How does it feel that once we figure out how to edit our genome everything you've been working on will be useless?

How does it feel that once we figure out how to edit our genome everything you've been working on will be useless?

Disable the myostatin inhibiting gene and we'll all look like this

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1877876/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4581601/
youtube.com/watch?v=FX58PyQwrcI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mirin the dick gains on the middle one. I'll have whatever he's having

But i dont want to look like a giant gainzrat.
Ill just stick with my tren, you can go ahead and fuck around with your genes.
But dont come crying when you turn into a rat.

great so the under 80kg pl classes will be under populated because everyones so fucking massive, nice

It doesn't turn you into a freak

It just makes your default musculature into what happens if you train

>under 80kg

Good riddance say goodbye to humanity or gtfo faglord

mirin those glutes, mouse bro

Moo.

Look at those fucking balls, I wish I lived in Canada so I could lap up his superior genes and turn them into my own gains.

Researchers would not disclose the German boy’s identity but said he was born to a somewhat muscular mother, a 24-year-old former professional sprinter. Her brother and three other close male relatives all were unusually strong, with one of them a construction worker able to unload heavy curbstones by hand.
In the mother, one copy of the gene is mutated and the other is normal; the boy has two mutated copies. One almost definitely came from his father, but no information about him has been disclosed. The mutation is very rare in people.
The boy is healthy now, but doctors worry he could eventually suffer heart or other health problems.
In the past few years, scientists have seen great potential in myostatin-blocking strategies.
Internet marketers have been hawking “myostatin-blocking” supplements to bodybuilders, though doctors say the products are useless and perhaps dangerous.

What's this meme I keep seeing about Leaf bestiality?

Want to see if this kid is all he's cracked up to be

>meme
>not law

Leafs get to get their dicks lapped on by animals without goddamn peta pressing for animal cruelty charges. Truly progressive

If I remember right, his parents were like marathon runners or something

I don't think he'll be like a Double Arnold or something, but rather just naturally good at whatever he tries because his default level of musculature will be better than everyone else at his level.

Im not a beta and enjoy the act of exercise LOL

I cant wait to make fun of those non-natty freaks

Yall realize genome editing gets passed o to the next generation right?

Within 3 generations of these freaks editing their genes, they wont even be human anymore

New slave subclass ftw

>Yall realize genome editing gets passed o to the next generation right?
Only if their gonads are affected
Somatic manipulation wouldn't change their gametes

shouldn't they be underpopulated already? I thought midgets were pretty rare.

But i like training.
Lifting heavy weight is worship of some god.
Running mile after mile worships the same god.
If i were born muscular i wouldent have god consciousness.

Realistically how far away is myostatin inhibition from being available, let's say in China as they'll be the first to do it

You're already born, so its too late for you to change your genes, senpai

But I want my children to be gods

Retroviral therapy is a thing

OP has zero idea of what he's talking about

myostatin inhibits muscle growth and causes muscle catabolism (muscle breakdown)

OP wants to disable a myostatin inhibiting gene, causing more myostatin to be in the body making the person smaller and lose gains rapidly

>t. brainlet

>How does it feel that once we figure out how to edit our genome everything you've been working on will be useless?
It won't be perfected for decades and when it is it would only affect our offspring, not ourselves.

Learn how genetics work.

myostatin doesn't just affect muscles, but other organs too, meaning you would have enlarged organ systems that lack proper bloodflow etc and a maaaaasssive increase in cancer risk

while you are technically correct that it's possible to change the genes of a live organism using retroviruses, tests have only been done in VERY SIMPLE organisms

the main downside of this method is that the cells that you edited will eventually be replaced by un-edited cells because your pluripotent stem cells would retain the genes from your birth

you'd require a rigorous treatment plan, and it would require a fortune just to maintain your gains

>implying that becoming really fit doesn't already shorten life span
FUARK

>it would require a fortune just to maintain your gains
Now
It used to cost more than a small country to own a computer
Shit gets cheaper

myostatin exists in all animals for a reason, OP

>How does it feel that once we figure out how to edit our genome everything you've been working on will be useless?
Are you fucking kidding me? You do realize that all that will happen is that the bar will be raised?

People that train will still get much bigger and stronger than those who don't, the only difference would be that everyone would be proportionally bigger than they are now.

>not wanting to leave humanity behind

robert fostermann has that fucked up myostatin gene

>Retroviral therapy is a thing
There are limitations for what it can do, you would never achieve the same level of development as an individual that was engineered pre-implantation.

Afterall, the new individual would develop during their entire lifetime with the added benefit, while you have been hindered during your entire lifetime for not having it.

Also, it is worth noting that even among the individuals who get it before being born there would be massive differences in size and strength on those who workout, eat healthy and train their bodies than those who live sendentary lives and eat nothing but junkfood.

Also, im not sure how healthy it would be to disable myostatin, our body has it for a reason, and it is NOT to decrease your evolutionary fitness.

>OP

Christ that guy is the like the Tom Platz of quads

>Also, im not sure how healthy it would be to disable myostatin, our body has it for a reason, and it is NOT to decrease your evolutionary fitness.
Probably because it would divert too much of our energy income into growing/maintaining unnecessary muscles.
But we're overfed now, so there is no downside.

Like, if you were dealing with starving cavemen, the people who grew too much muscle would starve faster

Nah that's Tom Platz

>But we're overfed now, so there is no downside.
Shorter lifespan.

When everyone is Veeky Forums, no one is.

Really makes you think. Does the following apply? When everyone's dead, no one is.

>Probably because it would divert too much of our energy income into growing/maintaining unnecessary muscles.
>But we're overfed now, so there is no downside.
>Like, if you were dealing with starving cavemen, the people who grew too much muscle would starve faster
I would not be so fast to discard the possible health issues, here is a quote from a scientific study on the subject: "However, as little is known about the health issues and potential risks associated with being a myostatin-mutation carrier, research in this arena should proceed with extreme caution."

source: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1877876/

Now check this one that is more recent:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4581601/

We are still learning about the functions of myostatin, we therefore do not fully understand the consequences to your health that this therapy could cause.

We're all killing ourselves lifting anyways

u retarded?

HAVE FUN SNAPPING DEM TENDONS BRUH

you know how much more food we as a species would need to consume to keep alive with that amount of muscle ?

the planet cant sustain something like that, but good idea though

Same breed

Look at those jaw gains.
Fuaaaark

>We're all killing ourselves lifting anyways
How so?

It is only unhealthy when you overdoit, it is not unhealthy to be fit as long as you remain at your ideal bodyweight range determined by your height.

Your tendons should probably be stronger than somebody on steroids because they grew along the muscles since birth.

Damn looks like a fucking mako shark

mouse on the right looks brolic af

We're all fat as fuck anyways
Better be ripped as fuck and overeat than be fat as fuck and overeat

Look at how far the dog on the right's leg goes into the grass due to his immense weight. Probably why he's huffing and puffing.

Calorie restriction extends lifespan in all animal studies. I would rather live to a hundred with this mind clarity than die at 65 without myostatin inhibitor.

youtube.com/watch?v=FX58PyQwrcI

>without myostatin inhibitor

why are there so many retards in this thread?

myostatin is the hormone that causes the muscles to not grow and breaks them down.

if you lived without a mysostain inhibitor you would have zero gains even from working out hard as fuark

deadset Veeky Forums is geting retarded lately and not reading properly

I'm not sure of the mechanism. With or without, it's only semantically relevant.

False equivalency.

Very few pieces of technology have adhered to Moore's law.

Take the car for instance, price of new Model T adjusted for inflation is about $3700 , but a new 2017 civic is $18,740

Moores Law doesn't account for Jewish tricks

One correction to this, when the Model T first came out in 1908, it was the equivalent of 18000 dollars, but got significantly cheaper as time went on.

The Model T was an exception
It followed Ford's idea that all his workers should be able to buy his products

>you were born too soon to be a designer baby with outstanding intelligence, health, strength and beauty
>you were born too soon to extend your life indefinitely
>you are doomed to the pathetically short human lifespan, and will be forever slave to the random, mindless genetic combination that occurred at your conception