Am I getting too old for Veeky Forums

Used to browse Veeky Forums years ago. Now I'm 26 and thinking of coming back here. Am I getting too old or what?

every fitness website is 50% meatheads 50% FA luantics. That goes for here, misc, reddit, PSL, fitmisc, everywhere.

It's not like anyone you know sees you hanging out here, who gives a fuck? If you get entertainment value out of this place, then stay, if not....then GTFO.

You missed the Old Guy fit thread, but short answer, no, not too late...

I'm only 23 and already feel this way about most of my old mediums with the exception of the automotive forums I still go on. Even those make me want to blow my brains out every time someone asks about an eBay turbo kit or some stupid bullshit like that.

The webs have changed, we Veeky Forums in here just as poorly as we do everywhere else at this point.

I feel like Veeky Forums is getting older on average

the peak generation can't quit and it attracts less young bloods

Story time, am very depressed at the moment, and this is the first thread I stumbled across.
>be me, fat, 17
>tfw gf
>find out she cheated
>devistated, I try to find outlets
>finally find an old friend that gets into lifting with me
That's when I find you, /fit. With your READTHESTICKY and DO SS faggot.
>become power lifter using SS and then switching up between various strength routines when plateau.
That was 2012, I worked out for a year and a half and then divorced the iron when I found the love of my life. Then, 3 years pass and she cheated on me, too. That's the current moment I'm at now. I'm ready to get back in to this, guys.
>somebody hold me

Legitimately sorry to hear that man. Best of luck for you moving forward, it's never easy.

Unfortunately most of us have been there. When I was a teenager I never realized just how often, common, and frequent infidelity is.

Girl I loved cheated on me too, then rubbed it in my face. That was 18 months ago and I'm living with a new girl now, but things are way different and I don't know if they'll ever be the same. I feel nothing holding her, even though by most of her traits she should be the ideal girl for me.

Don't let these women take away the best from us. Don't let them turn us jaded and dark for the rest of our lives. We're gonna keep moving forward brah, we're gonna make it.

Chek'd
Thanks brother, means a lot that you responded. Feels good to hear your voice again, user...
And good luck to you. You just have to trust again, and I'm sure it'll work with her.

Goddamn misc was the best years online I've wasted, used to be on that from 08 to ~12, damn that was the golden ageof the Internet.

You should of killed the bitch and taken the time, prison life is all about the lift.

Why are you living with her already?
As gay as it is, I think you are better off waiting a while before you move in.

Nah

>26
>old

You're completely right, only reason it happened as quick as it did was I graduated from uni and things just kinda lined up that way with my job and living situation. In retrospect I probably still should have waited.

Some time to be single would have been nice. We do have a somewhat open relationship though (swinging/threesomes) so at least I still get to experience some strange here and there.

Bro, move out and kill that open relationship. Move on. Pussy isn't worth anything at all. And the only thing that can make you dark is yourself. You gotta understand that the only woman that will genuinely love you is your mother. No one else. Stop leaning on and depending on woman to make you feel whole. Never gonna happen and woman are a selfish, if not more, then men. There is no special or different woman

29 years old, married, still shitpost at least once a week

Good man

>there is probably already a secret Veeky Forums only the young know about

One thing you have to bear in mind about Veeky Forums, man, is that it's shit. You have to accept that it's shit, and you're going to see a lot of shit shitting up the place, and sometimes wonder why you bother with this shit.

I don't have a point beyond that.

28 and coming. lets keep it up.

Ha! that's a beautiful thought man!

Nah. Welcome back.

god thats a scary thought...

I've heard of guys upwards of their late 30's browsing around here. There's no age limit but there is definitely a cycle of people coming in and out.

Like, once they've "made it" in their minds they fuck off somewhere else and the next group of NEETs, and want to be chads show up.

> We do have a somewhat open relationship though
That's kinda disgusting tho.

Different guy, in an open relationship too. Why do you think it's disgusting? Have you tried it?

Also, generally for the thread: I'm 28 and lurk here most days.

I guess I'm close minded, but I can't bring myself to share.
How do I look into my loved ones eyes after.

Idk, I think you're kinda weird

>35
>married with 2 kids
>still browse Veeky Forums every day

it's really the only place online where you can speak freely without consequence. i can't share my honest opinions on normiebook because it could affect my job or friends of my wife, i can't speak my mind on reddit because lefty faggots just downvote you into oblivion, and so on and so forth

chans are the best medium to converse regardless of age desu, in another 5 years or so i can introduce my son to this place

It's called 8-chan. We only still exist because of the oldfags and the edge factor attracting curious young souls

/thread

>PSL

what is this? i'm a reg on misc and fitmisc, reddit is shit, but what's PSL?

>2012, 18 years old, fresh out of HS and into uni. Hopes and ambitions for life after doing well at high school. I wanna get strong, rich and bang girls; life is so simple.
>Golden age of Veeky Forums (for me), Scooby came and went, "2012 ISHYGDDT" years.
>Have gymbro on similar wavelength, we always talk about lifting, spur each other on, eat heaps, go on Veeky Forums etc. All about the lifestyle.
>Meet qt3.14 in early 2013
>End up dating
>By late 2013, I had gone from 62kg when I started lifting to 81kg and had a 1RM dead of 190kg.
>Look pretty strong, too. Even when I met gf I was like 75kg probably, and she found me attractive throughout relationship
>End of 2013 go travelling, lose gains
>Come back to gym in 2014 without gymbro, stall through full year
>Travel start of 2015, lose more gains
>Existential crisis and cheat on gf while travelling, we break up
>Months and month off...
>Come back late 2015 to gym, and ever since then been in a cycle of making small gains and then tailing off and not lifting and reverting back to babby
>Just weighed myself
>68.5kg skellington

Might go to the gym tonight. I'm going away again in a few months but thinking I should just try and stack on 5-10kg before then so I don't completely disappear. I miss the days when it was all so exciting and loved every minute going to the gym. Now I struggle once I get to like week 3 or 4. I can't eat for shit and I probably use drugs too often.

bro sorry to hear that... but you aren't old, 26 is fuckyoung... just get back to iron, enjoy it... no pussy is worthy of selfdestruction or depression
>tfw pic related is my wallpaper