How bad is tuna really?

How bad is tuna really?
If I eat everyday two small (120grams drained) that I add my own olive oil too, is that gonna kill my gainz (life) from mercury?

Other urls found in this thread:

ewg.org/research/us-gives-seafood-eaters-flawed-advice-on-mercury-contamination-healthy-omega-3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So you drain the oil then add oil?

kill all white people

No it's drained as in not in brined water
Then I add like a teaspoon of virgin olive oil to make it taster nicer and not be dry
>not being able to catch a 500pld tuna
K E K. This is why we colonized your black ass.

The Environmental Protection Agency says it's safe to eat up to .1 microgram of mercury per kilogram of bodyweight per day. The Center for Disease Control says .3 micrograms per kilogram.

I weigh 180kg, which means it's safe for me to eat 8.2 to 24.6 micrograms of mercury per day.

The foil pouches of tuna that I eat one of every day contain 74g of light tuna, which apparently contains about 9.45 micrograms of tuna per day. Which means that I eat slightly too much according to the EPA, but well within the safe limit according to the CDC, and the EPA numbers are extremely conservative (basically the safe amount for pregnant women).

120g of light tuna per day would be about 15.33 micrograms of mercury. Albacore tuna has a lot more mercury though, apparently.

>180kg
Wow, I meant 180lbs, 82kg

>implying

You're already dead. You just don't know it yet.

Serious question...How did the ancient peoples on purely fish diets not get mercury poisoning? Don't a lot of islanders eat fuck tons of game fish?

Furthermore, I read a long time ago that the high level of selenium in the fish was what stopped the fish from being poisioned itself...does the selenium content prevent us from getting it from fish? Has it been proven that eating lots of tuna will raise mercury levels significantly enough?

variety of fish?
They ate whatever they got maybe it's all a conspiracy.
>chink
>So either one can is too much or two cans per day is okay.
No ambiguity there.

>the ancient peoples on purely fish diets

What people would that be? Most islanders' diets revolve around a starchy food like taro

Mercury accumulation is higher on things up the food chain. Apex predators like tuna and shark have much more Mercury than smaller fish.

Societies with fish centered diets don't exclusively eat big fish.

I would assume most asian cultures? Mediterranean? Certainly there were peoples eating mainly fish before farming.

But even a large animal could feed peoples for a week. eating mainly that three times a day, no?

I'm just saying, the fish are immune to mercury through food chain animal consumption, and we are not?

Think of all the garbage and plastic shit thrown into the ocean and fish eat it. That's why I stopped eating ocean things.

Eventually, once your body has a certain threshold of mercury, you start pissing it out.

The problem is it builds up in your brain and can cause you to have mental issues.

If I eat 2 cans (120g drained) will I die?
I want them gainz.

do fish have mental problems? are they just immune to it?

So what im saying is...selenium and mercury are correlated as you go higher up the food chain, the percentages in the body of the animals. That is until we get to people. Do we just lack enough selenium to counteract mercury in our system if it does indeed counteract it?

mercury poison is due to modern pollution.

eat wild caught salmon.

ewg.org/research/us-gives-seafood-eaters-flawed-advice-on-mercury-contamination-healthy-omega-3s

Aussie fish doesnt have mercury in the proportions as yank fish.

we love tuna, and it makes us stronk.

You are aware that the only reason mercury levels are high is because of post industrial revolution pollution right?

Even 200 years ago you could eat all the fish you wanted without issue.

enjoy your mercury poisoning

>asian cultures? Mediterranean? Certainly there were peoples eating mainly fish before farming.

People ate fish. Mainly fish? Far from it. Asian cultures obviously mainly ate rice, Mediteranean is mainly about whole grains, vegetables, and beans.