Cutting Questions

Hey, cutting questions /thread%

I just started cutting pretty heavily about a week ago. Im not eating anything wheat related at all, just meats, fruits, vegetables and water or almond milk, as well as staying 50p calories below my maintenance and doing very regular cardio.

Needless to say im hungry all the time, so generally as a snack ill just grab an apple or pear or banana or whatever, which i thought was fine.

My question is if youre eating low carb (like 15-20 grams a day maybe, but i try to stay above 15) do the carbs in fruits matter? Because from what ive seen, things like apples and pears have almost 13 grams of carbs in them, and that surprised me. Thanks

Update: heres my calorie and carb count for the day.

Calories: 1230
Carbs: 96 grams

Im pretty certain almost all these were complex carbs, although an insignificant amount of simple ones may have come from my breakfast.

Breakfast: 2 pieces of bacon and 2 scrambled eggs with ketchup and a pear.

Lunch: a carrot dipped in chickpea and roasted pinenut hummus with a banana dipped in NON natural peanut butter, plus just a few blueberries.

Dinner: 2 sole fillets with half a can of black beans and a cup of frozen vegetables.

I also had one apple and a pear for a snack.

So as i think is reasonable, im amazed at this carb count. Im on quite the budget right now so its hard for me to do much planning, but im trying for 2000 calories on 15-20 grams of carbs. Any help would be appreciated.

What's your protein like?

75g. Cant afford protein isolate or itd probably be about 40 grams higher

whats your gender, height, weight

Male, 6 foot,195lbs

What the FUCK are you doing eating only 70g of protein a day???? And yes, fruit carbs matter. Theres about 30g of carbs ALONE in 1 banana.

You won't gain/maintain and muscle with 70g of protein at 195 lbs lmao. You should aim for 0.8-1g of protein per 1 lb of bodyweight

Im in a pretty tight situation which allows for a pretty strict selection of foods that i can get. I chose things which i figured would be best for cutting, like meat and a fruit for breakfast, fruits, vegetables with hummus for lunch, and meat and vegetables or beans for dinner. And like i said, itll be a lot higher once i can actually get protein powder. Im just in a rough transitory period at the moment.

Kiss your gains goodbye if youre not eating 1g per pound of bodyweight

2 questions then:

1. Besides protein isolate, how can i possibly eat that much protein and consume such a small amount of carbs in the process?

2. How can i possibly satiate my daily appetite if things like a single orange contain my daily carb intake?

yes you dumbass, it doesn't matter which type of carb it is unless they're fiber. subtract fiber from total carbs to get net carbs. if you want to eat fruit you cant do low carb

Eat more vegetables. You could literally eat huge ass bowl of spinach and greens for only 50-60 calories.

Guess ill just go back to permabulking. Figured cutting was as easy as eating 500 below, doing regular cardio, eating lots of fruit and vegetables, and maintaining protein (which i just cant do at the moment)

it is easy... if you want to eat fruit just don't do low carb. if you still want to do low carb, grow a pair and get some willpower. it's as simple as that

So really just meat and veggies?

I didn't even read the other posts but how exactly would you think that the carbs in fruit somehow don't count as carbs. Like oh yeah, you can eat a 100% fruit diet, but since it was only fruit, you ate 0 carbs for the day! Wow!

Fruit is *healthy* depending on what the rest of your diet is like and what your goals are, but it's chock full of sugar. Think harder pls.

Yes, really. This is why low carb is hard. Incidentally you better be counting the carbs that are in the veggies as well. I'm not sure what magical method you were even using to calculate your figure of 15-20.

meat, cheese, leafy green vegetables

My magical method was "low but not nothing"

Because of the difference between complex and simple carbs my man

>unironically being this retarded

As user said, there is a huge difference between free sugars and naturally occurring, fiber-bound sugar

I'm an inch taller than you, same weight, and I'm eating 1000 calories more than you, every day. I'm steadily losing, while maintaining or improving in the gym. Sure you should be so low on calories?

Well like i said, my numbers are pretty far from where i want them to be. Although my maintenance is around 2500 so i was thinking 2000 total