How the fuck do I get rid of oily skin?

How the fuck do I get rid of oily skin?

Not 30 minutes after I wash my face (with or without face wash) does my face feel oily and shiny and gross. I finally think I got my acne under control with Differin so I guess this is the final boss of skin care. Would the cold shower meme help? #nosoap?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/
youtube.com/watch?v=RjKNbfA64EE
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2145499?dopt=Abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17314442?dopt=Abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11137872
amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=7337027011
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Use a moisturizer faggot.

You dry out your face using hot water and soap so your body overclocks your sebaceous glands to compensate.

Using hot water and soap is fine just moisturize after.

Yeah if I want my face to look like a frying pan I'll use some moisturizer thanks senpai

>I fail to see the problem with that

What the fuck does that even mean you sperg?

oil blotting paper

not him but either you're clinically retarded or you in fact are the sperg

DON'T KILL ME Veeky Forums BUT I RECOMMEND reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/
>INB4 FUCK OFF REDDIT
>INB4 FALLING FOR THE MOIST JEW

fpbp
started moisturizering after washing face or shaving, no more oilyness. Be consistent with your skin care regimen.

What's your diet like user?
1) make sure you eat your veggies, when I started eating lots of broccoli I had a noticeable decrease

2) how much water are you drinking? Do some research into cronic dehydration and skin issues

3) do you have a sauna at your gym? Natural sweat is a good skin detoxification

4) what's your mineral and nutrient intake like? Chemical imbalances cause all kinds of issues

5) DO NOT POP YOUR ZITS
I know it sucks but it's easier to fix acne then it is to fix scare tissue on your face.

Stay beautiful user

Cover yourself with olive oil like the Greeks and Romans did.

I've tried something similar, like make-up remover papers. They work temporarily but the oil soon comes back.

I'm looking to hinder the sebum production in the first place through some kind of bro-tier product or technique. All I know from a pharmacologic standpoint is Accutane but fuck that shit.

>They work temporarily but the oil soon comes back.
Try the blue ones by Clean & Clear. They wick the oil like crazy and you'll be good for a few hours at least.

What kind of moisturizer do you recommend lads?

I have oily skin only on some parts of my face, like upper cheeks, nose and forehead, not like the girl in OP's pic, she's got everything oily.

Not enough veggies in my diet, although that can fix several things for me. I'm working on it. I drink like a fucking camel, and only plain water too. Sauna sounds like a good idea, but will cardio work the same? Gotta start taking a MV again. My acne has mostly subsided but I agree that popping is terrible.

Thanks for the advice

I will look into this, thanks

Just get something that is
>oil-free
>non-comedogenic
>no salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide
>advertised as a facial moisturizer

I use pic related, comes in a kit and works well if I keep up the routine.

Wash your face with epsom salt +water

I will give this a try as well. Thanks

you may not be getting enough omega-3 fatty acids in your diet. try taking fish oil supplements

I use Kielhs ultra facial cream, but there are certainly cheaper options available.

bump

Cerave, I just use the pump bottle with the blue label. It is also the best jerking off lube.

This. Cerave is God tier

Drink more water.

Your face already looks like a frying pan you greasy retard, the moisturiser is to combat that.

Stop washing your face with anything but water

Im being serious, like 8 years of oily acne ridden skin went away the moment I stopped using soap and creams on my face.

It'll take a couple of weeks then it will be normal

what kind of retarded moisturiser are you using? You have to use OIL FREE moisturiser... Use brain a little, you are using facewash to clean your pores and get rid of the oil... you don't want to apply more OIL on your face

>not using this routine
youtube.com/watch?v=RjKNbfA64EE

Cardio. Lots of it. Sweat all the shit out.

sauce: oiliest fucker in the universe

If your skin is like mine it's probably the hot water doing it.

Doesn't matter if I moisturise after (cerave is great), the damage is already done.
Cold showers fixed it. No more dry, red and irritated skin that gets oily after 30 mins.

possibility here... you should clean your face like this:
>apply hot water to open your pores
>cleaning tool
>face wash
>cold water to close pores
>oil free moisturiser

Had the same problem. I changed to old school bar of soap and my skin stop being oily. Also shower 2 times a day or at least use cleaning wipes

Godsend

I have the same problem, my 2 cents but besides what you can see here I read keto can help

step aside bitches
the real champ coming through whether oily skin, acne or whatever:
T E A T R E E O I L

only thing besides banter that aussies are useful for

It irritated the absolute shit out of my face, though I might have been overusing it.

Now I just rub coconut oil all over my face and hair after a shower. No idea if it's good for you or not.

did you dilute it with water or straight up into the face? I don't disaccount the possibility that people might react allergic to it. Though, to all the friends/family I recommended it, none had irritated symptoms.

For me and many other people this was godsend. It helped to clear my skin completly without wasting 13 gazillion dollars on benzoyl peroxide.
>inb4 wiki says no evidence
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2145499?dopt=Abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17314442?dopt=Abstract
>got the feeling of that chaos and pain blog faggot

Try changing your diet.

KEK

its mostly genetic

only thing you can do is stop showering every day and when you shower only do it with water super quickly (

everybody looks better with a little dew~

You need to moisturize. I highly recommend Aveeno, I feel like most other lotions fucking suck

I got an oily face from a nasty case of sebhorrhic dermatitis, which is supposedly incurable but later found out can be cleared up with Lotrimin (butenafine). After that ordeal, a regular regimen of facewash and mositurizer killed the oil.

Don't use body wash, soap, and shampoo/conditioner for showering.

>Blasphemy!

There's a reason why I'm the only person in my social circles who's not experiencing some form of male pattern baldness. There's a reason why I never have to put lotion on dry skin.

I'd also try taking benzotropine. I probably have hyperhydrosis from teenage obesity but it's amazing. I used to have to bring 3 sets of clothes for the gym : The one I'm wearing, another one for when my current one is drenched with sweat, and another one for coming back from the workout.

It fucking sucked.

But maybe the benzotropine might work for oily skin as well.

To compress the main point of the topic...

Your body compensates for loss of protective oils on the skin (via the relative "harshness" of most hygenic products) by ramping up production.

You can see the vicious cycle develop from there.

I use this kojic acid soap - it's ridiculously drying but use it before bed and slather on a good moisturiser before bed.

Bonus side effects - skin lightening so evens complexion (if you're white) and has been shown in studies with rats to lessen the ageing response to UV light.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11137872

Well it works of chealting iron out of the skin, I guess. You (might) get similar effects from using Curcumin/Tumeric.

Excess iron is one of those silent great evils. It's why bloodletting was somewhat effective in healing bacterial afflictions (excess iron eaten to make more bacteria...).

CONT.

It's also why you should avoid most (US) wheat products. They add extra iron because some fag at the beginning of the last century was worried about lack of iron in pregnant women.

This

>nothing more unattractive than olily face. will take even a 9/10 down took a 6/10, AT BEST

And this as well.

Or stop using the racket of cosmetic products.

>Shower with body wash and shampoo with conditioner
>Body starts ramping up oil production

"Oy vey, mister that's a problem you have there. I have a bunch of things that could alleviate your oily skin and hair"

>Spend more money on cosmetics
>Male pattern baldness starts

"Oy vey, what a shame about that head of hair, why don't we perform expensive procedures"

ad nauseum

>Accutane
I'm going to do it. Fuck it. Start the prescription next week. Hopefully it will treat me well.

see
It's worth a try at the least. Give it a week or two.

Anyone know how to get rid of cystic backne?

But I have had acne for ten years, too. Tried everything, tried nothing, cold showers, hot showers, no showers. A skin care routine, no skin care routine. Still got a greasy face, messed up pores, and
>cystic backne
So I'm going to try accutane. Nothing else has worked and I'm 24 with only minor improvement over time, so why not

you have to diffuse it, m8.

Accutane is the only fix for this as it shrink your oil glands. For some users the results are only temporary but are apparently more permanent and long last for others. You can only get it if you have severe acne though, unless you have a very special doctor or get it online via the Tor network.

If you're looking for bro tier, try milk of magnesia on your t zone. Just a little bit. It tries powdery and sucks up the oil. Bit you can't tell

I feel like I should preface that I'm a femanon, but

amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=7337027011

I got the glycolic acid face wash for my bf and he adores it. It's also lasted forever which surprises me. For oiliness like pretty much everyone else has said you COULD be using too hot a water; you could also be washing too much or with too harsh a product. While it could also be a hereditary issue, it can usually be lessened by taking care of your skin health.
Lots of drugstore moisturizers contain shit that makes it easy to spread and feel vaguely moisturized, but actually don't do shit in the long run (it's the same issue for drugstore hair products, but I'm guessing you probably aren't worried about that). There's also additives found in larger quantities in drugstore products that you could be allergic to (I had that issue with propelyne glycol). Quality products are worth the investment.
Things you want:
-face wash (it usually isn't too big a deal what you use, just please don't use straight up bar soap. If you want to go drug store I recommend Ponds cold cream.)
-CHEMICAL exfoliant (hence the glycolic acid face wash, it was a two-in-one). Also applicable: enzyme peels, stuff that says aha/bha. I'm not a fan of physical exfoliants, the microtears just made any oiliness I had worse.
-moisturizer (Amazon is your friend. Avoid silicones)
-spf (cell damage can cause oil overproduction. Supergoop is GOAT brand)

Aftershave worth its salt usually has some sort of chemical exfoliant combined with menthol.
t. Biochemist. Sorry for autism

Fuck that pussy shit, just get the 70% glycolic acid peel off Amazon and a nice fan brush applicator and leave it on your face for around only 15 mins once a week. Not only does it help with oil production but it has also reduced the appearance of my crater acne scars after about 8 treatments now. Pffft, biochemist my ass.

>face wash
what are you, a woman?
makeup clogging up your pores?

be a man and wash your face with water only, don't put and products on it for a month, not even soap. you'll have perfect skin once your skin recovers from all the chemicals you're pumping into it

I never used much cosmetic products on my face, always used to wash it with just water, even during hair washing I try to keep the shampoo off my face.

Its just not working, the oil always comes back either I wash with water, some products or something else, its crazy man.

Tenacious D frontman and Hollywood actor Jack Black has his own line of skincare products?

Seriously

Some subreddits are fine. Don't let the memes get to you. /r/steroids is 100x better than /fraud/ generals.

>-moisturizer (Amazon is your friend. Avoid silicones)

I have the same problem as OP. Can you explain why you should avoid silicones? Because I've been using this moisturizer (pic related) that has done somewhat well so far. My skin only gets oily only after several hours. But it has silicons