/plg/

powerlifting general - /plg/

no hope edition

Other urls found in this thread:

bitvid.sx/file/e6b5b3a74dfbf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for squats actually not feeling so bad.

Gj alex, try to keep those hips down though, keep it in the quads, hips rise with shoulders etc etc

Thanks, yeah, I'm working on it. Maybe with a few more months of some extra quad work it'll actually start looking good.

my hard drive failed and i lost my trappy folder cna you post some rare trappy's please?

J U S T

ow mein back

If you think this is bad you should see some of my squats from 6 months+ ago.

Think we can meme Blaha into starting beef with Bugenhagen? I think it could be entertaining as fuck.

erics on gear no question about it tbqh

Twink is the new Poutine

>dat 1488
But more importantly I just want to see Blaha sperg out over jefferson bulgarian split squats.

Squatted 285 for 14 today, you guys think I can squat 315 for 10 in a lil over a week?

No.

Why not? Imma do it anyway I believe

In a week you could maybe do 300 for 10 and the week after that 305 for 10 IF you're properly recovered. Sets of ten especially if it's a 10RM are much more temperamental than a 5RM and even then those only go up 5lbs a week.

315 for 10 has a lower e1rm than 285 for 14, and it was easy anyway gonna do 295 for 12+ on Sunday

I guess that we shall see. Just gonna eat a lot and NEVER GIVE UP

Im not 100% sure you need more quad work. It may be the angle but your knees only shift back slightly. It may be a chance that you actually need to lean over more in your squat natty layne style. Your body just might be putting you in the correct position

>my hard drive failed and i lost my trappy folder cna you post some rare trappy's please?
my hard drive failed and i lost my trappy folder cna you post some rare trappy's please?

god im such a thick muscle freak

Bugenhagen won't bite, he has so little respect for blaha I really doubt he'd bother. I mean blaha is
>a delusional liar
>fat
>basically doesn't lift
>never achieved anything of note, outlifted by every decent trip on plg

Just becausent he encourages natties to lift heavy and calls out shills doesn't really mean he isn't garbage on every other level

youre a loser piece of trash

Kill yourself you piece of shit

Just squatted 315 the other day for a new PR. only 60 lbs away from what i was squatting when i was a 340+ lbs fatass

ALso buyin more weights 2morrow for deadlifting since i PRed with everything i had last time around

feels good man

bugenhagen is a memelifter building a brand off of goofy lifts. he weighs 230 lbs and squats 330x20. thats complete shit.

You can actually see your upperback rounding and the bar rolling up. Might be a weakness, might just be bad bracing. Either way it's shit and quad work won't fix it.

>800lb jefferson
>880lb hack
>900lb trap bar
>over 1000lb of those variants from blocks
>700lb lunge
>375lb db row
>various 400lb bench variants

Bugenhagen is the single strongest non-powerlifting natty on YouTube, that's not a meme.

What are his numbers on actual lifts?

cannot deadlift 700 cannot bench 2x bodyweight probaly cannot squat lmao 5pl8. like i said memelifts. probably on hrt so he can tell himself i'm in the upper limit natural range bro its all me

>actual lifts
There's more to strength than just powerlifting

>not natty
There is a strong likelihood that he is natural, and so I will choose to believe he is. If not, who cares? He's an inspirational motherfucker

yeah theres also the overhead press, clean and jerk, and snatch

There's also the incline bench, push press, trap bar deadlift, front squat, lunge, dumbbell row

Just cause something isn't "official" doesn't mean it can't be valid.

An 800lb pull of any sort is impressive as fuck, a 400lb bench of any sort is impressive as fuck.

but you can compare other people squats and deadlifts and benches to his but no one else does retarded shit all the time so who knows

He can obviously squat in the 500s, has benched over 400, and deadlifts in the high 600s, he also has no interest in PL and has never competed or claimed to be stronger than powerlifters. Show me one powerlifter with those numbers who is also as strong as Eric on such a multitude of different lifts
>can't do this, can't do that
Neither can you boi
>only 6 lifts matter
>and I'm mediocre at all of them
Training must be painful for you

no but seriously why are all top strongmen fatties, how does being fat help lifting?

>Just cause something isn't "official" doesn't mean it can't be valid.

But the things that are "official" are so because they:
1.) Are broad, relatively simple movements that incorporate large amounts of muscle mass
2.) Have largely agreed upon standards (ass on the bench, squat to depth, etc) that allow for easy comparability

The shit you listed is mostly not this, and is more of a strength based parlor trick than any particularly useful way of measuring strength. It's sort like being able to bounce a golf ball on your wedge instead of actually being good at golf.

I'm sure he's quite strong, it'd just be handy to know numbers on things that matter (dumbbell rows are not that), in order to compare to other strong guys.

>Show me one powerlifter with those numbers who is also as strong as Eric on such a multitude of different lifts

What makes you think I can find a competent powerlifter who wastes so much time on silly, gimmick bullshit? The simple fact that a powerlifter has a better squat and deadlift would mean that he's stronger (bench press is frankly some gimmick bullshit as well, OHP is a better standard). The silly bullshit after the fact is irrelevant.

just because you need calorie surplus to progress, and thats the physique you get from eating at a surplus for the entire tie you're lifting

I remember Broz recommending 3x2 as the absolute minimum which you had to do no matter how shitty your day was.
Imho, start taking more advantage of the good days, but do the minimum and a low-balled max if you've had one or more days off.

Because they essentially compete in super heavy weight class, why would they not be fat?

trappy
chan

Nice goodmornings

How do I taper for a mock meet when on texas method? A week or two should be sufficient, right?

Tilbake til /norgetråden/

pigg av

read the book dummy its in there

Mass moves mass,

If your walking with a yoke that weighs 1300lbs your going to need a large amount of mass to control that amount of weight.

If your not 200kg you aint winning wsm

This isnt true

There are plent of dudes around 100-110kg that are nearly as strong

I love how gaining 80kg in fat only adds like 40kg of strength. Being as lean as possible is the best thing you can do for your total and your health at the same time

why do people squat like this?

They don't gain 80kg of fat compared to the 110kg guys.. And these guys are not competing with a total, there are many different events. For example the truck pull.

>as lean as possible
>good for your health

WRONG. being too lean is not good for you

It turns out I can set some records for my weight division in my country. Due to there being a few different power lifting associations and choosing niche events and weight classes.

Should I? It costs 70 bucks and you dont really get anything except your name on their website.

Agree with this user. Moderately lean is the optimal balance of efficient attractive and healthy

You have to pay to set records? How does that work?

I said mass moves mass, even if you had a 100kg guy who was as strong as them he would not be able to compete in yoke or truck pulls.

idk, thats why im wondering if i should bother.

i can stick it on my resume, linkedin and tinder r-right?

if you have money to spare do it

Its useful for bragging rights and marketing

Does it cost to break records or is it the cost to participate in the meet? Anyway don't bother, they're probably irrellevant if someone on Veeky Forums can break them.

money to participate

Then it doesn't sound so bad. If you were planning on competing anyway might as well go for it.

>even if you had a 100kg guy who was as strong as them he would not be able to compete in yoke or truck pulls.
Is that even true

when was this video shot alex? is this your final form?

na i wasnt, some guy at my gym told me i should check it out cause my lifts were competitive.

im kind of just wondering what the point of paying $70 is for. If all I get is bragging rights and my name on a list.

Do 3x4 at 90 % of your 5x5 VD.
Do your normal light day.
Then just PR:

The higher numbers, the more taper you will need.

Nice goodmorning

Planning on a 440-450 squat. Don't I need some more tapering for that?

the TM is designed so the only fatigue you accumulate only lasts days

you should need any if you stuck to it

Is it me or is my back all kinds of fucked up here?
It I reckon correctly I used to have quite a straight line in my back (it's been a while that I squated).
This looks all kinds of round. [This is on the way up out of the hole]

no youre just fat

Right - and that makes my back look unstraight?
Well, I guess it's possible, ye.

I was always fat though, so nothing should have changed.

>Right - and that makes my back look unstraight?
Yes

This is also a common thing with elite lifters, having huge thoracic erectors look like their upperback is rounded

This is a fucking joke right? It's not real, Candito is just meming right lads?

Alright, make sense I guess - will keep monitoring though, not squatting for a year made me lose the feel for my lower back / hips during the squat. Have to focus on that.

otherwise just show us the vid

If you set a record would you put it on your resume?

or would they think you're a meathead

only if it was relevant to the job

maybe even just to show you're capable of being da best

what if you're in the comp sci/EE industry

stand out from all the nerds right?

If it is impressive enough I guess you could. Shows you are not only strong and confident, but also competitive which means you are dedicated and work hard and you are gifted.

that's why i switched off c6w, that manlet is a psycho squatchad who built a programme that worked for himself.

candito hates tall people.

Of course you put your interests on your resume. Companies don't care about your skills, they just want to weed out the autists before they hire.

so i hurt my knee and it hurts to bodyweight squat or even walk up stairs if I push off with the heel, I thought that was meant to stop the knee from hurting can someone that is smarter than me pls explain

Will do that later - somehow win10 stopped recognizing my iPhone though and iTunes only allows you to sync your entire data onto the PC, not selectively. So I have to figure out a way to transfer real quick.

this is why everyone laughs at powerlifting
well, one of the reasons at least

You would be missing half of leverage on the truck pull, watch them as they start they using their mass to start the pull.

How do I deal with narrow-ass benches? I pack my shoulders, but still slip off. Is there a limit to how narrow a base I can create?

>my nation's army has an airsquat benchmark you need to reach to be able to enlist

Can't you just airsquat indefinitely? What the fuck is the point?

Looks fine to me, bro. form looks alright.

The police strength-test in Norway is 60kg bench for 4 reps (32,5kg for women), and 4 pull-ups.

Hey guys, has been a while since I last posted here.

I've been doing deadlifts with a mate and he tells me that somehow "my hip gets sucked in" during the deadlifts, that my first rep is always fine then it gets a little worse.
So after a few sets of not finding the exact way to stop it I took a video. Long story short; Can you guys tell me what's wrong with my deadlifts?

bitvid.sx/file/e6b5b3a74dfbf

Also how do I go from switching from a 5x5 routine to one that combines 3x5 and 5x5?

Hmm I guess youre right

oh fuck yeah here it comes boys
This ones been cookin in the over for quite sometime

Some air was released initially and now there is a non stop load of stinky Norman khan coming out of my butthole, texture is solid but slippery enough to come out of my ass with ease

careful it's a virus

who the fk is norman khan

that's strange I thought more Norman khan would have been excreted from my butthole then what is currently collected in the toilet

HERE IT COMES BOYS, PLOP PLOP

These stinky sean oneils are just falling out of my butt. This must be how Sean's mom felt.

Mmm, yeah, can't wait to flush these aborted little stank turds.

world class dumbbell pullover

Holy shit look at how furious Norman khan is right now KEK

you little STINKY SMELLY SWEATY CURRYNIGGER topkek100

whatever whatever i do what i want
im racist and active on 9 subreddits and all i do is shitposf

>buy cheap straps from ebay
>£2 and black, these look fine
>arrives
>NATURAL BORN FIGHTER printed all over

I almost forgot how cringe muh ironlyfe and normie lifting was

No it's not I just want deadlifting advice and the file is too high for a Veeky Forums direct upload...

Fuck I hate normies

25 / 6'1 / 90kg~, last set of 5x5 @40kg.

Obviously I'm weak, but I'm struggling a ton with Squats, what glaring mistakes am I making form wise?