Sup Veeky Forums, /out/ here

sup Veeky Forums, /out/ here

I heard you guys are pretty good with simple, easy to cook yet healthy and filling meals. I'm a vagabond, and I need inspiration for such meals that can be cooked in a simple pot over a wood fire from ingredients I can get pretty much anywhere and lug around for a few days in a warm backpack with no issues. I might be able to add fish if I catch any, pic related.

Any recommendations? Also, cooking thread.

For pic related use a egg and some flour and fry that fucker.

>frying a Japanese whiting

nigga you better be joking. it's the best fish for sashimi.

Boil an egg, powder the yolk, and roll the thin strips of flesh in the powder. Serve with soy sauce.

Sure, but first you have to explain in detail how you became a hobo

*vagabond. I ain't a broke alcoholic.

I worked every day for half a year straight. Saved around 13 grand. Packed a backpack with 35kg of outdoor gear so I can survive in pretty much every hemisphere. Applied for a working holiday visa for Japan first. Got on a plane for 25 hours, and now I'm here, bumming around and living inna tent.

Plain chicken breast. No seasoning or oil added. Cook until browned in a stickless pan. Add rice/broccoli to taste

Carry around a gallon of milk and a Shaker cup full of raw eggs

Anything else and you're just pretending to care about your gains

Why would you waste your time money and life larping as a bum

Freedom, mostly.

And a lack of motivation to settle for a career.

I'm still young. Even if I travel until my passport expires, I have time to get a career and start a family.

Chicken breast doesn't stay fresh for long outside a fridge.

Carry around live chickens and only cut out the chicken breast
>yfw you will be the cause of horror stories all over Japan about a demon who feasts on the heart of livestock and sometimes children

Also, if you're serious about. Learn about the health benefits of fasting. Video on YouTube about it. Something about "why I only eat once a day"

Lugging around 35kg on your back with an empty stomach ain't fun, man.

well invest in stuff that doesn't easily go bad and requires little to no cooking like nuts, seeds, raisins, oats, rice, protein powder, some canned goods possibly, maybe dried or smoked meats

this is my dream, how do I into bum mode?

Top nice, thanks.

see

What kind of job did you work? Did you support yourself in that time? I can't save that much in even a year with bills to pay on my shitty wage.

are you me OP?
saving currently for the same thing.
though I'm snow seasoning in Japan then vagabonding after. should link up

Hotel receptionist. And I literally worked every single day. 7.2 hours on average a day for half a year.

Neat dude. I'm here till January '18. You got a throwaway email? I know pretty much everything about outdoor stuff.

I would ask /trv/ and /out/ about this. You're not going to get good answers from the autistic teenagers on this board.

Rice stays ok without fridge.
Tryna eat dried foods so you'll have less isues with freshness (dried vegies : green lentils, spleat peas, soja : great for proteins : 20-25g/100g and carbs : 60-70)
Rice and subsitute to rice are great and filling foods.
For meat, sadly fresh meat doesnt stay fresh for long so you'll have to try can tuna and stuff like that
Potatos can be cool too
About fats : Peanut butter might be a good investment (lotta calories, proteins,carbs,fat, very nourishing).
Oils can complement your diet too

I work all but one day of the week, but several days I work two jobs in the same day so it's more than equivalent and I still can't afford to save what you did. Did you completely support yourself during that time or did you live with parents or something?

Completely supported myself. One room apartment with shared kitchen.

Wow do not eat rice that's been sitting out very long unless it's heavily salted or something, all colors of mold loves rice

What state did you live in? Cost of living must be higher here, because I am extremely frugal.

I'm European.