Water fast

Is it good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O8IwWatbcRM
youtube.com/watch?v=5odKC4x-61E
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4531065/
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/
telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/fasting-for-three-days-can-regenerate-entire-immune-system-study/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4257368/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4899145/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm on day three and losing my fucking mind.

How much weight have you lost?

im dropping about 2 lbs a day

its made my mind feral though, I feel like a wild animal. I was not prepared for how fucked up it makes you mentally.

Im on day 2, not sure how long to go though.

>OP being retarded thinking this is legit

Oh wow

You need to consume electrolytes too

Also if you fast for an extended period (eg over 24 hours) of time your body will begin catabolism of your muscles. So don't do that

you're a closed-minded fool

no. get memed

first 72 hours is bad
after that it's just boring

That happens in any case of weight loss.

worse than the sip meme

Give a day or two more and you should feel better. Honestly the worst part is the boredom.

You will lose more muscle on slow cut because you are dragging the process out

It's a meme you retard, why don't you hop on nofap and HIT while you're at it

>huge calorie deficits and small calorie deficits work the exact same way

jesus christ

Wrong, you can mantain and gain muscle (albeit much slower than on a recomp/bulk depending on your deficit) on a cut with enough protein, just avoid eating stupid macros and make sure around 50-60% of what you are eating a day is protein and you will be fine.

I dont understand how this works. Where do you get your protein, carbs, etc. The air?

>fast for an extended period (eg over 24 hours) of time your body will begin catabolism of your muscles

As for energy its the fat deposits on your body
Protein you dont get.

I thought your body needed protein to survive

muh protein is a meme pushed by supplement companies

If you do your research, it's great.

Morton Lite Salt, Natural Calm Magnesium.

Just do what I do and water fast one day a week while eating at maintanace the other 6. Basicly I am on a 6/7ths the kcal I need so I lose weight.

How much weight do you lose doing that

Im 2 days into a fast but i don't like water so i'm using sips instead, feeling good so far.

I am on day two and holy shit is it just boring not being able to eat.

You really realize how much eating takes up of your day, and how eating punctuates your time.

That said, I just threw in a lip of Cope Mint and holy shit nicotine is next level when you have nothing in your body, feels like I'm 4 beers in or something.

Can you chew gum on a fast?

Why do you guys fast besides weight loss? Are there some health benefits?

youtube.com/watch?v=O8IwWatbcRM

No. No artificial sweeteners of any kind as they raise insulin levels. Even stevia, xylitol, etc. Try sucking ice or buy an ice shredder and make unflavored snow cones while fasting.

Yes, tons. Lowers blood pressure & insulin, prevents cancers, balances hormones, increases muscle if you lift while fasting, increases HGH by 1,000%, autophagy fixes a lot of shit like loose skin and scars. Increases brain activity.

I dont see why you would want to, why tease yourself?

>artificial sweeteners raise insulin levels
[citation needed]

Some sweeteners can indeed raise insulin, though never on the level of fructose or even glucose.

Xylitol has no effect on insulin AFAIK.

>Lowers blood pressure
And this is why I'll never try it. My blood pressure is already low enough, I'll probably black out if it gets even lower.

Your body does need protein to rebuild cells everyday. That is why your muscles in your face for example decompose when you have anorexia.

retards/bait/OP shilling this bullshit meme diet again

Niggers gonna be looking like the Olsen twins up in here.

This dude has been pushing this shit for days cross posting on pol as well. At one point he even linked and shilled a fucking book on this. Im tired of this moron

Can you tell me how you gain muscle while fasting? Really?

Yep the worst thing is the boredom. I Iove to eat too so it's even more boring

Test and HGH both increase.

Do it under doctor supervision oand/or monitor you BP daily while fasting. It doesn't drop immediately. You might be able to do 72/1 fast schedule and still get all the benefits including autophagy.

Wrong. Xylitol's a sugar alcohol. It will cause cravings during a fast. Have some fucking will power ffs and just drink fucking g water so you get all the fucking benefits, and don't crash.

for cancer it's great

How long would people recommended doing a fast? And how is the best way to break it?

Is it okay to take things like fish oil and saw palmetto on a water fast?

transient hormone fluctuations are meaningless, they drop as soon as you come out of fasted

When fasting the longer the better, with maximal benefits kicking in around 5 days. Just pay attention to your body, if it's over 2 weeks and you start feeling worse all of a sudden, it's probably time to stop.

For breaking it you just want something that's easy on your stomach. If you go straight into red meats for example, you'll likely get indigestion.

this is the kinda shit cancer patients should do, you are literally killing yourself by water fasting and not feeding cancer cells. Why would anyone healthy EVER do this?

>this total dr. oz tier science
lmao

So really no food at all? I would love to try this but then it would break my qt roommates heart to only make dinner for 1.

water fast lol. because diets are just too confusing huh?

Right, lets just clear this shit up.

Contrary to Veeky Forums opinion the body REALLY does not want to EVER catabolize muscle. It's a bad precedent, so the body will go to any length to avoid it. Once we're catabolising muscle that means organs are also on the menu, but thankfully, we have this thing called BODYFAT that is actually designed to be consumed during famine.

In response to starvation/fast, the body begins upregulating GH in response to .. the lack of anything coming in.

GH is the hormone that basically says fuck off to any excess muscle catabolism.

GH has a measurable effect on protein loss, and it's readily observable; i.e. I look at you day 1 of a fast and I see e.g. you're consuming 90g of protein per day by day 5 you're consuming 60g of protein per day. So we see this almost linear relationship between GH and muscle catabolism. GH goes up muscle loss goes down.

When you stretch this out what you see is people on a fast do not lose any extra amount of muscle compared to those on a normal diet.

In some cases, people using slightly extended IF protocols have had literally 0 (zero) muscle loss on a diet. Best of both worlds, hello GH, and hello a small amount of protein. So the body is happy.

But, again, it's worth stressing the emphasis Veeky Forums has with the body 'catabolising' if it doesn't get nutrients every 23.5559 minutes is basically a wives tale.

>hating yourself so much that you create an eating disorder for MUH HGH

I hate myself and you can't stop me! Only death can free me from this curse. But I'll be damned if I don't go out fighting.

Kill dormant cancer early. Get wrecked fasting deniers

> you are killing urself by not eating every 3 hours!!!!

how fat are u babe?

I'm a moron. Is that g water or is that just a typo?

you never fix loose skin or strech marks lmao. doing a magic fairy fast doesnt make you heal ur fucking strech marks u stupid cuck

Apparently it can help

>water fast one day a week
>basically on 6/7ths kcal

you don't get any calories from water you fucking idiot water doesn't have calories

fast=/=diet

NO IT CANT THERE IS ZERO SCIENTIFIC PROOF THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE STRECH MARKS FADE IS TO GET LAZER TREAT MENT HOLY SHIT HOW DUMB R U PEOPLE?

Autophagy canabalizes scar tissue during fasting. That's why scars disappear after a very long one, (like 20 days).

>fasting is a me-

/fit btfo

water fasting is fun but hard, its easier if you just fast intermittently, dont eat for 24 hours or so and then have some turkey breast and cheese or something. you'll stay in ketosis and you can resume fasting without going insane

also, carbohydrate free drinks are your friend. diet arizona green tea is delicious

So go 24 hours no food then eat and then no food?

youtube.com/watch?v=5odKC4x-61E

one meal a day
so basically 23/1

fast as long as you want, then when the insanity of not eating starts to really get to you, eat something that doesnt have carbs until you're satiated, then it's back to fasting until you cant help yourself anymore. you will lose weight, maintain more muscle, and won't be constantly suffering

youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
This might answer a lot of questions, especially about muscle loss, insulin, etc.

lel everyone in the thread mad. I remember when you faggots first heard about keto. The same reaction.

Water fasting is pretty much that, using keto.

Anyway, its good. Take salt shots though and eat a multivit. After day 3 itll be alright, you wont feel that hungry anymore. I didnt feel shit after 10 days lost a lot of weight and felt like a god. I'll definitely do it again.

I remember going over fasting videos on YT in the past and thinking those guys are fucking retarded. What do you know huh.

tldr. Try it, or dont and shut the fuck up.

Did you keep the weight off permanently bro? Now that you look back on it, was it really worth it?

Have done similiar lost weight, look good, kept it off.

Fuck yeah its worth it.

I ain't no pussy cuck niga that needs to baby down his calories.

I just wanna get the job done now even if it means I'm more uncomfortable.

I find it so strange people are like "WOW MAN TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT? HAHAHA NOT ENOUGH WILLPWOER?r?? roROFOFLl!ll!!"

It's like do you really think 500 calorie deficit requires more willpower than not eating? Are you fuckin retarded.

>eating less than your body wants you to every day and never feeling satisfied

vs

>eating to satiety when you're hungry, not eating when you're not hungry

Tell me again which is the eating disorder.

Nah I'm with you man. I've done the research and I think, especially with my health, I'll be good for it.
How'd you go adjusting to eating again? Small portions/good macros? You got a bf%?

Honestly keeping a consistent 500 calorie deficit for a year requires more willpower than starving for a week

Adjust to eating again? Bro unless you're stopping for a month you're not going to have issues with refeed syndrome.

Nice opinion, it's retarded and logically makes no sense, but it's yours.

Nah I probably didn't articulate well enough. I mean, did you eat high protein/low carb when you got back into it or did you not watch your diet? You often get fat cunts saying "don't do a [water diet], I tried it once and put all the weight back on!" I know most of it is because they are fat cunts, but worth mentioning.

These days I do fasts of 2-3 days without eating and then I'll eat the evening of the 3rd day.

If I'm not fasting in blocks of days I just maintain a regime of 1 meal a day at dinner.

No, I don't practice keto or anything like that. I'll usually break the 3 day or more day fasts by having a big bowl of minestrone soup for first meal as a way to jam a shit tonne of vegetables & nutrient heavy broth into my gullet.

Then I'll eat whatever anybody eats I don't believe there's any extra benefit to fasting for 3 days and then living exclusively on meat and fat?

You've accrued atleast ~7500 calories of deficit in 3 days if you do nothing at all .. so yes if you would like some bread then have some bread .. if you want some cheese then have cheese .. you can get away with it.

The only thing I limit myself on is crappy sweets/chocolates, I don't like to eat any processed calorie dense crap.

That's fair. Thanks for the advice bro. How much have you lost in the time you've been doing this?

how about you actually test things out instead of sitting on your ass armchair theocrafting?

I've tried both, and fasting is FAR easier than severe caloric restriction. It also has a far lesser effect on your basal metabolism, so you'll have more energy than you would otherwise. Real life experience trumps your retarded headcanon about what "should" work.

>3 weeks of alternate-day fasting reduces body weight, body fat, and plasma insulin concentrations in both men and women while a diet of 500-600 calories on 2 of 7 days per week induces loss of abdominal fat, improves insulin sensitivity; and reduces blood pressure.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4531065/

>a study in the june 5 issue of the Cell Stem Cell shows that cycles of prolonged fasting not only protect against immune system damage - a major side effect of chemotherapy -- but also induces immune system regeneration, shifting stem cells from a dormant state to a state of self-renewal.
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/

>fasting for three days can regenerate your entire immune system
telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/fasting-for-three-days-can-regenerate-entire-immune-system-study/

>Intermittent fasting, in which individuals fast on consecutive or alternate days, has been reported to facilitate weight loss preventing the progression of type 2 diabetes and consequently improve cardiovascular risk.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4257368/

>Diet mimicking fasting promotes regeneration and reduces autoimmunity and multiple sclerosis symptoms
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4899145/

Heh

I thought you are not suppose to fast more than 12 hours why are people in here talking about full days? are you guys trying to fucking die?

This is like arguing it's easier to suffer immense pain but only for a week than it is to suffer a pinprick for a year.

It's retarded, you're wrong, move along.

You're dismissed.

Also, likewise I've done both. So gg anecdote cancels yours out.

I'm on my 9th day. Yesterday I felt a little bit bad but mostly because I ate couple of potatoes with salt (salt was really GOOOD) and today I had to shit out something liquid dark brown. After that I feel reaaallly good and my head feels clear. I'm not hungry anymore.

So far I've lost 29lbs, starting at 294lbs at 6'4.

People that talk about being anorexic after that fasting are the ones who get 300g of protein everyday because muuh sweet protein powder makes gains.

you're not interested in having a serious discussion. go fuck yourself somewhere else.

Doesn`t eating taters mean that you`re not fasting anymore?

There is no serious discussion to be had.

You're trying to argue its easier to be literally starved than it is to slightly reduce your calories but still eat normally.

This is so stupid there is nothing to really argue about.

You have a fundamental malfunction in your brain, as I just said, it's like saying

" Oh it's easier to suffer immense pain for only 7 days than it is to suffer a pinprick for a year!"

Think about that logically, actually remove your ego and use your brain.

That's a retarded sentiment, anybody with an IQ above room temperature can work that.

It's easier to STARVE than to eat 1 bowl of rice less per day.

Just shut the fuck up, don't reply straight away, and use your brain (regardless of how small it is).

Jesus.

If you need salt, just use broth, then sprinkle it with lite salt, add some spices, then water it down a little to spread it out.

Technically you are right but couple of people suggested to carb up after a week just in case. So i just did that. But I'm back on the water diet for another week or maybe more.

desu I'm not a fan of broth and probably never will, but I will try out, thanks.

Isn't a fast only supposed to be 12 hours or at most a day?

i started a water fast today
see you in 2 weeks faggots

Did you still exercise or nah?

It's easier to not do anything than doing something carefully with organization

Doing two days water fasting
>Understandable
Doing two weeks water fasting
>ohboyamilaffin.jpg