Hahahahhahahhahahhaha

Hahahahhahahhahahhaha

theguardian.com/society/2017/may/17/obesity-health-no-such-thing-as-fat-but-fit-major-study

yfw, "The World Obesity Federation has this month officially recognised obesity as a disease because of the wide variety of health problems associated with it."
ahahahahah fatties btfo

Fatties suck

>HAES
>Metabolic disease
>Diseased thyroid due to being fatass
>Joint pain
>Hormonal imbalances
>Heart is excessively stressed and thinned
>Blood pressure too high
>Lose grey matter in brain literally causing more rapid degeneration of the brain
>Increased risk of cancer

Anyone who believes obesity is ever healthy is a deluded cunt.

Killing yourself with your suicidally unhealthy habits isn't loving yourself. It is self destruction.

Fuck fat acceptance but BMI is still shit unless you're in the extreme figures.
>I understand that argument. BMI is crude … but it is the only measure we have in the clinic to get a proxy for body fat.
What does BMI have to do with body fat? I googled some heights and weights of NHL players and if you go by BMI most of them are "overweight". NHL players' thighs are fucking massive and they have a really strong core which makes them weigh a lot but they rarely have any excess fat in their bodies.

I realize that most people are not NHL players but BMI would still consider a skinny fat who can't run up the stairs without getting out of breath as healthier than a buff dude who runs cardio 5 times a week. Its importance is blown out of proportion.

>Being obese is unhealthy
>So shocking to the current world that they write an article on it
>Who would have fucking guessed it

>this is what lulberals actually believ

when jesus returns he will smite all fats for their gluttonous ways

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 You know that you are God’s sanctuary and that God’s Spirit lives in you, don’t you? If anyone destroys God’s sanctuary, God will destroy him, for God’s sanctuary is holy. And you are that sanctuary!

Read the first five words of the article

seems legit

llmao

checked

>heavenly sevens
DEUS VULT

Well that is really something.

czeched

Op here.

Not even mad the thread derailed.

DEUS VULT

BMI is a coarse measure that is a reasonable proxy for fat in the 'bulk' of the population. people who lift are not in the bulk of the population. nobody thinks that BMI is a universally informative statistic (e.g. it behaves oddly at extreme values of height) or that it's a perfect proxy for health. you're tilting at windmills m8

I know it's mainly used for large population groups these days but they drilled that shit into us in health class. Making us calculate our own and stand in line according to our score etc.

What are you guys gonna do when fatties finally get btfo and you all become normies?

THE LORD SPOKETH

HEAR YE THE WORD WITH THE LORD SPEAKETH

outside US we're already normies. this is something you people struggle with on your own

Im gonna leave humanity behind

holy

wowzers

>Dr Rishi Caleyachetty, who led the study, said it was true that weightlifters could be healthy and yet have a BMI that suggested they were obese.

Whew, we're good, lads.

KEK

>The World Obesity Federation has this month officially recognised obesity as a disease

so are these people going to be forced to get treated now?

It's not a disease, though. It's just being a lazy, gluttonous fuck.

Even on Veeky Forums I see people who think that BMI is accurate for anybody who's not a professional bodybuilder. I've only ever been a casual weightlifter, and am still "overweight" at 16%bf.
BMI greatly overestimates obesity in men, especially young men, and underestimates it in women, especially older women, because the latter are usually skinnyfat if they have a normal BMI

there was legitimate debate and uncertainty. Was being obese itself unhealthy, or was it just that most obese people have a poor diet and don't exercise and that made them unhealthy? Basically this was for if fat powerlifters are healthy, or if ALL fat people are unhealthy even if they do exercise a lot. That was a legitimate question that needed a legitimate study