Water Fasting: Meme or Reality?

Alright Veeky Forums drop some knowledge on me about long-term ketogenic water fasting.

If prepared for, executed and recovered from properly; Is water fasting a viable practice? Or is it just another meme clense?

I for one recommend mandatory water fasting for all land-whales >40%BF. Sleep for 3 weeks and watch your body-fat melt.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4531065/
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/
telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/fasting-for-three-days-can-regenerate-entire-immune-system-study/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4257368/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4899145/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Holy shit im getting sick of all these water fasting shit.
Google it yourself. Search dr fungs articles and decide for yourself. Its got tons of info and legit studies.
Now delete this thread ffs

it's legit. Research electrolyte deficiency, refeeding syndrome and Ketosis.

It will also legit kill you if you do it incorrectly.

>sleep for 3 weeks

So only viable for NEETS?

desu he looks better in the 2nd pic 3rd one he looks like a skeleton

you're delusional. he has no visible muscle mass in the second pic.

I'd rather be a little over weight than skinny with tiny visible muscle mass and very tensing hard.

kek, setting the bar that low. you must have no pride at all

very hard*

>a little

How about you count your calories and work out? You short cut searching pussy ass cunt. Fuck off.

Wasted quads.

Short cut to what? You still have to maintain that weight, it's not like you're going to magically stay at that % bodyfat after. Not like he's asking about DNP either. You're an absolute moron.

easy way my ass. Fasting takes incredible will power.

fuck off with this meme shit OP

I have seen 3 threads today on water fasting. Instead of polling here, just do it for a month and see if you look like that pic. I guarantee you won't.

or make 7 more threads over the course of 2 months. Then when you try it, you can realize that it is fucking stupid. After that happens, try lifting some weights and actually eating properly.

Nigga, I'm not the one making the threads and you're just a bitter cunt that fell for some starvation mode meme, better cut at 500kcal a day and oh do HIIT to raise your BMR but still cut at 500kcal because fuck logic or some other crock of broscience, skateboard squat bullshit. Calling it a shortcut just because it takes less time is beyond fucking retarded since it takes tremendous amounts of willpower, doubly so for any fatty taking his first foray into dropping the fork once in a while. Just the keto breath alone is enough to drive me up a wall and 13 days in I've sat through family get togethers and coworkers eating shit that I normally find delicious without once wavering. I also doubt anyone is delusional enough to think that once you've lost the weight you can eat a tub of lard a day and still keep the same bodyfat %, nor is it reasonable to think that everyone wants to lift weights.

What your peanut sized neanderthal brain failed to comprehend from reading the countless threads asking if water fasting is legit is that the questions are from a weight loss perspective, they aren't coming from someone that wants to get yoked as fuck. Maybe you should work out in the library a bit more? :^)

Finally, fuck off with your plebbit spacing.

t. Someone that squats and diddlies lmao 2.5 pl8s and bikes an hour a day, but wants to get shredded.

You don't need to count calories if there are no calories!

Cicolets BTFO

fasting for 400 days will kill you, you stupid fuck

why is everyone on this board suicidal

>fasting for 400 days will kill you
>a dude fasted for 382 days without any ill side effects during or after
>medical paper written on it

Haha, 382 is not 400, r-right my 500kcal-deficit-but-do-cardio-for-no-reason-since-you're-still-cutting-at-500-deficit bros?
R-right?

YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER YOU WANT TO FAST FOR 600 DAYS WHEN IT'S A FACT HUMANS ARE PROGRAMMED TO DIE ON THE 383TH DAY

Got me there, I concede. I was from big fast all along and you almost fell for the fasting jew.

Watching Veeky Forums try to argue against fasting is similar to what happens if you ask a robot to divide by 0.

I feel like someone can make a lot of money doing this type of stuff for fatties.

>fatty takes three weeks vacation to health spa
>spa puts you in medically induced coma
>IV drip gives you the water you need
>you just sleep while the fat goes away

Then again maybe that's how the Matrix starts.

fasting resorts already exist
they don't put you in a coma tho

>in disbelief
I actually searched it up... and the first result was a fucking cult retreat with full blown buddhist/yogi bullshit.

Alright Lads, I`m going do to alternate day fasting and maybe two day fasting in the weekend.
I`m keeping a diary and will make a post once I`m dead or reach my target.

I`m doing alternate day fasting due to needing to work,study and don`t want to die while re-feeding or due to lack of electrolytes.
I theorize that due to fasting for 36+ hours at a time the increase in the excretion of HGH will prevent the muscle loss you would expect from eating the same calories spread out evenly over the days. During eating the only carbs I ingest will be from vegetables.

No one is doubting the effectiveness of fasting in terms of weight loss, especially if you're fat.

What we can't seem to know is, how does it affect your metabolism? How hard is it to get it back to "normal" levels? How much does it affect fat free mass compared to calorie restriction? Especially in fit/lifting individuals that have ~20% BF and wish to cut.

All the studies look at normies or fatass and only look at weight loss or fat loss.

>Literally forcing your body to lower its metabolism.

Either that or your gonna overtax your physical needs, go in and out of ketosis and feel sick 100% of the time.

I saw that too. It sounds strange that they have no doctors or physicians, but monks and nuns to check up on you. Then again, people have been going to doctors for years and looks like shit, monks tend to seem pretty healthy I think.

I`m hoping that the lack of carbs will keep my body in Ketosis.

>3 weeks of alternate-day fasting reduces body weight, body fat, and plasma insulin concentrations in both men and women while a diet of 500-600 calories on 2 of 7 days per week induces loss of abdominal fat, improves insulin sensitivity; and reduces blood pressure.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4531065/

>a study in the june 5 issue of the Cell Stem Cell shows that cycles of prolonged fasting not only protect against immune system damage - a major side effect of chemotherapy -- but also induces immune system regeneration, shifting stem cells from a dormant state to a state of self-renewal.
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/

>fasting for three days can regenerate your entire immune system
telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/fasting-for-three-days-can-regenerate-entire-immune-system-study/

>Intermittent fasting, in which individuals fast on consecutive or alternate days, has been reported to facilitate weight loss preventing the progression of type 2 diabetes and consequently improve cardiovascular risk.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4257368/

>Diet mimicking fasting promotes regeneration and reduces autoimmunity and multiple sclerosis symptoms
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4899145/

you may damage your internal organs.

t. doctor

I've been planning on consulting a doctor about this and i'm already hearing him telling me that i'm stupid

You're a retard if you do this. Literally just dedicate yourself for a year to eat 700 to 1,000 calories below maintenance. You'll drop 90 to 100 pounds easily, you stupid fucking shits.

Let me tell you about doctors, they study for years, then they study some more. By the time they actually get to practice medicine the`re knowledge is old as fuck. Sure some things stay the same, like the names of bones and organs. But the actual application of medicine changes with new discoveries, discoveries that take decades to filter though to the universities and to the medical community. So you`re far better off getting the fancy new medical advice when it`s still fresh! Also your doctor might be a kike.

How much do you weigh?

if you are morbidly obese psmf may be a viable option. you shouldnt cut your protein intake whatever what.

t. fatboi

meme
look at literally any other vid on that guy's channel and you'll realise it was a joke
how retarded do you have to be to believe that
>shortcuts are bad
never gonna make it desu fampai

>g-gee Veeky Forums, should i do this?
>i dunno if i should do this
>is it natty?
>should i use kosher s-salt?
>wh-what does everyone else think?
>will it work?
>please tell me it will work
>some guy said it wouldn't work
>guys pls tell me what to do

HOLY FUCK IT ONLY TAKES SEVEN DAYS TO RUN A FAST

TRY IT AND SEE, YOU NUTLESS GUTLESS FUCKS

>starving yourself makes you thinner
Durrr is it a meme?

>will not eating make me lose weight
user, i...

the question is: what about vitamins?

This

Are you literally retarded?

this idea that you can fast for 20 years without consequences is completely retarded, goddamn you people are fucking dumb

IMHO the right monkey looks healthier

reddit

You didn't read my post all the way through. Go fucking try it dummy. If all you are going to do is say, "No no it does work, it isn't a meme don't say its dumb" then fine. Go try it and see for yourself.

I do "plebbit spacing" because I think it helps people actually read the post. Apparently that was futile, as getting people who think you can live off of water and be healthy to read is fucking difficult.

Who didn't read whom's post all the way through? I said I was on day 13 you knuckle-dragging neanderthal. I'm feeling great, still cycling an hour a day, no fatigue, no nothing. I'm also smart enough to supplement vitamins and minerals and since I did hundreds of hours of research into the damn thing before I started, eased into it with PSMF and keto and still keep on educating myself I know how to transition to a healthy diet of solid food without suffering any ill effects.

Meanwhile, you're a broscience spouting cunt that has no facts to back his claims, all of which sound illogical to boot.

>bruh, you have this abundance of stored energy and it's readily available since your body produces ketones but your body is a frothing maniac that instantly eats through your heart's valves as soon as you go 25 seconds without food
>it's true, bruh, I read it on this bodybuilding forum where guys ingest and inject literal poison in order to pose naked next to other naked dudes
>bruh, you should only cut at 500kcal deficit, but also do cardio and train to raise your energy expenditure for NO FUCKING REASON AT ALL

What a sad little man you are.

The only thing that work is a PSMF

good thing your opinion doesnt matter. you can even tell by looking that his face is more wrinkled

>doctor

Are you too stupid to learn yourself?

Probably.

You might get scurvy after 60-90days without vitamin C, but you'll be dead from starvation before noticing any other vitamin deficiency.

>never fasted before detected

Fasting takes virtually no willpower.

There's a reason alcoholics give up drinking for good instead of just "starting to drink moderately". Because once you're addicted to something having to still do it but stop after a certain point is a million times harder than just not doing it altogether.

I fasted for 7 days once. The only reason I stopped was because I had 0 energy all the time and was getting sick of sleeping 14 hours a day. The least of my problems was willpower. It was infinitely easier to stick to a pure fast than to a strict diet.

Once you decide not to eat for a prolonged period of time you will stop craving food. Food cravings are 99% psychological. After 2 days the hunger goes away too. Afterwards the sole obstacle in your way is dealing with the lack of energy.

If you're a NEET or student on holiday there's virtually no reason why you can't fast for a couple of weeks and drop 7 kilos on the way. Sure like 1-2 of those will be muscle, but you'll regain it much faster if you can just start bulking after 2 weeks of fasting than dieting like a retard for 5 months where you make no progress.

I am on summer break but how do you just not eat? It's routine to eat and now just stop for weeks?