/fat/ "Learn to make a new thread" edition

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want
>Lose weight
>Get a more Veeky Forums body by lifting weights
>Autistically change your diet to some ultra vegetable no sweets autism because extremism is always good am i right ;^)
Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another if you are too weak to survive solo. We all know losing weight when you are fat is easy if you just reduce calorie intake, literally piece of cake. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need to lose weight for a number of reason. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice to troll or to reassure their extremist autism works for themselves, dont bother, always remember calorie intake, if it is lesser than how many calories your body burns you ll be fine.
And remember, if you are a loser when fat you ll still be a loser if you are thin, your weight isnt the problem.

>Read the Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
If you eat 500 less than that daily you lose weight, can go lower but never very low
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_5rAjRuYTwpSGpWcVVXbW9LMFU/view?ths=true
drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EbfzFB0mBrMGJ6V2N5QWNfeTg/view?usp=sharing
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
coca-colaproductfacts.com/en/coca-cola-products/vitaminwater-zero/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm on IF, Just had my "lunch" at 3:30pm

Lunch was 2 scoops of GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 Salted Caramel flavor

Stoked to lift tonight.

How are you achieving your goals, fat?

Sorry user, I've been trying to keep up on making the new threads, but I guess it died while I was at the gym.

Pls keep this general going it's my biggest source of strength

Use to be 225lbs. Hit 181.8lbs this morning. Got a beach wedding in August I want abs for.
Agreed, this thread gives me strength. Its also the fastest moving thread on a normally slow Veeky Forums. keeps things fun.

>tfw puked while warming up for rows
>they were my first exercise
spent like 20 mins cleaning the floor, THEN i did my workout. still feeling kinda shitty desu but at least i still worked out

Started using this TDEE excel spreadsheet, not sure why some of the caloric values got fucked up though.

If anyone else wants to use it - drive.google.com/file/d/0B_5rAjRuYTwpSGpWcVVXbW9LMFU/view?ths=true

Mirin' your CW, user. I'm Started at 328, currently 50lbs down at 277.8. Never going back. We're all gonna make it.

And yes, I agree, I

file's protected bruh

Make it free grab. I ain't requestin' permission.

I've been tracking in MFP. Once I hit the 6 month mark I'm going to export the data then put it into tableau (a data analysis/visualization program that I work with) and come up with some cool graphics for you guys.

5'4" 192 lb girl with a goal of 130 lbs.
Going to start 600 cals a day on Sunday. I'm tired of being fat.

>tfw binged over mother's day weekend until yesterday
guess i wont be eating for the next week

Sorry fa(m) I don't use google docs much.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EbfzFB0mBrMGJ6V2N5QWNfeTg/view?usp=sharing

my MFP, been tracking for 2 years straight now.

I'm working on losing weight (started at 240 pounds as 5'11, now 220), but I'm quite disheartened by the fact that no matter what I do I'm going to have a nasty former fatass body when I'm done that nothing but surgery can get rid of. Are there any tips for making it subtler?

>5'4
>130 lbs
why are you setting a goal that will still leave you fat?

some girls have big frames, big tits, or prefer being a lil chubby. i dated a girl in HS who was in great shape, but was 145lbs@5'7''

Lift

I'm rooting for you user! Go hard!

>was 285lbs
>currently 262lbs

This is between December and now, how well am I doing so far? Redpill me.

That's in the 'normal' range for BMI and around 24% bodyfat. Not fat, though certainly also not slim. Just normal.

any progress is good progress.

Do a data export, anonymize, and post so I can start building the dashboard in tableau? Two years is plenty of data.

Once I get the thing working, I should be able to allow users to import their own data into the dashboard so they can see their own progress visualized across various KPIs

I mean is that good, average or bad for how much I've lost between December and today?

What this user says is true to an extent. You're going kinda slow, but honestly if it's sustainable and you don't have any specific deadline, keep doing what you're doing user.

just under a pound a week
sounds right to me

nigga that's fat af desu

It's bad then, okay I'll reduce my calorie intake more.

An user who is good with maths, I was wondering if I keep this up by the end of the year how much would I lose?

Whoa whoa whoa nigger. Wait just a minute.

I didn't say bad, I said kinda slow.

What is your height, weight, age, activity level, and daily caloric intake?

I'm here to help.

Not as fat as you are.

>losertown.org/eats/cal.php

this notion of bad or good isnt healthy. you need to make sustainable lifestyle changes. if you want to lose weight fast go get a tape worm but you wont be healthy.

if what you are doing is making you stronger and losing weight, then keep at it.

Why are you restricting so much?

off the top of my head, 32lbs
probably less because your TDEE will go down

What happened to the last thread?

It went over 300lbs?

Well if you really want the good/bad rating then its bad.
Most people who stick to a diet and gym lose AT LEAST 15 pounds in 2 months and you lost 23 in almost 6 months

fat fucks

my bmi is 21

skinny dyel manlet

went over 350lbs.

>being this new

true. but that doesn't mean she's not going to still be fat

6ft, 262lbs, 24, 4 days 1 hour gym sessions, 1800 - 2000 calories on average
Thank you will take a look.
I know but I want to be sure if there is a better way to lose more than a pound a week.
Hmm so at best 230lbs at the end of the year, any way to improve these numbers?
So I should be a lot slimmer than I already am, I'll have to cut down my calories by 200 see if this helps.

personally m8 I've lost 133lbs since september with diet alone
could have lost more if I tried harder, but as has been said; progress is progress

at what you're eating, do more cardio and don't reduce calories any further. you're already right around your BMR most likely

yeah 1600 cal a day sounds good, but if you wanna speed up the process 1300 a day is also great

Thats the numbers I want to go for, what was your caloric intake?
Any risks of further reducing my calories?
I think its possible for me to do 1300, what are the risks involved if I stick to this?

If I'm 220 at 5 foot 10 inches tall will i have loose skin when I get down in weight? Will it go away.

low, under 1k
don't want to say exactly because people will berate me
but 8 months on and I'm sticking to it

sup

I don't know about risks for you tho, but check websites like and myfitnesspal.
Make sure to enter your details, myfitnesspal suggested 1350 for me so see what it'll tell you

According to this if I stick to 1500 calories a day with 1 - 3 days to 3 - 5 days exercise every week I'll be at my healthy weight between November and December this year if I start tomorrow.

I will make it bros, fuck living a fatty for another year.

>3lbs in 25 days
this is getting fucking stupid now
I'm on the cusp of being under 170 and it's just such a slog

This is pretty neat. I may skew the unholy hell out of my numbers because of fucking around last Friday and Saturday but the second week should be more uniform.

Broke keto, drank a lot and watered up. Jumped up like 8 lbs because of that. Lost 6 since Sunday and now we're straightening back out but sheit. I don't reckon my TDEE is quite as good as ~4775

Can I get a quick rundown on keto?

Already being steady with my cut and losing more than anticipated with cardio
Already doing 16:8 IF
Already doing cold-ass showers
I want to jump into keto because I'm eating
205g protein
90g fat
65g carbs
average per day, and I could easily make the change to keto, but I read a lot of shit in the keto meme thread especially shit about it eating away at your muscles, so I'm hesitant

Does the keto meme actually help any or is it purely calories in / out?

if it makes you feel like you're accomplishing something, then I suppose it 'works'

Burns fat once it kills your carbs. You'll have less energy at the gym but no muscle decay.

Google 'keto ankerl' to get all your status, but you'll have to cut your protein down and lower your carbs to 20g a day, 50g net carbs max.

Both? I've noticed significant fat loss on keto, but I've also been on a large cut.

I've lost weight already but it's water weight so I don't want to be excited for nothing.

It helped serious curb my greatest weightloss enemy: hunger. I lost 50 lbs counting calories and exercising but I would still go to bed hungry every night. Now with keto I struggle to hit 1500 Calories a day since I have almost no appetite with all the fat and protein. Its great.

>stop drinking fizzy drinks
>lose 5 kg in a month no excercise
>start drinking coke zero
>gain 3.5 kg in a month
Its the devil i tell you

Good morning /fat/

It certainly helps in managing hunger. Not for strength training tho, purely for fat loss. I also notice that I can quickly shed fat but not that much

will this break a water fast?

coca-colaproductfacts.com/en/coca-cola-products/vitaminwater-zero/

>buying fizzyjew's products

>switch from normal coke to coke zero
>down 13kg in a couple months with no other diet changes
Sugary soda is the spawn of Satan. I just like to always sip something cold with a taste and diet coke fixed the extra calories issue. Never felt any extra hunger or anything, I eat as usual.

Is it possible to go from fat to ottermode or does the loose skin make it impossible?

did you actually look at the nutrition facts on it

Bless you

Depends on how fat you are. Height and weight?

6 feet
240 lbs

I used to be skinny and good shape but fell for the alcoholism meme, I want to look like my old self or at least close to it

You can get there man easily. 240 isn't too fat. I've fluctuated from 125kg to 60kg up to 80kg and then back up to 110kg, now down to 85kg. You can pull off ottermode, just care for your skin with coconut oil and cocoa butter. Aim for around 150lbs. Good luck man!

I think you'll be okay. It usually shows up on guys who are 300+ and average height, so you're probably safe. Stretch marks are likely a given, but don't let that discourage you.

okay you fuckers you convinced me to start counting calories even though I'm quite sure it isn't necessary at my weight level.
current - 370. goal -

Started IF and lost 5 lbs in 3 days. Feels good lads. I was losing around 2lbs ever 3-4 days so hopefully I can keep this up.

whats your weight? 2lbs every 3-4 days is a lot. dont expect that to last.

I thought IF doesn't do much for besides giving you better sleep, recovery, and lessening hunger, and that keto was for mad loss gains

Formerly 270 lbs at the end of January. Down to 244 as of today. Been currently chilling out around 2000 cal /2988 TDE(without exercise). Goal is 225 by end of summer and 200 by end of year. I've been using FatSecret to track calories (similar to MFP, but I like the UI better).

Keep on keeping on fellow fatties. And if you like sweet drinks, tea sweetened with Stevia is your friend.

It's time to admit that I haven't been tracking all of my calories for the past 2 weeks and I've put like fucking 7 pounds back on. I don't know how or why this happens but it stops now.

I'm my own worst fucking enemy and I don't even do it on purpose. Just negligent.

I'm 5'11 and started at 240 mid-April. I'm 212 today. Was 217 just two days ago.

And to be fair I don't really expect it to continue like this for long. But at least it's going faster than before. I felt like I was stalling around 220.

Forgot to post the pic with this, stay motivated y'all.

Your body supposedly starts burning more fat and your metabolism goes up around 8-12 hours without eating.

Git back on that pony and ride, sucka.

Losing track of your calories for a short time is one thing. But 7 pounds in two weeks? That shit is scary. Good luck reversing that m8. You can do it.

>was 6'0" 260
>now 6'0" 225

Only 35 more lbs to go. Half way there. When I hit around 200 I'm going to reevaluate what body weight I want to be at.

I'm naturally a fairly big guy, broad shoulders, barrel chest, etc. so I don't know where exactly I want to be.

What's crazy is I wasn't eating shit like fast food and ice cream and all that. I eat the same thing every day, just more of it recently. Yogurt, vegetables and usually a steak/chicken/fish for dinner.

Damn. So did you stop counting because you thought you were safe? Or did you just get lazy about it?

Just got lazy desu.

6' 2 265 here
Is KETO a meme?

How do I stop having the lower end of a 40 year old post pregnancy woman? I'm happy with how my upper body is looking but fuck these love handles man.

gotta keep losing weight.

Guess I'll be skipping dinner tonight, they had little chicken tacos at work tonight and I dun goofed :(

as a skelly i dont understand how you guys have so much trouble not eating

i have to gomad to get any gains

food is good

FUCK DAD STOP BUYING PIZZA

I know this feel. My dad has been buying shit food non stop since I announced my diet. I think he wants me to stay fat so he can keep bragging about how he was so in shape when he was my age.

Jokes on him though if I can stay in shape when I'm his age.

Get a new dad.

Just bought some Ephedrine and going to try an EC stack for 2 weeks starting tomorrow.

Redpill me one final time before I start

I'm bored that I can't start my new diet until Saturday when I can get groceries. Gonna eat a tilapia fillet, 2 boiled eggs, and 3 bananas every day. See what happens. First time monitoring my food. I'm sure the macros aren't great but I don't care too much.

how the fuck do you casually put back on 7 lbs??? even not counting calories you have to be cheating every other day or something to tack on that weight in that short amount of time

I found out that can buy enough broccoli and lentils to last an entire weeks worth of suppers for like $15.

just add hot sauce and mama-mia you got a meal