Veeky Forums meta thread, which is allowed thanks to Hiro

Veeky Forums meta thread, which is allowed thanks to Hiro.

As I see it, these are the issues Veeky Forums faces today.
>excessive blogging
>excessive /soc/posting
>excessive /pol/ influence
>people taking memes way too seriously
>"muh mental health"
>too many redditors that don't lift

you forgot
>no fitness related threads

>/r9k/ no gf posts
>people saying read the fucking sticky instead of giving some advice
>people who are clearly 15 or under

>>people saying read the fucking sticky instead of giving some advice

>hey guys how do I learn to read???
>GO TO FUCKING SCHOOL
>waaah I wanted advice

This is you.

> That guy who wears basketball shorts to the gym
> Obsession with Boogie and other fat fucks
> FPH threads are boring as fuck

>>excessive blogging
nah it's fun, occasionally makes for some good stories
>>excessive /soc/posting
definitely
>>excessive /pol/ influence
absolutely
>>people taking memes way too seriously
how new are you exactly
>>"muh mental health"
valuable factor of self-improvement IF it doesn't turn into a /r9k/ circlejerk
>>too many redditors that don't lift
arguably yes

>obvious race b8 threads

Manlet threads need to be bannable offenses

>decade plus long meme

You're dreaming shrimp

>people who don't read the sticky, then cry when we don't want to answer them because they wouldn't be asking that question had they read the sticky

the worst part of this board is i think the pol influence. we need less hate!

and it would be cool if we were more of an actual community and tried to support each other and make friends and stuff.

I still haven't figured out if your whole persona is one big long-term b8 attempt or not

no offense even, just confused

>manlet robot memes that never die
>why even try threads

All in all same shit. It's amazing the amount of frauds compared to 2012, even see this shit at the gym.

Actual paid viral marketers samefagging to sell monster energy drinks in "sips" threads
You will always see at least 4 or 5 posts per thread saying something like "haha thought this stuff was a meme but I went out and tried one today and it wasn't half bad!" while the rest is other samefags posting "memes" with energy drinks shopped into them and the occasional poster calling out the blatant shilling. No actual discussion goes on in these threads beyond "red sips best sips" and shit like that.
>inb4 "nonsipper detected"
This is the usual protocol when someone calls the shilling out. Make it look like it's a super secret cool meme that you just don't "get". Honestly the sipposting "meme" needs to be a bannable offense.

There's is literally nothing wrong with sips. It's as fit related as supplement threads are. Don't like it, hide the thread

this tbqhwyf

also I'm all about support and wanting to help others (who deserve it), but when I see your posts I can only feel attention whoring and dumbfuckery coming out of them

>the worst part of this board is i think the pol influence
agreed fuck off and never come back shitposting idiot.

these are true
also chad posting is kinda stupid

I've never hated any other tripfag as much as I hate you.

>Trappychan
>Cute Tomato
>Seattle Shitposter
>MasTest

All of them were shitting up this board at least ten times worse this time last year.

At least all we have left is a second rate trappy chan clone instead of having like 10 threads at once derailed by tripshits.

>Seattle Shitposter
Literally who

He was some guy who kept changing his name to the effect of "SEATLE ARYAN MASTER RACE" and would spam threads about how Seattle is the greatest city in the world.

the biggest problem with Veeky Forums are the type of posters who make meta threads to bitch about other posters

I despise everything about the concept of /fat/. It should be a bannable offense to even make your presence known unless you meet the bare minimum requirements of Veeky Forums.

>tfw hated supermang but miss him now that he's gone

>excessive blogging
these are ok i guess. what i hate is the >tfw no gf threads
go to /r9k/ you fucking beta.
>excessive /soc/posting
holy fuck yes. we do not need 4 /CBT/ threads up at one time and for fuck's sake you don't need to post in EVERY one
>excessive /pol/ influence
absolutely. /pol/ b8ing needs to go.
>people taking memes way too seriously
meme's need to go. CHAD, sips, boogie, mike patton need to fucking die
>"muh mental health"
this beta shit would be right at home at /r9k/
>too many redditors that don't lift
most of Veeky Forums doesn't lift

Also the fucking generals
/fat/ - you don't actually lift and you're not trying to improve yourself. fuck outta here
/fph/ - go back to redit. stop posting the same images every fucking time.

STFU/BTFO Sips shill.

If you want to increase energy and get hyped then take preworkout instead of drinking watered down sugar.

Monster is an okay drink, in no way is it fitness related.

this.
the mods need to ban sip posters.

>blogging
I don't see it much, maybe I just skip over it automatically

>r9k/pol
Holy shit yes, Veeky Forums is a place for self improvement stop bitching about tfwnogf and shitskins, if you go to the gym no one cares if you're not white or a beta.
t. shitskin

>memes
They differ, boogie and sips need to be 404ed. Actual good fit memes like tipping the receptionist and manlet pits are okay as long as you don't scare the DYELS.

>mental health
Again, fit is for self improvement. I'm all for discussing your illness, what worked, what doesn't, and how to help others. Just don't turn it into an r9k circlejerk.

>redditors/non lifters

Don't kid yourself, most of fit doesn't lift. However, they're not being cancerous in any form, so I'm fine with it. Don't hate them cause
>hahaha gtfo ledditors. Veeky Forums master race
Reddit is a good site, don't be a bitch. Non lifters aren't causing any trouble.

tomato was super entertaining for some reason. I generally agree tho

This is an actual photo of current Veeky Forums posts. We need a solution

how do we contact hiro and demand he give Veeky Forums a full time mod again.

>phones poster
You're part of the cancer.

Severity of problems, from most severe to least, goes like this:
>Redditfags
>non-lifters
>lefties
>/r9k/
>newfags
>/pol/
>femanons

If people were genuinely interested they would have already read the sticky. Literally the first thing I did when I found this board.

I will never, ever stop hating fatties that won't help themselves or accept HAES as a legitimate thing.

I think it's fine for them to have a containment thread - kind of like developmental before they can venture out into the big leagues.

hmm.

you know i work as a nursing assistant, basically showering people, walking with them with gait belt so they don't fall, dressing them, taking vitals, etc. and i've had to deal with fat people a lot. one woman's shower chair gave out on her and she fell on top of my 120lb self which fucked up my back for a few days.

generally speaking, i see no reason to outright hate fat people. and the fat people that are actually in the gyms, making a sincere if misguided effort? they should be celebrated. they recognize that they have a problem and are trying to do something about it, even if they're a little late about it.

fat people have a medical problem, and they very obviously need help. most fat people probably need a lot of psychological help to get over their problem. and from the fat people i've worked with, from a basic medical standpoint i really get the impression that these people have literally NO idea what a healthy diet amounts to, and they are completely lost when it comes to how to lose weight.

hating fat people does nothing to solve the problem. the "fat acceptance movement" needs to die, and we need healthcare professionals that are willing to have those difficult conversations. that woman who fell on me has suffered a massive stroke and the right side of her body is largely impaired. she uses an electric wheelchair to get around and she doesn't seem to want to move. we have pt and ot coming in and trying to get her to walk and it's not enough. she was complaining to me about how the nurses want her to walk and i looked at her with a very serious face and said, "yes, you really need to walk if you ever want things to start improving. i'm more than willing to walk with you sometimes when i get a free 20 minutes or whatever."

she started crying, which is normal for her. strokes can cause a person to become overly emotional and it unfortunately happened to her. but she calmed down and agreed to walk with me sometime. too long

it's trash-tier trips like you that make me miss trappy. she was retarded too, but she at least pretended not to be

I agree with this poster but have nothing else to add, so I will reply to it in order to appeal to herd mentality by letting other users know that more than one person holds these opinions.

This.

Have you ever actually read a /fat/ thread? Most of the anons in there are definitely trying to improve themselves. People don't just wallow in that general. There's a weekly weigh in contest where everyone weighs in and can see each others progress. They share diet tips and answer questions for the newbs, and work as a source of motivation to keep going for the fats that are in the thick of a long ass journey.

If it bothers you hide the thread, but do not shit on a general that does more good for more people than every single /CBT/ or fucking sips thread, or manlet thread or any other glorified shitposting general on this otherwise slow as fuck board.

Yeah, pocket computers are fucking AIDS. Why be out in the world when you can stay at home and shitpost all day?

Seriously, you couldn't tell I'm a phone poster until I gave a screenshot. Don't "fuck phoneposters" meme in a meta thread.

I realised something recently after getting the wind in my sails and living my life right for a bit. Or at least starting to. Amongst other little pieces of enlightenment one was about Veeky Forums.

Basically it was an idea for a thread that would be amusing and entertaining. I realised on having the thought that this is how the good threads happen. People who know Veeky Forums and use it, but don't incessantly browse to stave away depression whilst also encouraging further depression, whilst they are doing other creative things are able to have creative notions to entertain the moronic brethren of the site.

I forget the exact idea now and will be sticking to shitposting, but the solution is obviously get your life together and when you visit Veeky Forums bring gifts, like a returning conquerer. Don't just dribble around here where the best idea for a thread is a complaint about the poor quality of threads. It's the give/take matrix condensed into Veeky Forums format, and it is just as relevant as anywhere else. It's a shithole because it's patrons don't feel any responsibility to creatively give to it.

Hold on for some intellectualisations of Veeky Forums memes. Fuck it, maybe I'll shitpost like a philosopher.

OP you forgot the most glaring one - it seems to have fallen completely to r9k influence. A sorry thing indeed. Makes the days of Supermang seem halcyon

Mods need to start including {USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST) and mercilessly banning /pol/ bait threads and off-topic social posts. Shaming newfags into understanding the board culture only works if the mods get it and support it themselves.

It's annoying and it's making a lot of quality posters leave the board. I come here way less often than I used to because of it.

Hurr

Please mods, this.

Mods need to get on board with the board

I unironically tried sips after seeing it spammed here. I guess it was ok but I won't buy it again and wouldn't recommend it.

>waaaah muh pol boogeyman

My personal pet peeve with fit lately (I've been here since 2009) is the extremely reddity behaviors exhibited by people who didn't lurk at all before posting their first retarded thing and act like they are on reddit.

Random example reddit faggot behaviors:

>Tripfaggotry (hurrr I'm nothing special but I don't want to be anonymous)

>Excessive pride in shitty achievements. You're not in the hug box here and you suck so shut up and improve

>"This" non-posts
Came here to say this

>Reposting the same funny thread caps over and over and calling it humor.
Humor is spontaneous you fucking retards. Interact with people and let it happen.

>Beating dead memes to even more death.
It amazes me that people still actively post on /r/adviceanimals for example. It hasn't been funny for years, yet they keep posting. Don't bring that behavior here.

Maybe I'm a little extra cranky because I'm cutting but I just fucking hate redditors.

>don't like it hide the thread
MODS MODS MODS

>she
You deserve to be raped by a horse.

>"Hey Veeky Forums I want to lose some weight. What do?"
We have about 10-20 threads like this a day. Do you want to type the same fucking advice over and over again? If you want to have more fitness related threads maybe we should think about dropping QTDDTOT?

>pol literally shits up every single board on Veeky Forums besides the ones that recquire actual intelligence (lol)
>when confronted about it they cry about sjws and jews

Please tell me more

look, not gonna pretend like /pol/ isn't a strong undertone around here by now, but please don't be a retard and realize that they're a strong undertone everywhere at this point

the fucking election flooded this place like never before with newfags and redditors. everyone has become so acclimated to it, jannies as well, that I'm not even sure it's worth fighting anymore

Like the politics board?

Read the sticky already you fucking faggot.
You get one, maybe two FPH threads a day and they suffer from lack of original content. That isn't much of a determent to the board.
They're fun in moderation.
I'm not entirely sure if this is bait or not, either way; eat shit.
Fucking this; this is the HEALTH and fitness board. Anybody advocating for that literal garbage is either an idiot, shill or combination of the both.
It's pretty fun, though.
The biggest issue with /fat/ being how much of a fucking hugbox it is. This is discounting how many professional shitposters flock to those threads.
We should ban mobile posters, yes.
Reddit or otherwise; so long as idiots keep their mouths shut until properly educated they aren't an actual problem.
Fucking this. The worst case scenario; you give shitposters hardly any attention. The best case scenario; they fuck off for good.
THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE

bump

You're worse than trappy. Off yourself

Is anyone here going to apply to be janitor?
i thought about it but i'm too busy for that shit.

They never reply to me.

>replies to a post complaining about "'This' non posts" with "THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE"
You're a special kind of retarded.

>mfw ive been browsing Veeky Forums fkr years and never even looked at the sticky

She's the real deal, and also genuinely very attractive (although with all the hate she catches not likely to post face pics anymore)
Can't just sage and ignore, can you?
Yes. Also vegantrap at least keeps it Veeky Forums related to a degree (her fanatics are the ones who derail it).

tripcodes should be disabled entirely. there hasn't been a single worthwhile tripfag ever since scooby left.

also redditors who whine about getting their feelings hurt need to leave
>omg why do people tell me to read the sticky instead of spoonfeed me
>wah was nazis from pol
>all this fat shaming on this board needs to end

Tbqh you sound like a fucking Nazi

don't forget waterfasting, over 6ft posting, and "high test thread"

I know this one is an edit but it took me a while to know if the artist was being serious or not.