I'm planning on enlisting in the Marines. I'm no where near fit enough to even handle boot camp...

I'm planning on enlisting in the Marines. I'm no where near fit enough to even handle boot camp. I'm six foot one inch in height and skinny as hell.

How the hell do I gain anything to make into muscle? I know I'm just not eating enough, but even when I get incredibly full on food, I never gain any real pounds to even begin working out into muscle. What's the point in working out if there's nothing there to refine anyways?

Do I just eat until I'm full and then eat more? Further more, what are some good workouts to prepare for boot camp?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zy41a_RtzNo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Te7ZNgyBJ4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get weight gain powder from gnc put peanut butter and bananas i gained 5 pounds in 5 days from that

don't even bother trying to enlist if you're asking Veeky Forums how to get into shape also literally everyone i know who entered the marines regrets it instantly and spends every waking minute of their time wanting to get out

I'm not joining the marines to get buff, that's only a side effect of my reason. Strong or not, you will become strong either way in the Marines.

And ya, anyone who just joined immediately regrets it. Same with all branches of the military. Boot Camp/Basic Training. Do you not know how the military works?

Check out one of the videos of Alan Thrall on YouTube how he trained to join the marines.

Word of advice, don't join the marines. You'll probably regret it, but find a bit of pride in dealing with how much it sucks.

If you're dead set on it though then it's time to start running, running, and more running. Do pushups, situps, and pullups; the military doesn't care about anything else.

SS+GOMAD

And then take a couple of months to build up conditioning, as most military PT standards are silly cardio bullshit. The strength from squatting LMAO3PLAET just helps you not injure your spine by jogging with a 60 lbs backpack.

I'll bite, why do so many say that "You'll regret it"? Is it because of the Boot Camp? The treatment afterwards? What is so bad about the Marines?

Because you don't learn any skills you can use after you get out. People that actually want to do something after getting out join Army/Navy/AF. You learn behaviors and principles in the Marines, not skills.

Not that user, but former army fag here. Was MI, and that shit's 90% joint service so I constantly had marine friends to compare experiences with. Marines got boned at every chance. They had to work the Friday after Thanksgiving while the other services all got a 4 day weekend. If there was no work to be done, work was made. I once saw a platoon of Marines rake an area with their fingers because "It's still the duty day and they should be working for their pay."

It's not just the marines, the military in general sucks. But the marines especially get the worst shit, and they're taught to like it that way. It's not just basic that sucks, a lot of people don't fully appreciate the lifestyle you have to live in the military and all the freedom you have to give up. Also the marines, as well as most of the military, don't ever learn any useful skills they can take into the workforce after.

If you're someone who really wants that life then don't let anyone stop you, just think about what you have now or could do instead before jumping in.

Are you not intelligent enough to be in the air force?
Are you not intelligent enough to be in the navy?
Are you not intelligent enough to be in the fucking army, even?

Okay, then the Marines might be for you. But if you can post here, you're probably intelligent enough to join a branch that wasn't isn't officially designated as meat shields.

I'm intelligent enough for the navy, but I can't swim

What and you think marines never swim in basic genius?

>I'm no where near fit enough to even handle boot camp.

You wouldn't believe the sorry sacks of shit that can handle boot camp. If you don't quit, you'll be fine. Hell, even if you try to quit they'll drag you kicking and screaming every step of the way. That said, don't enlist unless you can turn your MOS into a good job in the civilian world or your alternatives suck.

For your actual question, skinny is easy mode for most military training since the vast majority of it is calisthenics and cardio. Do your basic bodyweight shit and go run and you'll be fine. Just don't be one of those dipshits marching around with a surplus ruck because you got all motivated after watching some high speed secret squirrel video.

Marines work closely with the Navy.

But one of my main reasons for joining the Marines is the discipline and confidence that one would gain. And I'd be going into Computer Programming fields. The idea is that if I score high enough on the ASVAB, then I will be able to choose a Computer oriented job, which I'm almost certain exists in the Marines. With the open field that is Computer Science, anything I do should help me in general as long as it is computer oriented.

Yes, I know that other branches offer more in those areas, but the Marines offer discipline, strength, and confidence beyond that of the Army.

Is there something wrong with this goal? Would I really just be screwed over as a pawn in the Marines and sent as an infantry man?

You've gotten rused hard by a recruiter. You do you user, just make sure they're giving you the MOS you want before you sign anything.

I could be wrong, but I thought the marines didn't actually let you pick your job, or could change it if they want to. And no matter what branch you join you're just a pawn doing whatever you're told. The only thing the marines offer over other branches is the idea that you are better than other military members. You have that drilled into your head during basic training.

There is nothing wrong with joining the military if you really want it. Just completely understand what you're getting yourself into first. Do not trust recruiters no matter how forthcoming they may seem.

I'm just saying all this because I personally know people who thought they really wanted to join up, but were doing it for the wrong reasons, and ended up leaving during basic or feeling depressed as shit their entire time.

Recruiter is not your buddy he has lied about and enhanced everything he told you. He gets a commission if you sign up bro. If you want to do computer science ANY OTHER BRANCH.

The modern military in general is a fucking joke. Every branch is a collection of fuck ups and retards who either have a narcissism complex or lied about their depression issues and on the verge of offing themselves. It's incredibly surreal

There's discipline in boot camp but after that depending on your MOS, it's practically just like showing up to an actual job.

Also, just for knowledge sake: recruites are bottom of the barrel retards so if you're being persuaded by some garbage sargent claiming the military is "dying" to have you or that you're "badass" that should be a perfect example of not joining

Thank you for your sacrifice dumb goyim. On behalf of israel i thank you.

Going to Parris Island this October.
What's very important in the physical is your run time and max set pull ups.

Also dude, theres an entire week dedicated to swimming.

>recruiter

I have not spoken to a recruiter as of yet. I'm going off info from online and other veterans/currently enlisted.

My main reasons for joining are:
1. Money for College, or College while in active duty. (Yes, it is completely possible to do so while in active duty).
2. Experience and Honor. Gotta put something on those resumes, and the experience in general is great to have.
3. Discipline, Confidence, and Motivation. I'm a lazy ass. Even if I had a full ride for college, I'd most likely spend it slacking off. Ya ya, "Laziness is a choice", but I'm incapable of it, so I'm just going to have the Military force it out of me one way or another.

In the end, all I want is payed college, experience (Both in training and in job), and discipline. It's either the Army or the Marines. I'm just finding out whether I can get more of one while still being assured the others.

Marine Corps Sgt here. Its not that bad. You don't have to be in the infantry so the guy who said you dont get any skills is uninformed. Boot camp is easy, I was fit when I went through and thought it was a complete joke, even the fatties and skeles didnt have a problem with the training though. It's actually the easiest part of the Marine Corps. My job is easy and my life is easy, I run in the morning, work for a bit, go to the gym, work a bit more. My deployments were awesome. I'm definitely not saying that the Corps isnt gay, because it is. But if you can deal with the faggotry its an easy life. Pride also prevents me from considering any other branch as a valid option. If I was coming from an unbiased standpoint though, I'd say the only other branch I would join is the Coast Guard.

Don't do it

bro do you not realize they can literally send you off to a warzone?

you seem to be an "it won't happen to me" guy

An entire week dedicated to teaching you how to swim and pass the swim qualification. Get used to mountain climbers and running faggot, you'll be doing a lot more of those than you will pull ups.

I am completely aware of this. I know that I hold a chance to be sent off to combat. However, your chances are much lower if you have a non-combat MOS. They aren't just going to drop your entire role, that'd leave blatant holes in a spot that needs someone in it.

Even then, I have faith in my equipment, training, and fellow soldiers.

>Falling for the meme that only the Marines go to war

I know Airman, Seaman, and Soldiers who slept next to me in Afghanistan bud.

And I do wish to add, that I'd rather not go to bed every night constantly fearing about being sent off into a warzone. I'd say it be better to just think it's not going to happen, and then if it does then just deal with it then.

Similar situation; army vet, worked MI, lot of joint service (although maybe not as much as you because I spent most of my time in division instead of strat). I like marines because when you tell them to do something, they do it. The airman will just whine and bitch, the sailor will roll his eyes, and a soldier will often grumble while working, but a marine will get shit done.

>It's actually the easiest part of the Marine Corps.

Then what the fuck is the hardest? Other than the obvious "Shipped out to Combat" ordeal?

You are so fucking stupid. This is coming from a five year Army veteran.

Why are you so intent on joining the Marines?
>discipline
Do you think soldiers, airmen and seamen don't have to get up early, go to bed late and do as they're instructed?
>strength
Physical strength? Do you think the other branches don't do PT? What's stopping you from working out on your own? Do you have to be in the military to be fit? If you mean mental strength, I don't know how working as a Marine computer programmer can 'give' you mental strength.
>confidence
What does this mean? Does wearing a uniform make you confident? Why can't the uniform be a USN or USAF one? I don't see the difference.
>Honor
Do you consider soldiers, seamen and airmen dishonorable?

>I'm definitely not saying that the Corps isnt gay, because it is.
>But if you can deal with the faggotry
Are you talking about literal faggotry?

I come from a long line of servicemen going back centuries. My family has fought in literally every war in American history.

So if you do nothing else right in your entire life, LISTEN TO THIS ONE THING I HAVE TO SAY.

DO. NOT. JOIN. THE. MILITARY.

Every single member of my family that has served agrees that it's not worth it anymore. My own father once said "the military today isn't the one I signed up for" and he is 100% right. They should rename "The United States Armed Forces" to "NATO's Human Sacrifices" because that's what you're volunteering to become. Somewhere along the way our military got turned into a glorified chain gang controlled almost entirely by foreign interests. Until the military is back under the control of AMERICANS it is not worth working for or with them under any circumstances.

Never join the military for GI Bill

Experience doesn't mean shit. Unless you have a degree no respectable place is going to hire you because you worked as a mechanic for two years in the military. I know a lot of guys who thought joining the military would be better than school because the experience and they ended up at a dead end job drinking themselves to death

You won't suddenly become disciplined because you went to boot camp for three months. Some of the laziest fucks I've ever met were in the military. If you think you're just going to slack off now, you're probably going to slack off in the future

My experience was that on a scale of 1-10, there are several 9s and 10s, lots of 1-3s, and nothing in between. Female Marines were particularly annoying.

this

Here's all you need to know senpai.
youtu.be/zy41a_RtzNo

>discipline
I know that they get plenty of discipline, but why have some when you can get as much as possible?

>strength
I know they do PT, but again, why some when you can have it all? I could work out on my own, but why do that when I can actually do it for a reason other than "Guys look I have big muscle :D" Mental strength isn't really a goal here other than the confidence part. I'm already somewhat confident in myself, and I'm not suffering from any mental problems at all.
>Confidence
When I say "Enlistment" I'm referring to the Military in general. And just the experience itself can make one more confident, that's just general knowledge.

>Honor
No, I do not see them as dishonorable. I see each branch as equally honorable as the other.

I'm considering the Marines for the discipline and similar. Keyword being considering. The Army is an entire option for me at the moment.

>I know that they get plenty of discipline, but why have some when you can get as much as possible?
Because you're a human being. When I went to law school, I had to option to also do an MA alongside my JD. I considered it, yeah, because of 'why not get two degrees instead of one', but I'm glad I didn't. Law school was hard enough, and humans need some slack sometimes. You'll get told what to do plenty in the Army; why would you want it screamed unintelligibly at you by some prick who may or may not have a GED?

Look, it's obviously your life, and someone has to join the USMC. I just think it's a bad decision, when you could join the Army and get all the benefits you've outlined with less trouble.

Does it really matter? Seventy decades ago they sent multiple boats of soldiers up to a beach that was heavily armed and cluttered with mines and machine gun nests against a fucking cliff where entire boat fulls of men were immediately mowed down by bullets.

Vietnam was a war fought on our own accord where soldiers were sent to die in battles that ended up having no reason to be fought.

Ya people fucking die, it's the MILITARY. My goal is to lessen those chances by entering MOS's that put me as more valuable to keep off the field then, say, an infantry man.

>why do that when I can actually do it for a reason other than "Guys look I have big muscle :D
When was the let time you heard about anyone running 3 miles in a warzone? It's all just for show and ego.

Because if you can run three miles in training, then running one miles or a quarter mile in a warzone is going to be MUCH more easier.

The gayest thing I've ever done is sleep with another man naked in the same sleeping bag back to back. Definitely wasn't gay though desu. In all seriousness though, not literal faggotry. Nobody can make you suck a dick or take it in the ass.

Striving to better yourself daily because you know that war is 100x worse than boot camp and if you aren't good enough or strong enough then all of your friends can die. I train myself way harder than anyone else ever has or probably will. Most people do. Boot camp is easy, you dont have to be the best, just don't be the worst.

>I will get the valuable MOS I want, I won't be just a grunt!

How many other dead kids thought this

>The gayest thing I've ever done is sleep with another man naked in the same sleeping bag back to back.
>Definitely wasn't gay though desu

HOOAH, jk. I'm acaping, I can't wait to get my dd214

Don't do it OP, just don't. Fuck college, no you won't have time to get a degree while you're in, and in the civilian world it'll just put you in debt. And even by the time, if and when you do get out, and you get that fancy gi bill, with the way the worlds going, it's not going to pay your full ride, it already doesn't, and that degree isn't going to mean shit.

Only benefit I've gained from these 5 years, it'll be 6 once I ets, is meeting some best friends I'm going to have for life and knowing where I want to go and what I want to do. Other than that, fuck the past 6 years of my life, fuck the army, and fuck uncle sam. I would rather get butt fucked a thousand times with a spiked fire truck dipped in acid than reenlist for another day in the shit show known as the army. IF YOU ENLIST HAVE A HOOAH FUCKIN LIFE BUD

Ur gey. Fuk u.

>multiple people say that the military was a really good choice
>others say it isn't

I'm pretty sure that in the end it just comes down to personal experience and preference.

Yeah how much of the green weenie can you take and how often

Well I'm pretty sure its the same case of "I wish I could be in High School again!" and "I never want to go back to High School!"

Opinions I guess.

They can't relate man.

DONT BE A FUCKING POG
make peace or die faggot

READ THIS FUCKING POST

The military is not a place where you go to fix your problems or get in shape. If you are not already a disciplined, well adjusted person, it is not the place for you. I can not stress this enough, I have NEVER seen someone join the service, get unfucked, and remain unfucked after they got out.

DO NOT JOIN

At least it gives you something to do for 4 years

Are you OP? If you are then fuck it, sign write up, some people have to learn the hard way.

Please be b8.

Wanted to post the webm but can't find it, so you'll get a youtube link

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Te7ZNgyBJ4g

This must be bait.
All marines are trained to be riflemen, but you still go through specific job training no matter what branch you select. In fact, as far as I'm aware, Marines are actually afforded the opportunity to specifically select their MOS as well. Something that you wouldn't be fortunate to have happen to you if you were to join, say, the air force.

t. 0651

the recruiter will get you in shape if your ship date is far enough away, which it usually is

if you want a technical job, go air force

t. Mairne

You sound like that kid in college who thinks he's gonna be making millions cause he's a STEM major. The military branches have varying degrees of suck. AF has the least bit of suck, Marines have it the worst. You will literally have no control over you life and that which you have will be ruined by annoying, tedious, beurocratic horseshit. Don't know why you're joining, just hope you know WTF you're getting yourself into

MARINE HERE
DON'T
DONT FUCKING DO IT

This. All of this

t. recruiter

not OP here but is 23 too late to join? I have my degree, have worked a year, but I regret not joining during college, and plus the help on student loans wouldn't hurt.

5 lb of fat

/pol/cancer detected

I'm joining ROTC next year and I want to branch MI. I'm minoring in chinese. I know jackshit, Any advice? I'm in DC.

Nigga, you supposed to be on a damn boat, not in the fucking ocean swimming with sharks and shit. If you're swimming in the navy you dun goofed. Shiiieeettt