Knowing what you know now do you think you would have started working out sooner?

Knowing what you know now do you think you would have started working out sooner?

I wish I started during middle school. My school at the time had a weight room which at the time no other school in the district had one.

Yeah absolutely. I wish I started in my sophomore year.

Yes, I was invited by the coach to the sprint team in middle school but I chose to stay home playing vidya, one of the biggest regrets of my life, I could've been a chad, honestly if I had played sports and ate well during teenage years

Why must vidya ruin the lives of so many young men?

turned my shit around freshman summer.
lost 40lbs and got shredded as fuck my sophmore year.
now im a senior, 6'3 200lbs.
so glad i did it early, made me the best looking kid in the school and made it ridiculously easy to get pussy.
still deeply regret fucking over some relationships and not playing football earlier though.

i was 14 so idk

Say no to vidyia

>tfw 5'8 and started lifting at 21

id be lying if i said im not jelly

i'm so fucking jelly

Would of started jits or judo in my late teens.

I played sports at a high level (we don't have school teams where I live) all through my childhood and teens. Spent most of my freetime playing vidya but I was still in that semi-chad grey area. The zone where you're not really a cool kid but all the cool kids know and like you and you get invited everywhere. Sports are pretty gud.

i missed out in highschool thanks to being a fat nerd.

>tfw youll never experience HS romance

How do you guys feel about vidya?

growing out of vidya is the best thing to ever happen in my life probably

I was invited to join the wrestling team
I declined and now I kinda regret it

I think you know why: so males never become men and therefore do nothing while their country goes down the drain. It's the ultimate way to channel male energy into ignoring the world's woes and yet still getting a sense of "questing" and fulfillment.

I hate that I love it

I knew it was the jews' fault AGAIN

I wish I had access to the kind of equipment needed to properly do SS at 16, so that I could have done it, joined the college rugby club straight away, and never wasted more than a decade of my life on golf.

what age did you grow out of them and how?

breh, i think this is slowly happening to me. I'm 18, but I literally cannot play for more than an hour of games these days.

Not him, but once I started browsing Veeky Forums, signed up for a gym, and you know, actually working out, I can't help but feel like I'm wasting time when I'm playing games and that feeling eats you up. So, I just workout like five times a week instead.

25ish
>how?
I stopped smoking weed.

Weird thing is I still see video games that look really interesting and the kind I would be into (city builders, management games, indie titles etc.) and sometimes even buy them on sale but when I start the game (if I ever do) I feel like I'm wasting my time and don't get any pleasure from it. Especially if I play long enough to figure out the gameplay loop it becomes like "I know what the devs want me to do next" and doing them (=actually playing the game) feels like I'm just doing a chore designed to kill my time. Which is what video games basically are.

Basically, yeah.

I used to be a hardcore MMO and Counter-Strike gamer from 7th grade all the way to freshman year of college (though still played tennis). You stop when you find something of more value and realize you're wasting your time on something that will never benefit you in the real world. It's just a time sink.

Also stopped with my weed smoking like this user

Same, something just clicked and I found them pointless. I still enjoy them on occasion, but playing them makes me feel like i'm wasting time I could be using to improve myself.

I also started with counter-strike and warcraft 2 in the late 90s/early 2000s. Never got into MMO's but I was big into wc3, quake3, ut2004, starcraft 2, dota2, early csgo pretty much all the ELECTRONIC SPORTS games. CoD and Battlefield as well before they turned to shit. Anything competetive. I would play video games and then watch other people play video games and read up on video games theory just to become better at playing video games. I was living video games 247.

Eventually I got bored with the competetive aspect and switched to single player games. I appreciated the stories but increasigly felt like the gameplay was just thrown in to pad things out and to make sure I was still awake. I didn't get pleasure from following a flowchart and pressing buttons when I'm expected to press buttons. I'm not even blaming modern game design, all games are more or less like that. You figure out the game logic then do things when you're expected to do them.

These days I just read books. Books are great and the stories are a million times better than anything in a video game. The best thing about books is that even if it's a fictional book you feel like you're getting smarter when you read. The portrayal of characters and the reflection on society or contemporary morals etc. is just on a whole other level than anything in video games. Books don't worry about pleasing mass audiences and worry about making a profit on a $100M budget by appealing to everyone. These days I pretty much live between the gym and the library.

Not really
I just wish I didn't have such a shit diet as I was going through high school

>These days I pretty much live between the gym and the library.
>>>/fitlit/
ur gonnna make it brah
>tfw getting bored of games as well, but starting to lose common interests with one of my friends since all he does is play vidya

>The best thing about books is that even if it's a fictional book you feel like you're getting smarter when you read.
Yep. You become more articulate, acquire an expansive lexicon, and get to delve into the minds of thousands of different characters. Feels great brah.

Nice job. I'm an avid reader as well. I believe good sci-fi (like Dune or Book of the New Sun) is probably the most mind-expanding genre out there. Also, the classics are great to read to figure out what Western society was like before being so heavily jewed.

I definitely wish I could go to 13-14 year old me and knock some sense into him. I was 200 lbs and 5'9 in freshman year, basically stayed the same weight throughout high school but grew to 6'0 so I evened out some. I didn't have any good role models in terms of food (dad was fatter than me, mom actually anorexic but overfed me), and I was scared of the weight room. Pretty upsetting because I have good face aesthetics and decent natural musculature, it was just hidden under fat and awkward.

Don't really care anymore desu because life is bretty good, but I'm also an homosexual so the fantasy is that maybe I could've gotten in great shape and been open about my sexuality, and I would've been that hot dude who happens to be gay. Graduated 2008 so the couple gay kids in my school were still somewhat ostracized. But instead I was just closeted, out of shape, meek, didn't get to fuck anyone except guys from craigslist who didn't know I was under 18, etc.

Tfw you and all your old friends who you would play vidya with and talk to on teamspeak every night are drifting apart cause no one plays anymore

I used to read a lot as a kid but eventually just lost interest as a teen. I guess the upside is that I have an endless amount of classics I've yet to read. I set up a goodreads page to keep track of all the interesting ones and so far I've bookmarked about 50 so I have quite a backlog. I'm currently a few hundred pages into Atlas Shrugged and I'm really enjoying it a lot.

Reading classic books is like newbie gains for brains.

same here, except i went from slightly overweight to skinnyfat
freshman year: 5'8"
now: 5'11"
how old are you

I was basically skinnyfat by the end of high school, then about 8 months after high school I'd finally had it so I ate 800-1200 calories a day and did cardio til I had lost 30 lbs. It took a long time to figure out how to exercise properly and especially lift

I know that feel. There used to be so many of us we could play CS 5v5 on a private server every day. And no trouble finding a 5-man even at 3am. I played thousands of hours of CS and never played without a 5 man team.

Now I don't even remember the last time I started up steam. Shame because a lot of them were good guys and it wasn't just counter-strike. If we spend 6 hours a day on teamspeak we're going to talk about everything in our lives.

Shit. I am 18.

Should I cut down to 12% then start lean bulking + lift? Right now I eat at a deficit and do cardio.

Also, how long did it take for you to lose those 30 lbs. And how long (per session) and often would you do cardio?

>didn't get to fuck anyone except guys from craigslist who didn't know I was under 18, etc.
why are faggots so degenerate?

We've moved on to better things, user

>tfw started lifting at 25

Yes, I actually would totally recommend that you get to a low BF% before bulking. A lot of people would disagree with me but in my experience you'll just end up getting fatter and never get the body you want. Might as well get lean and then enjoy looking good while you bulk slowly.

It took somewhere between 1.5-2 months, and the cardio sessions were something like 40 minutes and then I'd do random machines and stuff... but I really wouldn't recommend the 800-1200 calorie a day thing. I was hangry all the time and I definitely lost muscle.
What works better for me now is to pick a more reasonable calorie goal and then give yourself a moderately distant cheat day (like 1 month away) and stick to your diet/exercise until you reach that. Weekly cheat days end up turning into cheat weekends for me, aka zero progress.

Also, since I'm still going on the advice train lol, I was able to conquer my obsession with sweets (you know, except for sometimes) by allowing myself to have "as much dessert as I want"... but the only "dessert" I can have is fruit. It satisfies the cravings decently well enough and yeah.

Also idk your schedule but lately I've found that skipping breakfast is super convenient for me and makes it kinda easier to stay in my calorie goals, and I don't really notice extra hunger or loss of energy from it

I guess. Speaking of which time to get off the computer and go lift.

I would get leaner first then bulk. Been bear mode myself for too damn long. Running different compounds and shit, but non of it compares to what I would look like if I had a lower BF. This summer doing cut down to 10% though so yeah

Ok my stats:
5'11"
150 lbs
roughly 18% if i had to guess
skinnyfat, sticc arms, thicc thighs and legs, little muscles
workout five days a week since im on summer break

How many calories should I consume daily?

not him but start with 2000 and see what happens. adjust accordingly. online calculators are a meme.

>2000
that seems like way too much. how about 1600

the online calculators (that I already called a meme) set his TDEE at 1900 without any activity. if he truly trains 5 times a week 2000 should be a considerable deficit

One of my greatest regrets desu. I kept using vidya, and other excuses to worm my way out of it. It's not like it's too late for me but god damn the opportunities I missed in HS I wish I could pic related my old self

You can lift weights and play vidya, you guys just suck

I didn't bring my console with me to college and when I came home I realized I hated vidya.

Unfortunately a few years later I logged into my old childhood Runescape account to see how the game changed and I've been addicted to that for the last year.

Awesome. I've gotta do this. Fountainhead arrives tomorrow and I'm so stoked to start it. Then Think and Grow Rich, to Miracle Morning.

Plus I'm reading Wheel of Time sporadically

I think I just realized I never liked vidya, I just liked chatting with my friends. When we drifted apart IRL I lost interest in gaming entirely, but chalked it up to "maturing".

no one's saying you can't but why would you want to?