however much your upper body weighs to ~300 will do that).

Anything other than that might be an issue. I was actually in the exact same boat as you last summer. I got up to about 235x5, then I felt something in my back that would persist throughout the day, and actually fell to 225x4 after two weeks with a similar back pain.

I ended up doing the following:
1) Stop deadlifting (from mid June - late August)
2) Do PHAT or some other program where you don't have to deadlift
3) Start deadlifting again, make sure your first real set you get someone who looks like they know what they're doing to form check and/or videotape you

If you've got no preexisting back conditions (pinched nerve or something), and you'll know you do because you'll feel sharp pain and have a very difficult time, say, picking something up off the floor, you should be fine. My DL once I started back after doing nothing but squat + accessories for my lower back went up to 275x5 after two months of not doing it. Hovering around 300 now and haven't had this problem since.

As to what caused it, not a fucking clue.

Yes it's retarded. You don't have belly fat, you just have too little muscle that your little ass belly looks big to you. Bulk.

Is there any store that sells shirts that are slimmer in the waist? Cutting is slowly starting to make my dress shirts feel like I'm wearing a mumu.

If I'm doing super high volume PPL and cardio + swimming 3x a week, do I have to actually cut calorie wise? Or can I lose fat/weight just eating like 100-200 under maintenance with all the activity I'm doing.

Been lifting for 2 months.
Does your fat make you produce estrogen? Or is it bullshit?
Asking cause of bulking and having slight gyno at the same time

Nigga what the fuck do you want to cut, you're probably looking like you took a wrong turn on the way to the gas chambers.

Depends. For lifting you can get a rough estimate of say 200 calories burned per hour of lifting. Maybe 300/session if you're really going at it. Running/swimming are nearly directly proportional to how much distance you go so that's easy to calculate. From there, just add that to your BMR and eat healthy foods, and you should have no problem losing fat.

Yes. I believe this is one of the reasons Lyle Mcdonald says to bulk only after reaching 10-12% BF and starting your cut when you're >16%.

On the other hand if you have pecs it'll make your titties look manlier.

any european based website with t.shirts, tank tops, shorts and shit like that ofr people that lift?

no cringe meme shit

Watch rippletits' video on the DL, the back pain is 100% due to bad form

Thanks bro. I'll see how it goes, hopefully the pain is gone. Did you change anything in your form?

Thanks user. That's what I was thinking but I was "brought up" to not pay attention to calories burned and eat at deficit.

I eat clean and watch macros but I'm just constantly hungry cuz I'm going super hard at gym, I count every calorie and end up eating at maintenance, sometimes a few hundred under.

Machines get a bad rep but do leg curls on your leg day. Had no idea how much they help with squats. Noticed it after my squats completely stalled when the leg curl machine broke (and the fuckers took 2 months to fix it). Then as soon as it was fixed I progressed and I'm continuing to progress now that I'm cutting.

Alright thanks for the honesty boys.

Guess I just need to do more exercises aimed at my core.

Thanks i will check it out.
Yeah i hope so breh. If my nipples have to be seen through my shirt, let them be accompanied by som nice pecs at least

I didn't consciously change anything, but when I got back on the platform in September, I basically thought "forget everything you know about deadlifting, just do it exactly like in the tutorial" for my warmups. 225 felt dick easy after that (because of squats), so ended up working up to 275 by the end of the day.

I can't advise anything against the hunger desu. I'm trying out keto for the first time but haven't made enough progress to see if I'm getting any tangible results. If your lifts are going up and your weight is going down, you're probably on the right track.

doesn't seem to be a lot of weight that you can hang on the bar, why switch routine?

no, lots of midgets have even higher TDEE, i'd say your TDEE is even a bit low

get one that has 5000 UI a pill, and take one every day, simple as fuck

Plenty of retailers sell these. They are called "fitted" or "slim fit" or "athletic fit" dress shirts.