Another QTDDTOT

Today I was Deadlifting and stopped after set 4 of stronklifts 5x5 because my lower back started hurting. Left the gym immediately. It's in constant pain now and I'm worried I may have fucked myself. What do?

>inb4 1pl8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JFZWM-_JNhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4S6EesyfLaY&t=583s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>pls respond

why the fuck are you doing 5 sets of deadlift

If I hit my protein goal for the day, say 200g of protein, does it matter what the rest of the food I eat is as long as my daily calorie goal allows it? for example, I've now reached my protein goal but I still have 1000kcal left for today. What to eat?

newfag here to working out, I still feel like I don't know exactly what I'm doing.

How fast does c4 kick in comparison to straight up black coffee, asking because it take me an hour before the coffee hits me

20-30 min and your hands start to itch if you haven't started working out

If you're following stronglifts it only has one set of deadlift.

What this guy said. I'm doing stronglifts rn too and 5 sets of deadlifts aren't even in the program; what the fuck are you doing?

fat.

Thank you have some lewd

Figure out your other macros and deciding what to eat after becomes an easy process.

How big can my upper body get if I do 100 pushups a day?

>fuck, I misread the program
>dishonored myself publicly
Time to commit sudoku

Is it normally this dangerous to do multiple sets of deadlifts or was it because it was high weight over multiple sets?

Also, am I fucked or will this go away?

what blender should I get?

> cost not a problem
> buy it for life

WHAT IS THIS

You'll more than likely be fine, but if it's still hurting after two or three days I'd get that shit checked out.

I've worked out on and off for about two years, so naturally I look like garbage.
Anyway, I worked out my calves about three days ago, and it was pretty strenuous, but I didn't think anything of it.
Now, I can't walk, and folks at work are becoming reasonably upset by this. Some sources have said I should work my calves again to relieve the Super-DOMS I am experiencing, but I can't be out of commission for that long. Advice?

Are there any good 3-day intermediate routines?

Scooby has a good intermediate program, but I suppose you mean 3 days a week. His is PPLxPPL.

Yes. Looking for full body routines.

go see a doctor
you mean rep 4 right? you're supposedto do only one set deadlifts in sl 5x5

for fucks sake user how can one be this retarded?

I'd say if you're actually at an intermediate level, you probably already know enough exercises with good form to create your own workout. For any muscle you're not hitting, just look up something that hits that on Google and plug it in. Rinse/repeat M-W-F.

Meant to reply to this

you're allowed to adjust the texas method to your personal interests

Checked. This, my friend.
Routines are not gospel.

Some muscle in my left thigh really hurts. I'm cutting right now - does that slow the healing process?

no, at least not to a noticeable degree

>looking for excuses to interrupt cut
wait, you're not getting weak, are you?

Got myself an ab wheel, but I'm not really feeling it in the abs. Feels like I'm using a bunch of other muscles to do the movement. Any tips on isolating the abs?

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will stay off of my routine until the pain subsides.

Got another question. For my diet, I typically have about 4 eggs in an omelette in the morning. The rest of the day is rice, fish, etc. Should I at all be worried about the cholesterol content of the eggs, and if so, what should I replace it with?

Question: I am a 17 years old skinnyfag who wants to look aesthetic. Now, my father is a physiotherapist and because of that i have access to a bench, dumbbells(up to 30lbs), stationary bicycle, a bar for chin-ups, and bunch of other stuff. I am almost done with a hypertrophy workout for home gyms I found on the internet(recomping btw). But now i want to know what should be my next step. Ive been thinking about going to the gym and do SS but i dont want to become fatter than i already am.

Is drinking protein powder every single day bad? even on rest days?

this is from the book. mark rippetoe does not want to make you fat

Go to the gym. Don't do SS, do this.

absolutly not
I mean all kind of powders are unhealthy if you don't drink enough water

>oh my knees caved in a bit on the last rep
>maybe I take another 10% deload
>I'll just make it up by doing far more reps on the last set
>I don't have to push myself bc this genius deload system is gonna get me there sooner or later
>amrap deadlifts for beginners is absolutely safe
don't cuck yourself with gslp

Anyone use contrave for assist in cutting? Or should I stick to EC stack?

Are you seriously advocating lifting with bad form? An injury will hurt your progress far more than a deload will.

LEWD

Nah, I just wanna be able to squat again as soon as possible. I feel incomplete right now.

I'm saying that gslp and also 531 could make people lazy and overcareful
and form will never be perfect, especially if you're a beginner. ofc deload if your form becomes dangerous
and if you squat 65kg with not so geat form, next workout at 66 or 67,5 could be with much better form, even tough you increased the weight

happened to me a couple of times in the start.
Don't cry shh is ok bby

3 times ohp in one week and 3 times bench next week?

I've been doing stronglifts for almost 13 weeks now and I'm starting to plateau. Now, in figuring out what to do next, I found this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=JFZWM-_JNhQ

The guy in the video lays out a volume training program to help move past a plateau. Initially, I was planning on just switching to the Texas Method, but now I'm confused. Should I do this first? Should I incorporate some of these things into the Texas Method? How? Or should I just move on to the Texas Method?

Another question: I've got some man titties and a bit of gut. I'm not obese - more just skinny fat (thought I've put on about 15lbs since I stated lifting). How do I get rid of them? I figured I should probably throw in some cardio, but what do I do? I was thinking of doing pic related, but is that enough? Thanks in advance, guys.

look at the sl website for what they suggest doing when hitting a plateau (they'll probably recommend deloading by 10%) after deloading 3 times switch to texas method
or take alan's advice, he is a nice guy and a good source, especially now that he has connections to the ss guys
or if you're a male between 18 and 35 keep doing stronglifts (deload if necessary) until you hit 1/2/3/4 for reps and then switch to texas method

How do I improve my weighted pullups? I'm making progress, but it's slow as hell, like 5 pounds every 3 weeks. Also, what's a good goal weight (factoring in bodyweight, I guess).

alternate weighted and unweighted
for your strength level check out symmetricstrength.com

H-help me...

go for a walk, get the muscle warm again

Thanks
>25 lb pullup 1rm is considered untrained
FUCK

Alternate. Week 1 would be Bench OHP Bench, Week 2 would be OHP Bench OHP. Basically what SS already does.

How am I supposed to down 3000 calories

should I get a tube sand bag for squats?

home fitness, don't have a bar or weights or anything

i think they're like 70 pound tubes

Thanks, man. What about cardio, though?

So I was using the ab roller wheel today for the first time and fucked up. I arched my back on the first rep and now my lower back is hurting a little bit. Now I read that this can cause permanent damage on your lower back. How fucked am I?

Can someone please tell me who the autistic fat dude with massive man boobs is - the one who posted a youtube video saying why he will never lift because he doesnt want to be a bro dude?

I injured both my ankles, a funny story for another day (pic related), but the ETA for completed healing and removal of any screws and stuff is 6 months. I was making good progress with my lifts so I don't intend on just getting fat and lazy again in the meantime.

Problem: my therapist is a twat that doesn't know a single thing about strength training and can't really help me come up with a program. I could technically myself but I'm not yet proficient enough in the gym to get the bast bang for the buck in this situation. Could ask a trainer at the gym but they cost like 50 bucks a session and have 5 sessions mandatory when you book them. Halp

criteria
>non weight bearing exercises (bodyweight is fine, but barely so)
>e.g. bench press and seated OHP is cool, standing OHP squat diddly rows is not
>I don't mind machines for the time being, yes they suck hardcore but what am I gonna do
>full body or UL/PPL preferred, I found a couple brosplits meeting my wishes but I'm a natty dyel training for strength, go figure
>shouldn't keep me in the gym for longer than an hour, pain meds I take fatigue me hard as fuck otherwise
>will be bulking at +500 while at it so recovery is not that much of an issue

yes I know I'm basically asking you to spoonfeed me, but this is one time where DO SS FAGET can't really help me.

Yay i found him

youtube.com/watch?v=4S6EesyfLaY&t=583s

What is the best way to exercise outside of the gym? My apartment is too small for a homegym so I just use my dad's to lift, and they don't allow me to add weight. I tried tying some 1kg coffee bags to the ends of them to add weight but they rip too often.

WHAT IN ALL NINE HELLS IS THIS

AND WHY HAVE I NOT STOPPED WATCHING YET

REEEE

I wanna order carryout,

What type of ethnic cuisine (e.g.: indian, chinese, greek, mexican, ad infinitum etc) is mostly high protein? or best for gains?

Blenders

Hi Veeky Forums, I just got back into weightlifting after taking a break for about a year. My muscles are absolutely destroyed and sore as fuck. I realize it will get better as time goes on, but does anyone have any tips to combat this soreness? I feel like I can't do shit today.

Only been lifting for 2 weeks.

Current routine is 3 days upper body lifting, 3 days lower body lifting,1 day rest.

I just added jumprope cardio today and my shins are killing me. Thats fine, but my question is:

Should I only do the cardio on leg day? For better recovery.

Is 3 days of cardio enough when cutting (plus 6 days lifting)?

Ive been on EC stack (3x 200mg and 24mg E a day) and keto for about a month. Since a couple days, Ive been feeling extremely tired and often unable to finish my workouts. Should I drop either?

I guess Mexican or Greek (though my only experience with Greek food is gyros). Mexican (or tex-mex) is heavy with meat, cheese, and plant proteins. Chinese is pretty heavy with carbs and pretty minimalist with meat. Though I think most ethnic foods will have the shortcomings of being created with limited resources, and have "filler" foods (pasta, rice, etc.) which aren't necessarily packed with nutrition. But yeah, Mexican is probably your best bet.

If I'm doing an 8 week 5/3/1, how will the percentages look?

Can I practice form using a walking stick or something? The guy at the gym suggested I stop doing a program for a few weeks and just come in and practice on the bar, but I'm too autistic to quit what I've started.

So could I just practice form using a walking stick and just imitate that, but with weight, when I go back?

What physique should I strive to obtain if my goal is to both kill as many mosquitos and avoid as many mosquito bites as possible?

Maybe otter would work considering the low surface area, high maneuverability and less trouble with heat when hiding from mosquitos underneath blankets in the summer.

At this point I am considering penis reduction surgery so I can literally fuck them to death.

What's the best type of pants for running and cycling?

I'm trying to find a few exercises that work mostly on pecs, without putting too much effort on the shoulders. Problem is that they should be bodyweight cuz i'm about to leave town for work and I want something to do while i'm out

So 6 months of doing got me this. Lifts are still shit and I look like shit. Think it was due to getting 6 hours of sleep per night and not enough calories despite eating clean and a shitton of protein, or it was the program and should I do Stronglifts or a PPLPPLX?

>not enough calories
you're too fat to see gains, mate.

cut down to 10%, then bulk

I'm recovering from a sissy fetish atm and discovering I like to be dominant more than I thought. I still relapse every once in a while though, and am worried that a fetish for being submissive might be an indicator of low test. Anybody else feel like their kinks expose that they're a beta who's never gonna make it?

If I had any gains I should at least have made it to 2pl8 DL by now. :(

Forgot to mention 5'7 155lbs, 0.5/1.5/1.5/1.7

Alright, gonna cut. Hopefully since the semester's ending I'll be able to sleep more.

i don't think you should cut.
just maintain your weight and focus on eating healthy (but still get enough protein).
do an intermediate program, i recommend the greg nuckols free programs, and/or candito intermediate for squat/deadlift.

Alrighty then, was starting to feel fat anyways. Maintenance diet, sleep, check routine. Thanks Veeky Forums.

Cardio four days a week, whenever you like really. Some people do it every day (Scooby).
Also, I don't care personally, but a lot of people on Veeky Forums get unreasonably upset if you call it "cutting" but you're just fat.

Ok, thanks.

Cutting is a buzzword? What else do you call it? Im trying to lower my bodyfat from 20% to 10-12%.

How much is a pl8? I thought it was just short for plate but Im obviously wrong.

80? 100?

a plate weighs 20kg or 45lbs (in the US).

one plate squat/deadlift/whatever refers to one plate on each side of the bar, so 20 (left plate) + 20 (right plate) + 20 (bar) = 60kg or 135lbs.

2pl8 -> 100kg, 225lbs.
3pl8 -> 140kg, 315lbs.
4pl8 -> 180kg, 405lbs.
5pl8 -> 220kg, 495lbs.

What joint can you crack in your chest?
Like if I arch my back, I can hear a big hollow sounding crack
Can you crack your sternum?

sternum probably.

I finally come to the realization that training your chest with dumbbells is far superior to training them with a bar. how do I translate my weight from incline bench to incline dumbbell press?

use 85% of barbell weight, work your way up to a comfy DB working weight. there is no actual formula but that's what most people do

who made this stupid QTDDTOT thread with no sexy female picture in the OP? why would people be interested in replying to it? read a marketing 101 book

so empty bar warm up translates to 20 lbs dumbbells?

Thank you based user

probably a bit more tbqh, it's not an exact science. but around that yes

Just how accurate are TDEE calculators? I've heard that weightlifting without cardio means you should select 'sedentary'. I'm eating 2300 kcals a day trying to lean bulk.
5'8 145lbs workout 6 days a week (PPLPPLx) just lifting, no cardio and completely sedentary outside of the gym.

Should I up this amount considering my workout frequency?

What is 2pl8?

Two 20kg plates on each side

see

not very. pick whatever and adjust the kcals +/-10% weekly based on weighing yourself a few times each week. shoot for gaining ~1lb a week lean bulk, no more than 2lbs/week

Why did I think that was going in her belly button?

225lbs

>Time to commit sudoku

Stop talking like this.