/fat/ - Fatty General

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want
>Lose weight
>Get a more Veeky Forums body by lifting weights
>Autistically change your diet to some ultra vegetable no sweets autism because extremism is always good am i right ;^)
Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another if you are too weak to survive solo. We all know losing weight when you are fat is easy if you just reduce calorie intake, literally piece of cake. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need to lose weight for a number of reason. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice to troll or to reassure their extremist autism works for themselves, dont bother, always remember calorie intake, if it is lesser than how many calories your body burns you ll be fine.
And remember, if you are a loser when fat you ll still be a loser if you are thin, your weight isnt the problem.

>Read the Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
If you eat 500 less than that daily you lose weight, can go lower but never very low
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/11Xi1XPMRJB6A9Ws04kNPd2V0ScMmtRovOHmJmMCxVTk/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's the general consensus on water fasting for "little" amounts of weight loss? I'm 25 lbs away from my goal weight.

Water fasting seems like a stupid meme to me dude, but I will admit I haven't looked into it enough. You can reach your goal through normal means, though.

3rd for ez time fasting

It all boils down to how many calories you consume over a long period versus your TDEE over the same period of time. A single day fast can cut your weekly calories by 1/7.

For the guy last thread, lifting on a deficit isn't necessarily about burning calories (it helps), it's to minimize the loss of muscle while you're doing it

Speaking of fasting, I've been doing 18:6 lately and seeing some decent results. Thinking about amping it up as I roll out of keto and onto a normal diet plan.

Anyone do a low-carb, high protein IF and have some meal recommendations or maybe window recs? I'm tempted to try a 20/4 or a 23/1

who else /lightenoughtodopullupsnow/ ?

Finally below 215 and I'm able to do 5 in a row for the first time in my life. Feels good brehs

somebody said in the last thread that I would never get under 300 if I didn't count calories.
guess what? I don't feel like dealing with that tedious bullshit right now, because there is no need to. I guarantee I'm not eating more than 1500 - 2k MAX per day. when you are as big as I am, you don't have to micromanage your diet to drop pounds. It's not as if I'm shoveling gratuitous amounts of food into my face.

example today: three eggs fried in butter, two chicken drumsticks, a string cheese. that was it. and this is very typical. was the fat - protein ratio exactly perfect? probably not. did I eat more than 20g carbs? fuck no. did I eat more than maybe 1200 cals? nope.

I shouldn't even have to mention all the countless "lazy keto / diet" success stories I've read about on various forums and even on here.

B-booo hooo h-hoooooooo

>10:15pm
>only 720/1285kcal
>not even hungry
who /malnourished/ here?

>over my calorie limit by almost 800 calories
>still falls below my TDEE

I'm going to go biking tonight which I usually burn about 300-400 calories during. How should I remedy this situation?

Hope all you fat fucks make it!

I've no pics from since when i was 135kg, started lifting in January when i was 115kg (253lbs), 180(5'11) cm and 94 kg (207lbs) last pic and first pic was 106 (234 lbs), why i feel there's no difference and i'm making no progress and there's no muscles shown although have been lifting 5 times a week for past 4 months. The weight loss is getting slower and slower for past months, eating mostly vegies,rice,chicken breast,wholemeal pasta and stuff in similar manner.
Bench: 70kg/155 pounds
Deadlift: 140kg/320 pounds
Squat: 85kg/190 pounds
Ohp: 45kg/100 pounds

Progress pics. Do i've any hope for not getting really bad loose skin. Tfw doing all this to get noticed by flatmate that i kissed with and now got friendzoned and said i've no chance. What can i expect till september with hard dedication on diet/gym.

>Tfw doing all this to get noticed by flatmate that i kissed with and now got friendzoned and said i've no chance

Tfw we made out, spooned and slept together (no sex) and told me really likes me although i don't fit her "abs and ripped" standards. Next day she said we must stop and this has no future for now and that we should stay friends for now. What a fatfuck like me expected when tried to go for a 9/10

Bro you look the fucking same. Your diet is probably fucked. You can eat healthier and still eat too much. Especially with rice and pasta.

Seriously, if her refusal to sleep with you was a new years resolution, would you believe it?

Counting calories really isn't that difficult. i got a digital food scale and it really doesn't take much time. That being said if you really are confident you're not going over whatever limit you set for yourself then you will be fine.

Some people (like me) are autistic and need to know exactly how much they're eating. But if you don't feel the need then by all means don't count. You'll know soon enough if you're eating too much.

>I don't feel like dealing with that tedious bullshit
Nice attitude. Have fun staying a fat lazy piece of shit.

>9:33
>450/1,700

I'll eat a bit more but I'll likely stay under 1,000. I only had 1,200 yesterday and felt like I ate too much. I've noticed that I'm getting full off of half the food I used to eat for an entire meal.

>How should I remedy this situation?

Bike more or make up for it tomorrow. Oh and stop going over your limit!

boils
mahhh laeeeeeggs

Yeah i've the same feeling, but the difference between 9 of march and now is about 8-10 kg~. The difference is only visible from the side but i feel like nothing else changed and towards the end of March looked better. Diet is okay but lately i needed to cut the portions even more and replace one of the carbs in one of the two main meals of the day with vegies to start losing in relatively good pace.
This happened in March.

I would be focusing more on eating less than anything else at this point. But you've about 20lbs so you're making progress. Wait until you're under 200lbs and you'll definitely see a change. But you can't expect to go right from 253 to having very noticeable muscles that quick.

I think I'll just double my biking route today to 15 miles, rather than the usual 7. I'll add whatever calories are left over after working out on tomorrow's log so that I'll eat less, I suppose.

Was she drunk? Sounds kinda unrealistic but if she was wasted as fuck I could see that happening.

I'm 5'10", 220 lbs

Started at 235, been cutting for about a month now, haven't been counting calories, just started eating one or two good meals a day and cut out all other sources of calories.

My questions is, should I be concerned that eating too little will slow my weightloss?

Like, will 1000-1200 kcals a day for someone with a metabolism of 2000-22000 put there body in conservation mode?

what the fuck is this from

Is getting rid of all tempting food in the house a valid strategy for staying true to my diet? It may not be a long term solution, but I need to make some progress and stop having setbacks.

Yeah, first time we just cuddled together and next time we kind of got a bit tipsy and i was about to go in my room to sleep she told me we should go chill in her room and while cuddling told her i like her and she said the same thing and we kissed and some other stuff and talked till we fell asleep. Next morning it was all about how she likes me and she'll be there for me but we should leave it for now since there's exams and huge summer break and it's pointless. Then told me she wants to be "free" while in uni and she doesn't have experience in relationship and is not ready and other shit like that. And when i tried to bring it up again she went like sorry for giving false hopes you've no chance. Well it all bogles down to the fact that she's really shallow when it comes to looks and height. Dunno i still think i've a slight chance but i don't know i just got really obsessed with her and i can't like anyone else.

i started with 23/1 now im just full time for 30 days. both are pretty easy so far

Will the Lord forgive my extra burrito before bed?

I had a shake for breakfast and lunch with fruit.

But 2 burrito's post workout and one before bed won't kill me and my caloric intake especially after 1 1/2 hours of getting shredded?

that's not a lot of food for the day and very little fiber . eat a salad .

And you're the sick bastard losing all the weight in the contest, aye?

You just do a full 30 day water fast? What do you do for a living? Just training?

yep, I know. I just wasn't hungry.

I had some leftover candy when I started my diet and that's been the only junkfood I've had since. I regretted it pretty much every time I had some too. Not because it set me back but because such a small amount takes up so much of what I can eat in a day.

So yeah, anything you think is a threat to your diet you should probably get rid of. What that stuff is is up to you though.

im just dropping 5 a week, but yeah im already down to 265 this week. full water fast and gym 5 days a week + cardio

God damn. How do you find the energy for the gym and cardio?

Damn. So are you hoping to date her? I would think that once you get down to a certain level of Veeky Forumsness you might have a chance. But the danger is that it will have been too long and be kinda awkward. But I don't really know about that.

If I was in that position I would wait til I was under 200 or really starting to show some muscle and then try the friends with benefits route. That is if she was sincere about wanting to be "free" during uni.

idk, ketosis is burning my fat for energy lol

Tell me 'bout the water fast if you've been doing it for a while?

How long did it take for the cravings to stop? Any weird impact from lack of food? Clarity, insanity, etc?

What happened to the last thread?

it died , all threads die
each post puts it closer to death

what is your diet?

I'm pretty confident she just said bullshit just to make me snap off from here after what happened. Well i overheard her talking to her bestfriend on skype and she was saying that she really likes me but doesn't feel she should get into relationship with me and that she's afraid about the whole flatmate thingy. Well I'll have from 10th of July to 10th of September untill i see her again and if she doesn't finds anyone else i'll just go for it as soon as i can but gotta get as Veeky Forums as i can untill then.

insanity has been high, brain fog lasted like 2 days. im keeping a log of everything here

docs.google.com/document/d/11Xi1XPMRJB6A9Ws04kNPd2V0ScMmtRovOHmJmMCxVTk/edit?usp=sharing

Water, and sometimes rock salt

That's plenty of time m8. Hope she is serious about not dating and that she'll still be single by September. At the very least you could hook up. Worst case scenario find another place to live if she can't stomach dating simply because you're flat mates.

Been reading up on intermittent fasting and it sounds pretty legit. I'm never hungry in the morning anyway and typically wait several hours before eating and also hate eating before bed so it shouldn't be too difficult right?

Anybody try this? Any success? Any tips?

>sounds pretty legit

Seems like a dumb fad to me, but from your description it sounds like you've been doing it already anyway. Good luck I guess.

Thanks user for listening me out and offering me some positivity. Really appreciate you, hope you achieve whatever goals you've.

I'm with you been.
>10:18 pm
>1050/1200 cals

What's better calorie loss with cardio, intensity or distance?
I've been just running a mile and upping the speed every other session. But would I burn more calories running a slower speed with a longer distance?

It's bullshit m8. I read up on it and they claim you can eat as much as you want and whatever you want and still lose weight.

I used to wake up at 11 AM and work 12 - 8 and not eat a bite until I got off work. So I was generally fasting from around 3am until 9 in the evening. Not only was I gaining weight but I felt like shit too.

The reason people say to not skip breakfast is so you don't over eat later on and this is 100% true. Now sure, you could intermittent fast and still stay under a certain caloric intake. But this would be no different than if you counted calories without intermittent fasting. It's just a placebo affect.

You are not going to see significant muscle gain while eating at a deficit, it's true that you can gain some muscle while dieting as a beginner, but the majority of your gains will be made when you begin eating at a surplus.

As for weight loss, you will have to eat less the lower you get. I would try lowering your daily calories a bit more. Good luck man.

HIIT is the best for calorie burning, read up on it.

so what is a good program for a fatty on his first day at the gym ?

Wrong. Excessive Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption (EPOC) that results from HIIT doesn't require nearly as many calories as extended cardio. The general rule of thumb is you'll burn about 35 more calories per mile from HIIT. Do 1 mile total distance of HIIT, you burn 135 calories.

Or, you can do a considerably longer amount of distance and burn calories steadily over time. You can sprint half a mile or run 5K. 65 calories vs 310 calories. Your pick.

Long distance. Rule of thumb for calories burnt from running is 100 calories per mile. If you're doing high intensity running (like HIIT for example), for every mile, add 35 calories. The math will always work itself out. You'll get significantly more tired doing high intensity running than long distance running. Keep it slow and consistent if you want to burn calories.

If you want to improve performance in the gym, HIIT. If you want to improve health, long distance. If you want to be a runner, do both.

Anyone use pillar man theme to start the morning, Really helps jumpstart my morning stretch.

HIIT is worse than useless for a fatty with bad conditioning. they'll get exhausted before they get any real benefit and spiking their heart rate with maximal effort is legit dangerous.

>Like, will 1000-1200 kcals a day for someone with a metabolism of 2000-22000 put there body in conservation mode?

If you do that on a ketogenic diet you'd shred pounds.

If you're dependent on glucose you dont wanna run less than 60% your daily chaloric output, but if you're "in keto" your body goes straight to the body fat, keeps muscle in tact while fat is available.

Cutting on Keto you can fast for 2 days straight and feel like a million bucks if you've got enough body fat.

Looking after my sick son has made this week such a disaster diet wise. No gym, eating badly, still going to martial arts but damn it's been tough.

About three weeks ago I first discovered /fat/ and decided fuck it I'm tired of being a fatass. I've lost 8 pounds since and I notice that I go from being hungry to not being hungry in the slightest; almost feeling full. This happens a lot even when I rarely eat anything throughout the day and I have to force myself to eat. Is this my body consuming shit to make up for the lack of food to sustain the weight or some shit? I want it to be.

I've had good early results with the kettlebell Simple and Sinister program. See if you can get a trainer to show you how to do swings and get-ups.

Won't get you huge, but it will get you stronger, and it also works as cardio.

The other bonus is you can do the exercises at home if you have a decent sized living room.

Thanks i will look it up.

>First day of construction
>Bust ass in the sun all day but forget lunch box in car
>Finally get to eat 5 hours into my 6 hour feed window
>Ravenous so I end up slaying an extra thousand calories
>Burnt all of it off ahead of time, went to the gym to be especially under
>Went from grossly over budget to 500 under budget

Feels good, man.

Thank you man

Is fasting a good way to go about weight loss? Also, I suppose that weigh-in should happen in the mornings.

Can feel I've lost weight but no scales where I am ATM and I won't be back home for another 2 weeks or so, oh well

>88.3kg after bath and eating this morning
>was 86.3 on the same thinbyesterday
>was 88kg last week's monday
Enough.
I am staying under 5000kcal the rest of the week (4000kcal aiming up used this week and doing 1h cardio a day min plus fast the weekend and friday. I will be 85kg one way or another by next monday reeeee. Fuck you starvation mode doesnt exist retarded body.

I cut out animal products during the week days. I think I am going to make the staple of my weekly diet beans, brown rice, and potatoes. I just want to know if the rice and potatoes are dangerous at all? Regarding diabetes that is. I don't want to get diabetes. Also I drink a cup or two of frozen fruit.

>being carby boi
Hahaha every time.

But no.

How come you're rolling out of keto? Am thinking of doing the thing myself

Guys I've fasted for 24 hours and feel like I'm gonna lose my mind.

Use low sodium salt for those potassium gains.

I'm close to my goal and want a more sustainable diet. I'll keep the calories the same, just slowly ramp up the carbs to slip into a CICO thing. Be a bit more normal with my eating.

It's about forming and maintaining good habits you useless shitberg

Stay fat

Conservation mode doesn't exist. Metabolism actually increases while fasting.

I've been doing 3x8 wide grip since 275. Grow some muscles brah

Eat then. Drink water. Don't hurt yourself.

Is there such thing as the 500cal or 1000 Cal fast?

>yfw all the fucking gains goblins offer you their shit tier food because now they know they have unlocked your power level with all the teasings for being fat, and with your progress they will look inferior in 3-4 months tops.

>taking in calories

That's not fasting m8

No that's just a vlcd. And if you do that you'll lose hair.

Handsome guys are hitting on me now what do
I havent even hit my goal weight yet I'm still kinda chubby and got small af tits now
I'm so inexperienced, i just wanted to look and feel good about myself but i cant handle this kind of attention

when will the fat leave my penis be?

tfw not being hit on by guys.

fag

iktf

They'll leave you alone after they realize you're autistic

The most important thing is losing weight, right now.

Cardio, lifting, or both?

Is it true you can't build muscle if you are trying to burn fat? Should I ignore lifting until my weight is lower? I've heard building muscle burns fat in itself, though.

Right now I'm just walking (a lot) but I'm ready to move on.

What are some netflix shows I can jack off to?

both

Do both, or at the minimum lift. I've been lifting just past 18 months and I'm already seeing muscle as my weight gets lower (about 240lb atm).

Both.
If you have to pick one pick lifting.

Yes the important thing right now is losing weight, but in the future it'll be having muscle. No you don't want to ignore it. And yes you can build muscle as a beginner on a cut. The more muscle you have the higher TDEE you'll have.

You'll also look better and feel better.

So I slowly worked my way to biking 30 minutes twice a day, but now my legs hurt when I go to bed and when I wake up. Should I skip today and bike less afterwards?

IF 1 meal + PSMF. eat 1 meal only for the 24 hours duration. 24/1 meal

Skip today for regeneration, continue as usual tomorrow

How can I go keto with an Asian gf? She puts rice into fucking everything