Gym worst nightmare thread

I'm always afraid I'll slip a disk or injure myself deadlifting. I bench and squat fine but fuck I'm such a pussy when it comes to the deadlift. Literally only tried once. Should I just hang up the towel now or hire a trainer to call me a faggot and make me do it?

Just start with hex/trap bar if it's that intimidating. Get gradually used to the motion and transition to conventional or sumo if that's what you want. As long as you keep skirting them you'll be missing out on a compound movement that really does a lot for you in terms of efficiency and growth.

Otherwise have fun setting aside time to do some meme forearm workouts to not look all fucking stupid with imbalanced arms.

Headphones come unplugged while working out and my weeb music is blasted out all over the gym

deadlift really isnt that bad. as long as you dont arch or jerk going heavy its pretty difficult to hurt yourself. more likely to hurt yourself not benching properly

Really? I'm going to practice the motions at home and try it out my next lift day.

>Not having a 7 year old phone that does this

I listen to heavy politics and verbal shitposting podcasts while I work out. Even if my buds did slip, my phone just pauses whatever I'm listening to.

And I got 3 year old chinese cheap shovelware shit

I slipped a disc OHPing 2pl8, remember to check your form and don't lift drunk kids

Phone only seems to do that for blu tooth shit

This is the scariest fucking advice. Bring a buddy who knows what he's doing to check your form, and don't try to max until you're 100%.
If you try to pull with your arms instead of your legs you will tear a bicep and forever ruin your gains, and if you slip your back too far forward you run the risk of injuring your back in a myriad of ways that will ruin your life.

>Mfw no fit friends to spot me

getting my ass slapped by that one guy who always eyes me up, no shitting

>Someone talks to you about literally anything.

Actual nightmare I've had

>me in gym, midnight
>totally alone
>group of super hot girls walk in
>they 'mirin me hard
>eye contact, smile, they smile back
>get ready to bench
>going well, they're all watching
>slip and drop weight on chest
>they laugh historically
>trapped under the weights while they walk out laughing

>historically

brutal. one for the ages

i didnt even notice lmao

>afraid of hurting back on deadlift
>not afraid of putting 100s of lbs on spinal column and going up and down with it

really made me think

I had a buddy who was a personal trainer teach me all the lifts I know.

Were you really drunk when you slipped you're disc on OHP?

>personal trainer
>taught all the lifts you know
>didn't teach deadlifts

really activates those almonds

Just tipsy enough to laugh at something and let my core go. That's all it takes man.

where you from

I feel like I get this too. People stare at me in the gym. Either they are miring or they can hear my turboweeb music.

You're not lifting heavy enough to worry about it.

Doing squats and accidentally shitting myself or blowing a hole in my pants and waking Al Gore in the process.

Please take note of this thread from earlier tonight

>>>/41469025/

one of our very own just went to snap city. I'm cutting DL out of my workouts

woops i forgot how to Veeky Forums

i feel bad for that guy. asking if he can still squat and deadlift or if its going to go away. doesnt realize his life has changed

Me too. I sweat bullets thinking about the situation where a gym regular asks me what I'm listening to.

I love the shit out of deadlifts, they're my favorite out of the big three compound lift. Honestly considering doing them more than once per week.

Just look up some generic rap shit that released that week and say that.
Is Veeky Forums really just /r9k/ with muscles and homoerotic subtext?

Love me some deadlifts. Just don't ego lift and you'll be fine.

>DL once a week

Literally never going to make it

>go to gym at 10:30pm
>meant to be almost nobody there
>walk in
>There's like 15 people, all cages, squat racks and benches are taken
>People talking loudly
>Anxiety shifts into overdrive
>Spend the next 2 hours sitting in the bathrooms because I don't want to have to ask to work in and I want to make sure everybody who was there originally is now gone so they don't judge me when I walk out of the bathroom after 2 hours

life is suffering

I'm afraid I'll pop this muscle on my hip. Pic related it's the tensor fascia latae. Ever since I approached 3pl8 squats on 5x5 it's been sore and I've been deloading for months now, about 3. I even rested for 2-3 weeks with no leg workouts and it's still sore. Stretching makes it feel better but it hasn't gone away. I'm pretty spooked I'll end up a cripple but I can't stop squatting. I love it too much.

That's crazy. This has been happening to me too as I am approaching 3 plate. My form is pretty good but I swear to god this is the only muscle experiencing tension during my squat. Everything else is just bone and joint pressure. No quad activation. It's such a pain in the ass.

Lately I've just been doing sets of 8 with 275. Hit's my quads better but that little hip muscle is the only thing that gets sore and it gets fucking sore.

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong door, the leather club is 2 blocks down.

>diarrhea shit self on squat pr
>causes me to slip
>diarrhea shit self on stationary bike

One of these has happened

kys

Already tried, didn't work.

My fear is tearing a bicep. I always make the mistake of watching videos of it before I deadlift, and all I can think about is watching the muscle visible pull apart as they're lifting the bar.
Sends a chill down my spine desu

Also passing out, I've come very close during some ab and leg workouts. A friend of mine passed out doing dragon flags and pissed himself, never heard the end of it from the gym regulars.

>dragon flags

thats why u dont be doin naruto ass shit in the gym nicaugh

>doing deadlifts with lolsmithmachine
>get into position to lift
>something feels off
>check my weights
>some asshat fucking removed the weights on the right side while I was resting so he could do shrugs with it

What the fuck. Taking weights from someone's rack without asking is one thing, but the fucking bar? What kind of autistic does this?

Fuck you

>subtext

get a better music player

Same breh. I've just started going to the gym so I'm learning form for pretty much everything.

I've been going super light (1pl8) to try and get my technique down

That my shoulder will somehow dislocate during OHP and the weight will fall backwards, fucking up like 2 people and myself in my tiny tiny gym.

>my gym GOT RID OF THE DEADLIFT because its trying to cater to fat women
>q.t. muscle girl who could have easily raped me left the gym
>never nutted up and asked her out
>can't deadlift, can't convince her to put on saiyan costume and snoo snoo me

Perfect diddly in a few simple cues
1. Cut feet in half under bar (feet not shoes)
2. Bend down and grab bar with straight legs, pull tension out of bar
3. Bring hips down until shins touch bar
4. Look straight ahead
5. Pull.
Remember to brace your entire body and keep your back straight

Thanks

Where should your shoulder be in relation to the bar? Directly above it?

I was trying to have mine directly above or slightly behind the bar so that I load my hamstrings and glutes and drive through my heels.

Shoulders directly over the bar

Did custodial work at high-end campus gym. On the first day they tell the new guys the story of the fellow who apparently had one too many laxatives prior to squats. The floodgates proceeded to open and they showed us the security footage they archived of the literal trail this dude made all the way across the building to the restroom. Had to evacuate the whole facility due to biohazard and told me they never bothered to look for the guy cause they knew there's no way he'd show his face again

My music player doesn't have built in speakers, so it's physically impossible for my music to play out loud w/o headphones.

Get on my level, pleb.

cool, thanks.

My core and back are both quite weak, would you recommend isolations such as ab wheel and back extensions for injury prevention on the compounds?

>Verbal shitposting.

Please elaborate.

>in old gym you can plug in your own music to play out loud
>owners give no fucks
>put on weeb musiic and disney tunes sometimes, when other clients don't get to the sound system first
Zero. Fucks. Given. It helped that I lifted more than most.

My current gym, a warehouse S&C gym has a similar set up, but doesn't have so many opportunities since the opening hours are shorter and its busier. Plus, I prefer lifting to relatiively mellow musiic and weeb stuff can be distracting. But I still do time to time, as a guilty pleasure.

For me, breathing well, makes a big differences in stability and it's harder to breath for DLs. But that's me.

Fuck you, leather head!

deadlift injuries are such a joke (as long as you dont use mixed grip)

Sort of related to OP. Injured my ribs playing football, with self diagnosis it seems like I have cracked ribs.
Did some googling and it says to avoid chest workouts for at least 3-6 weeks, scared I'm gonna lose pec gains. Any tips lads?

Having to speak to a woman.