Gym Memberships

Hey Veeky Forums

How much is everyone paying for their gym membership?
I'm looking to start lifting but the closest gym to me is charging $50 AUD a week.
Seems a little bit expensive to me.
Thanks.

Also in Straya. I pay $120 for 14 months, but apparently my gym just happens to be one of the cheapest there is in this country. Most of the chain ones will cost you something like $800 a year.

Wow that is a pretty good deal. What gym user? And location?

Just an independent gym in Adelaide. 24/7 too. Where in Aus are you bro?

15 AUD a week. Genesis

50 is mediocre keep the place op

In Darwin N.T, even independent gyms up here are dear as fuck to join up.

Shame brother. Good luck finding something decent. Beat up a coon?

Zero dollarydoos a year

Pic related

30 USD a month for my town's gym, it feels expensive to me just to pick up weights and put them back down.

I could just steal his durries, get a workout from that.

I was considering making a home gym. I would just need to pick up all the gear. Even then, that comes at a price.

Works out to be 10 AUD a week, pretty good IMO.

Whole gym cost me less than $800.
>cage (new): $600
>bar, adjustable Dumbbells, weights (195kg): $190

Check Facebook, gumtree and eBay.

£20 month for access to all gyms in that chain.
Gyms are open 24/7 good range of weights - though only 3-4 racks so it gets nuts at peak time.

I used to home gym but kept outgrowing the weights, cant be arsed to beg steal and borrow extra plates and I don't wanna spend any more money on it.

Seems pretty good.

$20 a month. Private gym in Aus. Got every piece of equipment you need.

>actually buying a brand new cage
you could have built one with a little planning and work for literally 1/6 of that price.

I'd rather not risk my neck. Happy to pay good money for the thing that's saving me. Weights and bar I'll skimp on

Got a homegym for about 1200 Euro`s, been using it for two years now. So About 50 Euro`s per month.

I paid $250 for 12 months so that's like $12 a week or something im guessing.

Bumming my friends membership. Cost me 1 continued friendship

This is 100% blackwood fitness

There's 52 weeks in a year user...

You're paying $5/w

Liar.

You're right, you got me. He's paying $4.81/w

Thanks buddy.

I joined there at open and payed like $300 for a year membership which was a special, but I only went once. If it is actually $120 pa I'd probs go back though.

Which Gym? I'm paying $12 a week for an independent Gym in South Adelaide currently. It's kinda small but it is 24/7.

$198 for 6 months

It's even less now apparently $155 for 18 months on their site. I haven't been there for like 2 years now either though so not sure how good it is/ how packed it gets these days.

Blackwood gym represent

$10 a month, and I go in the morning so I never have to wait for a rack or bench

Ayo boys, Veeky Forums gymshark meetup at Blackwood.

I'm assuming it'd be pretty busy, but probably just packed full of old people.

12 euro per month
uni student privileges bitches

60 liras a month

Moving to Sydney in 3 weeks. How much should I expect to pay for a gym?

(50x4x12) $2400 every year buys you one hell of a homegym setup.

If you have any spare space at home go on gumtree or go to your local recycling plant and buy one of the barbells and some weights for $1/kg... old bench presses regularly pop up for free. The only thing you'd miss is the cable machines.

I've only got a 7ftx7ft space for a power rack, can you get ones that will work with maybe a 5ft or 6ft bar?

10 CAD = 7.35 USD a month

24 hour gym

Only problem is dumbbells only go up to 75 lb. Everything else is good though.

I pay 35 dollars a month and there is no cancellation fee but it's regularly 60 a month but since I make under 35k a year they give me a discount

$3/month

God bless hospital gyms

Jetts $13.50 a week