Skinnyfat

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to get of this hell? I find it strange we don't have more skinny fat threads it is the worst starting position in your fitness journey. Due to all the contradicting advice out we need a thread where we discuss this issue head on. Has anyone made it out of this hell before? Please post before and after pics if you can or just tell us your routines and diets.

There is way too much contradicting advice out there like

Low reps vs high volume
cut or bulk etc.
carbs or no carbs

Lets clear this up once and for all

btw pic unrelated I am similar but with even a fatter gut ( i look pregnant)

Bulk and build a foundation then cut. Ezpz

Either bulk, or cut. Stop agonizing about it and fucking do one. If you look shitty for awhile oh well.

>people who don't lift
>think "bulking and cutting" applies to them

i'm so confused by this.

Maybe u should lift faggot

Lift weights
Eat Food

you dont even have to bulk/cut. just fucking lift and eat

Maybe you should read the sticky.

You have the perfect starting point. You aren't fat so you have a lot more leeway when it comes to eating.

Again, read the fucking sticky.

Lift hard and eat healthy.
That's really all there is.

Lift weights and eat. Cutting at this stage will only get rid of your last remaining muscle and you shouldn't even consider bulking until you're about 12% bf

OK so I'm slowly but surely escaping skinny fat mode my self

Here's what I'm doing
Eat Tdee-500 calories
And then the most important part.
Lift

Personally I'm doing Veeky Forums grey skull.
I like it alot and with it I'm almost On intermediate numbers for my lifts after 1.5 months.

We're all going to make it

What direction to go from here?

the gym

would starting strength be good?

literally this, if you're just starting out than recomp is going to have a big effect on you, you can easily gain muscle and lose fat, here's what you should do
>lift weights, just about any program will work for you if you're a beginner, SS, brosplit, PPL, just make sure it's somewhat of an organised routine and not random lifting
>cardio, not much, maybe like 10-15 minutes post workout or if you wanna take it a step further, do 20 minutes of fasted cardio in the morning
>eat, don't eat till you puke and don't starve yourself, don't even need supplements as a begginer, maybe protein powder, a scoop post workout and you're good
these 3 steps will make you look better than just about any normie, after the noob gains have worn off in about 3 months. you'll have a clearer picture of whether you should cut or bulk

Thanks brah, but I was thinking of cutting until I hit 12%.

The thing is, I have no muscle definition. Just flabby/skinny fat mess

If you haven't lifted before then you can cut and still put on muscle but apart from that you need to decide if you want to get fatter or get skinnier before you get better.

Not OP but,
>5'11", 150 lbs, ~18%, skinny fat
Should I cut down to 12%, and then lift?
I've been eating at a deficit and doing HIIT cardio. After I hit 12%, I'll start to actually lift. Does this sound good?

why not just lift already? or at the very least do some bodyweight shit at home, lifting will only increase the ammount of calories you burn, resulting in more weight loss

>eat at maintenance
>get free noob CNS gains without getting fat
>exhaust noob gains and start a small surplus
>exhaust linear progression without getting fat
>do a small cut
>look better
>???
>profit

>There is way too much contradicting advice out there like

how about you just
READ
THE
FUCKING STICKY
and actually do what it says

tl;dr do any beginner routine you want and stick with it.
do full body workouts with heavy hompound lifts three times a week while eating 3000+ kcal and lots of protein each day.
do this bulk for half a year and then report back with results. you'll no longer be skinnyfat.

Shit I meant StrongLifts

Not a good strategy, as everyone has mentioned you can gain mass and lose fat at the same time when you are just starting out.

By lifting and gaining muscle mass, you will make losing fat easier over time. Muscle mass takes something like 6 Kcal/gram to maintain whereas fat is 2Kcal/gram, so by cultivating healthy mass you will help yourself long term

Chose a decent full body routine and build a foundation.

You don't actually have that much fat, you just lack muscle.

Cut after you have decent muscle mass

I haven't read into it, but I'm sure it's not bad. Stick to a full body routine, avoid bro splits.

ICF, ice cream fitness is a good program and I ran it.

>inb4 jason blaha is fat
Doesn't mean the program is not good. I think it may actually be strong lifts with added accessories with the goal to build muscle.

>10 kg of muscles requires 6000 calories to maintain
'no'