Deadlift twice a week? Once is not enough

Deadlift twice a week? Once is not enough.

Deadlifting is shit tier user. Try an actual workout

I deadlift every 4 days. Gives me plenty of time to recover.

deadlift is the turbo elevator to snap city

thanks for the shitty advice

Only if you do low-to-moderate intensity.
Diddly will put a lot of stress on your CNS which needs time to recover too.
I DL once a week and throw in a bit of light snatch grip deadlifts after squatting.

Get a load of this dyel

b-but m-muh CNS

just try it for a while and see, OP. some people squat every day (though it takes a little time to build up to it). you can certainly deadlift twice a week—and probably a lot more frequently still, if you listen to your body and autoregulate your efforts

you shouldnt do conv / sumo diddly everyday because your lower back recovers slower than skeletal musculature
its not even about cns

you can do deadlift variation tho like behind the back deadlift, block pulls, etc

i personally like doing sumodiddly erryday with low loads for high reps like 3pl8 for 10 touch and go.

After week i need a rest from that tho.

Well I guess I'll try and add some god damn content.

Deadlifting twice is fine, I do that, but you MUST hit your anterior chain just as hard.

I hit lower back day one then hard deads day two. Day three I was squatting and pinched my sciatic nerve at the end of my squat set. It didn't hurt, but it was scary when your hamstrings and glutes go numb and fizzle with electrical sensations while you are squatting.

I attribute that to the fact that I over worked my posterior chain and didn't balance it with two days of heavy anterior.

that's Eric Bugenhagen, right? doesn't he do Jefferson deadlifts in a Bulgarian kind of way? they're tough on your lower back

i think you're right that most people probably shouldn't deadlift every day. my point was more that people should (slowly) adjust their workloads and see what works for them. most people seriously underestimate how frequently they can train, provided they work up to it and autoregulate their efforts. i'm not suggesting doing really stupid shit like trying to pull near-maxes with a sore lower back

contrary to popular belief arent that hard on lower back since bar is directly under hips

it destroys lats tho

I would love to, but I also want to squat and doing them on the same day was shit. Not really sure how to fit two deadlifts a week into a PPL which is an otherwise excellent program.

interesting—i didn't know that. (i've never done them and was just going off the movement pattern.) ty

you can do them on pull days as your primary lift, but you should arrange the days as: legs/pull/push/legs/pull/push/rest

My pull day is already overbooked. I do 7-8 exercises every time and still have to rotate some stuff (though I like the rotation, keeps things fresh). Spending 2 hours at the gym is fine but I don't think I'd have the energy or endurance to train all that after a heavy deadlift.

you won't be able to do conventional 2x a week with significant volume, but you can definitely do variations, sumo, deficits, pulls to knees, etc

tons of PL programs have twice weekly pulling

then don't do deadlifts

or rearrange your pull day: not that you're asking for suggestions, but one selection of 7-8 exercises featuring deadlifts could be

>deadlifts
>two or three exercises from: Pendlay row, bent-over row, t-bar row, lat pull down, weighted pull-up, weighted chin-up
>two exercises from: preacher curls, concentration curls, hammer curls, standing curls, Zottman curls, 21s
>face pulls
>farmer's walks

?

yeah I guess that could work but comparing that to my average pull day now that would train my upper back lighter than I'm used to. my typical pull day would be something like

low row
db hammer curl
bb pendlay row
db shrugs
lat pull to the front
db curl
lat pull to the back
facepulls

I love training back so I guess I'll just stick to diddlying every other leg day :(

I do heavy deadlifts 5x5 on Monday and high volume deadlifts on Thursday.

I like it

Squat 3x a week and deadlift once every two weeks.

This is how I know you're underage and should go back to le reddit.

> heavy
> 5x5
pick one

>being this much of a sour cunt
>muh reddit

it is heavy in contrast to my Thursday lifts, when I do 10 or 12 reps with low weight.

Just sharing my experience with OP, who asked about DL twice a week.

i do regular diddlys and replaced squats with sumo diddlys til my knee is better, seems fine for now

You can deadlift once or twice in 7 days cycle. Deadlift tax your CNS alot more than squats.If you are beginner or novice your CNS can take up to 5 days to recover fully. You will progress on deadlifts with only 5-10 reps on 65-80% 1RM done within 4-7 days for beginner/novice given that rest of your workout is also sufficient.

It's because Veeky Forums is one of the four gateway boards to Veeky Forums. Redditors flock to Veeky Forums and have no clue how to be a part of the board culture because they're fucking retarded and don't take the time to lurk. It's been like this for the past four years at least. They don't have their joke or sarcasm indicators so they take everything 100% seriously. Even if they do understand that it's a joke, the only thing they'll contribute is a "This." or an "Underrated post." because they can't click their upvote button but need the world to know about their opinion.

To top it off everyone is incredibly self-righteous and arrogant because they read the sticky and all of the sudden have a lot more knowledge than they did before. They think it's the end all, be all of fitness knowledge and so they try to preach and instruct others when, in fact, they know the barest minimum and should shut the fuck up. The most outspoken posters happen to be the ones that have the most shallow knowledge about the subject. Veeky Forums has always been hot garbage, but at least it used to have its moments. Nu-Veeky Forums is just bullshit and circlejerking 100% of the time.