Wrestlers

Everyone says wrestlers are the toughest, meanest guys around. So, how do they actually train? Anyone ever been to wrestling in HS or college?

pushups, pullups, wrestling, lots of different carries( like bride, firefighter style, on back etc)

Long warm up (up to 40 minutes) including running, sprinting, acrobatics, wrestler's basketball/football/rugby, bodyweight exrecises, exercises with partner (carrying and similar stuff), then light stretching, then neck bridges, then technique, then sparring for task or free sparring, then conditioning (abs, push ups, dips, rope climbing, pull ups, kettlebells).

wrestled when studied at school, also I'm from Russia

LOTS of cardio and body weight exercises. Indian runs to warm up, jump rope, then in the room you have push up, sit ups, walking on your hands, bear crawls, then you'd stretch. Neck bridges and all that good shit. Then the actual practice would start, where you'd drill moves, a lot of them being physically demanding like the fireman. Then you'd be paired up and practice what you learned in a sparring match. After you're good and tired, then you'd do HIIT. Then the coach turns up the heat and you'd do sprints.

I was in such ridiculously good shape that I wrestled and played club hockey. After wrestling practice I'd shower, then by the time I got to the rink I'd be fully recovered and played 3 periods of hockey.

bump

steroids

did you still achieve an aesthetic bod with all that cardio? post similar physiques

Please tell me you know wrestling is fake...

I did greco-roman wrestling in HS.

I wouldn't say the 'toughest, meanest' but I would say that we had really long, rigorous practices. 2.5 hours. We'd warm up with pushups, handstand walks, bear crawls, sit ups, and then run a 1.5. Sometimes we'd do relay sprints with a partner, so as one was sprinting, the other was doing pushups.

Then came drills. We had all the moves on the walls of the gym, and everyone would partner up and quickly practice all the basic takedowns. I had a partner who loved to sack me during double-leg takedowns, so I was pretty miserable for the next portion.

After drilling came round-robin or training matches. You'd wrestle until you lost, then the coaches would come over and give you pointers while you waited to get back into a match.

Post match practice we'd do suicide sprints. Everyone was already pretty exhausted, but the coaches would have us all do suicide sprints, and if anyone couldn't make the 23 second sprint time, they'd add another set. You'd be dying by this time.

Finally, we'd have a minute to roll up and move all the mats to the side, and then we'd do cool down and self stretching.

We practiced 2x a day, 6 days a week (Saturday practice was generally basketball or some fun cardio, or tournament days) in the very beginning months, and then in the middle of the season we'd ease up to 1x daily, and time in the weight room.

Watch Vision Quest.

are you saying you practised 5 hours a day, 6 days a week?

They do a lot of stupid shit. The best wrestler is always someone on gear and doing resistance training outside of school tho.

2.5hrs in the afternoon, and an hour practice in the mornings, so only 3.5 hours total.

so you basically had no life outside of school and wrestling. how were your grades?

You get aesthetic as fuck doing it.

>5 am to 6 am practice, drilling

>5pm to 730 pm practice, if no comp that weekend, an extra hour on teus and thurs

>people usually drill 30 minutes+ for weightcut or because social pressure to be better to have a weight slot

>extreeme dieting. fasting for days to make weight and binge eating right after

>you are being picked up and slammed on the ground and thrown around aggressively sweaty and basically naked for 40+ hours a week

>wrestle off for weight positions, loser does 10 suicides for every point deficit

>in my case coaches were emotionally abusive and drank on the job, lol

>the amount of homo and fraternizing is ridic, and I mean like full blown dick touching and theyre like haha no homo like what the fuck

A lot of them practice outside of school, but I'm not sure how many High schoolers were on gear. Creatine and diuretics were seen as the gods of supplements.

My grades were pretty good-- My parents are 'tiger parents' and I had very little room for a social life anyway. They were really critical about who I even kept as friends, and they shunned vidya games.

As an adult I've managed to pick up most of the things they tried hard to keep me away from, but at least they were really firm about school and fitness. I've held onto some of their values.

Wrestled for Wasatch. Never done anything like it before or since. Played football and ran track too. Both were easy compared to wrestling. It wasn't unusual after practice to just collapse against the wall and wait for a few minuets because you were too weak and shaking to violently to take your shoes off. Like the dude above me said, you get ripped af. I had abs you could see from space.

There was a shit of that on my end, too. Not enough time to get a gf, everyone's horny, and the female 'managers' were there, but no one seemed interested in them.

What state are you from?

Just so you know, kids who play sports have better grades on average than kids who don't, and varsity athletes at elite universities (where they don't recruit knuckle-draggers just for sports) tend to average better grades than the rest of the student body.

>that
>2x a day, 6 days a week
holy fuck

Don't they get easier tests? Can't remember where I've watched it, but there was a video where top athletes complained they couldn't attend classes and got significantly easier tests because universities wanted to keep them.

Basically putting our bodies through hell for 2 hrs a night.

Warmup basically laps with push-ups burpees and some wrestling related exercises. Then drills - more drills and then live wrestling and then conditioning either resistance or Fucking sprints

that is actual training boys

not, hitting the gym three days a week for 2 hours

Not that guy but did your team not constantly fuck your female student managers? We had 5-6 and they were constantly getting their holes filled by half of us on the team.

I'd love to get my holes filled by a wrestling team.

Yes. You'll have low bf% and all the things to go along with it (better jawline, more definition, etc.)

Is this for real? part of a school or something?

>Indian runs to warm up
I don't really want to get warm to Indian runs

>greco-roman
>double-leg takedowns
what?

>and time in the weight room
what you did in weightroom and how long were your weightroom sessions?

The first guy gets on all fours, then the second guy gets on his knees and grabs the other guys waist from behind. Then they start struggling for who gets to be on top.

>tfw joining uni wrestling club this year

sounds like i'm in for a ride