About to start Muay Thai

About to start Muay Thai.
Any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KoFob3rKihs&index=16&list=PLm4YdIXtEu-iIfSif7aVadum-oOdxkrh6
youtube.com/watch?v=u_5tcUgOYiI
youtube.com/watch?v=1XPVk5TiOjA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

learn to take a hit. learn to take many hits

Yeah, don't jump.

Just keep in mind CTE. Don't want to discourage but just know the possible risks

youtube.com/watch?v=KoFob3rKihs&index=16&list=PLm4YdIXtEu-iIfSif7aVadum-oOdxkrh6

Nice warmup routine from one of the best.

remember to condition. shit is going to hurt a lot everywhere if you jump in.

take breaks if you feel pain.

This this this. Even veterans still take the time to constantly condition themselves. You're gonna learn pain before you learn how to inflict it. Also enjoy your dead shins

Take it easy when sparring

neck bridges, neck bridges, neck bridges

if you can't perform one for 30sec, don't go into anything fighting related, you are just going to get hurt.

What are neck bridges good for? I heard they're going to help you not get knocked out but how?

Tell that to the guy hitting him

>Any tips?
Do boxing for two years.

Your neck muscles are what helps keeps your head in place senpai

the neck will absorb blows in the face

How much sparring is there realistically and starting when?
I'd like to take a beginners class of muay thai mostly for the cardio but also I'd like to learn the proper techniques to punching but I'm really not interested in taking hits to the head. I don't want to compete I just want to train and hit a bag or those arm pillows.
I've been doing weighted neck extensions for a while now and they're fucking great tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=u_5tcUgOYiI

by not allowing to rapid cut blood flow to the brain what knocks a person out

youtube.com/watch?v=1XPVk5TiOjA

>neck bridges

also be fucking careful with this shit, if you are a beginner you can snap your neck if you do not have the strength behind it

Beginners sparring is just baby taps and learning execution of form. I wouldn't think schools start you out full throttle as it scares away newbies

Going forward after the beginner's class does everyone spar? Would it be weird not to if I continued doing it?

I promised myself a long time ago I'd never get into combat sports because I've read all too much about the brain damage that comes over time from repeated blows to the head even without major concussions.

When and how to stop the exercise? When I get in position to do them I can do it for a fairly good time, considering I never did them before, but when should I stop? When I am near the limit or when the body just gives up?

Hello Veeky Forums, do you think that it is necessary for me to train cardio (mobility and strength too) for MT before going to a club ?

I did some boxing once and I remember that i clearly wasn't fit enough to complete just one session.

I've read from here and /asp/ that the best preparation for MT I could do was actually going to the classes. But if I could train beforehand to not actually wind up too easily, isn't that worth it ?

Gym boxing are closed here for summer, so I'm actually planning on going back for September. Not very Veeky Forums but I did some cardio this year, very light basis to work on, but it's here. (I run 8.5km for 60 minutes. Never did a full 10K because I run with time, not distance. Think I would do it in like 70/75mins, more or less).
Been thinking about doing HIIT training with bodyweight exercices (burpees, jumping jack etc.).

Am I doing something wrong Veeky Forums ? (Might as well post this on /asp/ now that i'm thinking about it).

I mean, idk about you, but if I'm sparring against a noob I'm certainly going to hold back a bit.

Fighter here

Heres what I learned recently and it's probably the biggest thing. Make sure to rest.

Mental fatigue is a bigger danger than physical fatigue, I've been down the club 2 hours a night for the last 5 days and today I feel depressed as fuck, I have 0 sex drive and I'm just generally feeling miserable. I realize it's due to training.

I have another fight in July (currently on a 7 - 0 streak) and I really don't feel like it, I think I'm going to stop after this. Beware of mental fatigue, you can force your body to go training when you don't feel like it but your mind can suffer, you can force through it but your emotions will alter.

I'm doing my best to "will" myself to be positive and happy today, but I honestly just feel fucking miserable. Everything sucks or is boring, even vidya and my girlfriend is boring and I know nothing can make me happy. Beware not to over do it on training. Plus I spent the last 9 years getting smacked in the head and our club doesn't train particularly "safe", I'm tired and I want to quit but at the same time I don't want to lose my timing and turn into a pussy because after all these years I define myself as a fighter.

Tl;Dr I guess my point is don't be a fighter, or quit after a fight or two. Long term fighting is for shallow people I've noticed, if you've made your way to Veeky Forums I doubt you're that shallow and fighting will only bring you misery.

Samefag here. Cardio was my problem in the first fight and since then it's never been a problem.

Heres what I do if I'm training for a fight.

(Workout 1) Steep hill sprints once a week.

(Workout 2) 10x2 minute rounds with 45 seconds rest
20 x 1 minute rounds with 25 seconds rest
(circuit training explosive movements such as burpees, 10kg ball slams, non stop 5 hit hard combos on bag with a burpee at the end of each combo)
3x3 minute rounds on bag (1 minute rest)
Or I do the class and then stay behind for sparring. It depends on the quality of your club, but sometimes I am down there for 2 or even 3 hours a night (rarely 3 because it's just too much)

I originally wanted to fight to find out if I was a pussy or not, 7 fights later and I know I'm not a pussy. I can walk guys down and keep throwing shots when exhausted rather than be a quitter.... but mentally I don't want it anymore. I'm tired of dieting constantly, I'm tired of training 6 nights a week. I'm tired of being hit in the head.

inb4 "Why not cut down your training then", fail to prepare and prepare to fail, an experienced fighter knows cardio is everything. How you train for 2 months before the fight decides how you fight on the night, cardio is everything.

I'm fighting in a month and a half and I'm drinking some beers today Veeky Forums, I feel all fucked up and miserable and fuck. I honestly am going to quit boxing after my next fight, I don't enjoy the fighter life style.

Damn dude I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way. Best of luck in your life, user.

yeah bro, just give your last match your all and then go recreational/quit. 7-0 is nice though, ever had aspirations to go pro?

You probably have low testosterone from the training And age.

just stop being a pussy, you're not going to get any sort of brain damage from light MT sparring

>I promised myself a long time ago I'd never get into combat sports because I've read all too much about the brain damage that comes over time from repeated blows

you are on chin chan bro, if anything maybe you'll get to triple digits by default

some people are just weak

a real fighter wants to fight to dominate, you just want to cuddle.

also 7-0 is newb

My gym had a policy about training for a certain amount of time/to a certain skill level before we sparred, then after that point if you wanted to the option was open and I sparred very light for the first few months. Crucial to actually learning how to fight, and the best part.