/plg/ - powerlifting general

Carmine's, A Place For Steaks

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/05/18/arts/music/chris-cornell-dead-soundgarden.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmkgQRmmeE
youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Week three of /nogramming/ lads. It's kinda fun. Also I got roped into doing a tough mudder in five weeks what do I do?

Post bodies

I want some Veeky Forums powerlifters to jerk off to

can you sing with all the voices of the mountains
can you paint with all the colors of the wind

Yeah

raffy pls go

/plg/ - not powerlifting, just faggots

Do you ever wonder if people miss you?

tired of cutting, so tired

still a little fat remaining but i'm considering just bulking for 3 months before i dip below 200lbs and lose my real man status

>tfw liking Texas Method so far but afraid I'll become fat because of all the memes

what do lads

a routine can't make you fat

just stay on a reasonable surplus of calories and then cut later

if you bulk 1lb a week, gain 12lbs during a 3 month bulk

you can easily lose 2lbs a week without any muscle loss on a cut, so you could have that 12lbs off in half the time

Does he ever look at his discord app and think about me

yeah I know man, it's just the memes that are spooking me

Any of you guys have experience with GZCL/GZCLP?

Any bad things?

plg is gay

what's the worst that can happen man

you gain a few pounds of fat while getting stronger? can't be helped on any routine tbqh

I wonder if he goes on discord and thinks about joining and has to fight with himself never to come back

Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?

Someone write me lyrics for a song to get raffy back

I will make it into a song

Hi PLG,

I'm the noob lifter from yesterday that was doing sean10mm's stripped 5x5 wrong (not following the days exactly, adding weight every set instead of warming up and then doing all working sets at heavy weight).

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks again. I thought I was working hard before, but last night I had a really tough workout, even with my pussy weight, and I have you dudes to thank for it.

Will post results in about six weeks to see my progress. Can't believe I'd never come to this thread before. I now lift for /PLG/

Fuck off

Now you will feel intensity, not pump, bery good

literally why the fuck would you want raf back

trappy oh trappy you make me want to rappy

brehs.....

nytimes.com/2017/05/18/arts/music/chris-cornell-dead-soundgarden.html

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmkgQRmmeE

:^)

Jesus got strong and stayed swole

Yeah. feelsbadman. Probably suicide too.

One of my favorite artists.

I've hit that phase of thinking where I'm unhappy with my numbers yet again. Failed a squat max attempt to set training numbers from and it's the next week and it feels shit. Tempted to take a week off and then deload for a time and add more accessory stuff. Deflating.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

raffy oh raffy thinking of you makes me gassey

How does it feel that your god Kermit has now converted to oly

soon all of you filthy heathens shall convert to the Holy Church of Weightlifting

frog literally doesnt post here tho

I've never done a snatch :(

teapot oh teapot please show me your she cock

>not pls drink some draino

s m h

Haino o haino please drink some draino

hey /plg/, i'm not really a power lifter but i figured this would be the best place to ask. i am having surgery in a month or two, and recovery could be as long as 6-8 weeks before i can lift again. when i am recovered, should i just go into a pre-written novice program for a while or keep with what i'm doing? i'm currently on a 5 day split, but i was thinking of hopping onto candito's strength/hypertrophy routine when i come back and starting with like 75% of what i'd use now. i figured candy toe's routine would be decent, since i'm still a novice and want to prioritize strength and getting hyoog

>tfw too retarded and immobile to get all the oly lifts right

Livia oh Livia your greatest talent was powerlifting trivia

I mean me too but I'm working on it

>tfw doing a meet on Saturday and I will be power snatching all my attempts and probably for the memes power cleaning at least 2/3 of them

Depends on the surgery you're getting done. Don't do Smolov Jr for bench if you're getting your longhead biceps reattached.

luna oh luna put a coke can in his pooper

Licraw oh Licraw your soft belly and cherry bottom left us in awe

minor reconstructive surgery below the belt. nothing to do with muscles, just fixing some damaged skin that a previous surgery left me with. the recovery time seems a bit long for a minimally invasive, primarily cosmetic procedure but that's what the doc said so that's what i'm gonna plan around.

How strong are your lifts? Whats your bodyweight? How long have you been training? These qs need to be answered before I can help

I did you're mums snatch last night ;^]

Be sure to record it and post the video

if i could turn back time i would sing you this rhyme

i'm still pretty weak. if i go in fresh, i can roughly bench 185, squat 225, and deadlift maybe 275. 2.5 months training, cutting the entire time.
SW: ~195 @ 25-30% (before i started lifting, but when i started cutting in december)
CW: 177 @ 16%

i just want to hear you talk about shoving cocks in your assey

Literally just hop back on an LP and you'll be fine. Might want to eat at at least maintenance at first.

Joke's on you, she's nasty.

thanks mang

This

>set bench pr (120kg x 5)
>not able to get into gym all week cause school n shiet (chit excuse I know)
>only manage 120kg x 2

What did my body mean by this?

hey, I'm in off season right now (next meet in december)
I've been doing hypertrophy blocks for 14 weeks now (2 blocks of 6 weeks and 2 deload weeks)
last week I failed my squat 8's. now I'm wondering what to do after my deload week :
- should I keep doing hypertrophy block, knowing that my next meet is in 7 months, and so reset my squat by something like 5-10%?
- or should I do one strength block and then go back to hypertrophy blocks?
thanks for your help lads

Is there a scoentific term for progressing in bursts after long stalls? Like i wont progress 5kg every few months but theres gonna be a time after a year long stall that i just bump up 20-30kg out of nowhere

Wake up early and go workout before school.

DONT LET ANYTHING GET IN THE WAY OF YOUR GAINS BRO.

punctuated equilibrium

this happened to me a few times. Im pretty sure it was because I was a beginner and just wasnt eating enough

I am not a beginner, after being stuck on 145kg bench for ~18 months i put on 25kg in the last 2. Im just looking for the terminology so i can dive deeper into research on it cause it seems thats how my body functions.

are you at the end of your second hypertrophy bock or are you in the middle? and how badly did you fail?

if youre at the end and the failure was small (can be explained as you just having a bad day) you should probably just do whatever you had planned anyway

Jeffersons in TM RD?

I failed at the last week of my second block (did 6's instead of 8's) but it was getting really hard, even the week before was hard

its still probably due to some limiting factor, not just how your body works. can you think of anything you were doing different when you were stalling vs now?

Thanks for this btw

He was a PL boi
She said see you l8r boi

My life is pretty monotonous and id notice a variable that helped me progress. Simply one day i went to the gym and 145 felt easy so i tried 150 and that worked out until i hit 170kg.

If anything now im driven af to get 180 cause im closer than further

I have done Sheiko for 3 months now and tomorrow is my "competition day". How Do i get to my 100%+ weight? Just start from 50%,60%..... and so on until 100% and then more with jsut 1 rep?

I need advice on this too

>I have done Sheiko for 3 months now and tomorrow is my "competition day".
If you've been doing that kind of programming so consistently then you must really know what you're doing.

>How Do i get to my 100%+ weight? Just start from 50%,60%..... and so on until 100% and then more with jsut 1 rep?
Oh wait, Boris has done so much thinking for you that now you don't even know how to warm up for a one-rep Max attempt.

Do what you need to do to be prepared to lift a one-rep Max. If you can't figure that out on your own, then you should consider the hobby of mineral acquisition and cataloging

whats your first max attempt gonna be

what are you cool dudes training today

I don't really go by percentages, rather just plate/half-plate jumps until I get to my opener. like last competiton I opened at 501lbs on squat so I warmed up with
barx5
135x5
225x3
315x2
365x1
405x1
455x1
just go with what feels nice. otherwise if you don't feel like thinking just copy the warmup weight scheme from skills test.

Today I have
>Conv Rack Pulls-1x1, 4x6
>CGBP-1x1, 4x6
>RDL- 7x11
Then next week I finally get a deload which is great because im drowning in fatigue after this hypertrophy block

What are you doing for nogramming? You should do a million pullups and be able to run like four or five miles at a decent pace

How much bodybuilding stuff can recovery day on TM handle?

A few lat raises and curls can't hurt, r-right?

Curls will kill all your gains

and theyre boring and stupid

yes, and everyone will laugh at you and your family will die if you do them

theres no water claus in my membership contract, does this mean ive been stealing drinking fountain water this whole time? i try to hide filling up my bottle now because im afraid they'll catch on

your arms will fall off and your dick will stop working and twinklex will steal your girl

The last one is an inevability for all of us lad

When I squat I am a lot stronger when I allow my hips to shoot back a little on the way up.
If I hinder that the rep becomes slow and I feel like my quads are about to have a spasm.

Is hips shooting back something I need to necessarily keep from happening or is it okay as long as I don't allow myself to fall over too much?

hip drahve

Pick a lower body lift and a press and do ~3x5-3-5 pretty heavy, then I do a pull and usually GHRs or hypers and maybe some quick bodybuilding. Mostly squats, deads, and fronts, but paused squats and block pulls get rotated in pretty often too, and mostly bench with some push press and close grip. I lift about three times a week, sometimes I throw in lighter days if I have time where I do like 3x10-12 strict press and good mornings or something. I do need to start running, don't I? Sheeeeiitt

>If I hinder that the rep becomes slow and I feel like my quads are about to have a spasm.

Slow is fine, deliberately squat-morninging your reps is not.

Any books you guys can recommend to help you keep going through tough mental times?

delete this

Man's Search for Meaning is one most people should probably read

Let me guess, your diddlydoo is significantly higher than your squat and generally weak off the floor/you have long femurs/you compete in a wrap fed.

Anyway, weak quads in comparison to your glutes and hams are the problem.

Work on it, your squat will skyrocket.

I don't deadlift, I can kiss the floor during my setup, literally gave up on that crap.

I'll post a video later, it's been a while since I squatted and there a few things I dislike about how it looks.

But yes, quads are definitely week - but I am not sure if I want to squat trying to isolate them as much as possible - is that desired?

Can someone help explain to me why my conventional rack pull is 100lbs lower than my sumo from the floor. What muscle is this weakness indicative of? Shitty thoracic strength? I wanna hammer the hell out of whatever that weakness is, this next mesocycle

This is gonna sound nerdy as fuck and a lot of guys are probably gonna mock me for it, but i find great value in the Dark Elf trilogy (the early life of Drizzt Do'Urden). a man of high moral standing born into a society of evil, manipulative religious zealots in the subterranean city of Menzoberranzan. he was constantly berated, beaten, and ostracized from his own family because of who he is and how he was born, and was forced into their version of a military academy (if West Point was run by the vatican, but had the mentality of jihadists). through hard work and natural talent, he excelled but soon after graduating had to make the decision to leave his family and people because he couldn't morally justify being part of their sadistic cult, and as a result spent decades in total darkness and loneliness. he eventually was forced out to the surface world, but felt blistering pain under the sun. initially jumping from cave to cave and working at night he eventually made a life for himself. he could never escape his racial traits, and every day he felt the pain of the sun's light and heat. regardless, he chose to stand by his friends and did not ever complain about how uncomfortable he felt living alongside his friends and adopting their lifestyle.
i think it's pretty obvious why i like it. i'm a recovering fatass weeb with social anxiety that grew up around bitter, dorky virgins (both irl and on Veeky Forums, been here ~10 years on and off) but i've dieted down, been lifting, and have several normie friends now. i regularly have panic attacks when out at events/parties/clubs/etc with friends, but what helps me stay calm and focused is trying to live up to an impossibly high standard that only a fictional character can achieve. willing to constantly work to his fullest capacity, and overcoming natural and environmental adversities without ever complaining, while always trying to work towards the best interests of myself and those i am close to.
idk how you'd feel

>loneliness
isolation was the word i should have used, my bad

No one can resist this face

reminder to try hard

what is he doing with his feet

Its called a paetial seizure. His low body is seizing up but his upper body stays fine.