What do you guys do?

>What do you guys do?

14 year NEET (age 30) recently disagnosd with autism as an adult with also a few personality disorders and low IQ. Currently working towards autism bux.

Been lifting for almost 6 years. I tried lifting the autism away...heh.

I'd masturbate to girl in middle. More?

where did you find this diversity free add? I'm surprised these are still allowed.
I work as a sub contractor installing tile.

I will soon have a bachelors in biology, but I'm not interested in doing graduate school.

I was thinking of being a teacher in either bio, chemistry, or nutrition (and set as many young adults on the proper path as possible)

Any teachers here with info or advice about the career?

>subcontractor meme

Get out of that shit and find a proper job before it's too late.

I used to teach physics and chemistry. What state are you in and what questions do you have?
I can tell you it is going to be MUCH easier to get a job teaching science than nutrition.

Electrical Engineer

These threads are always just 1st/2nd year college kids LARPING about what they see themselves doing in a few years and guessing how much they think they'll earn.

I guess if doing these LARP sessions helps you stay motivated to keep doing your degree than have at it....

U.S. Marine for 3 years so far idk what I wanna do yet with my life

OP here

Real professional actually, looking to go over some things with people in my field but not sure if there's any of them around here..

dropped out of university. doing some manual labor while trying to reapply to a different major in the same university.

I wish I got a disability pension tbqh but I have nothing I can milk to do it. my buddy pulled it off with "anxiety" and he's a buff dude in his late 20s but he also does actually have something wrong with him

I'm in Texas.

What is the schedule for a teacher like? Do you put in a lot of hours grading and making lessons outside of the class room? How are the holidays; do you have to go to a lot of teacher development workshops?

Any misc advice you've picked up over your career would be greatly appreciated!

Electrician

Will be going to seminary after uni and becoming a pastor.

Anyone else /liftforJesus/ here?

Where did you get the interest to go in that direction?

I was in the USMC as well. Currently going through the hiring process for a metro FD.

I never understand why people are so vague on here. You didn't say your professino in OP or in this post. You want to "go over some things" with people in your field. Like what, you're a nuclear submarine commander who will spill the codes in here only if there's another commander?
Contribute to your own convo motherfucker.

why do you think this, user? Think no non-NEETS come on here?

I want to go over it if someone here is from the same profession, this might go deep tonight and I prefer to do it annon, maybe a slack group?

Can't imagine myself doing anything else. I love my church (Missouri synod lutheran, pretty much the last uncucked lutherans) and I love reading theology.

People have been asking me since I was little if I wanted to go into ministry.

Rah Bet that pay will be good are you glad you got out?

Lab tech

As little as humanly possible

making 90k a year at 22 no highschool degree. I'm fine thanks

>90k

That's a lot of cocks user

Bullshit.

You're subbing which means you're paying for all your own shit. Even if you're actually making 90k your probably only taking home at most half of that.

My dad worked as a subcontractor and made about $125,000 to $150,000 every year.

After all his expenses and insurances and fees and taxes he ended up with like 60k-80k cash in hand.

He could have worked a proper job with 100% less stress and less hours and made that 60-80k without having to worry about all that extra shit.

Subbing is a meme.

NEET atm got rifleman enlistment in 2 months

>rifleperson
FTFY boot

huh?

>a proper job
There's only going to be less and less of those comfy desk do-nothing jobs in the coming future as data entry & other bureaucracy processes get streamlined by better software.

I don't know much about Texas other than that the state has a reputation for making the curriculum pretty political. E.g., school textbook board is ridiculous. I'm familiar with NY, NJ, and PA and some national trends.

>What is the schedule for a teacher like? Do you put in a lot of hours grading and making lessons outside of the class room?
In public schools the teacher unions are very strong. They make it a cushy job for slackers. Very hard to fire you, and the contractually required work is minimal. Five classes plus something like lunch or homeroom duty is common.
BUT if you want to do it right you do work pretty hard, especially the first few years. And in my opinion slacker teachers should be shot. And they have miserable lives, you're basically torturing kids for 8 hours a day.
But there are ways to be strategic about it. Beg, borrow, steal materials from other teachers. You don't need to make a syllabus, homework, or exams. You don't have to grade everything, you can just give them a check for having done it. Or you can give a short pop-quiz and just flip through to see if the kids are understanding and then throw in garbage without grading.

>How are the holidays;
Standard government worker holidays plus summer off. Better than most public sector. In your first two years expect to use long weekends just to sleep or to catch up, but after that it's comfy.

>do you have to go to a lot of teacher development workshops?
Unfortunately no. There's very little support in most school systems for new teachers. And when there are workshops they're usually a waste of your time. But for a motivated teacher there are lots of local nonprofits, fellowships, etc. that will give GOOD extra training, sometimes with a stipend.

>Any misc advice you've picked up over your career would be greatly appreciated!
A lot of it is above. Cont.

I enjoyed my time in and I don't regret doing it, but I could never see myself staying in and becoming a staff NCO. I liked the Marines, but I missed the people back home as well.

HVAC Controls/Building automation intern. I do a lot of technician and programming work. It's a fucking sweet gig. If you're not retarded you're already at the top of your field.

Currently trying to determine if there's enough possible profit to start a business in middle-upper class home automation.

High School band teacher here. If you want to teach science you can work basically anywhere. If you are getting a bachelors in bio look into an alternative licence program, most states will let you get your teaching licence while you actively teach.

Lastly check demographics to whatever school you apply to! Be picky don't take the first offer if it is a low performing school. No need to deal with Shaniqua and Tyrone.

+1 for EE. Do work in DSP and FPGA design.

General advice cont.
What I'd do if I were you is look into places that have really good training for motivated people. For example, there are some charter schools that have reputations for kicking ass, and there are Teach For America and similar programs that train kids from elite schools to be teachers. These organizations are not perfect, but they often have put more thought into good, sustainable teaching than many others. See if you can get into one of those programs OR hook up with some people in them and pick their brains.

You can also career shadow people. Go to the kind of school you might be interested in and see if there are ways to volunteer in a classroom. Find someone you want to be like, buy them a beer/coffee, and ask them questions.

I'll be here for a while if you have more Qs.

It's me, thank you for what you've posted so far, it's been eye opening!

One question I forgot was how do you make your curriculum? Does the school give you a general outline, and do you make lessons and powerpoints off of that, or do they tell you exactly what to present?

I'm a rabbi, lift for the big man directly. :)
Religion can often be a good force for self improvement. Good luck to you, user.

OP here

Sounds interesting to be honest

So many of you have actual jobs and going somewhere in life

Wondering why some of us, who maybe found something good in life still end up coming to places like these, why do we do this?

>The daily grind
>The office and other coworkers
>Sometimes just good to shitpost on Veeky Forums

I work in security. Do the night shift for a factory, getting paid to sit and read a book all night.

>mfw I claim my gym costs as a tax deduction because being big4u is a requirement to get the good jobs in security

Different guy.

How hard is social studies/history to get into?

I got a meme degree.

Welder. It's okay enough.

How do you get in?
Can you go from no job to welder in six months?

Because other websites like reddit/forums are obnoxious circlejerks where everyone tries to suck off the mods and people with the most e points so they don't lose their own precious internet points

UKfag here. I want to be a game developer, currently working towards university to do this.

Unfortunately history/language arts are the most saturated teaching positions. However I wouldn't let that discourage you. Volunteer or student teach to build up a resume. Even donating a summer for a student writers work shop with the rec center looks great on a resume. Like I mentioned in a previous post look at an alternative license program. This is what you need to get a fast track teaching license with the state, while making connections.

For the laughs.

From Jeff pls go, puzzlemaster, and supermong, the few year's I've been here has been nothing but good maymays.

Plus I like when people give novices really bad advice. I try to correct, but the shitposting is massive here.

can you get licensed in any subject provided you have a bachelors?

You can probably find a very basic welding job and get some experience that way, but I'd honestly just seek out an apprenticeship in a union like the millwrights.
If you really want to make some money welding, get your welding and fabrication certificate, or get a welding and heavy construction repair certificate

Frame houses.

Yes you can, but it may be harder to get a "highly qualified status". In my state you need at least 21 college credit hours in the same subject as you are teaching to be considered highly qualified. However, I know teachers who took additional tests so they could teach science, art ect. Some states though will only hire if you have those credit hours for your teaching assignment.

Also in Texas.

28/M, software developer. I've had >10 jobs in my life and programming is by far the most fun and most lucrative. It definitely isn't for everyone though, I just find it very enjoyable.

Petroleum engineer

I agree with this because this is what I did as a freshman engineering student before I dropped out after sophomore year due to being a fucking friendless league of legends addict
[spoiler]Now I'm graduating with an econ degree and study data science on the side so I can work for esports[/spoiler]

What do you actually work on?

Does your dev team work highly with project managers, sales/systems engineer or you guys support software your company owns?

Are you like dev ops? What is your background?

i'm a bicycle mechanic in brooklyn

What bike shop are you in?
I just bought a new bike a few weeks ago before the >bike tour

28, developer at DoD.

>DOD

The recent data breach, care to talk about it or this is too open for Veeky Forums?

What would you say you actually do though? Mostly projects/escalations?

Are you contracted by multiple companies or legit work for DOD?

hey m8 i'm staying anonymous if you don't mind. what kind of bike? congrats on doing it, did you have a good time?

Cool, thanks for the heads up

>Does your dev team work highly with project managers, sales/systems engineer or you guys support software your company owns?

Sorta -- I started out at my current company a couple years ago as a contractor helping out on basically a "port" of a legacy sales system to a newer technology stack, and we had project managers during that initial rollout, but now it's in maintenance mode with occasional new feature requests coming in. It's pretty boring desu, I actually just put in my two weeks notice as I'm changing companies to work on another new system.

I'm not really dev ops but I do have Linux server experience -- my bread and butter is building systems on cloud-based infrastructure though. Been doing this for about 5 years now.

graduate student in applied experimental psychology

> building systems on cloud-based infrastructure
>Texas
>Your company starts with R does it not?

You mean the OPM breach? They were quick to offer everyone affected free identity protection for a year so that was helpful

I'm the sole developer at my project, so I'm in charge of the development, deployment, testing, requirements etc. I'm contracted by one of big 4 in DC. I do SharePoint development.

also EE, just finished my second year. When would you guys say things really started to click for you? I mean understanding-wise. I'm doing fine in all my classes, I maintain a 3.5 GPA but I just don't feel like I know as much as I should for an engineer. Is this normal? Or should I just give it more time. I have absolutely no idea what I plan to do once I get my degree

haha naw, most people haven't heard of it. what company were you thinking?

What do you do outside of work?

What do you do when you have a good amount of down time every week at work?

Going into 3rd year of nuclear engineering degree concentrated in plasma and fusion sciences. Last semester went spectacularly and im thinking i will have a chance at phd programs.

Hoping to go into MEMs

27, accountant.

Worked some real shitty jobs until finally landing a really good government job a couple years ago. Probably would have comitted suicide by now with no gf still working shitty jobs so it's the only thing keeping me going.

Do not go into accounting if you think it's easy money that's a meme. Accounting is hell.

Texas
Cloud based tech company

They start with R and end with E

I've worked with them on many, many occasions

But than again, doing what I do I work with a ton of vendors/clients you kind of start remembering HQ of big companies etc..

Chef for a minor league baseball team. Gets kind of irritating when Cubans come walking into my kitchen in their underwear, but the job is easy as hell, and I usually work 7-8 days on, 7 days off.

Yea

Accounting is one of those things people get into because its a gig and they do it for a couple of years. I've seen people come and go from project,sales,etc..

I've talked to some younger guys and they don't really know what they're getting themselves into with that type of job, aye at least it pays the bills and some people can climb pretty high up

ohhhh rackspace!

i live by their office actually, but don't work there

The stories I could share man.........

So what do you actually do outside of work?

Started a software development company. Got a few large clients. Working on some awesome stuff and some lame stuff to.

Will answer questions if people got em

Startup stages or quite known?

Whats your role? What changes do you see coming to the field?

>Software dev
>How much automation do you use?

ha, i bet. i'm pretty boring man, i quit drinking a couple years ago so outside of work now i basically work out, hang out with my gf, go do stuff with my friends, yada yada. ATX is a pretty great place to live because there's always SOMETHING going on during the weekends to go do. thinking about maybe doing AFF skydiving training soon, i've been skydiving before but want to work toward going base jumping...

how about you? what do you do for work/fun?

how did you get your clients? do you have a specific niche?

I do what I like pretty much

Collect guns, car/bikes, go outdoors quite a bit since I'm in the mountain areas of Co. Currently looking for some new things to do though since I've had the same hobbies for a few years now. Cleaning out the cobwebs and about to pick up a guitar

Yeah but really it's only the 1% that can climb. In my experience most will be stuck working in some AR/AP gig for $12 an hour with their bachelors, or busting their hump for $50k working 80 hour weeks for a CPA firm until they get burned out and become a construction worker.

Honestly I hit the lotto with my current job and if I get cut I'd probably just go back to school for computer sciences even if I'm in my 30s. Not going back.

Writing a shitty fantasy novel and teaching myself to day trade

I work from home one day a week, and use that day to relax, read, and watch movies. I don't really get down time on the job since I'm the only developer. If I go on vacation, the work piles up.

Just graduated with a B.S in civil engineering. I got a full time job and I'll going back for a masters in the fall.

I'm an actuary.

>tfw studying to become a philosophy professor

i'm a senior and i feel the same way. honestly college (at least undergrad) is kind of a joke. ive taken senior level courses in math and science for elective too and i'm surprised by how much material is repeated between courses and how little depth they really go into

Whats the most influential philosopher in your life?

Do you read modern philosophy?

>Retail manager
Where my poor career choice boys at?

It varies. Some states and charter schools have topical curricula, like during week 6 you learn about mendel and punnett squares or whatever. Others don't have such a curriculum but there is a standardized test so you want to cover at least that.

There are some schools where you're basically presenting a pre-established powerpoint and administering their tests/homework. IMO that's humiliating and not what teachers should be doing; they're more than just technicians.

For the subjects I taught PA had zero such guidance, so I got to design my own curriculum. I did that by getting models from experienced teachers and then tweaking them to my needs. For 12th grade physics I also used national curricula for the SAT II and AP as rough guides.

In teaching, and in life, a great piece of advice is to begin with the end in mind and work backwards. I always began my year by writing the final exam. That's the first thing I did. Then design a year that will take kids who work hard to a place where they can get an A on that exam.

What kind of retail location?

How much interaction do you have with regional/district managers?

Do you have any say in what changes you can bring to the location or that's more coming down from regional managers?

Don't you at least have a lot of 18-21 bitches all over your dick?

Honestly I'm in my late 20s with a good career but am thinking of getting a weekend job at Target or in the mall to get a gf.

I'm the science teacher. Mostly agree with this guy. But honestly demographics don't worry me. A good teacher, with proper training, can get Shaniqua and Tyrone in line no problem. I'm white and fairly nerdy and I had no problem keeping black kids in line. Most kids like structure and will respond well if you're passionate, competent, and consistent with discipline.
I'll also say I taught at a private school for rich kids and they were WAY worse than the minority kids.

It depends on the state. Most require you to get a teaching certificate through some kind of course program, but as the band guy said you can often get alternative certs that let you earn those while teaching.
It used to be that you had to get "highly qualified" (i.e., more than a bachelors) within some time limit, but with the repeal of NCLB I'm not sure what the current rules are.

Private (and sometimes charter) schools are generally exempt from state requirements, so you can get hired at a private school with no qualifications other than what they require.

What kind of mustache and how much kimchee would you say you eat per day?

Yeah definitely startup stages, but I have 2 large steady clients with long term contracts.
So cash flow is good, just need to grind those contracts so I can work on all the other projects.

I'm the ceo, but only have one employee so far (might add another soon), thus I do a shit load of various work - coding, developer support, marketing, talking shit with clients, design etc.

Changes.. hmm. Things change dramatically every time a new big gadget or tech comes out.
Problem is, tons of people shift domains too frequently in order to chase the change, some do it successfully but the majority don't.

The software market is really in desperate need of GOOD developers.
So many sub-par cookie cutter coders that can't move without a guiding hand, then they complain about management being useless.

>Automation
What for?

I worked for a startup company, and they loved my work.
Was interning for 8 months and built a large consumer facing application for them solo (really risky maneuver on their part desu).

Started my own little company after finishing school making mobile games, then got in touch with my old company.
Word got around (due to my past work) and I ended up getting asked to help with a number of projects.

So in short, get a job in a company that has future marker potential (aka the owners are going places).
Bust your ass, do great work and fast (if possible).
Also, be pleasant to work.

Then people will later come to you with work.

Any progress pics?

Which flyover shithole are you from?

Probably Michael Huemer, I'm mainly interested in analytic epistemology. I'm also interested in history of philosophy and under that heading especially scholasticism.

Manhattan.