/Mental Self Improvement/ - General

/MSI/
Goals, Questions, Advice

Thread about improving confidence, mind over matter, not worrying about everything, relationships, etc. A fit mind can nurture a fit body.

Post pics or ask questions of anything related to improving ones self from mentally to aesthetically to physically.

How do anons deal with loneliness?

It's found that I'm at my best when I'm lonely. But it's a shitty way to live your life.

MDMA

You want some self improvement? Leave Veeky Forums. Leave internet.

You'd be surprised how much better your life gets

How so?

Thread brought to you by:

Not everyone is an omega basement dwelling neckbeard. There's literally nothing wrong with browsing Veeky Forums.

When you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

>Not everyone is an omega basement dwelling neckbeard.
This proves my point m8. You'll absorb hatred, anxiety etc. in a place like this.

Because being anonymoys fucks pple up. This place is pretty sad desu

Woah m8

True that, but there is good. Once I get all the he advice I think I need I'll drop Veeky Forums, save all the cool stuff. It's made me over think possible outcomes with my gf.

I want to leave Veeky Forums but what would I do? I can only stay at the gym for so long.

go sit at a park and ponder life until it comes to you

Anything else is better, really. Internet is the worst if you're lonely already.

Get a good, hardcover copy of Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. Read that shit for 10-30 minutes per day. When you're bored, flip to a page and read a few lines.

This book and The Bible are the only self-help books you'll ever need.

The first girl I ever loved cheated on me and made me afraid to care about a woman. Every guy I know above the age of 40 says to never get married. Half of them are divorced and give half their paycheck to their ex wife. I recently met a girl I really liked but it was never going to work out because she is moving across the country to pursue a career but that didn't stop me from catching feels for her and that killed our short relationship and I can't stop thinking about her. I know I should forget about her but I don't want to. Fucking sucks.

What does it mean if a girl is only replying to my texts every 4-6 hours? Is she not interested? We fucked at the weekend if it matters

1. nobody replies to a text that late for someone they like
2. don't text her for the next week. see what she does.

How about just stop with stupid games and ask her out. Worst case scenario is that you will just dodge a bullet.

>nobody replies to a text that late for someone they like
yeah that's what I thought. fuck me I liked her too. lame

She could be busy. Playing hard to get. trying to distance herself. Multitude of reasons. Best bet is to just distance yourself as well. If she wants you, she'll be back.

It depends on how she's responding. If she is responding enthusiastically she's is just playing hard to get and wants to make you chase her. Do not chase her. Don't respond straight away either. Wait a few hours. It's a stupid and annoying game but you should play it. Don't text about things that don't matter. Only text to set up a meeting or date.

If she's responding with short answers and not attempting to keep convo going just ghost her. Do not text her unless she texts you.

how do I stop being self-concious in the club? I hate going there so much but I can't avoid it since every social interaction at first year uni always seems to end in some nightclub.
It's mainly the fact that my dancing looks forced and visible fucking white when I'm too aware of what I'm doing.
Shall I just get more pissed before going out or did you guys actually learn how to dance to get comfortable in clubs?

this and if she doesn't reply, let that be the last time you talk or ask her if she has any cute friends to set you up with

same bro. I constantly think back at the qt's who slipped through my fingers, but at the same time i get i become an antsy flight risk after i cum every time

>Best bet is to just distance yourself as well. If she wants you, she'll be back.
Why people do this. If someone tries to play games with you, she's nort worth your time. Get someone who's more mature and balanced. If you want to hang out with that person ask her out.

This
I cringe every time people suggest playing retarded acts as relationship advice .
What's the fucking point of having a gf if you have to play childish mind games with her so that she has interest in you? Literally useless.

You don't need to gf every girl that you text. Sometimes you have to deal with some shit to get up in their sugar walls. It's actually fun when you know the rules

>What's the fucking point of having a gf if you have to play childish mind games with her so that she has interest in you? Literally useless.
Exactly my thoughts. Think about what kind of a person you're after if you do that. Ofc it doesn't matter if you just want pussy. But then again playing and stressing about games is kinda weak.

ive found that most habits or nervous ticks ive ever managed to stop doing were just replaced by something else that was really just a lateral move.
then i realized i have shit for discipline. and that was a huge cause of my being an all around shitty person. so im trying to figure out shit to do that exercises my willpower like a muscle. Ive found just doing things that suck helps so far. anyone ever dealt with this and have any tips?

I'm trying to do something similar. I've found reading through askmen and seddit help if you find the quality posts, but I think dropping everything internet related might be the best bet.

Sure, if you just want to bone and don't give a shit about the woman then obviously go ahead, not question.

How do I get over my fear of dogs
Whenever I see a big dog barking and running towards me something in my head flips and I go survival mode and start running
This is very shitty stuff to do you need to be calm in these situations, but just cant help it

>You'll absorb hatred, anxiety etc. in a place like this.
DESU i mostly vent it here, not absorb

How do anons quit mmo's theyve played for 5+years.

>This book and The Bible are the only self-help books you'll ever need.
lets reduce this to this book... bible didn't helped me shit... Meditations on the other hand became book of my mind same as Portrait of Dorian Gray became book of my heart

Unpopular Veeky Forums opinion. The Classics are worth a read, but also worth taking with a massive grain of salt.

Read high quality contemporary fiction as much as you read anything else. Fiction is critical to development because it's the simplest way to intimately associate yourself with another's deep self. The other way is a relationship, of course, but those require time and nurturing.

most underrated post.

You spend as much time and energy as you need to accept that the mmo will never be as good as it was during the "glory days," and the best thing is to put those memories in a case and leave them alone. Smile because it happened, you know.

That's why nostalgia is such a cancer in the mmo space, and why people get so aggravated about shit like Nostalrius and legacy servers. They're literally in denial. They want so desperately to reach the highs that deep down they know will never ever be reached again, and so they get angry and put impossible demands out there, knowing that Blizz cannot possibly meet those demands.

That way, the nostalgia-folks can just blame Blizzard rather than accept the hard truth: that mmo was better in the past because of it's time and space relative to real life, and no one can recreate the real life circumstances they had in the past.

Heres the best tips on becoming ubermensch, mentally:
1. Clean. Your. Room (or house). Your room is the externalization of your mind. if you can keep your house clean, your mind will feel clearer too. Cleaning is also one of the things that you always can do, and makes things better, but feels hard to begin doing. Once you start doing that, and you start tackling these little things that you can do but dont for some reason (the things you procrastinate) you can even imagine where you will be in a few years
2. if youre religious this one is easier. After every day and every morning, pray giving thanks for things you did or happened to you that day. Just appreciate what happened. If not religious just think about how gratefull you are that, for example, you got a nice gym you can go to and lift, and that you had a nice dream that day, or woke up rested, or that the weather ws nice. Youll feel satisfied with life much more than ever after a few days, not even saying about weeks
3. Meditate or pray daily, if praying, repeat a very short prayer and focus on your deity.
4. work on not doing the things that make your consciense feel bad.

this is how you become and ubermensch.

Did you actually read Nitzesch's Übermemsch?

fucking jordanfags i swear

I'd rather a bunch of jordanfags than a bunch of hedonists saying "smoke dope and jack off lol" but that's just me

Watch Cowboy Bebop

It will change the way you look at loneliness

This is a Taiwanese fly fishing forum. Everyone here as watched cowboy bebop.

I can't deal with anxiety. I worry about every single little thing I'm not comfortable with. I'm literally worrying about something that's 3 months away and not even that big of a deal every single day. It's affecting my well-being and career.
What am I supposed to do about it? I'm better about it than I was a few years ago but just barely.

Why is having discipline for mental work so much harder than for physical work?
I have 0 problems motivating myself for a workout, but learning unversity? Holy shit, its a chore.

I HAVE to ace my exams this semster or my life will go to complete SHIT and i will lose everyones interest.
I have 2 months to learn for 10 tests. I don't think i will make it, goddamn it.
What a failure I am, its insane.

just give up

How do I focus more on my uni work, I can't stop looking away every ten minutes or having a little song in my head when I'm working, as a result I have shit tier productivity. So how the fuck do I improve my concentration and achieve my set goals for the day?

Dogs are dangerous

If a big dog wanted to it could probably kill you

If someone doesnt understand why you might be afraid of dogs the problem lies them them

t. Attacked by multiple dogs (live in shitty area)

Somebody has to work the fields, work the register or pick up trash, just saying. Is that where you want to end up?

I know i don't want to. I am good at writing code, i have worked for more than year as actual software developer (this studying alternates with work-phases) and I am literally as productive as other senior developers.

But this fucking studying breaks me. I wish i could just work as software developer, but no, i have to waste 3 years studying - something I am so shit at.

I think i need to get out of this room in order to study. This room is connected to comfort and slacking, I'll drive into some public library tomorrow and try my best.

>women playing games
sad reality of life right there. the hot ones always play games. even the mildly attractive ones play games. gotta play back or move on to fresh meat.

How do you guys keep your motivation to keep going to the gym? I'm just feeling so burnt out and bored with lifting weights. Should I find a new hobby for awhile or is there something else you guys do to stay motivated?

Looking down and seeing how big my dick is while remembering how small it used to be before I exercised regularly does the trick

Reassess your goals and motivation, remind yourself why you lift. For anyone down the bodybuilding or even just physical improvement route I'd recommend Arnold: Education of a Bodybuilder. Depending on how you look, it might be good to look at some goal body pics more often to keep you hungry.

How can I train myself for combat? I want to be like a juicy warrior of the Varangian Guard but I don't know where to start. Is MMA a good choice? If so, can that be learnt in the Internet? Nowhere around me teaches it.

How can I train myself for combat? I want to be like a juicy warrior of the Varangian Guard but don't know where to start. Would MMA be a good choice? If so, can that be learnt on the Internet? Nowhere around me teaches it

get into bar fights. not even kidding

Is anyone else obsessed with self image (physical appearance)?

Models by Mark Manson for Chad mental gains. Not evening memeing.

I just try to focus on the stuff that makes me happy. I try to get out as much as I can (go on daily bike rides) and try to make sure I'm doing things to "better" myself, learning new things, reading.

The worst thing I can do for myself is start playing video games all day and shit, then deep depression.

But damn, what I would do for a qt.

How do people meet new people?

I'm starting to get to a point where I don't feel so self conscious, but I have no fucking clue how to meet new people.

And how do people with no friends find drug connections?

Maybe join a powerlifting gym and compete or join some other sport/activity. Like cllimbing or BJJ/Submission wrestling

no, this is my own definition of the ubermensch, by which i mean the perfect man or simply human being. Aside from that i practice lifting, try to live healthy, and not be a puppet of vice nor ideas i do not understand. To be independent basicly.

Yes, I'm slowly replacing my wardrobe with new stuff, buying new glasses/contacts, and new hairstyle.

Read Henry Hazlitt: The Way to Willpower. That might help. Its an interesting read nonetheless.

How do I train myself for combat? I want to be like a juicy warrior of the Varangian Guard but don't know where to start. Would MMA help? If so, can that be learnt on the internet?

meditation is brilliant but you must stick with it, also self assessments and finding hobbies.

wtf that posted 3 times, fuck me please ignore

what socks should I wear? (this is a mental thing for me)

How do I train myself for combat? I want to be like a juicy warrior of the Varangian Guard but don't know where to start. Would MMA help? If so, can that be learnt on the internet?

Comfortable ones

he said how to meet new people, not how to have casual gay sex dawg

you can practicemany striking moves, stretches and, of course, exercises alone. you will never test these or learn to be tough if you dont practice with otheers, you gotta take some punches.

MMA tauught at a good gym is the best, most practical all round combat to learn.

Again

this to be quite honest familia

fuck i cant do it either

How do I train myself for combat? I want to be like a juicy warrior of the Varangian Guard but don't know where to start. Should I learn MMA? Where can I find out information on the internet about that?

How do I train myself for combat? I want to be like a juicy warrior of the Varangian Guard but don't know where to start. Should I learn MMA? Where can I find out information on the internet about that?

sort yourselves out. Watch Jordan B. Peterson on the Joe Rogan Podcast. it's on YouTube.
Thank me on the other side.

get drunk or do drugs

literally tell yourself "fuck x thing". Get angry at at, imagine it is fucking annoying you(sounds easy in your case)

At first you won't take yourself seriously, but eventually you will respond to menial shit instinctively with a "fuck that nonsense"

be wary though, because I got so good at doing it that I can now say it to things that have a serious affect on my life. Its not procrastination, because I never intend to do it. I see something, and I just tell myself "fuck that, I can't stand it"

I'm starting to cringe at my old past just thinking about if fug

Just found out my prom date likes my best friend what do?

Jordan's advise is pretty good overall, but the meme swarm around him is annoying.
Fuck her if you can then outy, detach mentally
Social hobbies. Gym buddies, table top groups, whatever hobby you have find your local people who do it, church even if you aren't religious is great for meeting people.
Youre on the right track.
Cold showers, forcing yourself to a scedual, pre planning meals, not delaying on tasks that need doing, all these actions train the will.

Practicing Therapist of 9 years here.

I'll answer/give advice to anyone for the night.

Embrace it, use this time to focus on yourself, a hobby or something you know you should be doing or would enjoy.

>Internet is the worst if you're lonely already.
jesus fucking christ, this so much. It's destroying my life. It's a shame internet is required to get anything done in todays society.

>Every guy I know above the age of 40 says to never get married.

Hey bro. I'm following the MGTOW philosophy and just prioritizing my education and work. 27 at the moment and I'm not a complete convert.

I'm unsure whether the females are the root of all evil but for the time being the philosophy has been great. I flirt and talk to girls all the time but since I know that I'm not going to take it further I can walk away with an ego boost and without wasting anymore of my time chasing tail - chase money and grades.

So I can understand where you're coming from.

A girl at my university is studying to become a nurse and honestly she isn't really attractive. If I was horny enough and could be more imaginative I could potentially have sex with her. Her personality is golden and she's 5+ years younger.

Love her personality, not so hot so unsure what to do. I'm going to just keep in touch with her but not escalate things anywhere. Tell her my career and education are important at this point. Wait about 1-2 years and then see.

Not sure what to think about the attractiveness thing as I"m basically a gym rat on gear. So... sigh...the dilemma.....

you might have ADHD

What causes men to want to become seducers?

How do I get over Chad and manlet memes?

Yeah man the girl in my original post was 21 and I'm 27. She's just now graduating college so this is the most exciting/uncertain time of her life. I wanted to get to know her as much as possible knowing that maybe when she moves away she might not like it or something and eventually come back and not that I would wait or anything, but maybe she'd come back at a time where she is looking for a serious relationship and I was still single. You never know. But I got black out drunk and told her I was starting to feel for her. That basically killed it. I'm not mad but seriously I was fucking hammered that's not exactly fair.

The whole mgtow thing is something I don't want to do but good on you for trying to live your life without women being the center of it. My problem is I know how shitty most of them are so when I find one I like I know it's a rarity.

As with any role men transfix and turn their choices on, their past.

>The whole mgtow thing is something I don't want to do but good on you for trying to live your life without women being the center of it. My problem is I know how shitty most of them are so when I find one I like I know it's a rarity.

Yeh, I'm not religious by an means. I believe in taking the good from any teaching/philosophy and using what works and ignoring what doesn't

The balance is key. You don't want to fall into a trap with a girl unworthy of your devotion and at the same time you may not want to miss out on the benefits of a long term romantic relationship with the opposite sex.

Some of the MGTOW converts are radical to say the least however those types of people exist in all parts of life.

Hope things work out for you. I'm out. Peace.

how do you guys go about motivating yourselves to start up personal projects?

I'm not working this summer and i feel so lethargic, so im looking to learn how to code and learn German, but i can't motivate myself to do work if i don't have the need to do it. Like i can easily grind for a class, but now there's no sense of urgency.

help me out bros

Halp me please