Red pill me on powerlifting belt

>Red pill me on powerlifting belt

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/

Poormans excuse for not having proper lifting form.

>Red pill me on powerlifting belt with proper form

LOL whats ur raw total then big boy?

I just recently got one after 2 years of lifting.

Deadlifts and Squats went up maybe 5-10% after hitting a major plateau. Nothing major, but definitely noticeable.

If you buy a lifting belt, make sure you get one that matches your fucking purse you pussy.

Don't buy a fucking rogue belt. Your options are Inzer, Titan, and Wahlander.
I can guarantee you've never squatted 5pl8

you probably OHP 90lbs

Why on Earth would I put 3pl8 on one side and just 2 on the other

Like straps and knee wraps, they aren't needed until you get into real weight. But once you're there, it becomes more and more necessary for extra precautions or assists.

Nobody watches a commercial gym goer atg squat 5 plates and cry "hurr bit he has a belt on!" Nobody that wants to be taken seriously, anyway.

You made me giggle friend.

same reason your mom takes 3 dicks on on one end and 2 on the other.

can personally vouch for wahlanders. quick release in general are the best kind of belts imo, so Id recommend titan longhorn too

strength shop do decent belts if youre on a budget. if youre in the uk MODIFIT do a pretty nice quick release for ~£40, which is the cheapest Ive seen one

You don't know what I squat. What I do squat, I squat without a bitch belt.

what you do squat is also very light

I don't feel anything in my knees but if I sit on the ground on my knees they always feel like they are bruised. Is this from squatting? Would knee wraps help?

kek ok user

it sounds like your knees hurt because youre sitting on them m8 :^)

you should get a pair of knee sleeves anyway. in the long term youre knees will be better for it. theres a difference between sleeves and wraps tho. wraps are mainly for powerlifters who compete in equiped or raw w/ wraps

post squat then

One million pounds

>I may only squat 1x bodyweight but it's superior to an "elite" lift because I didn't use a belt
That's what you're responding to. Just laugh at him like the rest of us and stop giving him (you)s.

sorry lad. I just get triggered by anti-belt fags

you're a big guy

it's good, helps you curl more
just be sure to use the power rack for extra safety

Buy a quality belt, don't cheap out. you should be able to reach 1/2/3/4 (for reps) somewhat easily without one.

if you compete it's useful for getting up extra weight

if you don't compete it literally only helps your ego. yeah ok you can lift more but it's because you have an accessory taking weight off your core. who cares how much you lift? you go to the gym to train your muscles not to lift the most weight possible by any means

>tfw could lift without belt and knee sleeves but I choose not to

It's just so comfy, and makes volume training more bearable. Who cares of the arbitrary standards of dudes on the internet don't like it.

Inzer and bobsbelts are best

I prefer bobs belts cuz you can customize all colors and get them to sew in anything you want on the back for free. Very good quality as well

7/10

what are you, a bunch of fat, balding, insecure powerlifters? too unathletic to do proper weightlifting or, god forbid, other real sports, too undisciplined to not eat like a warthog every single day, too shitty genetics to be lean.
but thats ok, you have threads about belts where you can tell weak, non-obese people how superior your 5 plates wide stance low bar squat is

Another decent place to get a belt is General Leathercraft, especially if you aren't competing.

Got one from them about a year ago just before a non-lifting injury. After 2 hernia surgeries and 2 disc issues, even though I can lift without a belt and have never hurt myself lifting, I don't feel like gambling on that

>this much projection

If you are not in heavy weight just learn the proper form and go with it, later buy one. You should use it anyway only on your "high" sets... I am so fucking tired of these faggots walking all the time with belt doing cardio or some shit like that... yesterday i saw guy doing pullups with straps and belt...

The fitness industry is a multi billion dollar market, and insecurity is the single biggest motivational factor to keep consumers buying shit. Much like the cosmetics industry for women, there is so much absolutely unnecessary shit you can buy. Most things arent being bought because they help reach the trainees goal but rather to make him feel better about himself. Running around with belts or fancy sport bags or straps or liquid chalk or earphones designed for the ultimate sports performance or whatever have you makes people feel good about themselves, first and foremost.
Now, im not saying these things are useless itself, but the vast majority buying it simply does not need it. Especially when it comes to most guy's primary goal, building a muscular, aesthetic physique. Especially the ones trying to get "stronger" ought to leave straps or belts away.

The thousands of fancy, colorful supplements are a whole different matter

Additionally it should be said that people just plain like to spend money. People will buy tons of shit I stead of owning one good belt and constantly replace their bad shit instead of just spending $95 on a belt that'll last their entire life. There's some fucking dude at my local gym pretending to be a powerlifter with one of those paper thing belts that tapers. Some dude said he should consider a real PL belt and he responded with "this is a beater belt". I don't understand this logic. Why would someone buy something knowing it's bad?

Would a plain old lifting belt be advantageous for someone with a fucked up back? Obviously it offer some support, but I've had pretty extensive scoliosis since I was like 16, and I don't feel like a strap of leather's going to offer the kind of support I'm looking for. The short of the long is that it's really easy for me to strain my mid-back/right under the rib cage; I often pop my bottom-right rib out doing deadlifts. I can pop it back in, but obviously it'd be better to avoid it. My squats are garbage, but I've gotten confirmation that my deadlift form is on point, but the rib still pops out.

Tips for improving squat form would be a whole separate thread.

All of it

Its really a shame how this marketing scam can poison so many minds and creep its way into something as pure and immaterialistic as strength training. What else do you really need other than a barbell, weights, a rack and some shoes? Some people in my gym seem to have different outfits, all kinds of tech tshirts, stretch shorts, lifting socks, three pairs of shoes, belts. They come with bags the size you could bring to a three day hike

> I often pop my bottom-right rib out doing deadlifts.
Holy shit maybe deadlifts aren't for you senpai and a belt won't fix that.

What about straps? I'm deadlifting above 4pl8 without straps and just started doing rack pulls. I can do a 5pl8 rack pull for reps without straps also, but not sure if my grip is a limiting factor for my deads or not.

Whats the verdict on straps?

F-For me...

Straps on rack pulls are ok because you are trying to overload large muscle groups and straps on other accessories are ok too if your grip is fried from earlier work. I would never use them on my deadlift though

This

Whats your goal? Do you compete in powerlifting? If so, you're working to increase your numbers and everything else is subordinated to that goal. If its not about driving your numbers up, what are you hoping straps will help you accomplish?

Nope just lifting for myself. I just want to get a higher DL. Never tried straps so I'm not sure if I added them all of a sudden my max would seem easier, and I could add maybe 20lbs. That's what happened when I got a belt.

I generally start out overhand, no chalk. Then overhand, chalk, then overhand chalk with belt, then alternating grip with belt for my last 1 or 2 sets. I add more 'cheats' as I go to make my heavy sets seem easier.

I didn't really consider straps until I started doing rack pulls though. I'm going to see where I max out in that regard.

Is there a gold standard for knee sleeve brands, or are they all about the same? Some look much douchier than others, I've noticed.

the "gold standard" would be SBD, but theyre pretty expensive and not necessary if youre not competing

rehband are pretty good and Ive heard mark bells shit is too. its not hugely important tho if youre only lifting for fun

Also consider less chance of bicep tear if you go strapped double overhand instead of alternating grip on those last 2 sets.

Sure it'll make those heavy sets a lot less grip intensive but personally I'd rather add farmer carry's into the workout than hold back DL if grip is holding you back.

Decent post

All lifting gear (straps, wraps and belts) are cheating, but they're necessary cheating. At some point the weakest link in the chain gives in to the weight, and you need to assist it somehow if you want to keep making progress on more important parts. The belt helps your core in the same way straps help your grip and elbow wraps help your triceps etc. remove load from a muscle group that just can't handle more weight to that other muscles can continue to benefit.

>straps
>acceptable ever
lmaoing @ forearmlets

The amount of beginners and novice lifters using belts at my new gym are staggering. Before I'd never seen someone squat less than 4pl8 with a belt.

Like the guy using chalk to deadlift 2pl8, fucks that all about.

I have a friend that squats 225 and brags about it... We talked about it, and he insisted I also use a belt.

It's hard to take belt users serious, unless they are lifting real weights.

At what point should you start using a belt?

I was thinking at about
>300lbs squat
>350lbs Deadlift

I wouldn't say squatting 3plate past parallel with proper form easy.

I rarely see anyone at my gym squatting more than 2plate. Even the bigger guys with decent bench stats; everyone seems to think your bench should equal your squat. When someone loads up 3 plate, they're usually doing quarter squats.

No dumbfuck the belt increases your core activation

If you're gonna talk this much shit post current body and how much you deadlift

even more if you sprinkle the belt by holy water

>Like the guy using chalk to deadlift 2pl8, fucks that all about.

M-my hands always get sweaty senpai

>Red pill me on powerlifting belt
If you need one you would know by now. Just keep lifting and you will get there if you need one.

Don't be one of the fags at the gym that is sub 1/2/3/4 using a belt

No a belt is for performance not safety...a belt will not prevent a hernia or fucking up a disk

Theres a massive faggot who wears his around the gym doing unrelated excursuses

Its almost like hes gonna suddenly rip out a 250kg lift

Belts, wraps and straps...I'm 52 years old, squat over 600, bench 4pl8+, dl 700+, pwr clean 315, two shoulder surgerys, torn bicep, knee surgery!!run a 40 under 5sec...Hell yes I'm going to wear a belt, wraps straps and chalk up!!! Been doing it longer than some of you have been lifting!!! Safety, yeah, former, yeah, it's all in your head!!!

Make sure it looks good with your romper.

Romper??? Wtf???

>I'm 52 years old
jesus man...I'm approaching 30 and still feel bad for coming here a couple of times a week...

They make your numbers go up so its great for your ego. Pretty much a crutch.

Still hit the gym 6 days a week with my older brother, 57, and he's stronger than me!! Lol. Bigger too!! Lucky bastard...consistency and positive mind brother!!!

Nice lifts. Also I like how you can tell you're not lying about your age because of how you type.

Just happened to be on and saw this site....yeah, I'm the old man at 52!! Who gives a shit if someone wears or doesn't wear a belt, wraps, straps or chalks..I'd rather see him doing that than dealing drugs or addicted to them unless it sauce!!!lol says the old man who almost lost a kidney!! Lmao

True!! Do type correct English!!! Lmao..ok..this old man needs his sleep...Chest and shoulders tomorrow along with work

I really really really enjoy your posts

Do not use it, ever. Thank me in a couple of years.

likely mild patellar tendonitis, watch yoself

I'm sad this opinion isn't more widely held. Every lifter at my university gym thinks they need that extra 20lbs or whatever the boost is

somebody who's never even lifted in their life can still recognize an apparatus that literally holds the weight for you is bullshit

Studies say it gives you slightly better core gains since you can brace against a resistance. Also if you can't brace good it'll teach you. Greg Nuckols has a pretty good summary of the science on belts in his articles.