That first sip of the day

Good man. Men drink whisky; pussies dont. (Including those who drink whiskey)

>that first hangover of the day

Nice. An Ardberg is fine too.

Good taste, try Lagavulin 16.

How does Quarter Cask compare to 10? Thinking of buying it soon

worth the extra, triple wood even better - if you like Laphroaig it's more of what you like

YES. Best whisky. All the taste and smokiness of Laphroaig but somehow more depth and refinement (which is not a word you'd use to describe Laphroaig)

just bought this for my college graduation. shit is delicious

Love it, but a tad too much caramel-ish.

How are the older Lagavulins, anyone knows?

gf bought me a $1300 "coupon" redeemable for 1 glass of this stuff at a local restaurant
>louis xiii plack pearl

how the fuck do I drink it and not look like a schmuck? I don't even do wine tasting nevermind this stuff. do i smell it first? swirl it around? what do i drink it with?

not fit related kys

if you haven't been drinking liquor for taste for years with specific attention given to flavor and complexity of the liquor then it will be a complete waste on you.

i mean, have a good time and drink it but it will just taste like any other liquor to you

>what do I drink it with?
Holy shit you're in over your head bud.

Just mix it with coke and make eye contact with the bartender the whole time and leave without tipping.

fucking amazing

Burbon bro checking in

is your girlfriend retarded?

i dont really drink cognac. only other cognac ive had was original louis xiii and maybe 20 glasses of it in my life? it was good but obviously i have nothing to compare it to. im so ashamed, i prefer rested/aged tequilas and mezcal...
im not a fuckin re-re. i mean meal-wise. does it pair with steak or chicken or fish or it doesnt matter. like, obviously you're a fuckin phd bud so you tell me. bless me with your knowledge.

retarded rich

>An Ardberg
jfc user.

kekd

My nigga. Original blantons is GOAT bourbon. All the special editions are scams.

can I join

>Just mix it with coke and make eye contact with the bartender the whole time and leave without tipping.

My dudes

Islay is the most patrician variety of scotch desu

>at good whiskey bar/restaurant in chicago (longman)
>ordering glasses of bourbon that cost $15-20 (blantons, etc, even had a sip of pappy)
>order pic related, my go-to
>it actually tastes better than everything else i had

Do i have shit taste? I feel like buffalo trace is the best value in whiskey.

> irish
> whiskey
> not ubermensch scotch whisky

You and your pigswill arent welcome here

Eat a gun, there are plenty of good Irish whiskies, especially in Ireland. Edgy millennials just think scotch is trendy.

First rule of drinking (or cigars, or love, or cheese, or really any of the finer things) is to enjoy it. You don't need to enjoy the fancy stuff because it's hip or to fit an image.
That said, education of what's considered good and why can enhance your enjoyment. But if you've tried it all and like the cheap stuff good for you, you just get more bang fr your buck.
I own several bottles of scotch worth hundreds of dollars. But my personal favorites are all under 100.

> edgy millennials just think Scotch is trendy
> owns hundred dollar bottles of Scotch

So either youre an edgy millennial or talking out your arse? Also, you always hear of people having a good scotch, you never hear anyone going on about a good irish. Not saying there arent any, scotch is just a much more refined and classy gentlemans beverage.

T. Scotsman

You need to work on your critical reading skills. If you LIKE scotch better that's fine. Personally I love it! Way more than Irish or bourbon. I'm jealous of anyone who lives in the promised land.
But thinking you're "supposed" to like scotch better because it's the "classy" drink du jour is dumb. You need to separate the PR and trends from real quality. The talk about "good scotch" is less than 50 decades old, before that little attention was paid. One day it won't be, but who knows what the next "it" drink will be? Before gray goose nobody talked about "a good vodka."

Bottom line, there's no reason to shit on other people's tastes.

*by real quality I mean actual enjoyment
*by 50 decades I mean 50 years

I never said I drink scotch because of societal views of the hierarchy of whiskys, I drink scotch because Im scottish and I like it. I appreciate your point though, it was just Scottish v Irish banter. To be fair though there has been good vodka before grey goose, ask the russians; good russian vodka literally tastes of water and you dont notice until youre absolutely fucked

>it was just Scottish v Irish banter
Fair enough. Bantz is always a valid defense :)

>I never said I drink scotch because of societal views of the hierarchy of whiskys
Of course. Never said you did. I wasn't bothered by your preference, more that you were saying another user isn't allowed to enjoy Irish.

>there has been good vodka before grey goose
Absolutely agree. All cachaca tastes like alcoholic urine to me but I'm sure that in Brazil they like some more than others. I'm sure even 100 years ago some scotches were objectively better, and sold better, than others.I just meant that the idea of "people talking about" good stuff the way they talk about fine wines is subject to trends and cycles.

Nah Buffalo Trace / Rittenhouse rye are the secret bosses of the whiskey world. Made with love, not for a love of profit

> magic marker drink
my nigga

Can i have a couple of drinks tonight if I went to the gym today? I just want to get a bit drunk but if I'll have a glass of water in between each drink will it completely mess up my gains? And I don't mean blackout drunk, just the drunkenness that comes after being tipsy.

yeah my fat ugly gf bought my fat neckbeard ass $1300 of cognac. i also have autism.

despite the name, Cognac has nothing to do with Champagne as americans know it, cognac is a liquor (40%) "eau-de-vie"
you dont swirl it around (nor do you swirl around the champagne wine)
It's drank straight

>that first sip of the day

molto benne

che cazzo fai