How do I stop smoking weed fit?

How do I stop smoking weed fit?

I'm generally a miserable individual so I feel like I use it to cope, but I need to quit and I don't know how

Just went through this myself, man. I was smoking a quarter ounce a week, which is apparently a lot by normie standards.
Here's the scoop
>first three days are fucking hell
>I did not sleep, eat, or have any moments of happiness during that time
>after 3 days, the improvements ramp up (better lungs, smells, happier again, interested in life again, hungry and sleepy again) and bad side effects begin to taper off
>this entire process takes about 6 weeks for heavy users

So the best advice I could give is for the first 3 days.
>treat it like an illness
>stay in bed if you can
>rest; don't force yourself to do anything
>drink plenty of water
>know that the worst will be over soon

During those 3 days, all I could get down was hot toddy's. the alcohol helped a bit with the cravings and the lemon and honey helped me not starve. My recipe is as follows:
Juice of 1 lemon
3-4 tbs honey (less if you want, but I had no calories other than this drink)
2-3 ounces scotch
1-2 ounces hit but not boiling water

I drank those 3-4 times a day until I could eat regular food. This might not be the best method, but it worked for me and I'm over it now. I hope this helps, user. It is a very stark and lonely feel those first few days.

not OP but thanks for the genuinely helpful advice user

Stop buying it. That's how I did it. If I have some or if I'm offered some I can't resist. So I don't buy any.

Can't enjoy video games any more but hey, I guess that's a good thing too.

Beer helps. It only takes a week to shake weed cravings and you won't get addicted to alcohol in a week.
Also, fuck straight edge cunts.
Humans use mind altering substances.
It's in our DNA.
Life is pointless and feels like hell a lot more often than heaven for the majority of us.
Escapism isn't degenerate, it's the only logical conclusion.

ive been off it for a good month but i still crave it. But thanks to my job, i cant fucking do it.

So i guess get a job

>tfw liberal say weeds all good and has no downsides

Low test mindlet. Straight edge is the way to go.

I guess this is an autistic way of putting it but if you imagine happiness as a number you can maybe reach 110 for one day with drugs and alcohol but the rest of your days will be 60-80s. Get away from the grip of escapism and every day will be a 100. When it all evens out you'll average will be higher if you never touch any stuff.

I've had my share of daily smoking and binge drinking, I'm not some D.A.R.E faggot who just graduated high school.

Well to be honest in moderation, specially if you have a wape there should be 0 downside. But there are people like me, who can't fucking keep it in moderation. And again, that's the invidual not the substance.

I'm sure there are tons of people who are productive and keep doing what they have to do while still enjoy weed.
You can't blame the substance, it was all my fault.

This isn't bad advice. I went to the pub after gym every arvo for a week. When i got home from the oub i passed the fuck out. After a week i didn't feel like s drink because i wanted gains. Now i have the very occasional spliff by myself and enjoy my own company. I honestly wonder how i was ever so hooked.

Ive had two stoner housemstes who accomplish literally nothing and get so fucking worked up when they don't have/can't afford weed. It disgusts me.

Not true at all, my normal days are all 90 and drug days are easily 160-170

You have to find out why you do it, and then fix that issue. But then you'll become a normie, but you'll be happy and living a productive and fulfilling life. Or you could adopt a radical political agenda and beat the ever living fuck out of your opposition in the streets. Think straight edge. X lifestyle is for both left and right wing people.

I shouldn't do beer, I'm an alcoholic. And I'm not quitting because I want to be mr goody, I'm quitting because I don't have the money and it's not legal in my state. If I move to Cali or something I'd be fine picking it up again, it's just not culturally accepted here

This is good advice, but that sounds awful. This is not going to be pleasant

Yeah I'm basically about to run out and that's my game plan to force myself not to smoke

It's the best option out there in terms of mind-altering substances (Safer than alcohol etc), but it for sure has downsides. There's no physical addiction, but you can definitely become psychologically dependent on it. I rely on it to feel normal at this point

i'm also miserable and weed helps me bury my feelings. i have no advice to give you

It's actually quite easy.
Joking! I've been on and off weed for atleast 5 years. My longest off period was about 7 months.
I always end up returning to dank. I smoke one and then it turns into a month of smoking weed, then I quit again and regret it cause I did absolute jack shit during the time I smoked.
Then I get fucking Alpha fit super tier pro master after a month or a few months, and give myself a threat, which is a usually a big fat joint and it all starts over again.

lol i don't even smoke cigs

First day of smoking after a long break? Yeah 160 ok I can buy it. But it goes downhill real quick, not reaching a 100 even if you get to smoke all day. And the sober days after smoking/drinking are fucking shit, like a 30 or something.

It takes about 3 weeks after drinking to recover (for myself). I'm not talking about the hangover. People who drink every weekend don't even know what I'm referring to because they assume that's just how people feel all the time. Once you go straight edge for long enough you achieve that higher energy state and enjoy life and get shit done. Drinking or smoking just makes you wait for the next fix even if you don't realize it.

I can relate to this except after about 2 weeks the tolerances get so high I don't even bother buying any more. But a relapse every 4-6 months is pretty standard.

I smoked weed every day for 10years, I quit after 3 months of lifting when I decided I wanted to lose weight and I felt it was hurting my cardio. I quit cold turkey, I had minor withdrawals, I've not smoked tobbaco in a year and not touched weed in 6 months. Quitting was the best decision I ever made.

I stopped enjoying being stoned, I was constantly paranoid and autistic in public, I couldn't speak to people, my teeth were yellow and I was constantly spending money and wasting hours trying to sort out the next bit.

Just quit, you won't see an instant difference but don't give up, after a while you realise you're doing things, productive things that you'd never have done stoned. Gl

Weed is illegal in my state and it's more of a hassle to get a gallon of milk than an ounce of green.

Same. Not 3 days, but the third day - it The Worst. My saviour was a bike. I used to smoke daily at evening, so i replaced weed completely with a bike - 2-3 hours riding around town with headphones. Keep yourself busy.

Yeah, true, but if it never existed, then it wouldn't have affected you.

Of course there are tons of downsides even with a vape and moderation. Not nearly as big as alcohol which for some reason is the comparison but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Oh I'm referring specifically to psychedelics. I take lot's of RC's, smoking weed is only an occasional thing for me.

Substitute it with something else- the gym is my anti-drug
I know that if I smoke too much I'll become lazy and ruin my routine so I hold off

Those anti-drug advertisements were real

>laugh all the way through your teens at them
>"this is such bullshit how do they come up with this stuff"
>early 20s start giving them some merit
>"well some of these have a point but they're blowing it WAY out of proportion"
>late 20s realize they were right all alone
>"why didn't I listen"

I used to smoke - once you get rid of it for good you realise that it literally makes nothing better at all and isn't even fun, it's just a justification for wasting time that quite powerfully weasels its way into your head.

My major piece of encouragement would be that once you;re over the first few days of feeling bored and restless it's really easy to keep it kicked, though I struggled with serious anxiety when high which perhaps made the transition easier.

>Or you could adopt a radical political agenda and beat the ever living fuck out of your opposition in the streets.

You make it sound so awesome

It does make things better

>I'm generally a miserable individual so I feel like I use it to cope, but I need to quit and I don't know how

destroy your supply, cut contact with your source/dealer, and ditch any friends who are using.
you can reconnect with them once you are clean and stable, but until then, stay the fuck away from anybody who is involved with weed.

i make sound effects...whats your thing?

>it literally makes nothing better at all and isn't even fun
thats bullshit

>food tastes amazing, eating is super satisfying
>any and all jokes are hilarious
>nearly everything suddenly seems profound and deep to you
>movies / TV shows feel 10 times more intense
>easily get lost in super weird and contrived trains of thought

Ya the first week after heavy use is god awful, along with all of those I also experienced heavy sweats. It was fucking annoying

Smoke that shit up faggot. Quitting wont make you any better of a person. I quit smoking for 2 years due to random drug tests and my life changed for the worst. I wasnt happy enough to work out and I started eating nothing but shit foods because apparently only high me cares about my health.

lol all this is so true
however
>after a while of daily smoking realising your memory is going to shit
>brain multitasking ability severely reduced

I still need to find a thing

Holy shit you pussy bitch just stop. Just stop smoking, ya you'll feel a bit off for a little bit and have some weird dreams it's whatever. At least you're not having to cold turkey a heroin habit, that shit really sucks. But people do it, you can do it. stop thinking about it.

by stopping smoking weed, but literally

t. three year cannabis free brain

How?

>stop smoking it
>???
>stopped

a year later I also stopped smoking cigarettes with this same technique

who else /weed in moderation/ here? it doesn't have to be a quarter a week. I smoke less than an eigth a month. currently on a break for new job.

>tfw smoking up and going on a long ass bike ride in the sun

Moderation is key. The fact you went overboard in the first place means you were a shitty person to begin with. Take this time to better yourself until you're happy with yourself and once that happens drugs won't be able to get such a grip on your life.

1. You have to be doing it for you
2. Gonna need alot of willpower depending on the addiction
3. You might have a dopamine deficiency, and it could be a while before you feel really good naturally
4. Replace bad habits with beneficial habits, get something to fill that free time

That's pretty funny because when i get high I ONLY want to eat junk food. Or I guess whatever is easiest to eat that I don't have to cook, which ends up being junk food or fruit.

More like a half a week

you must not be able to manage it very well.
it motivates me to knock out that workout, get a toke in and then eat some broccoli chicken and cheesy rice. Use it as a reward for bettering yourself. it makes me a better and stronger person. hell even smoke sativa before you work out, some weed makes me want to work out while some is just for chilling. or just limit your weed smoking to once the sun goes down.

I can function fine on weed, it's that it's hard to get here, it's expensive, and I tend use it like a crutch. Plus, people tend to look down on it where I live and it's not going to be legal any time soon.

I also need to pass a piss test if I'm ever going to get a new job, so there's that too

>smoked daily for 3 years
>All my friends smoked pot daily as well
>Took other shit
>All of us deteriorated as time went on, taking more junk
>Decided I was over it
>Cut all ties
>Went straight edge
>All aspects of life improved
>Out if the group of 6 friends one is now a crack head, one killed himself and the others are just heading down the shutter

Get clean, if your friends only do drugs with you cut ties. There's billions of people in the world, don't ever settle with degenerates

Just grit your teeth and get through it. It's really not all that hard. If you have any left, get rid of it. Don't call anyone associated with weed. I'm currently going through a similar situation but it's been a few days since I've smimes and I'm already feeling better, more clearheaded.

Good luck OP.

I always say stupid people deserve what they get. I'm no exemption.

You sound like a fucking fag. It's weed not heroin.

Moderation is key.
It CAN fuck your shit up if you're a dummy.
Never do drugs if you're in a shitty mindset.
If you actually listen to your body and straighten your shit out mentally then it's great fun and a way to connect with other people.

Fags that smoke everyday can suck a fuck.

Pack a backpack and travel to a country where weed is impossible to get.

Hitchhiking around Japan at the moment. Haven't smoked weed in 4 months. I'm losing weight at the same time, too.

If you stop smoking weed that's a good start.

This. I've had issues with weed in the past. I can't moderate. Even when I try to, I gradually reach the stage where I'm lighting up a spliff first thing in the morning, so I treat it like an addiction and abstain completely. When I'm on it, I'm a useless fuck who gets absolutely nothing done and can't think clearly at all/am anxious af.
I train with a friend (who also happens to deal) who is perma-stoned, and he always has more energy than me. He's constantly doing activities when he's not in the gym.
Sometimes you just have to realize that people have different neurochemistry and weed might be every bit as destructive for you as harder drugs. Be honest with yourself.
What's really fucked up is that I've gone cold-turkey from opiates and benzos with will alone but I wasn't able to from weed. Last time I got clean, I packed my tent and some books and headed into the hills for 3 days, until the sweats had gone.

Wow bunch of faggy retards in here. Pussies, the lot of you. I can come on and off of heavy marijuana use anytime I want. I'm old school as it gets when it comes to Veeky Forums users. 50+, been smoking for literal decades. And a lot of dank reefer. Socal medical weed bro, mendo green, and tijuana gold, Thai sticks, you name it. Hell, we got wax now, and honeyoil, and insane edibles and I still stop anytime I want. Just quit for 3 months , and started recently again. The trick is to stop once or twice a year, and you can smoke forever. I'm not the only one who does this either. I have a good bud who travel for work a few times a month and he just stops for 3 days at a time here or there, and this cat smokes hash nonfuckingstop when he's home. This is some puss generation shit. Seriously grow some balls guys.
How do you quit weed? You just fucking quit. All those symptoms are 95% mental. For reals. Old head advice out.

Boohoo I can't quit weed wahhhh help me guys

Fucking idiot
Check yourself into rehab and see what,they say.

Bought weed in japan from the only black guy I saw.

Actually, most rehab clinics *do* treat marijuana addiction, including NHS run (i.e. free) clinics in the UK. If you're quick, I think they've held your seat for you on the short bus user.

No shit idiot, that's why I mentioned checking into rehab.

I think you've missed out on some key developmental areas regarding reading comprehension when you was learning.

I don't think I did. I think you were being sarc and made yourself look like a retard. I guess we'll never know...

I know this thread is about quitting smoking, but I was thinking of taking it up. I've always been severely depressed and have OCD, like actual OCD where I have obsessive thoughts that I can't control and can keep me from functioning in even a remotely normal sense. Could weed help me? I'm so tired of always being on edge, even though I get literally nothing productive done.

>H-haha dude w-weed isn't addicting bro

Nothing is one-size-fits-all, but I'm depressed and I'm happiest when burning one. It gives your brain the happy chemicals, gives you something to look forward to at the end of the day, and is a social activity. Like with anything else, there's no harm in trying it and don't go overboard if you like it.

How is life doing drugs at that age? Do you have a wife / kids / house / several cars / carreer or are you still living like a starter?

Might as well try it. If you don't enjoy the 'high' aspect, try getting some CBD oil, that works for me.

>I'm sad
>So I smoke weed
>I do nothing when I smoke weed
>That makes me sad
>So I smoke weed
Instead of being a retard try this

>Feel sad
>Want to smoke weed
>Don't smoke weed instead
>Read a book
>Go for a walk
>Take photos
>Go to dance lessons
>Go to improv lessons
>Join a martial arts club

Whoa so difficult. Kys if you can't figure this out

>How do I stop smoking weed fit?
try being less of a degenerate faggot, then it comes automatically

Jeez how many of you are just saying weed is bad because you are unemployed NEETS that feel guilty smoking.

If you are an adult and have a job then smoking weed and using it responsibly is perfectly ok..

>Adult
>Smoking weed
Lol

Anyone who habitually uses marijuana is a manchild in an extended adolescence

Lel ok then buddy. Lets see who you are, the most highest of men, you are projecting hard buddy. I use to be like you, fucking neet waste

kek

Adulthood is the best time for smoking hash because marijuana is physically harmful under the age of 25.

shut up

weed is not addictive

you just need to relax man

smoke weed in a more friendly environment/ change strains

weed is medicine

I don't know I feel like I'm in a weird position.
I only smoke at night, after work and everything I need bto do for the day is done,so it's not like I'm stoned all day, or it's getting in the way of things, but the problem is a get high EVERY night
I haven't gone to bed without smoking a bowl in over year.
I have a little left and I'm gonna smoke it all tonight, and than not buy anymore for as long as I can

>being this edgy

neck yourself, mate.

Smoked just about every day for about the past 7 years

Gave up for a bit a few weeks ago

Just went down to my buddies house, smokes one last time, left all my shit there and told him when the time comes id come get it

Haven't felt any kind of side effect or craving

It's not addicting, anyone who tells you that is autistic and has never been offered drugs or a social invite in their life.

Just realize that you don't want to smoke any more and it goes away fast as hell

>adult and have a job
>smoking weed

pick one (1)

this

also why smoke so fuckin much? are you a rapper or something?

>weed is medicine

it's literally the same as eating broccoli

Same goes for alcohol then fucktard. I smoke in the weekends and have few beers sometimes. Doesn't make me any worse. Actually relaxing like this often makes me have good mood for the comkng week.

Straight edge fags are annoying. Let people do what they want. I dont give a fuck what other people do. I do things for myself.

you have to be 18 to post mate

>I do things for myself.
he said while bragging about his addictions on a cambodian antique basket appreciation forum

>Straight edge fags are annoying. Let people do what they want.
he says in a thread about quitting weed while trying to promote the use of weed LMAO

also stop trying to justify yourself. any intoxicant is degenerate, for the mentally weak and manchildren. just because "other's do it too" doesn't make it acceptable. how many people eat like shit and don't train at all? the vast majority. then why don't you live like that too?

Yeah I guess not.... ...
....... ...... ........... ........ ......

if you smoke weed you would trip out because you are an unstable manic depressive most likely,, "weed is for degenerates" aka im a boring nerd who is 'straight edge' and plays video games all day

Are you fucking serious? Some people kick their heroin habits without taking these ridiculous measures.

It's just weed man up m8

>im a boring nerd who is 'straight edge' and plays video games all day
>projecting this hard
wew lad. wew.

Just quit cold turkey
I did since the beginning of April after being a very heavy user for years (trying to apply to a better paying job). I admit I felt a little sluggish at first, but fine after that. I dont even crave it when my husband does it in front of me, I just workout instead to keep my mind off of it. Just give it two weeks and see if you can push it out a little more.

Just stop. Don't be a bitch. But seriously, find something else fun you like to do to occupy your time. Read. Play video games. Get a job. Make shit. Whatever you want that will take your mind off it. I would say cut it cold turkey if you can

I have a friend who is an "adult" with a job and smokes weed. He goes to work, gets home, smokes, watches television or plays video games (=children's hobbies). He never does anything to improve himself, he just survives and numbs his mind with escapism and instant gratification.

He pays his bills so I guess he's "an adult" but why would anyone want to live like that? Weed makes you lazy as fuck and complacent in going nowhere with your life. I'm not saying everyone needs to have a "career" or something but you should be doing something to improve some aspect of your life. Not just overloading your dopamine receptors with weed and flashy images. It's going to get real sad real quick if you go down that route. He's always bitching about how his life sucks and his answer to it is more intoxicants. I don't want to be "that guy" so I don't say anything but damn it's sad to even look at.

>im a boring nerd

in other words

>i need weed so people think i'm interesting

>im a boring nerd who is 'straight edge' and plays video games all day
Pretty much the opposite. Weed makes video games actually seem like fun because they dumb you down enough. Go straight edge and you'll see what a retarded waste of time they are. Time killers designed to make you feel like you're doing something when you aren't doing anything.

>people think im interesting
>thinking i care about what people think of me

are you still a teenager brah

Kek butthurt fagboi detected. Being fat and lazy is one thing. Having weed and beer sometimes isn't the same.

What the fuck is up with this autistic buddhist monk self whipping shit that has come here recently?

since you think being "boring" in the eyes of others is bad, it looks like you do :^)

Of course smoking some weed sometimes is not the same as daily smoking. That doesn't mean it's totally without downsides and comparable to not doing any at all.
>What the fuck is up with this autistic buddhist monk self whipping shit that has come here recently?
If you aren't living an ascetic monk lifestyle you're missing out buddy.

this, so true.

They are the real autists here. Some of us can actually function in society but there are actual autists here who do nothing but browse Veeky Forums all day and start going on /pol/ and thinking things are degenerate according to other autists whilst they live the most degenerate liftestyles