How prevalent are steroids in high school?

I was lifting with an old friend today, I'm 20 he's 21 and was always a grade above me. Being home from college we were both shooting the shit and were talking about highschool. Him and I both played football and both started lifting around the same time. Fast forward to today (6 years since started lifting) and we both are about the same level of muscular development, granted hes much shorter than me, and we also are about the same strength wise.

To make long story short, we were talking about a kid in our football conference who blew up to about 6'1 220 lbs between his freshman to junior year and was moving some serious weight, im talking benching like 385, squatting mid 500's, etc. I guess my question is, how common are genetic anomalies like this in high school? Is it safe to say it was steroids? Did any of you guys know any freaks in high school that literally blew up in the gym like this??

freak and roider combinations are usually these high school anomalies. natural athleticism plus the genetics to respond so exponentially to the drugs

how far exactly can "natural athleticism" get an individual? I mean are there seriously people who are capable of bench pressing close to 400 lbs just after two years of lifting WHILE be in high school?

The only kid from highschool I'm almost 100% sure was roiding was a manlet football player and wrestler who, over the summer between his freshman and sophomore year, gained like 40 pounds of muscle that looked like it all went to his traps and delts, added 50 pounds to his bench, and broke out with horrific acne. By the time he graduated he was benching in the mid 300s and deadlifting in the mid 500s at a bodyweight of like 180.

One of the biggest kids at my school played football, did roids and died Zyzz style a year or two after graduating. He was Asian.

nope, that's definitely drugs as well;but genetics can be pretty ridiculous.

benedikt magnusson diddlied 405lbs first time he ever touched a barbell.

Yes. Are they going to do that and be less than 20% bodyfat? No.

RIP Chang thudnerwang

IF

YOU
PLAY

COLLEGE BALL

RELATING TO... HAND EGG

You did. It's a brutal beautiful game & that monstrosity across the line of scrimmage ain't gonna punch himself in the mouth.

>tfw wanna try out for college ball with no experience

I'm nervous but excited for the challenge

r u fast?

Ish. I've been focusing on lifting and ashamedly neglecting cardio. My Uni holds tryouts on January, so I've got myself an at least comfortable amount of time.

What level? What position?

If you are an in that genetic one percent I believe you can blow up insanely fast. For instance I played with a guy who benched 375 his Junior year and never did anything extra. He was just built for lifting and smashed school records when he became a senior. I have no doubt there are roids in some cases but I believe that high school age is when all the right factors of growing super fast come into play

D2, and if I had a choice, CB. I'm too short to play LB (5'9) and too small for lineman. I'd play offense if given the chance, but I have an admiration for the defensive guys and their intelligence of the field.

Did he do recreational drugs like Zyzz (coke, pills, etc.)?

Ish don't cut is.

Are your hips fluid?

CB or Safety*

What kind of lifting program did you guys follow in highschool?

t. Dyel basketball player

I know ish don't cut it. I'm adding in sprints to build speed.

My hips are pretty fluid. I play competitive Ultimate Frisbee because a lot of the components are similar in terms of foot work.

My suggestion... coverage/blitz linebacker.

No but I've know a looot of natties who've gotten 405+ during their senior year.

Even at 5'9? I feel like I'd be too short to perform well enough.

Again, this is all based on best case scenario of making the team, let alone playing any games.

Can you hit?

More importantly... can you shed blocks?

Having never played, I couldn't give you an answer

Oh nigger, you'll never play a lick.

Just a simple correlation is all.

I played on a AA team in the middle of nowhere and at least half my class roided. Both our RB and FB were your typical manlet roiders, neither were over 5'8 and both could bench over 350+ without trying.

In both high schools I went to I'd say maybe one out of 10 people who played football used some sort of prohormone or steroid.

holy fuck where are these kids now? Dont steroids legit wreck havoc on your body as a youngin? Every steroid forum online says 25 is like the MINIMUM age

Most of them end up just normal looking dudes who stopped playing after high school, but select few continue of to play after.

My buddy lost was 300+ pounds.
Dropped to 170s after highschool
Joined the guard, maintained weight.
Although he did get skinny after a deployment. But now he looks like Tom Hardy in Bronson. A lot of people think he's on roids. But I've watched this dude put blood sweat and tears Into training.

Plus if he was on roids I'd imagine he would be more jacked, right?

Most of them are fat.

>Be a teenager
>Do steroids

A duh

Name ONE thing wrong with roiding as a teen that isnt just "hurrr stunt ur growth" because that has been disproven

It sets them up for a high failure rate.

It's not that easy. Not when you turn 30. Not when you get off the junk. the goal of being an actual athlete decreases.

Care to elaborate a little further?

Wait til you turn 40.

Then steroids become beneficial.

Unless you have actual legitimate scholarship/NFL hopes.. which I doubt.

What if I feel like Im genuinely low test and want to kill myself anyway?

You might be a redneck.

literally all the risks of roiding that /fraud/ ignores

cant stand this cunt

If a school is known for being really good a particular boys' sport, there's a solid chance there's a ring of roiders in the bunch and the coaches are looking the other way.

Where are these natties now? They blow people like Greg Nuckols out of the water according to the stories here at the same age, yet they suddenly stop and don't go on to smash more records?

When all these natties are benching 405 and such in high school without much training, you'd think they'd go on to do great things.

Permanent endocrine damage.

You're talking about introducing powerful exogenous chemicals into the endocrine system right at its most crucial point of development, user. It's a recipe for disaster.

Well I can't speak for other people but the guy I know tore a tendon in his thumb end of senior season and he decided that was all he wanted. Now he's just fat and wasting all his potential in his early twenties

I hope you're going to a college where they let non-blacks play. At mine they literally don't have a single starting player that isn't black.

There was a kid two years below me in high school on my football team who benched 435 raw after practice before when he was a sophomore. He got recruited for the powerlifting team at the biggest university in the state. He was a monster at lifting weights, but he was better at lifting than actually playing football

Unless you are a freak athlete you really need to have played in high school or you will be a complete scrub who is probably not even usable in the practice squad